News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

new wave of darkness

Previous topic - Next topic

erynys

yeah. none of the reasons are solid, and rely on other, non-related explanations. its not cool, guys. if you dont have a clue what im talking about, you werent meant to. :)
im not really THAT psychic. i just like to pretend that i am. :)

Jelal67

Perhaps thats how its meant to be, humanity is the one who made the divide between astral and physical, and some can break through that divide. Perhaps that schism is what original sin is all about...
I'd rather spend my life attempting to make myself happy rather than prevent myself from being unhappy.

erynys

i agree. its the humans!!! ugh. who know the worst disease was homo sapien.

Hannah b

Interesting. How can one tell the difference between imagination and reality? What is imagination? What is reality? The older I get the more these boundaries seem to dissolve. Recently I've realized that I can experience situations in my "imagination", and therefore I don't have the need of experiencing them in the physical reality. I'm thrilled! What a time saver. Is it a "worse" experience since I lived it on a different level?
So one can say...yeah but how do you know that what you have experienced is the same as the "real" experience. I say: WHO CARES?? An experience is an experience whether it's a fantasy, a dream or an OBE. Personally I really don't see the difference and maybe I'm just really naive since I believe that all people on OBE forums are aware that we are multidimentional at ALL times...oh well
The only constant in the Universe is change

Jelal67

No Hanna, I think your very right, an experince is an experince no matter how it is viewed. Our imagination affects our perception profoundly and it is near impossible to seperate the two... but conversly their are certain trademarks of various experinces that set them apart for others... We are alwas multidimensional, its all about changing our limites minds into perciving other dimensional levels rather than just this one... its all incredibly awe inspiriing though, isn't it?
I'd rather spend my life attempting to make myself happy rather than prevent myself from being unhappy.

erynys

yes. very true. i agree with hannah. al experiences are real. it doesnt matter if they were experienced on the physical realm or not.

elendal

You may be interested in reading this...

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=7493

... and some other of my posts there, and on GoM forum. Maybe you'll find something that will explain a thing or two.

Even though I said there I wouldn't post anywhere from now on, this is a too important matter to miss. Ever since I posted that, I've been under full astral (or whatever you want to call it) assault. Head on, no holding back anymore type of assault. Your vision of a wave of darkness reminded me of a dream I had after that post. During the assault I captured one of the beings (lesser servant, so to speak), and while waiting for the sun to come up (I was interested to see how "dream sun" would affect it), the scene suddenly completely changed, and there was this giant black fog coming our way. I started running away and shouting to the people that it's coming, and that they should be ready for it.

The dream scene changed again, and I found myself in my bed (still in a dream), with some kind of full body contraption around my body. It was designed to hold me grounded, incapable of moving freely. I destroyed a part of it, and it completely disassembled and fell to the ground. There were some other things in the dream, and immediately before I fell asleep, but I won't describe them here.

I have no intention to start a discussion of my experiences. I have nothing against other people's opinions, though, and everyone may feel free to say whatever they like. I am simply not going to reply. Not because I don't wish to defend myself, but because I'm trying to keep my profile as low as possible right now.

Regarding seeing the future, I cannot really see it, but I can sort of "feel" it. More precisely, I can feel intentions affecting possibilities.

Seeing the future is really nothing much of a business. Some beings are able not only to see it, but to manipulate it as well. And not just the future. They can manipulate the past as well. So, from my point of view, seeing the future is really nothing special. No more special, for example, than seeing the past.

Though, these beings do like to think of themselves as "gods" for their "god-like" abilities... which is too bad for them, I must say, because the "time" is coming for them to sober up from their faulty feeling of power, and their complete disregard for life of other beings. What goes around comes around, as they say...

erynys

i think its safe to say that this topic is like....i dunno, not only dead, but decomposing. on a lighter note, i slept 0 hours last night. i did take small naps though. to see if i could OBE in a state of intense exhaustion. stupid homework....anyway. i kinda started to see a bright light grow i felt disconnected from my body, then i opened my eyes, and it was back to normal.

Mydral

Quote from: erynys on May 03, 2007, 17:24:37
yes. very true. i agree with hannah. al experiences are real. it doesnt matter if they were experienced on the physical realm or not.

I have to disagree with that. There is a difference of realness between them. There is phsyical reality and there are other realities. You cannot say that something that you imagined is as real as something that acctually happened to you.
Whatever you do spiritually you have to stay grounded in the physical reality and accept that as your current "home" so to say. That should be rule number 1.
In somnis veritas

Hannah b

Quote from: Mydral on May 08, 2007, 09:37:44
There is a difference of realness between them. There is phsyical reality and there are other realities. You cannot say that something that you imagined is as real as something that acctually happened to you.
Whatever you do spiritually you have to stay grounded in the physical reality and accept that as your current "home" so to say. That should be rule number 1.

Hey Mydral,
Staying grounded is an obvious rule no 1.
Rule no 2 is that the physical reality is just one of the realities we experience.
Apart from that, I'd love to hear your definition of what is imagination and what is reality...  :wink:

erynys

lol. silly. the merging of the two is how we influence the physical reality. :) im laughing as a teen, but really, im giggling as a child. :)

Mydral

Quote from: erynys on May 10, 2007, 01:49:44
lol. silly. the merging of the two is how we influence the physical reality. :) im laughing as a teen, but really, im giggling as a child. :)

Not exactly... physical reality stays unchanged with respects to laws, appearance, etc. The thing changeable are situations in which you are involved since we have the power of choice. You can imagine yourself acting to certain things in a certain way and then do that or you can give yourself positive thoughts which might acctually change the outcome of an event but thats it.
You cannot imagine an object appearing and it will appear for example. Secondly if you merge imagination with reality you might develope emotions because of what your imagening, which is a really bad thing. For example if you imagine doing a crime and feel guilt about it....

You have to keep imagination and reality seperated, they are different. Imagination tries to mimick physical reality until you make a concious decision against this. In both cases you have to accept that what you imagined isn't the real thing. In the first case only the experience which you will receive from external stimuli in the physical reality will count and the second case doens't exist in physical reality.

Don't think this is true? Please imagine doing your favourite activity, it will not be as satisfying as the real thing. To acctually feel it completly you have to do it in the physical reality.
Now imagine flying, feel the rush of the wind etc. have fun with this imagination. Now stop and realise that you can't do it and feel the frustration. If you would accept the imagination as reality you might jump from a building thinking you can fly..... some children acctually did that.
In somnis veritas

Hannah b

Quote from: Mydral on May 14, 2007, 16:07:43
Not exactly... physical reality stays unchanged with respects to laws, appearance, etc. The thing changeable are situations in which you are involved since we have the power of choice.You can imagine yourself acting to certain things in a certain way and then do that or you can give yourself positive thoughts which might actually change the outcome of an event but thats it. You cannot imagine an object appearing and it will appear for example.

I have experienced myself, and know people who first put a lot of intention into their "imagination" and managing to manifest their "imagination" in physical reality.  The power of intention. Attracting people you want to attract, situations, events, job, money...etc.Yes, objects - visualization is a very powerful tool in terms of accomplishing your goals.

Secondly if you merge imagination with reality you might developer emotions because of what your imagining, which is a really bad thing. For example if you imagine doing a crime and feel guilt about it....
Oh! That is really really bad  :-o yikes!!! I better not imagine galloping on horses through green fields or being happily in love because I might experience some severe positive emotions, which will make me feel really good...and oh jee...I better not do that and stick to this wonderful physical reality we have here on earth...it's just so positive I can't get enough of it  :lol:

QuoteYou have to keep imagination and reality separated, they are different. Imagination tries to mimic physical reality until you make a conscious decision against this. In both cases you have to accept that what you imagined isn't the real thing. In the first case only the experience which you will receive from external stimuli in the physical reality will count and the second case doesn't exist in physical reality.
First of all -  I don't HAVE to do anything.
Second - I don't see any reason to keep them separated as long as I'm sane,happy, have a job, pay taxes and good friends and people to talk to.
Third - Actually...it's the physical reality mimicking the etherical, as for 3rd dimension is a lot more dense than lets say 4th (where most dreams/ imagination come from) a good example is Kirlian photography (http://www.totse.com/en/fringe/fringe_science/kirilia.html "If portions of the physical body are cut away, the energy matrix or "phantom" of the missing part is still clearly visible in the photograph, although there is no tangible, physical substance there." Also, any healer, aura reader, will tell you that an illness can appear in the energy field weeks and even months before it appears in the physical body ( great book, Vibrational Medicine, Dr. Richard Gerber, "The etheric body is a holographic energy template that guides the growth and development of the physical body." )

Quoteonly the experience which you will receive from external stimuli in the physical reality will count .
I simply cannot agree with that because it means that all dreams, visions, obe's through which I gather very useful and practical information to use in my physical reality are worthless. And hey, I'm not the only one! Ask any artist or genius where he gets his information from...surely not from a book - everything appears first in the higher realms and then is manifested in the dense 3D reality.

QuoteDon't think this is true? Please imagine doing your favorite activity, it will not be as satisfying as the real thing.
No, I don't think it's true - I often receive a lot more satisfaction imagining the action than actually doing it in the physical  :wink: Really!

QuoteTo actually feel it completely you have to do it in the physical reality.
Wow!!!!??????

QuoteNow imagine flying, feel the rush of the wind etc. have fun with this imagination. Now stop and realize that you can't do it and feel the frustration. If you would accept the imagination as reality you might jump from a building thinking you can fly..... some children actually did that.
I don't get frustrated because I know I can fly in other realities than the physical...actually it's simpler than walking! :lol:
I won't jump from a building because I understand the laws and limits of this reality.

Oh well, I'll start giggling too....
No point in battling with rationality...  :roll:
Good luck with everything...

To finish I have a quote by Robert Monroe which I'd like to dedicate to you Mydral from the very bottom of my heart ... honestly :lol:

" For those who die, there is life.
 For those who dream, there is a reality.
 For those who have hope, there is knowledge.
 For those who explore, there is eternity."

Mydral

Well as long as you can handle it....

Once you cross a certain line you will understand what I ment, but then its to late for you. Just think of everything overlapping and you beeing unable to tell what was a dream and what really happened. Now thats going to be lots of fun...  :wink:

And btw I never said your dreams etc. are worthless, as long as you accept that they didn't happen in the physical reality. You basically misunderstood my point since its hard to describe, it came from personal experience.
Kirlian photography is something in our reality... I can see phantom images if I want to. But thats beside the point.
I can't explain what I wanted to say properly to you since you just mock me.
In somnis veritas

Nay

I think it's healthy to keep reality and fantasy separate.  Hannah, I thought I was the smart butt around here..lol  you looking for a new title?  I'm willing to give it to ya. :lol:

Hannah b

Hey Mydral,
Quote from: Mydral on May 17, 2007, 13:44:26
Well as long as you can handle it....

Once you cross a certain line you will understand what I meant, but then its to late for you. Just think of everything overlapping and you being unable to tell what was a dream and what really happened. Now thats going to be lots of fun...  :wink:

I'm handling it quite well so far thanks, and am far from not seeing the difference between a dream and physical reality. I don't see the difference in the FEELINGS of these experiences and the importance of them.

QuoteAnd btw I never said your dreams etc. are worthless, as long as you accept that they didn't happen in the physical reality.

well, this is a quote from your previous post:
Quoteonly the experience which you will receive from external stimuli in the physical reality will count
I know you are referring to all strange experiences, but dreams don't come from external stimuli in the physical reality, so following your path of think they're quite worthless. I also understand from the quote, that if I refuse to accept that they are "just dreams" they will have no meaning. What about mental projections? - they can be easily put in the category of "just imagination", yet the method works for many and is quite easily validatable in the physical reality as a "true -real" experience...so what is the difference between this and me fantasizing about riding a horse?

QuoteKirlian photography is something in our reality... I can see phantom images if I want to. But thats beside the point.
It's not beside the point...Kirlian photography is a proof that the other dimencions are coexisting with physical reality-just like imagination is. And none of these dimencions is more important than the other. Phantom images are not physical reality, yet you seem to count them in as "ok"...hmm....

QuoteI can't explain what I wanted to say properly to you since you just mock me.
You have all the space and time to say properly what you want.
I'm not mocking you - at least it's not my intention, sorry if you perceive it like that. I quoted you Monroe with honest intentions, but I guess I was misunderstood.I understand that you're very rational, although I'm scanning through your posts, and agree with many of your opinions and can't really manage to put together the fact that you believe(and practice) aura seeing, OBE...etc. and say that experiences during "imagining" are worthless...
Maybe it's the difference in understanding the word "physical reality" - I understand it as solid, material reality on planet earth - 3rd dimencion...how do you? :wink:

All the best

ps.Thanks Nay...I'll pass..  8-)