News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

General types of astral projection techniques?

Previous topic - Next topic

PlasmaAstralProjection

Since getting into astral projection recently again thanks to Szaxx, I've been wondering. What are the main over arching types of astral projection techniques out there? Like what types of techniques are there generally speaking? IDK how you would break them down, but there has to be an underlying theme that each astral projection technique has. Or a link to this subject would be fine too. I did a quick google search and couldn't find anything. Thanks.

EDIT: I think there has been some confusion so let me make my question clear. I am asking what are the broad categories for the different kinds of common astral projection techniques?

desert-rat

I have yet to have a conscious o.b.e. my self .I will give you some info , but if you do some basic searching you can find a lot of info . This forum has all or most of the a.p. methods if you look .  There are methods where you have a obe from a lucid dream most of the rest involve meditation , deep relaxitoin then some form of visualition .     This forum has a free pdf book for down load as does obe 4 you .  There are lots of a.p./obe    books for sale on amazon and in new age/med phy.  book stores .  There are lots of a.p./o.b.e. videos on you tube . 
http://obe4u.com
one of many many a.p./o.b.e. forums . I will post my fav. search site . S.F. has a a.p. sec.
http://www.astralvoid.com
http://www.dogpile.com
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/   

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: desert-rat on October 07, 2016, 13:30:32
I have yet to have a conscious o.b.e. my self .I will give you some info , but if you do some basic searching you can find a lot of info . This forum has all or most of the a.p. methods if you look .  There are methods where you have a obe from a lucid dream most of the rest involve meditation , deep relaxitoin then some form of visualition .     This forum has a free pdf book for down load as does obe 4 you .  There are lots of a.p./obe    books for sale on amazon and in new age/med phy.  book stores .  There are lots of a.p./o.b.e. videos on you tube . 
http://obe4u.com
one of many many a.p./o.b.e. forums . I will post my fav. search site . S.F. has a a.p. sec.
http://www.astralvoid.com
http://www.dogpile.com
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/   
I've read of many different astral projection techniques. And I am sure I can read about many more astral projection techniques. But that isn't what I am looking for right now. My question isn't easily found from what I can see. I even google searched again. My particular question is what types of astral projection techniques are there? Meaning what are the broad categories for the different kinds of common astral projection techniques?

For instance one could divide up astral projection techniques into conscious and un-conscious projection. But this is too broad IMO. So is there another way these common astral projection techniques could be divided up?

The first step in really understanding something is defining it. And for me I find I learn best if I get the over all picture. Thus the question.

Thanks for your reply deserted rat. LOL I mean desert rat.

Xanth

There are a myriad of techniques and methods out there to project with.

Although, when you break them all down, they're all the same.
The only thing which differentiates them is what the technique makes you "focus" on.

The FOCUS of the technique is all that makes them different.  They all make you focus on something to the exclusion of everything else.

That's it.  So, as you can see, there really is only one technique... you just need to find the "focus" which works best for you in order to succeed.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Xanth on October 07, 2016, 14:16:24
There are a myriad of techniques and methods out there to project with.

Although, when you break them all down, they're all the same.
The only thing which differentiates them is what the technique makes you "focus" on.

The FOCUS of the technique is all that makes them different.  They all make you focus on something to the exclusion of everything else.

That's it.  So, as you can see, there really is only one technique... you just need to find the "focus" which works best for you in order to succeed.
Oh yeah now it's coming back to me. I'm a bit rusty.

I'll assume that everyone else agrees with that. If not please post and let me know.

Other than that is sounds very similar to meditation. Which they say meditation is the art of concentrating on everything and nothing at the same time. Sounds very similar to what your saying.

OK well thanks for that Xanth. Do you mind if I call you X for short? LOL  :lol: Just kidding.

Xanth

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on October 07, 2016, 19:03:56
Oh yeah now it's coming back to me. I'm a bit rusty.

I'll assume that everyone else agrees with that. If not please post and let me know.
I'm sure some here don't.  Please feel free to speak up.

QuoteOther than that is sounds very similar to meditation. Which they say meditation is the art of concentrating on everything and nothing at the same time. Sounds very similar to what your saying.
"Meditation" is kind of a catch-all, umbrella phrase really.  Projecting isn't similar to meditation... it *IS* meditation.
Meditation defines the action... but you need to have a "goal" for what you want to accomplish WHILE you're meditating. 
Or, you can actually have no goal and just go with the flow and allow whatever happens to happen.

But meditation itself isn't a "thing" in and of itself.

To consciously project, one meditates towards the specific goal of "projecting".

QuoteOK well thanks for that Xanth. Do you mind if I call you X for short? LOL  :lol: Just kidding.
You... no.  "Lord and Master" will do just fine.  Thanks.  ;)

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Xanth on October 07, 2016, 19:31:15
"Meditation" is kind of a catch-all, umbrella phrase really.  Projecting isn't similar to meditation... it *IS* meditation.
Meditation defines the action... but you need to have a "goal" for what you want to accomplish WHILE you're meditating. 
Or, you can actually have no goal and just go with the flow and allow whatever happens to happen.

But meditation itself isn't a "thing" in and of itself.

To consciously project, one meditates towards the specific goal of "projecting".

I think I can agree with that assessment.

Quote from: Xanth on October 07, 2016, 19:31:15
You... no.  "Lord and Master" will do just fine.  Thanks.  ;)
Damn I'm scratching my head right now, I don't know if you got a massive ego, or that was a joke.  :lol:

Nameless

LOL, I'm pretty sure that was a joke Plasma. And I agree with Xanth, oh sorry, X, wait no, make that L&M. :-D
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Nameless on October 07, 2016, 20:19:16
LOL, I'm pretty sure that was a joke Plasma. And I agree with Xanth, oh sorry, X, wait no, make that L&M. :-D
LOL Thank God we have a sober astral projector here. Hahaha Another inside joke.

PlasmaAstralProjection

So where are these mysterious astral projectors that have a differing opinion on this? Don't worry I won't joke around anymore here, unless you throw the first punch.  :evil:  :-D LOL

LightBeam

Plazma, you can address me as "Your Grace" LOL
I agree with Professor X, that all techniques are some sort of focus to direct your consciousness away from this reality. Here a a few popular methods; visualization, motion, phasing, affirmations. I suggest you read William Buhlman's books, pick one technique and practice for at least 4 weeks consistently. You may not see results immediately, it takes time for your awareness to adjust.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: LightBeam on October 07, 2016, 23:08:08
Plazma, you can address me as "Your Grace" LOL
I agree with Professor X, that all techniques are some sort of focus to direct your consciousness away from this reality. Here a a few popular methods; visualization, motion, phasing, affirmations. I suggest you read William Buhlman's books, pick one technique and practice for at least 4 weeks consistently. You may not see results immediately, it takes time for your awareness to adjust.
Yeah last thing I was practicing was feeling like I was falling out of my body. And I noticed that I had two dreams of falling out of my body, one of them was falling backward. I never actually actually astral projected from those though, but I knew I hit something deep inside of me that I never hit before because I had those dreams. And it was because of AP practice that I had those dreams, because it's not natural to fall out of your body, especially backward. LOL So I will continue motion AP techniques for now. But yeah thanks for that. I guess if we were to categorize AP techniques it would be in one of those categories. As far a William Buhlman. I like listening to him. Perhaps I should read his book again. I've already got 2 books that friends want me to read. OK I'll see what I can do. I had a few beers so I don't have anything else to add. LOL BTW it's been months since I had some beer.

Other than that thanks a lot grease, oh grace, sorry for that slip up. Hahaha Pun intended.

LightBeam

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on October 07, 2016, 23:41:56

Other than that thanks a lot grease, oh grace, sorry for that slip up. Hahaha Pun intended.

You can be beheaded for insulting your Queen. LOL. (too much Game of Thrones watching  :-D)
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: LightBeam on October 07, 2016, 23:48:13
You can be beheaded for insulting your Queen. LOL. (too much Game of Thrones watching  :-D)
Nerd! LOL

Xanth

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Xanth on October 08, 2016, 01:05:42
OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!  ON A PIKE WITH IT!!
Kind of hard to take that seriously from a kitty that wants to be a frog. Hahaha

desert-rat

Plasma in the time you have spent on this post you could of been half way through a Monroe , or Buhlman book.  If you want different ideas , see what is posted on a.p. on you tube
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=astral+projection

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: desert-rat on October 08, 2016, 12:44:42
Plasma in the time you have spent on this post you could of been half way through a Monroe , or Buhlman book.
I'm not a fast reader, but thanks for the encouragement.

desert-rat

A simple/easy teq. to reach an altered state is slow deep breathing . 

Subtle Traveler

Quote from: desert-rat on October 08, 2016, 12:44:42
Plasma in the time you have spent on this post you could of been half way through a Monroe , or Buhlman book.  If you want different ideas , see what is posted on a.p. on you tube
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=astral+projection

Great observation and comment!

I would add that Buhlman also has tons of free stuff on his web site (www.astralinfo.org). I add this specifically, because that's how I individually had my first out of body experience (e.g., reading his web site and trying out a technique that he had presented). He also has a free newsletter (which I just happened to receive and read this morning).

Furthermore ... Jurgen Ziewe is another (multidimensionalman.com) ... Ryan Tasker (Xanth) is another with his Unlimited Boundaries forum ... Fred Aardema is another ... (and I could easily list more)

there is lots of free stuff out there if someone GENUINELY wants to learn how to project or OBE!

----------------

btw ... hello to all ... I have quietly been reading some old conversations here at AP by Frank Kepple, Fred Aardema and Bruce Moen for the last few weeks ... I decided to finally speak up and re-introduce myself.
As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Subtle Traveler on October 08, 2016, 15:07:09
Great observation and comment!

I would add that Buhlman also has tons of free stuff on his web site (www.astralinfo.org). I add this specifically, because that's how I individually had my first out of body experience (e.g., reading his web site and trying out a technique that he had presented). He also has a free newsletter (which I just happened to receive and read this morning).

Furthermore ... Jurgen Ziewe is another (multidimensionalman.com) ... Ryan Tasker (Xanth) is another with his Unlimited Boundaries forum ... Fred Aardema is another ... (and I could easily list more)

there is lots of free stuff out there if someone GENUINELY wants to learn how to project or OBE!

----------------

btw ... hello to all ... I have quietly been reading some old conversations here at AP by Frank Kepple, Fred Aardema and Bruce Moen for the last few weeks ... I decided to finally speak up and re-introduce myself.

At 727 post here I am well aware of what the top astral projection resources are. I just never recalled someone really categorizing the different types of astral projection techniques, thus my question. Other than that thanks for chiming in Subtle Traveler.

Subtle Traveler

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on October 08, 2016, 16:14:33
At 727 post here I am well aware of what the top astral projection resources are. I just never recalled someone really categorizing the different types of astral projection techniques, thus my question. Other than that thanks for chiming in Subtle Traveler.

Well, actually I wasn't responding to you (and intentionally so) ... you appear to be asleep ... so I directly responded to and complimented Desert Rat. I intentionally expanded upon the poignancy of his comment to you.

However, since you have responded to me that you were well aware of top astral projection resources, let me simply ask this one clarification about your awareness ...

Were you aware that Buhlman's site ALREADY lists 'general types of astral projection techniques'? It already answers your thread's primary question (It is done ... it is finished.).

Well, apparently not.

I have seen and read many of your posts here (I have done some homework) ... in the end "categorizing things like techniques" doesn't matter much as it is a physical manifestation of the biological brain (specifically the left hemisphere) ... that is all it is ... it will not get you out of body ...

Selecting a single technique and practicing it for 30 to 60 days (as suggested by Buhlman) significantly increases your chances of getting out of body. I can confidently hold forth that it did for me.

"Wake up!"

------------------

Desert Rat ... I would give you 10 stars or points for your comment if I could ... very poignant.
As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Subtle Traveler on October 08, 2016, 18:26:22
Well, actually I wasn't responding to you (and intentionally so) ... you appear to be asleep ...

Why do you think I am asleep? I think I might know what your talking about but I am curious what answer you give.

so I directly responded to and complimented Desert Rat. I intentionally expanded upon the poignancy of his comment to you.

Your right I see that you were replying to desert-rat. Though a bit strange since DR has a lot more experience than me and it was my thread. But OK I can see that you replied to him, I'm not perfect.

Quote from: Subtle Traveler on October 08, 2016, 18:26:22Were you aware that Buhlman's site ALREADY lists 'general types of astral projection techniques'? It already answers your thread's primary question (It is done ... it is finished.).

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. I'll check it out. It's been a while since I have really researched astral projection techniques. So like I said I'm a bit rusty. BTW I didn't mean that I know and remember everything from the top resources. All I really meant was that I know of the main teachers that teach astral projection that is all. And I did eventually do a somewhat extensive google search to seek my answer and I didn't find it.

Quote from: Subtle Traveler on October 08, 2016, 18:26:22in the end "categorizing things like techniques" doesn't matter much as it is a physical manifestation of the biological brain (specifically the left hemisphere) ... that is all it is ... it will not get you out of body ...

Well it depends on who you ask.

Selecting a single technique and practicing it for 30 to 60 days (as suggested by Buhlman) significantly increases your chances of getting out of body. I can confidently hold forth that it did for me.

"Wake up!"

I know I hope I wake up too. I'm on my fourth cup of coffee and it's only 1 PM. LOL

OK no seriously I know it's a problem for not only myself but many. Most of us are still living in Maya and the journey out of it will be long. But hey I I'd as well enjoy that journey.

And yes I will keep trying to astral project. And I like how you give a time frame for getting results.

Desert Rat ... I would give you 10 stars or points for your comment if I could ... very poignant.
I know right a rating system would be great.

Thanks for chiming in Subtle Traveler!

Lumaza

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on October 08, 2016, 23:48:38
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. I'll check it out. It's been a while since I have really researched astral projection techniques.
YOU ARE CURRENTLY ON A FORUM NAMED THE ASTRAL PULSE, WHICH IS LOADED WITH ASTRAL PROJECTION TECHNIQUES!  :? :? :? :? :?

Possibly this is what Subtle Traveler meant when he said to "WAKE UP".  
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Lumaza on October 09, 2016, 00:45:00
YOU ARE CURRENTLY ON A FORUM NAMED THE ASTRAL PULSE, WHICH IS LOADED WITH ASTRAL PROJECTION TECHNIQUES!  :? :? :? :? :?

Possibly this is what Subtle Traveler meant when he said to "WAKE UP".  
I'll reply tomorrow just in case, as I am tried. :Yawn time for bed. See you tomorrow.