News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Members' Artwork

Previous topic - Next topic

Stillwater

I have always liked images where the vanishing points are grossly off the horizon, haha- it gives a very surreal sort of impression, that isolates the entities as separate objects of consideration in a way that unified vanashing points can't.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Stookie_

Bedeekin

Quote from: ronin on May 06, 2012, 16:20:07
I guess this would not be considered standard art but my abilities with paint or pencil are extremely limited but give me a hammer and a very hot fire and I can forge steel

NICE!!

Make me a sword!!!! Please!!! Can I design it?

Much respect sir!!

Bedeekin

Just thought I'd share this with you... Just finished it...

It depicts Bedeekin meditating under the Time-Peace tree.

personalreality

great bedeekin.

i should have invested more time in graphic design.  i still do it the old fashioned way.  oil paint and canvas.
be awesome.

Bedeekin

Well I am a traditional artist also and not into graphical design whatsoever. Apart from logos and tattoos etc. Other than that I'm pretty useless at desktop publishing or Digital 3D etc.

Stillwater

Lol stookie... you are going nuts with the penned stuff  :lol:

I like your paintings alot as well bed, good stuff.

Here are some things I have done recently:

Bedeekin

Blender eh?

You must have tried Zbrush.

Stookie_

Those are awesome Stillwater. I've done some stuff in Zbrush, but I'm not too great at 3D modeling yet.

Quote from: Stillwater on August 15, 2012, 05:12:57
Lol stookie... you are going nuts with the penned stuff  :lol:

Yeah, at the beginning of the year I decided to start these. The idea was to bring out my creativity in ways I've never done, and eventually be able to work those ideas into bigger projects. I have a few rules: I can only go into a drawing with a single, simple idea to build on or none at all. I want it to be in-the-moment, stream-of-consciousness. And I have to fill the entire page. My goal is to do this for an entire year.

It's already spawned 3 bigger projects... I'm working on a wood engraving right now (laser, not hand engraved) that I'm almost finished with. It's taken weeks. So much staining, poly, engraving, staining, cutting, engraving, staining, shellac... but it's almost done now. I'll post a pic when it's done.

You're painting is awesome Beedekin. It reminds me of a shirt I had as a teenager of an alien meditating under a giant mushroom (though yours is much more colorful and detailed). I think it's since gone to the goodwill. I wonder if anyone wears it these days?

Stillwater

I have actually never used zbrush, haha- even the academic version runs 450$, lol.

They were about 95% meshed, and then I used blender's sculpt functions. I don't know how zbrush works, but if you sculpt too much in blender, you start to thin out the mesh geomertry in regions, so you sort of have to model most of it.

Bedeekin

Here's a new art blog I started this morning. It's mostly my early work at the moment... stuff I did for an alien exhibition... a sample:

I've been a busy bee....

http://bedeekins.blogspot.co.uk/

please check it out.

I did some Zbrush modelling for Harry Potter and Dark knight... but I'm actually not that proficient at it.  :-D Very basic level. Zbrush 101. not even that.

But I'm learning it because my industry is coming around to using 3D printing these days.

Stillwater

What does your company use 3d printing for? Fabricating things like ceramic set pieces?

Bedeekin

No... The Jokers Henchmen masks in the Dark Knight. I built them on Zbrush then they were turned up in a 4 axis milling machine. Other things were the pommel of the Wolfman's cain and some other bits and bobs on Harry Potter. Voldemort's ring.

Stookie_

I finally finished my wood picture. It's 16"x13 1/2" and made out of birch. The process: I stained the entire piece with 4 coats of black stain, and then coated that with polyurethane. When that dried, I laser engraved the pattern into it. Then I did 2 coats of maple colored stain in the engraved areas. Then I put 4 coats of shellac over that. Then I cut out the pieces of the frame with the laser, and engraved/stained it the same way, and assembled it with brackets and screws on the back.

This was fun in that I used all my favorite art skills throughout the process: hand drawing, computer graphics editing, woodworking, & engraving.

Bedeekin

Very nice Stookie!!  :-)

Stookie_

Stookie_

Stookie_

personalreality

some self-portraits i did recently.

be awesome.

personalreality

another one.  this is my favorite.

be awesome.

Stookie_

Those are really good PR :). I like how you did the eyes, and the outline on your hair in the 2nd one.

I never really got into painting (without krylon ;) ), though I know I will at some point. The price of paint and supplies always drove me away.

Bedeekin

Here is one of my Faeries. Murvle

personalreality

Quote from: Stookie_ on August 30, 2012, 11:46:47
Those are really good PR :). I like how you did the eyes, and the outline on your hair in the 2nd one.

I never really got into painting (without krylon ;) ), though I know I will at some point. The price of paint and supplies always drove me away.

this is a secret, just between me and you.

i used to work at an arts & crafts supply store called A.C. MOORE, kind of like Michael's, though I think they have a much better art department than michael's.  I was the supervisor of the art department (the only management job I've ever had) because of my art experience and notoriety (I won first place in the Virginia State Art Fair for charcoal drawing, which is apparently a big deal because the Classroom/Workshop/Studio Director hired me because she recognized my name from the art fair). 

anyway, I wasn't a good employee.  Every single piece of my art supplies (except my canvases and gesso, which I make myself') I stole from A.C. MOORE.  Paint, brushes, palette paper, paint thinner, masking fluid, all kinds of oils and additives, etc., etc., etc.  I have literally thousands of dollars worth of painting supplies, every bit of which I stole.  So yea, I understand what you mean.  It's expensive.  But there's nothing like good old fashioned oil painting.  Though most painters I know have switched to acrylics because oil is just too high maintenance and expensive.  It really is tedious to set up and clean up oil paint.  Acrylic just takes a little water.  I still love oils though.  watercolors are fun too. 

you know, i would also recommend getting into charcoal.  it's an underused medium and it's really quite amazing once you get the hang of working with it.  just be prepared to get your fingers dirty.  nothing blends charcoal like fingers.
be awesome.

Stookie_

Quote from: personalreality on August 30, 2012, 20:40:35
this is a secret, just between me and you.

i used to work at an arts & crafts supply store called A.C. MOORE, kind of like Michael's, though I think they have a much better art department than michael's.  I was the supervisor of the art department (the only management job I've ever had) because of my art experience and notoriety (I won first place in the Virginia State Art Fair for charcoal drawing, which is apparently a big deal because the Classroom/Workshop/Studio Director hired me because she recognized my name from the art fair). 

anyway, I wasn't a good employee.  Every single piece of my art supplies (except my canvases and gesso, which I make myself') I stole from A.C. MOORE.  Paint, brushes, palette paper, paint thinner, masking fluid, all kinds of oils and additives, etc., etc., etc.  I have literally thousands of dollars worth of painting supplies, every bit of which I stole.  So yea, I understand what you mean.  It's expensive.  But there's nothing like good old fashioned oil painting.  Though most painters I know have switched to acrylics because oil is just too high maintenance and expensive.  It really is tedious to set up and clean up oil paint.  Acrylic just takes a little water.  I still love oils though.  watercolors are fun too.

Ha! I've known a few artists who did the same thing. They worked in art stores and got their supplies the same way.

Quoteyou know, i would also recommend getting into charcoal.  it's an underused medium and it's really quite amazing once you get the hang of working with it.  just be prepared to get your fingers dirty.  nothing blends charcoal like fingers.

That's not a bad idea at all. Getting dirty ain't no thang. Grease, oil, stain, & paint are normal parts of my life.

Quote from: Bedeekin on August 30, 2012, 16:01:59
Here is one of my Faeries. Murvle

That's creepily awesome Bedeekin :)

Bedeekin