News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Screen Names

Previous topic - Next topic

Links Shadow

My real internet alias is Link's Shadow, but since I could not sign up with an ' in my name I had to take it out.  I love to play video games mainly Nintendo games, and well one of my favorite games series is Zelda and the main character in those games is Link, so that gives you the first part of my name.  The I had to come up with something to go after it considering how many people around the world must have the screen name of Link, so I started thinking, "Hey, I have played everyone of the Zelda games and followed Link on every one of his adventures."  So I thought to myself what follows me Link where ever he goes other than me.  Then it hit me, his shadow.  Put that together and you get my name.  I am Link's Shadow.

James S

Lysear,

Yes, Lysaer had the powers of light, and his brother Asandir had the powers of shadow. I never read any of the series past Curse of Mistwraith. I figured if Janny Wurts couldn't get any further into the story than she did with one decent sized book, I wasn't going to attempt the others. Besides, when I finished reading it David Eddings' Redemption of Althalus became available to me and I forgot all about Mistwraith.

James.

P.S.
I don't think I'll bother explaining my screen name.[:)]

Squeek

I thought everybody would be all like "Whoa Squeek, that's a sweet explanation" or like "Nice COLORS Squeek!"  or at least "I love you Squeek"...  Geeeeeez...

~Squeek (Psychoticically SANE)

James S

Whoa Squeek, that's a sweet explanation!
And nice colours too!
And...
Forget it! Don't even go there!!![:P]

Lasher

quote:
Originally posted by Links Shadow

My real internet alias is Link's Shadow, but since I could not sign up with an ' in my name I had to take it out.  I love to play video games mainly Nintendo games, and well one of my favorite games series is Zelda and the main character in those games is Link, so that gives you the first part of my name.  The I had to come up with something to go after it considering how many people around the world must have the screen name of Link, so I started thinking, "Hey, I have played everyone of the Zelda games and followed Link on every one of his adventures."  So I thought to myself what follows me Link where ever he goes other than me.  Then it hit me, his shadow.  Put that together and you get my name.  I am Link's Shadow.

Oh, I see.
I thought you were a golf caddy.  [;)]

Lasher

WalkerInTheWoods

Oh wow, I have not been to this board in a long time. I did not expect to see a topic alive that I had actually posted to from the last time I was around.

Whoa Squeek, that's a sweet explanation and like nice colors. I love you, man!
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Lain

I'm one of those "anime freaks".  Not particularly a freak actually, I just happen to really like a few different series' here and there- not like I actually buy/dl every single thing out there and watch it ¬¬ This username comes from the series called "Serial Experiments Lain".  There's a character called Lain in there, the main character- who has "multiple hers".  Bah, confusing anime.  Too much to explain.  Anyway, a friend of mine mentioned how much I acted like both the original Lain and the "wired" Lain, and I guess it just caught on.  I seriously need a new alias though.  It tends to be annoying as a lot of people online like to have that username.  Feh.

Kodemaster

Hi guys,

I came up with this name back in 1992 when I was a big video game freak. I originally spelled it "Codemaster", after the video game company, but I thought it looked kinda plain, so I changed the C to a K.

Link's Shadow: Zelda rulez, doesn't it???? The last one I beat was Zelda 64 (Ocarina of Time), cuz the lack of funds in the Jeni department have prevented me from buying the new system. [:(]

I thought your name was a reference to the end boss of Zelda II. [;)]
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

Squeek

Thanks to the people that said I'm the coolest.  

Links - I thought it was about the shadow link in the Water Temple in Ocarina of time.  That was a hard boss.  He did whatever you did.

kodemaster - I thought yours was from an old magazine I used to read.  I guess not :D

I'm glad this topic was made :X

~Squeek

Hephaestus

Hephaestus is the great allpowerful almighty Greek God of Fire. Nuff said.

Tarconiss

Tarconiss, is one of the few names i came up with out of nowhere. It stuck to me, and i REALLY like the name... i have 3 other names that happen to come up with like that...

The first is Pendragans, wich is my aol name... it WAS supposed to be Pendragon, like.. King Arthur Pendragon.... But it didn't work when i tried to make the name Pendragon..... I eventually ended up with Pendragans..... and for some reason, THAT felt so much more in tune with me, than when i wanted Pendragon.... I've had that name for about 8 years now, and It will always be a part of me...

The next name is Theladius. That name i came up with a few years ago, while thinking for a new character name. It seemed to flow from me, and i had that same feeling of likeing it. Last year after my grandfather died, i helped carry the casket from the funeral home, to to herse, then from the herse to the concreted dug-out.... Only then did i see what his real name was. [He was Born in America i think, but his first language was Polish, and the american translation of his name was Tidus, but everyone called him by 'Teddy'; which is both my fathers name, and im his Jr.] I read on the Tombstone, 'Thadeus'.... When I first saw it, it hit me, and i was awe struck by how close, Theladius, and Thadeus, were...

This next one i dont associate much with, as a by-product of who i am.... but more of a name of a drawing i made, and used my own blood for the color of his eyes. "Dundar", i named him.... One of his main attributes was that he could speak and read ANY language that has existed, and will exist.

And as for an explanation on Tarconiss.... Well.. I used to have voices up to last summer..... One was male in voice and thought.... the other was female, in voice and thought..... it confused me, atpoints for obvious reasons, about my true self.... So i developed slight multiple personalities and mindsets.... Pendragans became one of them.... and another was Tarconiss... Two products of the good and experienced part of my essence.... The voices ended up developing conciousness's of thier own after the first 3 months of them starting..... and thats what led to my internal identity splits, because of haveing 3 objective thought patterns, being attached to my self..... Me... the other guy... and the female... I've stated thier names in a different thread.... but if anyone is interested, i'll talk about the 'voices' and the story they created through me.....

Of the names i have come up with.... This is a full name, of the names i've come across, and that i feel comfortable, associateing myself with being called this;  Tarconiss Theladius Pendragans.

Oh well... nice chunk of your life taken up, wouldn't you agree?... heh...

~ Me
If someone has the knowledge, and wants to do something, how far do you think they can go, if they lack the experience, and are unable to sustain the amount of effort needed to succeed?  ~ Self 2/25/2003

cainam_nazier

Squeek,

I am glade you like the topic....."I love you man."

Tarconiss,

That is very interesting how the name you picked was so close to your grandfathers.  I have had several different names myself but eah but has run it's course and was left behind.  I only use the one now.

One of the things I find interesting, but I don't know if many of you have done it, is looking up names that you have made up in a name dictionary to see if they mean anything.

http://www.behindthename.com

CAINAM was not found in this database. Names that sound similar to CAINAM:
CAINAN (m)   CANAN (f)   CAOIMHÍN (m)   CONAN (m)   KAIMANA (m)   KEENAN (m)   KENAN (m)   KENANIAH (m)   KENINA (f)   KENYON (m)  

CAINAN   m   Biblical
Variant of KENAN

KENAN   m   Biblical
Possibly means "possession" in Hebrew. He was a son of Enosh and a great-grandson of Adam in the Old Testament.
---------
NAZIER was not found in this database. Names that sound similar to NAZIER:
NASIR (m)   NASIRA (f)   NAZAIRE (m)   NAZARIO (m)   NIZAR (m)  

NASIR   m   Arabic
Means "helper" in Arabic.

NAZAIRE   m   French
French form of Nazarius (see NAZARIO).

NAZARIO   m   Italian, Spanish
Italian and Spanish form of the Late Latin name Nazarius, which meant "from Nazareth". Nazareth was the town in Galilee where Jesus lived.
------

Oddly using this progression a person could assume that Cainam Nazier could mean, a Helper belonging to Nazareth.

Squeek

SQUEEK was not found in this database. Names that sound similar to SQUEEK:
CHIKAKO (f)  

CHIKAKO   f   Japanese
Means "child of wisdom" in Japanese

That's right.  Genius up in here.  :D

~Squeek (CHIKAKO!!!)

Bad Moon Rising

Mine .... Bad Moon Rising is a  internet name I have used for years... also I like the song too. I  must have some bad karma debt cause it seems like doom (bad decisions I've made and keep on making)is always near...[:D]

I see a bad moon rising
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today
Don't go 'round tonight
It's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise.
I hear hurricanes a blowin'
I know the end is coming soon
I fear rivers overflowing
I hear the voice for rage and ruin.
Don't go 'round tonight
There's a bad moon on the rise.
Hope you got your things together
Hope you are quite prepared to die
Looks like we're in for nasty weather
One eye is taken for an eye.
Don't go 'round tonight
There's a bad moon on the rise

YEEeeeeeeeeee HAAaaaaaaaaaaaa
Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

There is a difference in knowing the path and walking the path.-

zeer

AGHH all the words closest to zeer meant blossoming flower, dawn, and beautiful.

i just made up the name and i did not mean for it to happen that way....seriously

My AIM sn is FmOaOnT5ball3-football man 53

I luv football and my first football number ever was 53

zeer

I downloaded that song bad moon rising,

its an ok song but im a fan of different stuff

Tarconiss

In just about EVERY scenario of Tarconiss, it relates to a ruler or some sort of equivilent....

On Tarconiss:

TARCONISS was not found in this database. Names that sound similar to TARCONISS:
TARQUIN (m)   TERESINHA (f)   TEREZINHA (f)   TRAJAN (m)   TRIJNTJE (f)  

TARQUIN   m   English
Pronounced: TAR-kwin
From the Roman name Tarquinius which is of unknown meaning, possibly Etruscan in origin. This was the name of two early kings of Rome.

TERESINHA   f   Portuguese
Portuguese pet form of THERESA

THERESA   f   English
Pronounced: te-RAY-sa, te-REE-sa
From the Spanish and Portuguese name Teresa. The meaning is uncertain, but it could be derived from Greek theros "summer", from Greek therizein "to harvest", or from the name of the Greek island of Thera (the main island of Santorini). A famous bearer was Maria Theresa, an Austrian Habsburg queen of the 18th century. She inherited the domains of her father, Charles VI, the Holy Roman Emperor, which began the War of the Austrian Succession.

TEREZINHA   f   Portuguese
Portuguese pet form of THERESA

TRAJAN   m   History
Pronounced: TRAY-jan
From the Roman cognomen Trajanus, which is of unknown meaning. The Roman emperor Trajan (full name Marcus Ulpius Trajanus) is considered among the most capable men to have led the Empire. His military accomplishments include victories over Dacia and Parthia.

TRIJNTJE   f   Dutch
Dutch pet form of KATRIJN

KATRIJN   f   Dutch
Dutch form of KATHERINE

KATHERINE   f   English
Pronounced: KATH-u-rin, KATH-rin
From the Greek name Aikaterine. The etymology is debated: it could derive from the earlier Greek name Hekaterine, which came from hekateros "each of the two"; it could derive from the name of the goddess HECATE; it could be related to Greek aikia "torture"; or it could be from a Coptic name meaning "my consecration of your name". The Romans falsely derived it from Greek katharos "pure" and changed their spelling from Katerina to Katharina to reflect this. The name belonged to a 4th-century saint and martyr from Alexandria who was tortured on the famous Catherine wheel. This name was also borne by two empresses of Russia, including Catherine the Great, and by three of Henry VIII's wives.

For Theladius:

THELADIUS was not found in this database

[and sadly no relating names.... ]

For Pendragans:

PENDRAGANS was not found in this database. Names that sound similar to PENDRAGANS:
PANDORA (f)   PANTHER (m)   PANTHERAS (m)  

PANDORA   f   Greek Mythology
Pronounced: pan-DOR-a
Means "all gifts", derived from a combination of Greek pan "all" and doron "gift". In Greek mythology Pandora was the first mortal woman. Zeus gave her a box containing all of the troubles and ills that mankind now knows, and told her not to open it. Unfortunately her curiosity got the best of her and she opened it, unleashing the evil spirits into the world.

PANTHER   m   Judeo-Christian Legend
Ancient Greek name meaning "panther" (which is ultimately derived from the Greek elements pan "all" and theran "to hunt").

PANTHERAS   m   Greek
Modern Greek form of PANTHER

All in all... interesting....... oh well.... a little time in the Akashic records will help me out.... i just need to learn to porject now.... heh heh heh
If someone has the knowledge, and wants to do something, how far do you think they can go, if they lack the experience, and are unable to sustain the amount of effort needed to succeed?  ~ Self 2/25/2003

cainam_nazier

So I was wondering were some of you get your screen names?
For instance, Inguma, Tir13, Distant Bell, Blue Light Mystic, kifyre and the list continues.

Me personally there are two parts.

Cainam (pronounced cain-am) or I used to write it this way, cainaM.  Any way, it is Maniac backwards.  When I was in highschool I played football (american football for all you people who call Soccer, football. And yes I know we are the wierd ones.)  A couple of the guys were really big on having nicknames and one of them started calling me Maniac.  But it did not fit very well.  This being because I was not a maniac on the field but rather I was calm, I had some what of a plotted evil to me. (I only cheated a little, and only got caught once.)  Since I was not the raving lunatic that the name suggested they started calling the Cainam.  Which was a way saying I was just as crazy but with a more diabolical intelligence.
I then almost pulled Nazier out of the air.  (Pronouced with a long "z". not a "ts" sound.)  I had not heard the name prior and it sounded good, so I put thm together.  But you have know idea how many people use cainam and nazier for handles.  But I have not run accross any other cainam_nazier's.

Cainam Nazier, There is a method to my madness.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com