Phasing: Subjective, Objective?

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldanen

Hi there everyone,

I've recently been exploring out of body experiences, astral projection, et al., and I came across this site.  And then the idea of phasing.  It seems like a simple base idea to me, just switching a person's focus.  One thing I haven't understood yet is whether this is generally regarded as subjective, or objective?  When phasing, I've read that you're turning your attention inward.  Within the concept of phasing, are you tuning yourself into anything objective, or where you can interact with other people?  My ideas up to this point was that there's the physical, etheric, astral, etc.    Is it possible to phase into the "etheric" plane?   :?

Eldanen

Edit, with more questions:

So would it be possible to phase into what is commonly called traditionally the etheric plane, or real time zone, from wherever you are?  Or possibly what others call the astral plane, where you can interact with others?  Am I getting all this right? :P

I've also read on one website, Erin Pavlina's blog, that she managed astral projection through lucid dreaming.  This seems like somewhat of a mirror to me of what I've read here....  ?.?

kiwibonga

Well, the concept of inward and outward in itself is subjective... Truth is, when you "turn inward" you also phase outward from your point of reference, which is physical consciousness...

The definition of phasing is also conflicted... Frank Kepple writes that when you phase, you don't actually exit the body, you phase into other areas of your consciousness, or other dimensions... But from phasing, it's possible to reach what the mystics call the "etheric" or the real time zone... And from there you can have the traditional out of body experience that you read about in books...

The relationship between lucid dreaming and phasing is indeed pretty strong... Once again it's not so much a technical difference, just a matter of beliefs and terminology... People who lucid dream have a tendency to reject the idea that there could be more to their experiences than what is scientifically plausible, wherehas adepts of phasing see their practice as a psychic skill. But essentially, there is no difference between a WILD (wake-induced lucid dreaming) technique and a phasing technique... In both cases, you shift consciousness away from your physical point of reference and find yourself
"somewhere else."

The big question remains -- how come some people experience "supernatural" things while others are having just "mere dreams" that they can control? In these experiences, there's always a big subjective, subconscious part of you that'll be pulling the strings... Mystics have come up with a variety of techniques to induce "real" experiences; they'll work on clearing the mind so that they don't get influenced by their physical thoughts, or they'll raise energy to improve their lucidity and focus. But even then, we don't really have an answer... All we know is having an unusual experience is not so difficult compared to having a "true objective" experience...
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

Stookie

To add to what Kiwi said, Frank also mentioned that when phasing, the idea was to imagine to the point your awareness is in a self-created environment, in "F2", which is a subjective area of consciousness. The point isn't necessarily to reach a subjective consciousness, but use it as a launching pad to reach other, more objective states of consciousness.

Eldanen

Wow.  Thanks for your responses xD.  This really cleared things up for me.

The difference between phasing and lucid dreaming I think in practice might be that when you lucid dream (not wild), you actually purpose to sleep first, then realize, "this is a dream."  In phasing, you go straight through.

CFTraveler

Just to add to what everyone else said, one of the premises of phasing (and one of the premises I subscribe to, lol) is that you already are everywhere you can be- it's your perception that's localized.  So when you phase (or OBE, IMO) what shifts is your perception of spacetime- your conscious awareness.  So the question whether there is an exit or not is subjective in itself, because it's based on perception.

Eldanen

Awesome, yes.  I agree, CFTraveler.  I think I have some experience with phasing, as with my OBE practice I've tried a lot to hover "on the edge of consciousness."  I've had a lot of the hearing eerie voices thing, and conversations beginning to be played out in my head.  Recently, I had some hypnagogic imagery, and a scene was being played out.  I didn't want to enter that one, though, ha.  I've been using a CES device that has a mode on it that is good for getting one into Focus 10, I believe.  7.83 Hz.  Anyone ever heard of Sota Instruments?  Ever since I used the thing, I've been able to remember 2-3 dreams nearly every night, without practice, without journaling.  So I must be getting somewhere close to an "OBE" right?

CFTraveler

Pretty much.  If you are looking at a scene and are deciding whether you'll enter it or not, IMO you've projected, it's just that you haven't exited yet.  So you're more than on the edge.
The CES, is that a type of binaural beats/hemispheric synchronization system?

Eldanen

Well, instead of sending sounds into a brain, this is a more... direct system.  It actually sends electrical pulses into the brain through little clips that go on the earlobes.  And the pulses are on certain frequencies.

Ben K

Quote from: Eldanen on December 27, 2007, 06:51:44
Hi there everyone,

I've recently been exploring out of body experiences, astral projection, et al., and I came across this site.  And then the idea of phasing.  It seems like a simple base idea to me, just switching a person's focus.  One thing I haven't understood yet is whether this is generally regarded as subjective, or objective?  When phasing, I've read that you're turning your attention inward.  Within the concept of phasing, are you tuning yourself into anything objective, or where you can interact with other people?  My ideas up to this point was that there's the physical, etheric, astral, etc.    Is it possible to phase into the "etheric" plane?   :?
My understanding is that phasing can be either subjective or objective depending on what your intent is as well as your overall state of mind and ability to control yourself in the lucid/oobe state. It also depends on what your personal definition of subjective and objective is. Waking life could be considered as subjective insomuch as it is the results of your personal associations, beliefs, expectations, and other influences that decide what you experience. it includes objective imagery and "things" but so do lucid dreams and OOBEs. So personally my opinion is that everything is a subjective state in one way or another, and any divisions between such states are just divisions we create for categorization and objectification. You can interact with other people just as you can in waking life, but thats not to say they will remember the experience or hold any objective memory at least. Its difficult to draw the line between real and not real but from my experience i can suggest that doing away with the line altogether will fetch you the "best" results.

gl Eldanen :)
QuoteSo would it be possible to phase into what is commonly called traditionally the etheric plane, or real time zone, from wherever you are?  Or possibly what others call the astral plane, where you can interact with others?  Am I getting all this right? :P

I've also read on one website, Erin Pavlina's blog, that she managed astral projection through lucid dreaming.  This seems like somewhat of a mirror to me of what I've read here....  ?.?
You can, in actuality, move your attention from any area of consciousness to any other area of consciousness under any condition. But like a muscle that needs exercising, you cant expect to fetch these results when you start out just like you can expect to run a 3 minute mile when you start running. advanced maneuvers require advanced techniques, in my opinion.

I personally dont like all the talk of "etheric planes" and "astral planes" and "real time zones" and all this other stuff. I find that when you just let the experience happen and then try to find your individual meaning, why you experienced it and what meaning you will extract from it, you have a much better system of benchmarking yourself and your abilities. Especially when just starting out, all sorts of weird stuff can happen that alot of people try to catagorize and explain, but cannot be explained.

In truth there are probably an infinity number of planes and zones and areas that exist, and its up to your energy and intent in the moment which of these your attention moves to. Nothing happens "to you" in other words, you CREATE the experience as you create a mental picture in your head or as you create a thought in your head. Same principle on a much larger scale.

my personal perspective :)
ben
EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEDGE