News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Meditation into projection

Previous topic - Next topic

Firmitas

Hi guys,

So I was meditating last night in a kind of half lotus position. I had this mantra kind of going off in my head so I decided to chant it (in my head) while meditating with very light, slow breathing. After a while of doing this I kind of got the urge to focus on levitating my body up. By this point my 3rd eye and crown chakra were pulsating like crazy. I just go along with it, since I'm used to it. I start visualizing my other chakras lighting up though and I feel a little bit of a spark in each one of them. Now at this point I realized that I was starting to enter paralysis which got me super excited since, I have never reached that point through upwards sitting meditation.
After this I start to hear a monotoned ringing (not like the inner ear ringing but the pre-projection ringing) followed by a different tone every now and then that harmonized with the first ringing. Then I started to hear voices again. This always seems to happen to me right before actually projecting. As if my consciousness is somewhere else and Im slowly changing consciousness and I can hear everyone around me. Usually its a girls voice that I hear though.

In any case, I never was able to fully project. I think its because I was getting distracted by all that was going on (my solar plexus chakra was pounding off the charts as usual).
If anyone has any advice on how to break past where I'm at, I'd love it.

Thanks,
-Firmitas

Astral316

You seem more advanced than myself with attaining deep trance but my advice is.. you have to get used to the bombardment of sensory input enough to ignore it. That will come from experience in reaching this stage. It also wouldn't hurt to meditate in environments that may be noisy.

Xanth

Hey Firmitas,

I'm with Astral316, you're well on your way!
What I'm currently doing is working towards the "Point of Consciousness" state... which, in essence is existing within the Void.
You want to remove all physical awareness and senses until you're nothing but a single point of consciousness floating in the vast emptiness of the void.

You're doing well so far!  :)

personalreality

i totally echo the sentiment of the others.

i think that a commonly overlooked fact is that people who are impeccable meditators can project fairly easily, it just requires a particular focus of attention.  i think you're already quite ahead of most of us in that regard.
be awesome.

Firmitas

Thanks guys. I agree, I'm sure that once I reach this point more often I wont think so much of it and I can enter the void.

Xanth: You're talking about phasing out right?

-Firmitas

Firmitas

Oh also, does anyone have any thoughts on the ringing and the girl's voice? I think I mentioned them in my original post

-Firmitas

Stookie

I think a lot of proficient meditators choose not to project - it's not their goal. Or they find something that makes projection not very important. Some Buddhists advise not getting caught up in the astral as it can keep you from finding liberation.

Quote from: Xanth on April 05, 2011, 10:05:24
What I'm currently doing is working towards the "Point of Consciousness" state... which, in essence is existing within the Void.
You want to remove all physical awareness and senses until you're nothing but a single point of consciousness floating in the vast emptiness of the void.

You can't work towards it. If you're meditating, you're not going to find it. You have to stop... everything. Including the world around you. It's the easiest thing that you can possibly do, yet the most illusive thing to find. Eastern proverb kind of stuff.

It's weird you bring this up, because it's completely different from most everything you've ever said regarding projection. It's transcendental. And a bit refreshing.

Pauli2

Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Xanth

For the most part, it's exactly what Frank always talked about... but never knew he was talking about it.
And I didn't realize it either until I actually began to read more, open my horizons more and actually considered it myself.

The process of Phasing = Transcendental Meditation.

But everyone needs to call it whatever is most comfortable for them.  For me it's the PoC State now.  :)

NickisDank

Why would people not choose to go into the astral if their mediating. I don't get that, stookie

Xanth

Quote from: NickisDank on April 05, 2011, 20:11:56
Why would people not choose to go into the astral if their mediating. I don't get that, stookie
Because non physical exploration is really only a small segment of the big picture.
The big picture being improving yourself spiritually.  You're in this physical reality, in my opinion, to do just that... sure, the non-physical *can* assist in learning about all this, but this physical reality is a much better teacher for spiritual growth.  That's why you're here.

Jarrod

QuoteI think a lot of proficient meditators choose not to project - it's not their goal. Or they find something that makes projection not very important. Some Buddhists advise not getting caught up in the astral as it can keep you from finding liberation.

I had a yoga teacher who offhandedly mentioned "if you find yourself distracted by the Spirit World just gently bring yourself back to the meditation."  I think I was probably the only one in the class who caught the significance of that and I thought "What!!!???  It's that easy for some people!?"  Later she told me that most of her dreams are lucid and that she just spends them meditating.  People like that's focus on meditation is probably why spiritual experiences come so naturally to them but they just don't really care.  Haha.  It's maddening. 

Stookie

Quote from: Xanth on April 05, 2011, 19:29:06
For the most part, it's exactly what Frank always talked about... but never knew he was talking about it.
And I didn't realize it either until I actually began to read more, open my horizons more and actually considered it myself.

But everyone needs to call it whatever is most comfortable for them.  For me it's the PoC State now.  :)

I disagree about phasing being the same as TM. They both have completely different intentions behind them. If you want to phase, TM is not the way to go. And if you want to be "one with the universe", phasing is a distraction. Frank gathered some transcendental ideas, mostly related to F4, but he resisted everything related to TM, and I gather he never came to that sublime state. It was too mystical. Both in ideas and methods. He did not like the idea of trying to stop your thinking and found it unnecessary, probably because he was only trying to phase. And that's fine - this site is primarily about the astral anyways.

Stookie

Quote from: NickisDank on April 05, 2011, 20:11:56

There's more than the astral

bluremi

Quote from: Xanth on April 05, 2011, 19:29:06

But everyone needs to call it whatever is most comfortable for them.  For me it's the PoC State now.  :)

I agree that Frank's highest focus level was just him reaching the deeper levels of meditation. His F4 sounds like ego death, the absence of the sense of duality, what you're supposed to get when you observe yourself long enough to reject everything that gives you the illusion of individuality.

That said, there's many different kinds of meditation, they can broadly be said to be striving towards the same thing. Transcendental Meditation can probably be exchanged for vipassana (mindfulness) meditation, yoga, etc...

Stookie

Frank seemed to reject the idea of ego death too. He never made mention of ego, and his experiences in F4 sound like more of a merging of ego with archetypal concepts. When he left, F4 was still fairly new to him and he felt he needed more experience with it to say anything more about it. That doesn't sound very transcendental, because if it were he would have transcended any need to. What more can be learned about a total merging with the entire cosmos? I believe this is where Frank's F4 falls short. And maybe even a possible distraction the Buddhists warn of.

I can't say for sure, only Frank knows what he experienced. But I do know that he adamantly rejected many ideas behind TM. Was he right, or did it hold him back? I don't have a clue.

Xanth

Quote from: Stookie on April 06, 2011, 12:04:27
I disagree about phasing being the same as TM. They both have completely different intentions behind them. If you want to phase, TM is not the way to go. And if you want to be "one with the universe", phasing is a distraction. Frank gathered some transcendental ideas, mostly related to F4, but he resisted everything related to TM, and I gather he never came to that sublime state. It was too mystical. Both in ideas and methods. He did not like the idea of trying to stop your thinking and found it unnecessary, probably because he was only trying to phase. And that's fine - this site is primarily about the astral anyways.
From my experience, the goals are one in the same.  They're both about quieting the mind and becoming one, not really with the universe but with your own consciousness (which, I guess could just be semantics rearing it ugly head again LoL).  One can meditate into the "Point of Consciousness" (PoC) state by removing all notions of physical awareness and senses... or in other words, Phase into the Void. 

I see them as metaphors describing the same process.  Several tools with different names that all help you to focus your Intent... in the end, that's all meditation is: A tool to help you focus your Intent.  I whole-heartedly believe that learning to achieve the PoC state through meditation is the most direct route to non-physical exploration.  And even further than that, it's your direct route to self exploration.  That, in my opinion, is really the larger picture... learning more about yourself.

As for the idea of what Focus 4 is... I guess I really can't talk from experience on that one.  LoL

Stookie

Ohhhhhhh... we're not on the same page.

So where does this "PoC" exist? Do you call it that because it doesn't fit into the "F" model of things? Don't you think it would have been brought up as being important before this?

QuoteI whole-heartedly believe that learning to achieve the PoC state through meditation is the most direct route to non-physical exploration.

But you've whole-heartedly believed a lot of stuff in the past that this "PoC" thing negates. I'd save "whole-heartedly" until you're really really whole-heartedly sure.

bluremi

Stookie it sounds like you're trying to fit everything into a single framework. Applying terminology to everything can be misleading. The concept of narrowing your focus until your consciousness occupies a single point is a pretty standard experience in meditation. Monroe's "Focus 10" is the exact same thing. If you read that long article describing the sensations of Focus 10 they describe this state explicitly. Many people are probably familiar with it but they give it different names and oscillate between describing it as a real location or a state of consciousness...

Maybe it's more helpful to think about things in terms of how they appear to a person through subjective experience, rather than trying to slot them into a unifying theory of reality. The more I think about it this way the simpler it gets.

Xanth

Quote from: Stookie on April 06, 2011, 14:29:23
Ohhhhhhh... we're not on the same page.

So where does this "PoC" exist? Do you call it that because it doesn't fit into the "F" model of things? Don't you think it would have been brought up as being important before this?

But you've whole-heartedly believed a lot of stuff in the past that this "PoC" thing negates. I'd save "whole-heartedly" until you're really really whole-heartedly sure.
PoC = Void = Focus 21 = 3D Blackness = Focus Zero
At least, that's how I see it.  All just metaphors for the same thing.  All semantics.  All just a way of describing the same thing.

In the end, it's all just "YOU" and "YOURSELF".  I'd say that's the end goal too... but then, that's not really the end goal, it's more the starting point.

Stookie

It's not semantics, as FZ is not what I was talking about. Your new terminology threw me off. Same old discussion, new words. You're even making it sound a bit mystical now. That's why I was surprised, but I misunderstood.

Quote from: bluremi on April 06, 2011, 15:21:05
Stookie it sounds like you're trying to fit everything into a single framework. Applying terminology to everything can be misleading. The concept of narrowing your focus until your consciousness occupies a single point is a pretty standard experience in meditation. Monroe's "Focus 10" is the exact same thing. If you read that long article describing the sensations of Focus 10 they describe this state explicitly. Many people are probably familiar with it but they give it different names and oscillate between describing it as a real location or a state of consciousness...

Maybe it's more helpful to think about things in terms of how they appear to a person through subjective experience, rather than trying to slot them into a unifying theory of reality. The more I think about it this way the simpler it gets.

For me, everything is very very simple. Tao simple. At first I thought that's where Xanth was taking it. Really, it's this type of terminology that makes the world seem complicated when it's not.

Where I thought we were going: everything is consciousness, all else is illusory emanation of consciousness, including physical, astral, ego/self. Experience that and there is nothing else to do. Tao.

Astral316

My opinion.. it's a bad idea introducing an extremely ambiguous term to describe a concept that's already identified by mystic/eastern and Monroe terminology. I too was confused by "point of consciousness" which can mean anything from one's perspective in the astral to a Focus 4 experience. I'm all for seeing the forest for the trees, but people come here looking for clear information from which they can build their own skepticism off of. If I was confused by this new (presumingly Campbell's) terminology I'd feel sorry for anyone coming here attempting to grasp all of it. The less and more clear the terminology is out there, the faster an "astral newb" can venture into this subject with a more intuitive spirit. Again, just my opinion.

bluremi

Sometimes a subject is very simple but hard to grasp. There's no substitute for legwork.

Astral316

Legwork isn't avoidable but unnecessary confusion is.

Xanth

Quote from: Astral316 on April 06, 2011, 17:39:12
My opinion.. it's a bad idea introducing an extremely ambiguous term to describe a concept that's already identified by mystic/eastern and Monroe terminology. I too was confused by "point of consciousness" which can mean anything from one's perspective in the astral to a Focus 4 experience. I'm all for seeing the forest for the trees, but people come here looking for clear information from which they can build their own skepticism off of. If I was confused by this new (presumingly Campbell's) terminology I'd feel sorry for anyone coming here attempting to grasp all of it. The less and more clear the terminology is out there, the faster an "astral newb" can venture into this subject with a more intuitive spirit. Again, just my opinion.
I guess that really does reinforce the idea that one has to come to their own truths.  :)