physical sight and astral sight at the same time?

Previous topic - Next topic

rimme

Is it possible to use your astral sight while using your physical eyes? Is it possible it use astral sight without astral traveling, say when you close your eyes?

Everyones insight and experience would be appreciated.

Selski

Hi rimme

To answer your first question - I don't know for certain, but each time I've opened what I thought were my astral eyes, and inadvertently opened my physical eyes, I was instantly back in the physical.  

However, in one of my very early OBEs (my second one I think), once I'd opened my physical eyes, I could see a shimmery haze about 6 inches away from my vision.  It was face-shaped and I wondered whether it might be my astral face looking at my physical face, although I was looking at it through my physical eyes  :eyecrazy:   If you understand all that, let me know, cause it sure is confusing to me...  :wink:

I know it's possible to see through your closed eyelids.  Which sort of means using your physical eyes.  It takes a few goes to realise that your eyes are closed, but once you do, it's like, "woah!  I can see and I don't need my eyes, this is too groovy!"  which normally puts you in such an excited state, that you are instantly back in the physical... :roll:

As to the second question - yes.  I have been astral many times without actually going anywhere, just content to be housed in my physical body watching the images go by and listening to non-physical sounds.  Perhaps gently swaying if the mood takes me.  :smile:

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Cereal-N-Milk

One night I remeber that I could see like clearly through my closed eyes, I opened them because I thought I was out of my physical, but I just opened my physical eyes, so i closed them and I could still see through them it was cool.

Ben K

what is "astral sight"?

people on these forums dont realize that not everyone shares the same whacky choice of beliefs.

Theres no such thing as astral sight, or "physical sight". Only sight. only the action of "seeing"

OK, sorry about that. I just had to correct that belief.
EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEDGE

Tayesin

Physical eyes respond to light emitted between particular frequencies.  Seeing beyond those frequencies can be done with the physical eyes also. There are some people recorded in scientific journals from the 30's who could easily see much higher frequencies than is normal for us.

As a psychic, I find it possible to see with the physical eyes what is in the physical and also see beyond that with another 'eye'.  I do think this 'eye' is the brow chakra.  Most times, for clarity, i keep my physical eyes closed and see with the third eye.  These days I see with all of them when doing the work.

Just want to share this with you...  when I went back to meditation practice after a few years away from it, I found that if I opened my eyes as soon as I felt my awareness re-enter the physical, i could see a large glowing ball in front of me.  It turned out to be my Siamese cat sitting on my lap soaking up the enrgies !

Selski

Quote from: Ben Kwhat is "astral sight"?

people on these forums dont realize that not everyone shares the same whacky choice of beliefs.

Theres no such thing as astral sight, or "physical sight". Only sight. only the action of "seeing"

OK, sorry about that. I just had to correct that belief.

Hi Ben

Wacky choice of beliefs?  Hang on a minute – we are using terminology to describe something that is quite difficult to describe – sight without physical eyes.  

OK, as you say, we could just simply use the word "seeing", but that's not very descriptive and would be misleading at times.  It wouldn't fully describe the sensations we feel.

I used the word 'astral' because the original poster did.  He/she obviously knew what he/she meant, and so did I, so we communicated at a level that we both understood.  I would hasten to add that the majority of members of this website would have some understanding of what "astral sight" actually means.

Moving on, this is something you might want to think about.

You say,

Quote from: Ben K"Theres no such thing as astral sight, or "physical sight". Only sight. only the action of "seeing" OK, sorry about that. I just had to correct that belief."

And in another thread you also say,

Quote from: Ben K"We CREATE OUR OWN REALITY! That means anything YOU believe to be true, is true, and anything you DONT believe to be true, isnt!

Firstly, how can YOU correct someone else's belief?  According to your second statement, their belief is their reality, and therefore their truth.  Who are you to come along with your reality and shove it down someone else's throat?  That's just as bad as having someone else's religion shoved down your throat.

I totally go along with your second quote.  I've set a semi-permanent tent in the "you create you own reality" camp.  So basically, I agree with you.  

But when I see you touting your reality as if it's the only reality that is 'real', then I have to step in.  Everyone else's reality is just as valid as yours.  In fact, their reality is more real than yours, because it belongs to them.

There is no such thing as ONE truth, or ONE reality.  There are billions of truths and billions of realities, each belonging to every one of us.  And all are just as 'true' and 'real' as the next persons.

That's my opinion anyway.  

I'm not having at go at you, just perhaps explaining how you can come across at times.   :smile:  

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

UnnamedGuy

A few weeks ago during one of my meditations i had an almost OOBE exit, where I felt myself being pulled down my body and bed, as if i was lying on a blanket someone was pulling from the other end of the bed, until i got to the edge and felt myself fall. I stopped, and could relatively feel myself at the position of the floor at the end of my bed.

I couldn't see anything though, and actually(to my regret and annoyance at myself)opened my eyes to try to see. This made me open my physical eyes and I was right back in bed where I started looking up at the ceiling.

The interesting part of this though is I wear a sleeping mask to sleep, so even if my eyes had opened all I would have seen was black, and this wasn't just seeing it was crystal clear, better then my sight normally(i wear glasses). Even more strange is I also had a blue haze sort of overlapping my vision of another vision, from the eyes of myself laying on the floor at the end of the bed. This lasted only a second or two then just faded away, and pretty soon after that I fell asleep.