My first Out of Body experience! short but amazing

Previous topic - Next topic

untermenschen

Well, it happened and i hope this is only the beginning of more to come.

Saturday afternoon, just come back from voting (recent national election here in Australia), i had been reading a fantastic short essay by the late enochian magician, Benjamin Rowe, 'A short course on Scrying' and wanted to simply work on visualising an inner temple. I meditated for about an hour seated - well i did my best too, and then i decided to lay down on my bed - still around 3pm. wore loose clothing, and played an isochronic beat that i got from this website if anyones interest unexplainable.net. Anyway, this is the first time ive had success with the add tones, as usually i just fall asleep and thats it.
This time i awoke soon after from this nap and sure enough, my body was cold and numb and immobile. This has happened on occasion in my life but usually i am so overcome with fear that i do all that i can to wrench myself back into wakefulness. This was different as i had read that i just need to wait it out, and so i alowed the paralysis to continue and that's why i started to hear a pleasant kind of singing or tune humming occurring - it was very distinct, like the dulcet singing or la la la ing that a mother might make while bathing her child. I have a housemate who sings in the bath audibly, i thought it was her, but she was at this time, hundreds of miles away in another town.
I thought the paralysis had passed and i had missed the opportunity to try and go OBE, - it was amazing that i had so much consciousness  of it all at the time. I got up but then found i was was still in my bed, so  got up again but still then eyes opened and still in bed, ii realise i was stil in paralysis and each attempt to get up and what felt to be as though i was actually getting up , was only me still finding myself in my bed. I had willon the final attempt, i realise i can leave my body this way, i got up and walked around my bed, - well my etheric projeciton of me did, my vision was intermittent

but i knew i was out i was seeing but not with eyes and i did what i had always wanted to do as my first astral movement - go straight through the wall of my 3rd storey room and onto the street. I did this and could not believe i was going to just go through the wall, - i felt it so near, the wall. - tehre was a sense of alot of red. and briefly i was looking at my room from a ceiling point of view.
Once i went outside another thing i noted so strongly was the feeling of sunlight andtthis i could in my body back in my room. i was feeling so cold before the projeciton and then outside in the sun, even though it was a cold winter day, in the sun a warmth came upon me but not upon skin, rather as though the sun went straight through to tto something inside me and was now wamring me centrally . At this point i descended and felt myself to be in a frog like crounching position before my front door, by now i had lost my vision of thins but could still feel the warm and still knoew exactly where i was. i floted under the earth now and it was the only thing i could think  of trying out. In the ground i found i could move easily - like swimming in water. but like losing phone reception iseemed to lose the projeciton and woke back in my body, although the experience was not finished.

Apart from the distinct experience of being conscious of ones surrounds yet not having a body, another telling occurence which makes this utterly unlike every dream and lucid dream i have ever had, was that my brow chakra and my root chakra and sexual chakra were firing and alive with energy, i was actually frightened. I felt as though i was inebriated yet alcohol and certainly no drugs had anything to do with ths. MY body felt this way for a day afterwards, only on the following night when i tried anothe raudio visualisation of an archangel gabriel in the west. did it all sto - any realy suddenly like the energy was this crakcling magnnetic river that started flowing out of me and into the west, i had a brief vision of a temple over water, but then it all came back into me, the at least i think it did, i may have just stoped and what was left of this energy contracted back into me. This is as best as i can describe it. I didnt have to try and force or embellish any of this, the current of energy felt like a strong magnet.

Since this time i have hadmy brow chaka feel like heavy lead at times and the energy feels different in my body too. i am unsure as to why and what i should do next. this astral experience happened a couple of weeks ago,  i would have posted earlier but the forum was not accessible it seemed.

cheers

Stookie

That was very interesting to read - you really grabbed the details. Thanks for sharing untermenschen!

untermenschen

sorry about spelling errors, as i was writing the window in which i was writing would not scroll down as i wrote on and so for much of it i could not see or check the spelling - i should have used the spell check though, sorry.

I would really like to understand what has happened to me since then too, as prior to the projection when i would meditate i would have that feeling like a magnetic pull trying to pull me forward while i sat still - i likened the feeling to being an egg on a frying pan suck to the pan while some force wedges a spatula between me and the pan and attempts to lift me from it. This was a distinct feeling.

Now however, the feeling does not lift me forward but energy seems to drift off behind me - in me it is moving in the opposite direction! i don't know what this means - and it is really demanding that i trying and get my head around something even bigger than i could previously comprehend about the relation of my spirit to the physical and aetherics worlds. please if anyone can relate to this or direct me as to what resources i should look at , this would be greatly appreciated

Cheers!

Greytraveller

Hallo untermenschen

Yes, congrats on the OBE, especially if it was your first. Don't be too put off by the poor vision and confusion that you experienced. For some reason those conditions seem to be Very common with inexperienced projectors. Although even experienced OBEers do sometimes have those problems they Do tend to go away (or at least are not as severe) after a few OBEs.

Thanx for sharing  8-)
Grey