just had 3rd obe this morning. was almost exactly like my 2nd. many questions

Previous topic - Next topic

psychonaut

I slept on the carpet of my living room from 9:00 pm - 12:30 am. I then woke up and ate a meal consisting of ground buffalo, pasta, curry rice, and greens. I went back to bed at 5:30ish am.

As i was falling aleep i heard elf laughter in my head. Then the laughter morphed into a whuw whuw whuw whuw whuw whuw sound, like air whisping by, which lasted throughout the whole experience, at a constant speed, about 150 times a minute. My conscious mind anticipated an out of body experience.

My body was numb and I expected to just float out but I couldn't. Then I thought, I'll just stay still and see what happens. I then started to see very very faint blue/white outlines of what I may have been my bedroom while I had the slight sensation of floating, but it was dark inside my room. I never really felt like I was all the way out though. I was constantly gibbering in my mind about what I was experiencing, what I should do, where I might go etc. And I felt like quieting my mind would help me go further.

I felt like if I moved at all I would come back to the physical entirely, but because my vision was poor, I tried to physically open my eyes, which just brought me back into my head but the whuw sound was still going. I noticed my bed was moving strangely, like it was breathing, which kind of freaked me out so I jumped up out of bed.

I've experienced all this before in my second OBE: http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_experiences/my_2nd_ap_techno_sounds_in_my_head_and_a_portal_to_hell_ha-t24201.0.html;msg203511#msg203511

In fact, the experiences are very similar and completely opposite from my first, in which I had full clarity of vision, hearing, and even touch.

Questions -
How do you guys see when you have an exit of the body? Do you just see without thinking about it? 

Is it better to quiet your mind? How do you keep your mind from going off during the experience?  Should I just observe what is happening without even thinking about it? How do you stay calm and unafraid during the experience?

Do you ever hear strange sounds in your head while exiting or out? Were these "the vibrations"? Should I have done a roll out method or something in order to get out more efficiently? What about the feeling of the bed breathing after I opened my eyes and returned? Was this an entity of some kind?

Am I doing something wrong? Why are my last two OBEs so similar? Was this an etheric projection and not a RTZ?

I'm sure I will learn the answers to my questions in time, but any help and advice would be extremely appreciated here. I'm going to read some permanent topics now.

Thank you,
psychonaut
my brains are scrambled. my head's an egg.

Novice

QuoteQuestions -
How do you guys see when you have an exit of the body? Do you just see without thinking about it? 

It depends on the quality of the OBE. Oftentimes I see just fine -- no thought needed. Occasionally if my awareness is low, then not only does my vision go fuzzy or sometimes completley black -- like I'm blind, but I also get a lot of dream overlay/distortions occuring.

QuoteIs it better to quiet your mind? How do you keep your mind from going off during the experience?  Should I just observe what is happening without even thinking about it? How do you stay calm and unafraid during the experience?

In my opinion, it is always better to experience and observe instead of thinking. Thinking tends to interrupt the experience and can stop it or alter it if you don't have good control of your consciousness. As for staying calm and unafraid, again, if you don't think, then its easier to do. If you have the slightest sense of fear, something will probably scare you. Not because it needs to, but because you are already anticipating it. If you approach with the concept that nothing can harm you, and anything you perceive to be 'evil' is a reflection off of something within you, its easier to come to grips with it. No one can 'make' you or 'teach' you not to fear though. Only you can do that yourself.

QuoteDo you ever hear strange sounds in your head while exiting or out? Were these "the vibrations"? Should I have done a roll out method or something in order to get out more efficiently? What about the feeling of the bed breathing after I opened my eyes and returned? Was this an entity of some kind?

Can't really answer this one, I never experience noises or vibrations. However, the sense of the bed moving was probably just another symptom of the partial OBE. If I'm stuck getting out, I will feel like I'm moving or falling, although I'm not. I will get the sense of the bed spinning or moving under me as well. That's what this sounds like to me.

QuoteAm I doing something wrong? Why are my last two OBEs so similar? Was this an etheric projection and not a RTZ?

To me, and most of the things I've read, the etheric plane and the RTZ are one in the same. RB simply called the etheric plane the RTZ in his book, but it has been called the etheric plane by mystical texts for centuries. And an etheric projection is what most people call an OBE.

QuoteI'm sure I will learn the answers to my questions in time, but any help and advice would be extremely appreciated here. I'm going to read some permanent topics now.

You're right, you will. Its kinda like riding a bike. You can read about it and listen to people talk about it, but until you actually do it, you'll never know. You need to figure out for yourself how to coordinate your body and the bike so you don't fall off. You'll fall a bunch of times, but with practice, you'll begin to realize what is happening and will stop being afraid of falling. Once you lose the fear of falling, you tend to just take off and never look back!  :wink:
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

psychonaut

thank you novice for your kind replies.
i had a 3rd experience just like the one above and the one before it just a couple days ago. i'm not going to call it an obe though. Happened as I was falling asleep again. maybe I'm getting better at inducing the ability to go out at will? i still didn't feel like i got out, but that i could of. hard to explain. i heard the sounds and felt floaty.  this was the shortest one too - i wasn't even going to write it down on my dream pad. the good thing is that I wasn't as excited about experiencing it this time..more like here i go again sort of thought/feeling. but i still didn't get "out" and about so to speak.  :|
my brains are scrambled. my head's an egg.