News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Astral Experience

Previous topic - Next topic

Thing

"I have a silly fear I'll get "stuck" there and won't be able to wake up."

that can never happen

shivanova

I had this experience a few months ago and I thought I would share it as my introductory approach.

I had the most amazing dream that was not a dream. I knew I was dreaming, yet... I was someplace else. Someplace real with people. I don't know if it was the other side, the astral plane or what, but... it was weird. It was someplace with a giant clock tower and that's the main focal point of the city. A city that seems perched in the midst of space and glows a faint sea green color. They used American dollars to pay for things. O_o Or maybe that's just what my mind saw? They used these strange cards to give me small readings. At least three different decks. The guy pulled an 8 for me in one of them and seemed surprised and puzzled. He said, "This doesn't necessarily mean Jesus...," and I cut in, "Eight's my number." And he's like, "Well, there you go then," and smiled. I forget what I read off them. It was hard to concentrate. I'm forgetting bits and pieces of it. I hope I get to go back.

I just remembered one card that had a listing of different elf types on it and I knew I was this certain type. I think it was wood elf. That seems weird because I don't even like camping that much. I did feel very "Sidhe-ish" at times though.

I remember flying is how it started. After I concluded a dumb dream about my sister and boats, blah, blah. I started floating higher and higher above the lake. Everything was so pretty from high up. I started flying and flying. It was awesome. Over fields, under and over power lines. When I tried to gain a little elevation, I would get pulled waaay up into the atmosphere more than I wanted to go. I lost control and was pulled out farther and farther into space. But a nice black chick with a name that started with a T I think helped me. She put me in her spaceship and took me to the city. I remember they gave me lots of water. Maybe they thought I was drunk. It was a lounge type place. In an anteroom there was an arcade. Just like any arcade you would have here.

The Black chick went to the other room to play a game and I followed her. I watched her play some sort of game that almost looked like one of those claw booths. It was different though. Something with small balls and a strange grid on the bottom. I wasn't paying much attention. I remembered wondering if I looked the same here so after she was done I went to look in the mirror that was in the back of the machine. I looked the same. Sort of disappointing. I thought to myself "Residual Self Image" (you know, like in The Matrix).

I remember commenting to someone, "I know this is a dream that is not a dream." And he smiled and nodded. Everything was so real. I want to go back... :(

I haven't gone back as of yet, but I haven't really tried either. The first step would be to attempt lucidity in dreaming and if I ever do realize I'm lucid I get startled and wake up immediately. I have a silly fear I'll get "stuck" there and won't be able to wake up.