News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

"Flying" and "Falling" dreams

Previous topic - Next topic

kromeknight

Hello Nick
What a coincidence I had a flying dream this morning. I wasn't lucid but I'm happy to have had it. I don't think it was a memory of a past AP because there was so many other ppl in it  that couldn't fly but I was interacting in first person view hmm I'll write this one in my journal.  
Great filling [:D]

Nick

Dear Nick,

I like the explanation for flying dreams I found at this website.
http://www.globalpsychics.com/lp/Dream/earthair.htm

On a more pleasant note, air can represent our psyche, or spirit, in its most free state. The air gives these aspects flight, the ability to take wing and fly, to soar, to reach heights impossible in the waking world. These dreams - the dreams of free-flying - are delightful and almost everyone's favorite. (Some believe flying dreams are out of body experiences, but for our purposes, we'll deal with the psychological meaning behind flight.) Simply put, if air is the spirit or intellect, and you're happily flying right through it, carefree, then something wonderful is going on in your spiritual life. You've broken free of a physical or earthly restraint and you're now totally free to become one with the spirit (or intellect, but flying dreams most often represent spirit). You've escaped an element that has kept you earthbound.

As for falling, I find falling can be due to suddenly re-entering the body.  This is rare for me though.  In most falling incidents I find I have a lot of options. If I am falling over water (say off a cliff) I can chose to either start flying or form a bubble around myself as I go underwater or chose to breath underwater. This indicates to me that falling is usually a symbol in my dreams.  It is easily remembered since the sensation of falling is so strong.  I have not had a falling dream in a long time.

Best Regards,
timeless[:)]
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nick

Hey timeless,

I thought I was in a parallel universe for a moment. You pulled a "mod" trick on me! [:D]

Thanks for the link (which I will look into) and what you wrote about flying and dreams. I like that.

What I remember from the last "falling" dream I had (about a month ago) was this: I remember becoming lucid in my dream. I said "hey, I'm dreaming!" I was on the top of an outdoor stairway and decided to jump off the edge and float down. I did so, but as soon as I neared the bottom I woke up. Oh well. It was nice while it lasted.

Tommorow morning I leave for Sedona, Arizona where I'll be till Thursday. I'll have my laptop but am not sure how much forum time I'll get in, so see you soon. [:)]

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Terry B

Maybe not all flying dream are related to astral projection or oobe in progress. However some might. In daily life there are some period where we daydream. Surely we can daydream(or night dream) in the astral too. Some bodily sensation such as pain and sound are incorporated into the dream. Therefore feeling the non-physical body might trigger flying or falling dream.

I remember having many falling dream say from a cliff into the sea in my childhod (falling into the physical?). Also dream of train roaring loudly in my head (vibrational state?).  

Nick has been nicked! I never thought moderator hace such frihgtening powers.
[;)]

Nick

Terry,

The powers are frightening indeed! [}:)][:D]

What you say about incorporating physical sensations into dreams has been my experience as well. The idea of sensing the non-physical body and then having a flying or falling dream does ring true. There are certainly a lot of interesting things going on after we fall asleep. [:)]

Very best,

Nick

Robert Monroe in his first book, Journeys Out of the Body writes about "flying" and "falling" dreams.

He states: "I am quite certain that such dreams are but memories of some degree of Second State experience." ("Second State" being what he called the astral when he wrote his first book). He says that: "I have often become aware of experiencing the flying dream during sleep, only to discover that I was actually floating out in the Second Body (astral/energy body) as I brought consciousness to the incident."

So do you think that when we are having these flying dreams or falling dreams we are remembering "memories" as Monroe says, of the astral?