News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Connecting the Tongue to the Palette

Previous topic - Next topic

shmuelbwll

Dear Malcom
   I am no expert amout energy , but I can tell you about myself , My tounge is constanly touching the top of my mouth ,(like it is attached there ) , not that I trained it to be there, but it just happened as a side effect of doing Zhan Zhuang .
I 'm not sure when this happened ,but It was about a year after I started  zhang zhuang.
I follow The WAy Of Energy book by Master Lam Kam Chueng.
I don't even know what effect this has on me. My karata teacher said that is very good (about my tounge) but didn't go in details. bye

goku22

I think it feels weird to not have tongue on the roof of my mouth. I guess it became a habit because I like to tickle the top of my mouth with my tongue. One more thing that's off topic, but I had a really good date last night and I'm super happy right now:)  Ben

kifyre

I started putting my tongue up there because I was told to, and now it sneaks up there by itself. And not just during energy work--when I'm running or exerting myself physically.

lol

And I had a wonderful date too last night, Ben. Congrats. :)

Mark

Tir13

I've noticed that when connecting the tongue to the palette, it is much easier for energy to flow through my crown > brow > throat chakras a bit more naturally.  You also stimulate your tongue/minor mouth chakras (I believe) while doing this.  Just my two cents!

Later! :)

Pres Nevins

So are we talking about the tongue just resting against the top of the mouth like an everyday relaxed position, or something different?

I tend to keep my tongue in my mouth with me every day so unless I keep my mouth open so I can drool better, it's usually touching the roof of my mouth anyway...

(I assume I'm just not comprehending something here - enlighten me!)

Pres

Spike

Keeping the tongue against the roof of the mouth (in a relaxed position) stops saliva forming for me so I can meditate for longer without being disturbed by swallowing.It feels like it should be there naturally too.

Tia

quote:

So are we talking about the tongue just resting against the top of the mouth like an everyday relaxed position, or something different?

I tend to keep my tongue in my mouth with me every day so unless I keep my mouth open so I can drool better, it's usually touching the roof of my mouth anyway...

(I assume I'm just not comprehending something here - enlighten me!)

Pres

Thankyou, Pres, there are tears in my eyes - I love a good laugh!  

Ps According to Mantac Chia, there are 3 positions for touching your tongue to the roof of the mouth (Microcosmic Orbit).

kifyre

quote:

Keeping the tongue against the roof of the mouth (in a relaxed position) stops saliva forming for me so I can meditate for longer without being disturbed by swallowing.It feels like it should be there naturally too.

And I always heard it stimulated saliva production, for better or worse. ::shrug::

nitetravler

What you're talking about is taken right out of Taoist Chi-Kung practices. Connecting the tongue allows the energy to circulate freely throughout the body, in particular the front and back of the torso. This is called the Microcosmic Orbit, and is good for balancing the body's energy, as well as grounding it.

A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or else what's Heaven for?

-Robert Browning

n/a

I always have tongue to palette, that seperates the back of the throat from the front of the mouth, which I keep open slightly. This keeps the saliva glands under the tongue exposed to outside air, keeping your mouth somewhat dry so you won't have to keep swallowing every few minutes. Swallowing is one factor that can set me back when I'm trying to project. Also the distance the jaw is opened. It's like tuning your face.
Just my two cents here...

Malcolm

Does connecting the tongue to the palette really make that big of a difference? I learned NEW and the full body circuit without connecting my tongue, and it worked just fine. I have come across information in books, though, that suggests that the connection of the tongue to the palette is paramount. There was even a diagram showing the difference in energy between a tongue-connecting practitioner, and an unconnected practitioner. I think this is a bit of an exaggeration though. I recently tried connecting my tongue during the FBC, and, aside from working the energetic structures in my tongue, it didn't seem to make that big of a difference. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Malcolm

pharmakeia

all this talk of "completing the circuit" without any connection to the breath that it's connected to? What does touching the tongue to the roof of the mouth have to do with an inhale? What's the connection?

pharmakeia