News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Future price of crude oil

Previous topic - Next topic

WindGod

back to the side topic of alternatives to harvesting the rainforest.

a local surfboard maker introduced me to the use of bamboo veneer with epoxy resin lamination as a very strong composite material.

I did  web searches and found some interesting stuff.

Several references state that bamboo is the fastest growing harwood.

5 to 7 years of bamboo growth produces as much hardwood as 40-60 years of rainforest hardwood tree growth.

I bought a small roll of bamboo veneer and it's excellent to work with.
Are weather forcasters psychic?

Stillwater

Hi Bliss  :wink:

I do not have disputes with the other sources, but the information from Marko Rodin seems rather sketchy, and possible not authentic. I am not a math major, but I have taken a few calculus classes like most folks with degrees, and I must say that his formulations appear entirely arbitrary and based on coincidences of the base-ten number system.

Rodin on his webpage:

QuoteFollow along as the amazing properties of this symbol unveil themselves to you. Put your pencil on number 1 and without picking up your pencil, move your pencil in a straight line to number 2, then 4, then across the center to 8. Notice that you are doubling. So next should be 16 and it is, but 1+6=7. So move your pencil to 7. Then 16 doubled is 32, but 3+2=5. So move your pencil to 5. Then 32 doubled is 64 and 6+4=10 and 1+0=1. And you're back to 1. So move the pencil across the center and back up to 1. The significance of the Mayan calender is that 64 is one complete cycle of infinity. Then it begins again with 64 doubled is 128 and 1+2+8=11

let us try these results in a base 4 number system (where you count as 1, 2, 3, 10, 11, 12, 13, 20)

2x10 (2x4) = 20 ( 8 ),            

1+12 (1+6) = 13 (7),

but 16 is 100 in base 4:  1 + 0 + 0 = 1 (which  does not give the result of seven found in base ten)

so you can see that "God's mathematics" only work in base 10. We use the base ten system because we have 10 fingers, and learned to count by them. An alien race with 8 fingers might just as easily learn to count in a base 8 system. But the mathematical correlations only work in base 10, which shows that they are probably contrived to work that way. I do not think the Source of creation would arbitrarily force the world to work in base 10 when it could work any number of other ways too.

I am not saying that this guy is a fraud, but rather that some of his math does not check out, which casts a doubt on it all. Furthermore, he would have you buy a video with him explaining his reasoning on charts he made himself with markers and cardboard, which is not how a world-renowned theorist with tons of funding would go about things in my opinion.

I think more information is needed to proove he is not lying. That is just my take at the moment- I could change my mind if proof is offered, but it does not look good on this level.

Thanks ;)
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Stillwater

Hi Bliss :wink:

I do not doubt cars have been devised that can convert water its components via electrolysis on the go, but why you would want to do that is puzzling, as you would seemingly be able to go farther on the original electricity, becuase the reaction that the hydrogen undergoes with O2 in the air is basically the reverse of the electrolysis! Why would you want to do the same reaction twice, in reverse? You lose energy both ways, per the second law of thermodynamics! Plus electrical equipment is far more efficient than most internal combustion engines, so I would guess that you could go 4 or 5 times farther never converting the electrical energy to hydrogen, as there are three main places you lose energy in the hydrogen way, in opposed to the one smaller way in the electrical engine.

On Rodin:

It is very possible that the system he has devised is both fully correct and restricted to the base 10 system, but it seems very odd that there is no real information availible on the guy. If his findings are so revolutionary, why does no one (not even Wikipedia, which knows football coaches, Atari games, movie characters, congresspeople, and little-known scientists) know of him? All the information I can find on him seems to be produced by himself or his affiliates.

If you have more information on him, most preferably the reports of others, it would be easier to evaluate just who he is and what he has to offer. Perhaps he really can help revolutionize the world, but I don't see how he can if he remains some sort of shadow.

Thanks  :wink:
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic