Astral Traveler's cookbook?

Previous topic - Next topic

Hfeline

I've been wondering about putting together a cookbook for the odd APer.
I know that fresh veggies are supposed to help, along with fasting in some cases.

I don't know if anything will come from it, but I'd like to try and make it tasty and helpful... if possible.

EscapeVelocity

Interesting idea. I've read in a few places that asparagus is conducive to OBE. And my own experience points to a lighter, less protein diet or meal beforehand is helpful. Also alcohol nearly always inhibits or limits any experience.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Nameless

A sweet bite before bed or practice seems to help. Not a lot or anything sickening sweet but just a bite or so. I would stay away from chocolate though for this purpose. At least this is something I've noticed for myself.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on September 21, 2019, 02:15:08
Interesting idea. I've read in a few places that asparagus is conducive to OBE.
I would have figured it would have been Carrots, lol. Anything to aide with that enhanced Astral vision!  :-D
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Hfeline

I actually have a vegetarian cookbook for this purpose.  I haven't cracked it open yet though.  I keep putting it off.

LightBeam

When I overeat, I don't feel the best and that affects my APs. I typically eat between 9 AM and 5 PM, which makes me so much mentally alert all day long as well as more aware during dreams, triggering APs easier. This intermittent fasting regiment in very good for overall health as well. Don't restrict calories, but try to limit sugar, junk, etc. Eat more veggies.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

urshebear

I would purchase a copy. Sounds good and I love food  :-D

I eat a somewhat balanced diet between 11am and 7pm and meditate while fasting.

Volgerle

We had a thread once (don't know if here) about Blue Cheese aiding in lucid dreams and similar. Tried it but did not work for me, but who knows for whom it might work.

Lumaza

Quote from: Volgerle on November 27, 2019, 16:39:03
We had a thread once (don't know if here) about Blue Cheese aiding in lucid dreams and similar. Tried it but did not work for me, but who knows for whom it might work.
I guess you could go under the mindset that if you "believe" it will, it will, kind of like a "placebo effect". But I know that sleeping with a full, (after a late heavy meal), or even totally empty stomach will leave me in a lighter slumber. One makes my stomach upset, the other makes it "grumble". Both of them are hard to ignore.

After I finish my work at about 3-4 am, I have to have a light snack before bedtime otherwise my sleep will be restless.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla