Did I experience an OBE?

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazni

I have been trying to learn to OBE for about a month or so. I began by using binural beats (Theta waves with an isochronic pulse) which allowed me to achieve 'vibrations' twice.

I decided it would be more efficient to learn to do it without binural beats, and have been successful in getting to a different state on all attempts. I feel floaty, heartrate rockets and I feel like I'm shaking. I've never been fully successful.

Last night I was dreaming that I was following someone but couldn't catch up, so I decided to fly up the stairs to catch them, but instead of my body flying I flew out of my body. Everything went black and next thing I knew I was floating in blackness in mid air, fully concious. I opened my eyes and slowly began to be able to see the ceiling, but then closed them again. All I could hear in my head was as if it was vibrating, like when I tense my head and hear the noise in my ears. It was very powerful.

I decided to force myself to wake up, as I didn't want to forget the experience. I was just wondering, if this was indeed an OBE, or a very vivid dream of some sort? Thanks!

Lionheart

Congratulations it seems your hard work has paid off, this is indeed a OBE experience. Great job and here's to continued success!  :-)
Safe Travels!  :-)

Contenteo

It sounds to me as if wasn't a full fledged OBE. Usually there is short blackness intermission inbetween whatever you were doing and the actual OBE. You were right on the cusp. Its rather common to be in that muddled state at the beginning of some OBEs. In those you really have to fight to get the OBE to be 'full'. Deepening works wonders at this state.

You will know when you have a full OBE, it is unmistakable. My first thought(yes, you have conscious brain chatter at your disposal in there) was and usually still is, "Hell yeah! another OBE!". As for my first thought ever in there, it was something like, "Ohhhhhh...that wasn't that hard, wtf was I doing all those times. Oh man I do feel soft and floaty. They were right."

You are on the right track, but you have to keep persevering through the blackness. Practice will help that. I find I am pretty much on autopilot in that transitional state. Now that you know the feeling of where you want to go, just keep familiarizing yourself with it.

Congrats on your progress so far. This is tough stuff. What you have done so far is highly commendable.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Szaxx

Hi,
I can remember this feeling youve had when I was around 4 years old. Dont be scared of it at all, its natural. Once I was floating I thought of a place where I really wanted to be and I was there. Its so real I used to travel with my brother some nights, he is a year younger than me. We are over 50 now.
Well done.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Tazni

It's nice to hear that things are finally starting to happen :) I've tried some reiki too to help me and the woman was quite surprised by what she saw on me so hopefully I will be able to achieve that again :)

I'm going to give it another shot now, and when my exams are over I will be able to dedicate a lot more time to working on practicing it :)

clandestino

Quote from: Contenteo on May 09, 2012, 00:59:33Its rather common to be in that muddled state at the beginning of some OBEs. In those you really have to fight to get the OBE to be 'full'. Deepening works wonders at this state.

You will know when you have a full OBE, it is unmistakable.

This has been my experience too, in the past.  The first one or two times it happens, it is frustrating when you wake up without any "success". Then the next time, you start to recognise that state and you can hold it for a few seconds, you are thinking "right, what do I do next".  And then you can try and get deeper into the experience, and you have more clarity.

In my limited experience, there is a continuum that goes from very muddled, all the way through to very clear.  I can't honestly say that I could move from muddled to "very clear" but I could definitely move out of the "muddled" into a clearer state.

As you say, the sensation is unmistakable when it is "full", in my experience it felt more real than sitting here typing on my laptop.  :-)

Tazni -   My suggestion would be re: diet, exercise, sleep patterns.   I'm not suggesting that you do a 3month hard core regime, but try the following.  I'm assuming that you don't work on saturday and you have free time on saturday when you will be undisturbed.

Thurs, fri  - don't eat too much food (don't starve yourself though).  Eat as if you're on a diet.  Don't drink any alcohol. get a good night's sleep.  Exercise... running, swimming, whatever.. make yourself tired.

Sat - wake up early. If you normally get up at 8am, wake at 5am.   Exercise, light breakfast, shower etc.   Just do what you normally would do.  At some time between 11am and 3pm you'll feel a bit sleepy - give it a go now.  Your body will be physically tired and your mind comparatively awake.  

good luck !
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries