Hey Question

Previous topic - Next topic

izthawiz

when im having a nightmare and i know im dreaming  i wake up , but i wake up paralized i cant even speak , and i see something getting close to me  and they only way i can get it to go away and wake up is if i scream ..  Hmmm is this related to the astral because im kinda confused  i thought this stuff was called "a night terror" aneway i tried another method when i got it i told myself that i have to relax just relax and its all fake and then i woke up  ...

So lets say ur in the astral  and as soon as ur there u see a evil thing , can u show love to it? even if it attacks u can u laugh at its face ? or show more love ... (dunno i heard love defeats everything) ..

Leo Volont

Quote from: izthawizwhen im having a nightmare and i know im dreaming  i wake up , but i wake up paralized i cant even speak , and i see something getting close to me  and they only way i can get it to go away and wake up is if i scream ..  Hmmm is this related to the astral because im kinda confused  i thought this stuff was called "a night terror" aneway i tried another method when i got it i told myself that i have to relax just relax and its all fake and then i woke up  ...

So lets say ur in the astral  and as soon as ur there u see a evil thing , can u show love to it? even if it attacks u can u laugh at its face ? or show more love ... (dunno i heard love defeats everything) ..

When you wake up and can't move, you are still in what is called 'sleep paralysis' which is the bodies way and keeping you from thrashing about when you are dreaming.  I would think that would be a perfect state from which you could Astrally Project.  Many of us would know we are experiencing Sleep Paralysis, only it never occurs to us to try to move around in bed and so we never realize it.  We lay there and think about our last Dream, and then what we would like for our next Dream... or OBE.

Now, as for pacifying Astral and Dream Enemies and Monsters, many of us, I included, have had success by simply reaching out and touching them.  Sometimes the Touch instantaneously transforms them to peaceful entities, and sometimes it requires a bit of a battle.

geoff

Not wishing to cross swords here;

I spent a few years of my life with these kinds of nightmares. I truthfully have never fully understood them, because they held a motive/resonance for me.

Sleep paralysis is quite common, as Leo correctly explains. Imagine living physically every dream you have! Your body shuts down.

I would hesitate a guess, and say that until you have experienced Sleep Paralysis, you can never quite understand it. I used to focus on my Big Toe until I could scream for help (in the most laboured of ways) for my Brother to help me.

The sheer fear that sleep Paralysis brings is unbearable; until you realise one simple (and yes almost ridiculous) fact; You CANNOT die.

I actually wish I had the same fear again, strange as it seems. My recent bouts have been filled with such contempt for life that I have explored exactly what Leo says that most people don't.

The most common feeling, if you relax into it, will be a sensation of you arms and legs 'bending' upwards. You'll feel your hands and feet, and the tops of your arms and legs, but the bit in the middle will be like rubber.

And yes, it can be scary.

But you'll live. :)

Kind regards,

Geoff

Leo Volont

Dear Geoff,

Okay... perhaps the element necessary to see Sleep Paralysis as a horrifying experience is having had a Nightmare.  The person would still be emotionally agitated and perhaps would wish to continue to flee from danger even after having awakened, but then finds himself unable to move.

Maybe the biggest problem here is the premature awakening from a dream.  Buck up and show some backbone and you won't have to worry about sleep paralysis.  Now that I think about it, I once noticed Sleep Paralysis -- I had a dream in which a squadron of Men on flying carpets, wearing Green Robes with gold trimming, surrounded me and the Leader was going to stick me with a mere pin.... and I woke up in a state of dream paralysis.  I didn't worry about it and was satisfied to lay there until the time assigned the dream was over... I instinctively knew that the sleep paralysis would not last much longer than the dream itself would have lasted.  But that was many years ago, and recently I have had dreams of fear and the infliction of pain, without being such a Wus and having to wake up out of them.

geoff

Quoteperhaps the element necessary to see Sleep Paralysis as a horrifying experience is having had a Nightmare

Nope, forget everything you have ever experienced, and knowing you *once* had full mobility, and now have NONE. That in itself, irrespective of anything else, is scary as hell.

I did say I didn't wish to cross swords.

The reality of any individual is thiers alone, as yours is your own. We each deal with it in our own way, and the brave ask questions.

I beleive that if one has wisdom, knowlege, experience, or even just a perspective, they should be able to communicate it in a way that benefits the reader, and not just themselves.

Back to izthawiz.

Trust yourself. You know what it was you feared, and why you were held there. No matter what it was, you must realize that you arose after that fear. As you will do every time it happens (which I truly hope it doesn't).

Kind regards,

Geoff

geoff

P.S. I know I'm doing it again, but it's my style. :)

geoff

P. P. S. Still working on that "Love defeats all" thing. I just figure, be nice to people. Love is such a "big" word :)

Leo Volont

Quote from: geoff
Quote...Nope, forget everything you have ever experienced, and knowing you *once* had full mobility, and now have NONE. That in itself, irrespective of anything else, is scary as hell....

Kind regards,

Geoff

I suppose we could call it a phobia.  Not everybody has phobias.  As I said, I was not bothered by my encounter with Sleep Paralysis.  But then again, I can stuff myself into crowded rooms, confined spaces, jump up and down on the edge of cliffs, walk atop high towers, speak in public, introduce myself to attractive women... in short, I am afraid of practically nothing.

Phobias are for wussies.

geoff

Well as they say.. Good for you.

Others are less fortunate/whatever

Kind regards,

Geoff

izthawiz

Quote from: geoff
Quoteperhaps the element necessary to see Sleep Paralysis as a horrifying experience is having had a Nightmare

Nope, forget everything you have ever experienced, and knowing you *once* had full mobility, and now have NONE. That in itself, irrespective of anything else, is scary as hell.

I did say I didn't wish to cross swords.

The reality of any individual is thiers alone, as yours is your own. We each deal with it in our own way, and the brave ask questions.

I beleive that if one has wisdom, knowlege, experience, or even just a perspective, they should be able to communicate it in a way that benefits the reader, and not just themselves.

Back to izthawiz.

Trust yourself. You know what it was you feared, and why you were held there. No matter what it was, you must realize that you arose after that fear. As you will do every time it happens (which I truly hope it doesn't).

Kind regards,

Geoff

eh i get this stuff like 3 times a week now since im so scared all the time ..  

dude u have no idea how much u cheered me up with that quote wow ...
eh whenever i have a nightmare and whenever i think about sleep paralysis in my dream i have it right after i get scared i wake up being paralyzed ..From now im not gonna be scared i dont even care if the hallucination gets close to me and wakes me up, i will come up with something hopefully .  

i thought about getting medicine , but really i dont think medicine will help since its all in my head .. I need to stop being afraid of nightmares  .

geoff

Well I'm glad you got your help from Leo, and only your second post!

May others be as fortunate as you.

Kind regards,

Geoff

Tyciol

The trick is reminding yourself that you can move. Usually you can breath, or you'd die. So breath, let that move your chest, let that move whatever, and so on so forth. Roast time.