News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Eating Habits effecting Spirituality

Previous topic - Next topic

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

hi all, very interesting debate here!  Especially one I have a keen interest in.

I stopped all meat except fish on 01/01/01.  (a bit spooky that one)

No one forced or influenced me.  My body and mind were just ready at that time and although it was hard to stop the cravings of 'finger-lickin-good fried chicken fillets' particularly as I walked past KFC, I have never regretted becoming a pesco-vegetarian.  Since then I tried to stop fish but had to go back to it after 6 months.  I am not going to force myself so I eat fish once in a while.  I get all I need from soya, veggies, fruits and supplements every day. 

not eating two eyed two or four legged animals has done wonders to my conscience, my health and helped me enormously in my spiritual growth.  Apparently meat is mostly made up of blood and some fibre.  The blood is what makes the food taste good, not the fibre.  It is also the blood that contains toxis substances such as uric acid which is actually waste material and comes out of the body as urine.  Now I don't know about you but I ain't 'finger-lickin' animal urine. 

As a person seeking spirituality, I thought it was important to clear my body, to maintain a healthy body, in order to ultimately become a better filter for information that comes from the higher realms.  And I think it did the job cause I can see the results now.  I'm in very good health - no digestive problems, and I can't remember the last time I had a cold. 

The drawback?  It has greatly affected my social life - I don't go to barbeque parties and can't visit my family who eat meat (it's the raw meat in the fridge and seeing them chopping it that really bothers me).  I find the sight and smell of dead animals extremely repulsive, and certainly can't pass by butcher shops, can't even watch TV cooking channels if they're using meat.  Maybe it's all the fear the animals feel when being slaughtered?  Someone also told me that on an energetic level, the fear, which is the last emotion they have before they die, is consumed by humans along with the flesh...

Makes me want to be vegan!  I'm working on it.  :-)
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." Rumi

Kyrin Blair

I have a fairly high metabolism, and have found I do need a certain amount of 'dense' food, e.g. lots of meat and greasy carbs.

I try to keep up on my vitamin intake daily, although I don't notice too much of a change.

I think a lot of foods which were considered 'taboo' in most early diets are making a comeback. For example, fat and cholesterol are both crucial for neurological development and maintenence, hormones, etc. The catch, as ALWAYS is moderation, and obvious LDL cholesterol over HDL.
-Supreme Fluffer of Fluffies
"I came into this plane with an attitude and a 3-foot Pixie Stick; I see stupid everywhere, and I plan on doing something about it."

DejaClaireVoyant

Hey everyone. I'm vegetarian, and have been for 3 years.
It will most likely be the way I will live as long as I have the luxury of the choice.
But like I mentioned in the indigo children thread, pretty soon I am going to be selling all my stuff, leaving my home with nothing but a backpack on my back to see where the road takes me *something I've had a major calling for a long time, seriously, I've never felt stronger that I HAD to do something than I feel about this*.

I have celiac disease so sometimes it is hard for me to find things to eat out, being wheat free *its in everything* and vegetarian. I've decided that while on the road, or staying with people, I will possibly accept meat if it's offered to me. I will be traveling to some "third world" type places, and am willing to do as the romans do, so to speak, if the situation is right. There is a big difference between a small tribe in a village killing one of the their free roaming chickens, and the evil meat industry of america brutally raising these animals in horrific conditions and filth and then mass slaughtering them for profit.

I'm not against meat eating or the food chain or the natural order of things in general. Its really about whether something is right and natural or corrupt and cruel. That said, I will still try and remain vegetarian on the road whenever I can!

greggkroodsma

Quote from: Beneath_the_Roses on December 02, 2007, 16:00:54
I've recently become vegetarian for various reasons...one of them being the idea that getting the unhealthy fat/cholesteral of animals out of my body it will somehow help me move along with my spirituality. I'm convinced it will help me obe more often for example. What are your thoughts on this?

"But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the
first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard. He answered
and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went. And he
came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I
go, sir: and went not. Whether of them twain did the will of his
father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily
I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the
kingdom of God before you. For John came unto you in the way of
righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the
harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not
afterward, that ye might believe him". -- Matthew 21:28-32

I was looking for somewhere to put this.  And I was wondering what message I am to convey. 
Going into a vineyard is like being a vegetarian, don't you think?  I mean, God could direct you to become a vegetarian and in your hurry, you may say, 'No God, not today.'  What does that do?
You look around at the people one day and the harlots that used to stand at the corner are looking better these days and they seem to be busier doing the right things and the tax collectors seem to have a spring in their step and people are treating them kinder; and you wonder, 'What could it be?'
You watch and see. 
And when you see the healthy vegetables and fruits and good wholesome food they are eating now, they are being supplied by the Creator of the Realm because the Creator desires Health, you have a few ways to respond.
You could change your attitude; one.
You could ignore it and go on; two, or.
You could join them; three.
A lot of people are finding out these days that there is a truth that is being put aside.  And they are finding that the ones they thought were less knowledgeable in the ways of health and life are a little better organized in the little that they know.