News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

OCD an addiction, not a disease

Previous topic - Next topic

riddled_skies

Hey everybody, I've got some news I think would be interesting.

you know OCD, Obsessive-compulsive-disorder? I was just pondering in the shower this morning (as i do), about OCD.

you see, i just beat OCD as it has been lodged in my subconscious for the longest time. I had OCD of the numbers: doing things a number of times, sets of things, etc.

One of the things I remembered from it was the fact that I had this energy, almost like drugs, released in my very nerves of my body when I followed the OCD's orders. There were a couple elevated moments when I felt crazy, and energy was coming from nowhere! I followed orders so lightning fast I was laughing. I made several percise convulsions according to my order messages and it lasted a decent time. My brain was almost like having a headache but it wasn't... Everything was elevated, i kept thinking i was on cocaine/crack... This got me to thinking.

something "sparked" in my mind about a memory of a commercial about cigarette smoking. It showed a picture of nicotine binding to these ugly looking, sucking nicotine receptors, taking in the nicotine. Knowing very well the struggles of nicotine from my own smoking fathers' perils, I have seen the way nicotine takes over a persons mind and willpower, an addiction. And then the plausible theory hit me..

OCD could be an addiction. Figuring my episodes I have had with it, and the "drugged" feeling, I thought that,

The act of OCD binds to something in your brain, making you think you need it.

As soon as I realized this, It was a lot easier to give the OCD up. I was so afraid of something bad would happen that I scarcely tried to.

Anyway, I have more to this, but that's all for now.
"The most beatiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art, and.. science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, ..(or) marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed