Hypnogogic commonalities wanted.

Previous topic - Next topic

Szaxx

Commonalities in the late hypnagogic state is worth investigating in detail. It appears that for over 100 years the 'astral wind' has been blowing for almost everyone of us at the exit point.
This has been preceded with the usual hypno noises that we all assume to experience as the same. I've experimented with this over many years and would like to get some feedback from others.
Let's start with being in a relaxed state where most of the bodily sensations have already faded into a dull, almost nothingness of unimportance. You'll be past those itches and lumpy distractions and melting your consciousness into a sea of tranquility. The mind may feel inside your head at this point in the exercise.
The background noises from the physical are getting a muffled edge to them. Any clicks or taps now that are loud will give an audible effect like a corrupt digital sound recording. A metallic sound that buzzes similar in frequency to that brrrrr we shiver when cold.
Familiar anyone?
Going deeper into the trance state, you are in the blackness with no sense of the physical. Voices are likely to be clear and perhaps recognisable too. You'll be daydreaming into and out of consciousness at this stage. Images will be apparent here from a hazy blur to a clearly defined scene. These come and go as you regain self awareness. The typical ones if you have any consistent will aid in this endeavor. The astral wind may start up here. It creeps upon you, slowly stalking, getting louder and even though its there, you don't respond to it initi
ally.
Familiar?
The wind then hits you and you either jump back a stage or two surprised by it or you recognised it and now do your exit tech.

How much of this is a match to your experiences?
I use it at will almost anytime of day and a projection is easy. It's mostly consistent and a few variations do occur.
The feel of this is important with any fears you may have.

With enough feedback I intend to create a symptomatic chronological order and work it into an system where almost everyone who wants to project at will, can.
Anyone can post from beginner to advanced. The aim is finding consistency and making it work.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

BKR1974

i am shocked this fits my first experience almost exactly except i never exited ever since that I've been trying to recreate it 

Kzaal

I'm gonna contribute to your effort Szaxx cause this is 100% accurate.
Altho I usually feel some kind of implosion or as if metal cracked in my head (feels as if my brain does a final "Poooung!") right before exiting the hypnagogic state.

1 - Hypnagogic Sounds
2 - Some kind of metal sound (like a really sturdy gong or something)
3 - The Silence
4 - The Astral Wind coming back up slowly. Like if a grainy tornado (some kind of "Hroooouuushh")
5 - I usually feel another Poooung right after the astral wind calms down
6 - Silence come back again and usually after that I'm in Astral and the Light/visuals kicks in.

How close am I to your experiences Szaxx?

Edit:
I think in some kind of way it's different for everyone, like some people don't hear the sounds with a higher tonality etc.
When I was young I used to live in a house with a lot of spiritual energy. I would say maybe one or 3 spirits (I'm not sure if it was the same spirit for all the different sounds) for example, I heard bangs on the roof in summer then one day it was on the wall next to my head while I was sleeping.
Sometimes I heard as if someone was chopping wood in the basement. And another time I felt as if some ghost breathed cold hair on my face.
Sometimes you hear your pet(s) either fighting or calling you.
Even for vibrations, some people don't get them.
It depends a lot on your environment too because this is already a focus stage where you try to visualize your environment spiritually and astrally around you.
At least for me, when I travel, I always want to see my surroundings/hear/smell etc.
I think it's one of the reasons that pushed most of us toward astral projecting in the first place (To visualize your environment while having your eyes closed).
It's also a basic instinct. Someone who doesn't want to go blind, would wish he can visualize/sense everything around him.
The partial becomes complete; the crooked, straight; the empty,
full; the worn out, new. He whose (desires) are few gets them; he
whose (desires) are many goes astray.

Projector4life

I sometimes hear a distinct wind sound. Then I can't hear anything even though I still am conscious. When I can't hear anything at all, then I know I am out of body with my mind.

soarin12

What you describe is the norm for me too.  I sometimes get the astral winds and sometimes not.

LightBeam

The most frequent vibe type I experience is a strong whooshing sound in my ears and inner shaking. It happens almost every time during an early morning technique, when the AP happens during sleep onset. I actually induce the vibes by imagining my bed either swaying or spinning. That is maybe the easiest technique upon falling asleep, because it does not require thinking, just inner motion sensation hold for a few minutes. That does not work during evening sleep onset. During evening sleep onset, I do visualization + motion and that results in a strong vibrational state sometimes during the night, but not upon sleep onset. I get woken up by stronger vibes after few hrs of sleep, and I am automatically in SP. But those vibes are more like a train running through you, very loud, sometimes gun shot sounds, strong buzzing sounds and strong inner shakes. For those who want to try, they need to go to bed about a half an hr before they get really sleepy, because otherwise if you wait until you are ready to pass out, you will fall asleep before you have a chance to start anything. For those who are starting with the evening visualization technique, they need to have patience because the initial AP achievement will take about three weeks(practice every night).

But I also wanted to add that vibes not always happen. Even for AP upon sleep onset, many times I just become aware as I am laying down that I have the "corridor" to AP, then I just think of a location and I find myself teleported so to speak in the astral environment. LDs also don't have vibes. They usually happen sometimes during the night.
I know you already know that Szaxx, but I just wanted to mention some additional details for the beginners who are reading this.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: Szaxx on January 20, 2015, 23:03:54
Commonalities in the late hypnagogic state is worth investigating in detail. It appears that for over 100 years the 'astral wind' has been blowing for almost everyone of us at the exit point.
This has been preceded with the usual hypno noises that we all assume to experience as the same. I've experimented with this over many years and would like to get some feedback from others.
Let's start with being in a relaxed state where most of the bodily sensations have already faded into a dull, almost nothingness of unimportance. You'll be past those itches and lumpy distractions and melting your consciousness into a sea of tranquility. The mind may feel inside your head at this point in the exercise.
The background noises from the physical are getting a muffled edge to them. Any clicks or taps now that are loud will give an audible effect like a corrupt digital sound recording. A metallic sound that buzzes similar in frequency to that brrrrr we shiver when cold.
Familiar anyone?
Going deeper into the trance state, you are in the blackness with no sense of the physical. Voices are likely to be clear and perhaps recognisable too. You'll be daydreaming into and out of consciousness at this stage. Images will be apparent here from a hazy blur to a clearly defined scene. These come and go as you regain self awareness. The typical ones if you have any consistent will aid in this endeavor. The astral wind may start up here. It creeps upon you, slowly stalking, getting louder and even though its there, you don't respond to it initi
ally.
Familiar?
The wind then hits you and you either jump back a stage or two surprised by it or you recognised it and now do your exit tech.

How much of this is a match to your experiences?
I use it at will almost anytime of day and a projection is easy. It's mostly consistent and a few variations do occur.
The feel of this is important with any fears you may have.

With enough feedback I intend to create a symptomatic chronological order and work it into an system where almost everyone who wants to project at will, can.
Anyone can post from beginner to advanced. The aim is finding consistency and making it work.

A short, but excellent post. The Astral Winds are the most interesting part to me. I either hear the Astral Winds or a high-frequency wave (not to be confused with Tinnitus).

EscapeVelocity

Szaxx -Your outline appears complete in the sequence of events, the remainder being a variability of exposure to each of these sensations: consistency, timing and degree; these become the variables that are unique to each of us, and in my understanding, can change with each experience.

With regard to straight-forward Hypnagogia, I used to get audio with screams, shouts, bangs and gunshots, people calling my name, doors crashing-in that led to visual vignettes of people/police breaking into my house...all of this seemingly dredged up from my subconscious simply to distract me and abort the exit progression. The quicker I decided to ignore any of this, the quicker it diminished and I could progress with my exit. It still catches me out at times!

Astral wind...honestly, I only experienced it once...blew me away...yes! It absolutely did! Off my feet!

Whooshing sounds, train sounds, helicopter sounds...yup.

Vibrations are a another subject; sometimes they are a related/involved component; for me they are a separate phenomenon altogether.

A hypnagogic visual that I would like to mention is that of the gradual, consistent progression of images that I read about and then experienced a couple years later: It literally went from black&white daguerreotype stills (with frames!) to slow, jerky b&w motion pictures, slowly getting faster and faster, becoming a motion picture, then finally shifting to color and progressing to a point where the scene is so strongly presented that the idea occurs to you to literally "step" into the scene...

One key seems to be in how I utilize a visual, like a Rundown Visual, or in exploiting a visual that is presented somewhere along the line, the timing being a huge factor.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

soarin12

Great post EV!

The first several times I heard the strange sounds -bangs, footsteps, screams etc. as well.  Then that subsided.  I still heard the loud whooshing/helicotper noise for a while after that -then that too faded into an altogether more quiet projection and it still is today.

OK, I said above that I get the astral wind sometimes, but I guess I don't actually know what that means.  I assumed astral wind was the whooshing noise, but maybe not?

What I get sometimes now, is a kind of cross between a kind of vibration (but it doesn't feel like normal vibrations -it's more grainy or gritty) and a whooshing noise that starts up soft and grows, but never gets as loud as the really loud helicopter kind I used to get.  When I get this my mouth twitches in a funny way -I can feel it.  I always wonder if someone looking at me would think I was having a mild seizure. Hope I'm not!

Szaxx

Many thanks to all for the responses so far.
I'll get back to individual posts soon, the info is great and some of the side notes are very interesting too.
These notes are addressing another question I may ask.

If anyone else wants to post something, even a tiny sensation, it would help construct the model more accurately.
I've tried to put the basic sensations in the order they seem to appear. They do vary as the replies are showing and some are following my thoughts too.
A few posts from those who are in the early stages of the art would be a nice addition. It doesn't matter if you've not quite made it. I'm looking at the sensations from all angles to find common signposts and then create the whole thoughts and sensations experience we feel into a very precise system to aid a newcomer on a very easy to follow path.
Far too much misinformation is available to newcomers to the art of projection. Some big names ARE party to this which is somewhat sad.
My intent is to find through truthful accounts whats real then destroy the myths and legends nonsense that's messing up so many of those wanting to learn. It's totally unjustified FEAR, which in many cases is written by someone with no experience at all.
So anyone starting out wanting to comment can do so without any thoughts of your experiences not being important. They are very important as its you to whom this is aimed at. How far you've made it is worth a great deal of time reading old posts. Plus any questions can be asked if they arise.

Thanks again in advance.

soarin12

When my trance begins to deepen the blackness behind my eyelids gets a grainy depth and movement to it.

Kzaal

I don't know if that can help further but for me when I'm in hypnagogic stage (mostly the part where everything gets more silent)
I feel as if everything was black, but I have that constant sensation of going forward and backward really fast and a good distance.
If I fix a point in that phase and I imagine edges(like a corridor with white edges) I can feel as if my inner vision was trying to go forward and backward.
my astral body actually feels like if it's already moving (to me at this stage you're already in your imaginative astral phase).

Also worth a note that some may have experienced too:
I sometimes get a strange feeling of a sound, it feels as if I was in a movie slowed down but it picks it's speed back up.
Like a Frrrrrrrrr. Like if the frames of the movies were picking the speed back up or something.

The Astral wind sometimes feels more like an ocean wave coming really slowly.
Sometimes I get both the wave feeling and as if the speed was picking back up.
Then I end up on a beach or somewhere else.

Also the common feeling that there's someone making noise in the house (feet banging on the floor) or doors closing.

Maybe another worth a mention:
Feeling as if something just entered your nose and you swallowed it.

Bluefirephoenix

my clairaudience is active when fully awake. I tend to have more shadow interference when I'm fully awake as opposed to trance.

The hypogogic stage clarifies the sounds and I'm able to make a stronger connection when I focus. The visuals are random images surreal much like a dream image... this is my phasing. The images are sometimes controllable  but usually not meaningful.

Kzaal

Quote from: Bluefirephoenix on January 22, 2015, 11:48:18
my clairaudience is active when fully awake. I tend to have more shadow interference when I'm fully awake as opposed to trance.

The hypogogic stage clarifies the sounds and I'm able to make a stronger connection when I focus. The visuals are random images surreal much like a dream image... this is my phasing. The images are sometimes controllable  but usually not meaningful.

Definitely, I also heard many musical symphonies/melodies etc., during that stage. Many songs that are wonderful but that are forgotten almost immediately after. (Here I'm guessing musicians would probably be more inclined to remember those in greater details).
To me the hypnagogic stage is very much an enhanced state of creativity and focus.
For someone like me who likes drawing a lot, I really enjoy meditating in the hypnagogic state to put the pictures I get from it on paper.
Sometimes they are just forms but other times those forms take amazing shapes.
Since it doesn't take much energy to go in that state, I can lay down 30mins to an hour (take a break from drawing) and try to remember scenes/imagery from those. Then go straight back to the drawing board.

Some other times there's nothing tho! I don't always get a super creative spark and stuff like that. Sometimes it's just the regular meditation and exit sensation.
Sometimes it feels as if I was laying down in the grass eyes closed on a sunny day.

omcasey

The phenomena in my shifts are constantly changing and morphing into new perceptions and experience.

Currently, the most recent ongoing phenomena is an inner chill.  It is like a(n ice) stone dropping into a cool pond, the waves rippling out in me in an ever increasingly freezing fashion (the level of cold is almost indescribable).  Over and over and over---again.  Until I am  t h r o u g h --->.  In multiple planes and dimensions. <---The concentric circles rippling out represent this.

Just amazing how many ways there are to experience this.

Casey

Szaxx

BKR. I was hoping for that answer, I'll expand on variations later.
Kzaal. (The sights and sounds are a future project to upload on YT. Nowhere near ready yet.)
Your comment on the silence before the storm, that simply IS.
The variations will be addressed later, these are well known as I've experienced many over the decades.
P4life. What you posted is fully inline with many others. The silence before the storm again.
Soarin. The wind isn't a persistent parameter. Its almost follows the weather, windy some days others calm. This can be attributed to the speed of the routine. In a fifty second exit, there's many things present one time and not the next. This is part of the investigation too. If a way of reducing these effects can be found, the time spent in trance can be reduced too. The process becomes more efficient giving more 'out time' to explore the NP, that's a possibility to be looked at.
Lightbeam. You mentioned the vibes, that's one subject I'll need help with. I can induce them with massive intent and sleep position but this is sketchy. I simply have never experienced them as a regular part of my abilities.  The noises will be dealt with later. A few surprises for some will result from my experiments. SP is something I feel, I have the ability to snap out of it instantly or so it seems. Further investigation is required later.
Your pre nap experience is noted, the Bedeekin method ( plugging it) is very similar. I'll need to investigate his thread and the replies to find commonalities there too.
AAAAA. The aim is to help everybody with the later stages in projecting. Making a topic with a solid guide, rather than the mixup that's available will benefit all. Too many 'personalised how to's' exist and one that's easy to follow, created from many people at various levels of experience will iron out the creases.
EV. The commonality in your post with others is showing itself too.
There appears to be a silence before the storm. OK on the variations etc. These will be concentrated upon in time. The noises have  been noted too. More on these later. Visuals will be an interesting conversation, these strongly affect the variables and this may be of benefit too.
Bluefire. The voices aspect of the hypnagogic will be interesting. Your input on this will be appreciated when we diversify into a more detailed further investigation. The visuals can be controlled with precision. Its quite possible to create an image with far more detail than what see while awake. Real HD as in some clear cut cases. This also will be dealt with and experiments for all to try to find commonalities in the level of in interaction.
Omcasey. Your comments are showing a great understanding of how it appears to work in a controlled way. Its tailored to your expectations by your own design. Your influence is showing through and the journey is a representation created by you for you.
This  is something along the lines of what I'd like to achieve so everyone can have their personal additions working in their favour consistently. Positive interaction should speed things up for most people and this will be gold for those starting out on their journey.

Kzaal

Sexual tension/increase in sexual desire or libido kicking to focus on something else than projecting is something very common for me.
The sensation often feels better than real sex, but you still need to overcome that in order to project.

Also worth a notion is Stillwater's thread about the Ecstasy of Saint-Theresa often happens in the hypnagogic state. (Physical/Stabbing ecstatic sensation)
(Altho it's quite random and rare for people to experience it, it's there too).

I'm really trying to find as much details as possible here.
Sometimes the ground shakes violently (or so it feels).
Ears popping/cracking.
Sometimes it feels as if something just pulled on one of my foot.
The feeling that you are out but you just stand up physically.
Feeling as if you're having some kind of cardiac arrest or when you think you stopped breathing even if you didn't.

That's all I can remember for now.

sheriff_rango

I'm not sure if this counts because I've never had a conscious projection but I thought I'd join in anyway. :-D

When I'm sleepy there's one 'mini-dream' I nearly always have. I can only recall the last maybe couple of seconds of it before I snap out of it which I always do so again I don't know how helpful it is...

I see a newspaper (sometimes a book) and I hear a voice (sometimes my own) reading aloud. Its in English but the words are usually very random. For a split second I get some awareness and try to read the words myself. The page usually zooms in a little and I read. The words are still random and I think/say/ feel/express in some way that it doesn't make sense. Then I wake up. I was thinking that maybe I could use this in some way but it seems overly complicated.

So that's my little contribution to this thread. :-)

EscapeVelocity

Szaxx,
Chakra activity may be a related phenomenon you might incorporate; whether the theory is believed or not, many experience the attendant sensations; if the theory is discounted, then the sensations certainly fall into the Hypnagogia category.

I don't know about women, but many men experience significant arousal that supposedly relates to root/base chakra activity. In later experiences, the activity appears to move to the heart centre with the accompanying rapid heartbeat sensation. Even later experiences can involve brow chakra/third eye pressure.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Szaxx

Nice addition sheriffR.
You have added another thing based on the whole topic. That is things that recur. The noises certainly do and consistently too. Sights do too, these are far more complex. To fix these you awareness needs increasing a little. Not too much or you'll lose the trance.
EV,
Years ago there was something present in the physical AFTER a night of those clairvoyant dreams. It was the top of my head unscrewing similar to a large coffee jar. Around four inches in diameter. This and other 'effects' were noticed and remembered. They are related to the chakra system and the interactions are still 'noticed' they appear to be working away constantly day and night.
Anyone else have chakra related items?
Let's cover the whole spectrum of the art.

soarin12

The crown and third eye chakras  I notice very strongly the day after an experience, but can be before and during trance as well.

Occasionally there is base chakra activity and maybe heart ? ( I get that warm trickle feeling in my chest sometimes but not the rapid heartbeat feeling)

Kzaal

Quote from: Szaxx on January 24, 2015, 08:31:03
Nice addition sheriffR.
You have added another thing based on the whole topic. That is things that recur. The noises certainly do and consistently too. Sights do too, these are far more complex. To fix these you awareness needs increasing a little. Not too much or you'll lose the trance.
EV,
Years ago there was something present in the physical AFTER a night of those clairvoyant dreams. It was the top of my head unscrewing similar to a large coffee jar. Around four inches in diameter. This and other 'effects' were noticed and remembered. They are related to the chakra system and the interactions are still 'noticed' they appear to be working away constantly day and night.
Anyone else have chakra related items?
Let's cover the whole spectrum of the art.

Well, you made me think that the sound I can hear sometimes can also be as if we were breaking porcelain or a cookie/coffee jar. But not as if it broke in pieces but more like it got broke in one hit. Some kind of a hollow sound, I'm not sure if you've experienced this too but this is common for me.

I don't remember if I experienced anything about "chakra related items", but I can often see white glowing chakra symbols or something resembling to those. They appear very fast tho, and it feels more as if my subconscious was trying to show them to me because I never accorded much importance to them. They feel as if they were flashbacks/glitches appearing quickly. Maybe I should look at those more in details.

Also the "cardiac arrest" feeling I can get seem to be caused by my Solar Plexus. It feels as if it was trying to balance itself with my other chakras by having a surge of energy going swiftly through it often, waking me up in a hurry trying to catch my breath.

I don't want to search to much and give you erroneous or suppositions answers either. So I'll try to focus on this next time I AP.
This is definitely an interesting analysis of the hypnagogic state and I also think it's a subject we should really delve into.
I can't wait to see how our experiences can be similar to each others, I'll be following this thread very closely.

EscapeVelocity

Szaxx,

Ha ha! Just reading your comment and the top of my head started "un-screwing"! I had forgotten that one!

I wonder if that doesn't relate to the admonition of "keeping one's head screwed on straight & tight"?
                                                          -O. Wilde

Szaxx

EV,  :wink: you can hide anywhere, I can find you in the future. Watch out for your next experience or two. I'm in tune again.
Soarin, the heart reaction will increase until it scares you, it did me and its colour is clear perfect green which from my past 1970's is pure healing. If you get these surges send them down through both your arms into a thought of healing anything you desire. It stops after a while. You may use it to solve a riddle we know of. It'll certainly help.
Kzaal, you're in front already lol. I'm taking info from others on different sites too. I'm also waiting to assimilate the info everyone is providing when I get the nod from the NP. Someone/thing is holding me back for now, its presence is around and very good at hiding from me. I'm thinking its a 'watcher' from the NP. That will be interesting if it is. A must post encounter. Reading your post triggered this memory strangely. You mentioned symbols, some that are lost to mankind have meaning above all others, you may find them in the NP but they don't exist on earth. I'm not on my own with these, privacy being respected from other sources.
The crack sound is heard along with others. More later.

I'm next going to expand on one thing in detail, this is where the details can be absorbed, challenged and put into a clear, easy to understand order. Hopefully we'll all agree on most of the commonalities we are finding here.

Anyone wish to add anything else is welcome to do so.
There's something still missing that I haven't recalled yet. From my early days. Perhaps someone just starting out may have the answer to this one.

Thank again everyone for your input.
The bud is almost formed, the flower will open and we can all enjoy its inner beauty.

skeptic

Hi all .
When i start my relaxation AP/LD exercise, within two minutes i feel strong vibrations/buzzing sensations  in my hands , feet .
The vibes then take over my whole body ( with the exception of chest area) . I hear distant constant sounds in my ears (not sure in or out)
If i focus on a sound i get strong sensation (pressure/buzz) in occipital ridge (the back of the head)IT is kind of uncomfortable so i try to focus on darkness.
Visuals come and go . First i would see billions of tiny lights , then round shapes usually blue and green overlapping each other , some other images.
At this point i am relaxed and weightless and ready for astral wind to come and take me. But for some reason i had never been able to project from that state .
IT looks like i was still holding on my physical body somehow and did not let it go. All my successful  projections would go like this : I would just stop doing exercise
(after 20-40 minutes due tiredness/laziness) if i do not see any progression within 10 minutes or so ,then i would  change body position with intention simply to fall asleep. And as soon as i let the process go
the astral wind kicks in right away ( or within 2-3 minutes max) and my whole body ( with the most intense in a back of my head) gets full blow energy vibration and within seconds i am out.