Laxman Light and Sound Machine

Previous topic - Next topic

leavesofgrass

Hey Lionheart. Ok, now that we are in the right place. I have done a lot of research on Laxman v Mindlights (L vs M). Its hard to find good info but you are right in that Craigs blog is awesome. I have asked him a few questions as well so will see what he says. Basically, I view the L as something I can just turn on and start using immediately...it will no doubt get me in a very deep state of relaxation-trance...and then like you I will probably do my phasing exercises right after the L sessions. With the M it looks like you have the flexibility to create highly complex personal sessions...but, do I even need that and do I want to spend the time doing that? Probably not. I would rather just use the L to get me into a deep state and then get on with my phasing since that is what is important to me...not developing all kinds of different entrainment programs. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Also, I have read a lot of your posts on the AP and we share a similar approach to phasing...practice, practice and more practice. It really is pretty easy if you just keep practicing and maintain a relaxed, open mind that is free from fear, doubt and all judgements. I think a lot of people here make this all way more difficult than it has to be.

leavesofgrass

One more thing Lionheart (well, for now anyway!)...I have used HemiSync with good results. I go back and forth between different tracks but lately I like the Going Home series Right of Passage. Monroe doesnt bring you back to C1 at the end...he just dumps you off in F27 at the Park and then you are on your own. It is made for people who are on their deathbed. I like to phase right after listening to this track. One thing I noticed with L is that it doesnt support WAV only MP3...so probably couldnt overlay HemiSync without sacrificing quality, right? Whereas the M allows for both WAV and MP3. Thoughts? And, as an aside I have tinnitus. It feels like HemiSync aggravates my tinnitus. With the L can I use or experiment with some kind of different tone (maybe isochronic or something....I dont know the differences) that will potentially have the same positive impact of entrainment but not aggravate the tinnitus so much. If you have any thoughts on this I would be grateful. Also, I would really appreciate hearing anything and everything you have learned about the L so that I can just sort of pick up with it where you are and get started right away...since we seem to have a similar approach to phasing I figure why not. And since you highly recommend the L I am sure I will probably go with that one...but just want to feel 100% about it. Thanks, again.

Lionheart

With the Laxman you also have the option of writing your own programs. I have did some myself, but find that their presets are much better, especially their perfect synchronization. I have found that I only use their presets now. I was kind of disappointed that I couldn't find more programs to add. I know that all the other units have 30 or more programs, some even 100s, but again I have found that the presets on the Laxman do a great job. I think a lot more programs/downloads would get confusing.
To tell you the truth, I wasn't familiar with the Mindlights until I just went and read Craig's review on them. They look like they are really bulky. I don't know how comfortable they would be. The Laxman goggles are small and lightweight, so you can have them on for long periods of time without being bothered. Craig did give them a great review though. It looks like their added software programs can get quite intensive. I would love to hear from someone else that actually them.
After you make your purchase I would love to hear your opinion of whatever unit you go with.
On your other points here, practice, practice, practice is the key to success. I feel that people make this way harder than it is as well. But they have to learn that for themselves. We can guide them towards succeeding, but they really need to adopt their own techniques. Things became really easy for me after listening and then listening again to all of Thomas Campbell's videos. Once you realize you are not in your body to begin with, it's easy to release your physical focus. But, you really have to unlearn all that you have been taught in your life to do that and that is the hardest part of this! It all comes down to having the proper mindset. Once you have that, there is no limit to what you can see or learn!  :-)
Edit: The Laxman has it's own Binaural Beat/Hemi setting, built right into the main unit.

leavesofgrass

Thanks for your response. I agree the Laxman looks a lot sleeker and probably more comfortable. Although I dont really plan on travelling with my unit so I can be tethered to the computer which is what the Mindlights does. And, the Laxman must eat through those AA batteries pretty quickly, right? With the Mindlights it does look bulky...but, with the padded forehead brace I am sure it is comfortable enough. One thing I noticed with Mindlights is that you can really customize sessions to go longer or shorter. Whereas Laxman is only 20mins, right? YUP, its a tough, tough decision. A piece of me wants the Mindlights so that we can compare and contrast...and then if need be I will just get a Laxman too...heck, take Craigs approach and get them all! So really the Laxman is sleeker, travels easier, etc...and also appears to be fantastically simple...in that you can just use their presets and off you go. And their presets according to you and everything else I have read are really, really good. And that may be all you need anyway. You dont seem to think you need more, right? But do you reach a certain stage where the Laxman has reached is limitations eventually? Along those lines, Craig also reviewed something called the MindWork Station by Transparent Corp http://www.transparentcorp.com/products/mindws/index.php and so maybe if you really want to develop your own in depth stuff you could buy this product, develop away, and then upload your developments to your Laxman? I havent checked if thats possible yet. If so, then that would make the Laxman the clear winner in my mind.

leavesofgrass

Oh, as regards practice, practice and more practice. Frank Kepple is actually the one who really inspired me there. He had been at it something like 25 years...these things take time. Tom Campbell says the same thing...dont expect results in a month or three or six...just keep practicing. So its definitely the major key in my opinion. Kepple and Campbell are my favorites. I have read My Big Toe a few times and it gets better each time. It also makes understanding Franks posts a lot easier because the two approaches, Kepple and Campbell, are very similar. I love the no-fluff aspect. We are just consciousness and that is it. No more and no less. So exactly what you said...as soon as people realize they are consciousness first and everything else is a biproduct....thats when they will start experiencing noticeable results...well, with a lot of practice of course. You need the mindset and the practice. But I suppose we are all on different journeys and for some its easier to just accept that we are consciousness....to each their own. Personally, I think we are all right where we need to be and we just each need to do the best we can with what we have....there is no rush....we have eternity....there are infinite possibilities...we are consciousness. Ok, I went off topic...but seeing as its your post from the start I am hoping you will forgive me...back to the Laxman!

Lionheart

Ok, questions answered in the sequence asked.
Batteries- I have recharged the batteries twice since March of this year.
There is one preset program that goes 40 minutes, but again you can write your own programs any length you wish. I find that I am well on my way to a relaxing Trance in about 5 minutes. So longer programs really aren't needed.
Brain Entrainment has to do with you using the same program repeatedly. That's why you don't need a lot of them here. More variety is just to experience, well more variety.
That last program by Mindstation is free and anyone can use it for i think it is a 30 day trial period. It gives you a chance to try Audio/Video Stimulation for free, but with limited programs. But, you can't upload their program to the Laxman as of now. Possibly in the future. The Laxman website has periodic upgrades to the unit. You also can't use Audiostrobe yet, though that may change as well. You can though with the Proteus, the Procyon and MicroBeat Mini.

leavesofgrass

Great. Thanks. That is encouraging about the batter life. I was thinking due to the high powered lights I would have to change batteries once a week. And I hear you on the variety and entrainment. Its probably just best to stick with the presets they have already created. I am sure they put a lot of time, energy, etc. into coming up with the best combinations. And since I am not a professional brain entrainment composer I might as well leave that up to them...and they can leave the phasing and having fun up to me. As for audiostrobe, I still dont really know what that is...but will research it in due time. Thanks again for your time here Lionheart. I appreciate it. I am waiting to hear back from Craig. I basically asked him which machine hed recommend for the number one purpose of consciousness exploration...so lets see what he says. I will let you know as soon as I get a response which I am hoping will be today or tomorrow. Right now I am leaning heavily towards Laxman mainly because you are so happy with it and so I know I wouldnt really have any complaints. And heck...maybe in a year or two that Lucia will come down in price and that will be the next step up from the Laxman. Have a nice evening and we will be in touch.

Lionheart

Quote from: leavesofgrass on September 13, 2012, 01:55:20
Right now I am leaning heavily towards Laxman mainly because you are so happy with it and so I know I wouldnt really have any complaints. And heck...maybe in a year or two that Lucia will come down in price and that will be the next step up from the Laxman. Have a nice evening and we will be in touch.
I am periodically in contact with the company that makes the Lucia 3, otherwise known as the Lucid Light Stimulator. I don't think they will go down on the price any time soon. Right now it is marketed to professionals in their field of study, Psychologists, Doctor/Neurologists, Therapists etc. I'm sure this is so the unit will gain the respect it deserves. I'm sure it would really help the Past Life Regression Therapists as well, but at the price of over $20,000 at the moment, it's basically untouchable to the average everyday consumer. I also understand that the Laxman is out of a lot of people's price range here, but it is really worth the money, at least that's my opinion and other people's that have tried my unit.

Stillwater

Marketing to the healthcare industry is one way to ensure skyrocketted profits though. It is a well-known fact that people have a built-in expectation that medicine should be expensive, and thus anything associated with it is therefore expensive. I highly doubt that the unit which costs 20,000 USD to purchase costs a tenth of that to manufacture.

There are many things at high price marks that have justified reasons for being there; for instance, a pedal-harp sells for 12,000 - 25,000 USD generally, and the reason is the extreme amount of labor to build them with the current tools; just to build the pedal-mechanism alone is around 4000 USD of labor, because harps are so few that industrial machines have never been built to automate that process.

But I think this may be one case of pricing by the consumer's expectation of just costs; that is what happens in college textbooks: people have the expectation that "college is expensive", and thus they are prepared to spend absurd amounts of money on texts which should cost a third of what they are marked at.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Lionheart

I agree with you Stillwater. But with this new device they wish you to go to them for a full training session before you can purchase their unit. That in itself says serious people only!
I did hear of one doctor/psychologist from California that has one in his office and uses it with extremely favorable results. I'll stick with my Laxman for now although I can still dream!  :-) I would love to personally just try it to see what all the hype is about. They put years of research into it's development. I hear people here all the time that wish there was a way new people could experience a fully conscious OBE, I think they might have the key.

leavesofgrass

Ok Lionheart I just ordered the Laxman...its official. I used a company out of Berlin. Hope they are reputable. They seem to be. Now I will be checking the post with excitement every single day. Do you have any tips for me as I get started? Right now my schedule is that I wake up at 4am every day, I do the Wave 1 HemiSync CD and sometimes the Going Home Right of Passage HemiSync...I will do those a couple of times in a row to kind of get into it all...then at the end I turn off all the gadgets and just sit and phase. For some reasons I get vibrations every single morning....they always happen....and then when they reach their peak I end up phasing somewhere. So I can pretty much phase at will....although I dont have the control yet to know where I am going or what I am doing. But, my environments are always very stable and 100% clear as if I was there in full, waking C1 consciousness. So I work on my phasing daily from about 4-8am...and sometimes I take Saturdays off...other than that this is very important to me and I am consistent. How would you suggest I work the Laxman into all of this? Of course, I will find my own rhythm with it, but I am curious how you approach each day using the Laxman and your phasing in general.

leavesofgrass

Also, I remember Frank saying in a post that within the not too distant future (20 years he said and that was in 2005 or something) they would have light and sound machines that make phasing almost a normal, every day thing...kind of like a hobby or a sport or whatever. He said this would happen as the world catches on to the new physics as he called it...where science finally accepts that everything is made of one thing...and that one thing is consciousness...and we are that. I think you can find all of this around page 1000 in Xanths Franks posts PDF...anyways, I think the Laxman is what he is talking about to some small degree...and then probably the Lucia to a much larger degree. I will work with the Laxman for the next 6-12 months while I also work on my phasing in general. At some point when I feel I have enough experience and have reached a high enough degree of control working with myself and the Laxman....well, then I will upgrade to the Lucia. It is obviously very expensive but well worth the money if its an option...what I would like to do is set it up within a specially built sensory deprivation room in my home...then that is when the mapping of these other dimensions can really begin. That is my goal anyway...that is what fuels my passion. And so I say all of this because if and when I buy the Lucia you will be more than welcome to come to my home and use it. Ok, gotta eat dinner...basmati rice and home grown veggies...as per my main man Frank.

Lionheart

When you get it, you should make it your center of focus for now. Make an entirely new section in your log for any results pro or con that you find. You have used your other techniques well. Right now I would just focus on putting the other stuff away and using your natural ability to meditate. You can mess around with visuals if you like. I used to and sometimes still do, kick a hacky sac ball or shoot a basketball hoop while just sitting in 3D Darkness/Greyness area. You will find that by doing this you can start up a whole scenario that kind of morphs from your chosen starting point.
I have to give Frank Kepple a lot of credit as well. I read that over 1000 post PDF 3 times. There is a lot of great info to be found there. I think the Laxman is a great unit to get you to focus outside of your body, it is fantastic at relaxing you. But I think the Lucia 3 is the real deal that Frank was talking about. The things I have heard from very brief sessions with it are outstanding. I will say that ever since I have started using the Laxman that my whole persona has calmed down quite a bit. I am much more relaxed and even stressful things that occurred while a Merchant at the Minnesota State Fair, like all our product showing up 1 day before the show, didn't seem to bother me at all. Usually it takes a whole week just to price and unwrap everything in that order previous to the fair. Arriving 1 day before created a lot of problems, but cool heads prevailed!  :-)

leavesofgrass

Thanks. That is what I will do. I will keep up on the meditation, throw in some visualizations here and there to keep up with that...but generally focus on the Laxman. I can imagine how it helps remove all physical sensory awareness pretty quickly...and I am excited about that because that is a very, very important first step toward phasing. Well, I will let you know when it arrives and I will post some updates in this forum so that I can share my experience with the Laxman with you and with anyone else who is interested in perhaps getting one. I can imagine how much the Laxman calms you down and relaxes you. I mean, just for relaxation and destressing alone it must be a huge, huge benefit to have the Laxman. Also, I am excited to try it for light theraphy living in Sweden and getting virtually no sun for 4 months of the year. Sounds like your state fair experience was a real testament to the power of the Laxman! I agree that the Franks posts PDF is awesome. I would encourage all beginners to read that thing over and over again. Over the next year or so I am going to work toward summarizing that PDF...and maybe putting together a very detailed FRANK FAQ for other users who dont have the time like I do to read thousands of pages several times. I think you are right, that the Lucia is the first model of what Frank was talking about. And I cant imagine how that is going to change the world. Sure there will always be pros and cons...but its a natural part of our evolution as a species so in the end I think the pros will outweigh the cons. I will you keep you posted. Cheers.

leavesofgrass

Hi Lionheart. I just heard back from CraigT at AVS reviews. He says that the mindlights is actually a better light and sound machine than the Laxman. And he says the mindlights software is comparable to any separate high end composing software. So he highly recommended the mindlights. I share this with you only because I said I would let you know what he said. With that, I already ordered the Laxman and still feel great about it. I will be doing a bit of travelling over the next year or so and the Laxman will be pretty ideal for that. And, the mindlights is a bit cheaper than the Laxman so its not unreasonable to say maybe after a few months of experimenting with the Laxman, get the mindlights, and see how that goes too. But a big part of me thinks the Laxman will be just fine. Actually, better than fine. As regards the Laxman, the mylaxman.com site doesnt appear to have anywhere to download Laxedit and the extra MP3 titles...where do you download your Laxedit? Also, upon receiving the Laxman...what tracks do you recommend? I am thinking the Theta tracks but would like to hear what you think. Also, do you go eyes open or closed? Thanks, again. LoG

Lionheart

Hello again. I wouldn't want to be tied to the computer via Mindlights, that's why I like the laxman, totally portable. I am also not computer savvy, so the easier the better,  lol. You will get a book with your Laxman that has all the info you need. But, you can download the Lax edit program from the home site right now. This will take you there. http://mylaxman.com/shop/Downloads:_:12.html
All the tracks are good, it really depends on what you are in the mood for. It's good to try all of them first then make your own opinion based on that.
Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

leavesofgrass

Thanks, Lionheart. Appreciate the link. Ordered the Laxman from Neurotronics in Berlin. Do they manufacture the Laxman? Looks like they do but I couldnt tell. Anyways, I got a great price from them so I would recommend them to anyone looking into buying a Laxman. Ok so I have a few more questions if thats alright. Right now I do my phasing in the early mornings 4 or 5am to 7 or 8am because my body is very relaxed and I have no worries at that time of the day...so conditions are ideal. Whenever I try and phase in the afternoon I find it much more difficult. Do you find that with the Laxman you can use it in the afternoon to basically get your body so relaxed is as if you just woke up at 4 or 5am? That would be a great benefit because then I could continue with my "traditional" practice in the early mornings...but then add the Laxman to the afternoon sessions and maybe even evening sessions. I am just curious how long it takes you to get into a fully mind awake body asleep state using the Laxman any time of day. Also, I got a really cool program from CraigT at AVS called Brain Form. It is free and it offers a lot of different variations...you should look it up on Google or on his site and we can both try it and compare notes. He says its great for exploring altered states. Only problem is it only works with WAV files and I believe Laxman only does MP3, right? But you could set the Laxman to light show only and then hook headphones up to the computer where you play Craigs BrainForm WAV file and do the two together that way. Cheers, LoG   

Lionheart

Hi, you can use the Laxman anytime, anywhere. You will have to see how you feel after you try it yourself. I can see you are excited right now, but try to contain yourself until it arrives. I find I can hit a good trance level in about 5 minutes with it. But, I have been using it for months now. Last night I experimented with thought=action, after I was about 5 minutes into a session. My first thought was shooting a basketball into a hoop. I saw the basketball, shot it and all of a sudden it morphed into a blazing fireball as it shot across the sky, lol. I have never never had that happen before. I then tried to create a tranquil river side scene and that morphed into the water becoming rainbow colors and flowing and moving in really strange motions, unlike the usual river current. It seems that everything I put my intent on creating, morphed into something completely unexpected. It was a lot of fun and I need to start doing more of this. The colors and sequences of the lights were somehow coordinating themselves with my intended visuals. It was surreal to say the least.
Normally during a Laxman session I just allow the colors and light patterns to take on their own shapes and designs. Kind of like what we do in "noticing". That was the first time I had ever created my own intent while using it and it was one of the best times I have had with my Laxman yet.

leavesofgrass

Thanks, Lion. As always I appreciate your willingness to share your experiences with me and the others who are following along. Well, it will be here in a few days and I will start playing with it right away. After which I will post some of my first reactions and experiences so that others who may one day read this post and are considering buying a Laxman...well, then they will have a couple of reviews to go from. Yours and Mind. I know yours was helpful for me so I am hoping my review can be helpful for others. As I firmly believe that this is the way of the future. Have a nice weekend!

Astralsuzy

That must be exciting for you.  I bet you cannot wait until you get it.  I hopes it goes very well for you.  I am looking forward hearing about how it went.

leavesofgrass

Thanks AstralSuzy! I am really looking forward to it. I promise to write some reviews just as soon as I have had some time with it. It should be delivered this Wed or Thurs...so perhaps I will do one review on my very first experience or two....and then another review after using it for a week or two...and then periodic reviews based on how it all develops. My main goal with this is to help spread the information on these AVS (audio visual stimulation) machines like the Laxman so that people can try them for themselves and see if they in any way assist consciousness exploration. Cheers, LoG

leavesofgrass

Hi Everyone. Just received the Laxman today. Wow, that was fast. Ordered it from Neurotronics in Berlin and they had to me in Sweden within 5 business days of purchase. Also, they were very friendly and helpful throughout the entire process so I would highly recommend them to anyone who is interested in buying the Laxman.

Ok so I just took it out of the box about 2 hours ago. My first impression was WOW. This thing is high quality. A nice solid steal casing for the MP3 player and the light goggles are very sturdy. You can tell that Zie Germans manufactured this thing...nothing beats German engineering in my opinion. Now you can add Laxman to the Porsche and BMW families...Ok, so I sound like I work for Laxman but I promise I am just a regular guy who ordered the Laxman because Lionheart was so passionate about it.

I havent had much time to play with it. I managed to do my very first session and it was the Deep Relaxation Reload session. The first 2 minutes I was a bit stressed and nervous because the lights are intense if you have never used this kind of thing before...which I hadnt. But after after the first few minutes I managed to settle down and go with the flow...and WOW. The soundtrack was very cool and super relaxing and the lights just put you into another world. The whole track is 30mins...and I would say that by about the 20th minute I was almost into sleep paralysis....sitting in my chair with back straight up! I sat like that to make sure I didnt doze off and it worked. I have never been in such a state of mind awake body asleep so quickly and easily. And I am sure it will happen even faster the next time because I wont be as  nervous in the beginning.

So this is just the first write up. In the coming days and weeks I will post more after I have had some time to use it and familiarize myself with more of the tracks. But so far I would say its definitely worth the money if you can swing it.

Regards,
LoG

Lionheart

Quote from: leavesofgrass on September 20, 2012, 12:34:28
Hi Everyone. Just received the Laxman today. Wow, that was fast. Ordered it from Neurotronics in Berlin and they had to me in Sweden within 5 business days of purchase. Also, they were very friendly and helpful throughout the entire process so I would highly recommend them to anyone who is interested in buying the Laxman.
That's true, they were very helpful through the entire process. Before I purchased mine, I had sent them e-mails inquiring about different things. I am jealous though, mine took 6 weeks to get here.
I'm glad you bought one, now I have someone else that will be able to help me with questions I have. The biggest so far being that I meditate quite a bit, just regular meditation. But when I use the Laxman I get a depth in less than 5 minutes that regular meditation would take me over an hour to hit. I am wondering if somehow the Light/Sound combination is releasing the chemical DMT that is found in our Pineal Glands. For some reason it takes me less than 5 minutes to start feeling the onset of Sleep Paralysis when I use my Laxman. After that 5 minute period, I am normally well in trance mode and thought=action is magnified. There must be some kind of trigger in our consciousness that light produces. I have tried to stay aware in the process of going to sleep many times. the last thing I remember before I hit the asleep period is a white sometimes grey smoky screen. More intense than when I am Phasing. But I can never remember anything past that. Most of the people that I had try my Laxman were asleep in about 10 minutes. When they awoke, they told me that at first the lights were intense and hard to get use to, but then all of a sudden they were calm. The first 2 minutes seemed to be the most trying for them.

todd421757

Quote from: Lionheart on September 20, 2012, 19:50:07
I am wondering if somehow the Light/Sound combination is releasing the chemical DMT that is found in our Pineal Glands.

I have tried to stay aware in the process of going to sleep many times. the last thing I remember before I hit the asleep period is a white sometimes grey smoky screen. 

That is a very good question about the light from the Laxman releasing the DMT and initiating the lucid dream sequence.

This would also explain the white light at the end of the NDE tunnel may also initiate the DMT release?

For some reason, I either get blackness when staying aware while falling asleep or I see a golden radiance, but never a white light.

Lionheart

I think it might trick your mind into hitting that next level. If it does, it is definitely a short cut to NPR scenarios.