Laxman Light and Sound Machine

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionheart

Here is a great link with a personal review of the LuciaN 03. On the bottom of the article you will find a video showing the Lucia in action. Sorry it's not in English, but the visuals make up for that.  :wink:
http://creatabot.co.uk/2012/09/23/lucia-n03-the-lamp-of-inspiration-by-natasha-steer/

leavesofgrass

Great video, Lion! Thanks for sharing!

By the way, is there someone out there who speaks German who can translate this short 9 minute video and then post the translation here in this forum?

Thanks.

njanicki

First post on this forum... fascinating posts.

I have experience with Float pods (aka sensory deprivation tanks) and found similar experience within the pods. I would be hugely interested in combining these two technologies.

Imagine a completely weightless environment, you cannot feel your body in the pod after a few minutes and then blame turn on the Lucia. I think you would blast off. The potential is quite extraordinary.

still reading and researching the light/sound machine topics and how to integrate them into Float Pod environment.

Great forum... thanks

Lionheart

Hello and Welcome to the Astral Pulse Njanicki!  :-)
LeavesofGrass is planning to combine the two, the Float tank and LuciaN 03 when he opens his Research Center next summer in Sweden. I'm sure it will be a hit!  :-)

Lionheart

Anyone that's new to this concept, take a look at this. This article was found on a search of Audio -Visual Entrainment at this link here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio-Visual_Entrainment This explains the effect that AVS has on the brain.
Evidence of Sensory Effects of AVE

Both Huxley[29] and Walter[30] were among the first to articulate the subjective correlates of photic stimulation. They described subjective experiences of incessantly changing patterns, whose color was a function of the rate of flashing. Between ten and fifteen flashes per second, Walter reported orange and red; above fifteen, green and blue; above eighteen, white and grey. Huxley also described enriched and intensified experiences when subjects were under the effects of mescaline or lysergic acid. In his view, the rhythms of the lamp interacted with the rhythms of the brain's electrical activity to produce a complex interference pattern, which is translated by the brain's perceptual circuits into a conscious pattern of color and movement. Glicksohn also reported on altered states of consciousness from photic driving and its relationship of self-perceived creativity.[31]

Other studies have shown that stimulation can produce both transient and lasting changes in the EEG.[32][33] Collura articulated the relationship between the low-frequency and high-frequency components of the steady-state visual evoked potential as reflecting anatomically and physiologically distinct response mechanisms.

Additional clinical studies explored the use of photic entrainment to induce hypnotic trance,[34][35] to augment anasthesia during surgery,[36] and to reduce pain, control gagging and accelerate healing in dentistry.[37] More recently, the induction of dissociation was explored, which aided the understanding of dissociative pathology and development of better techniques for relaxing people suffering from trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder.[38][39]

Dissociation begins after approximately four to eight minutes from properly applied AVE. A restabilization effect occurs where muscles relax, electro-dermal activity decreases, peripheral blood flow stabilizes, breathing becomes diaphragmatic and relaxed, and heart rates becomes uniform and smooth.[40] Visual entrainment alone, in the alpha frequency range (7–10 Hz), has been shown to easily induce hypnosis,[41] and it has been shown that nearly 80% of subjects entered into either a light or deep hypnotic trance within six minutes during alpha AVE.[42] AVE provides an excellent medium for achieving an altered state of consciousness.[43]

leavesofgrass

Yes, like Lion said, that is my goal with the research institute in Sweden. I want to outfit floating machines with the Lucia light machine to combine the experience. And like you said, I do think it will ead to instant and repeatable blast off. Please, continue to research and share your findings in this forum. Thanks.

And Lion, thanks for posting that interesting article regarding AVS and brainwaves. Very interesting and helpful indeed!

Bedeekin

I will be getting myself a Laxman soon Lion. I have got to try this gizmo out.

leavesofgrass

You should do that Bedeekin. Right now we are doing some test writing our own programs for the Laxman and seeing what kind of experiences it all leads to. The more people on this forum that get the Laxman and start writing their own programs...we can all share and it will be great. Heck, we would at that point probably start a whole new section for AVS where we can share our programs, etc. Cheers.

Lionheart

It really is quite helpful. Last night I was doing circles around my physical body that was sitting comfortably in a chair. I am just starting to scratch the surface of the possibilities this brings for quick APs. I am glad others are seeing this as well now. I have been trying to keep a lot of my experiments to myself, since I was the only one that was understanding what I was seeing and doing all the time. But now, more people can join in the fun. Yes it's cheating, you really are cutting out your natural ability to do this. But, if it gives new people just a glimpse of how fascinating the NPR is, then it's worth it.  :-)

Bedeekin

Hmmm.... has anyone tried to back engineer one of these?

I could throw one at the guys at work... electrical engineers who work for the movie industry.

Make cheaper products. They are just sequenced LED lights.

Astralsuzy

Quote from: Lionheart on November 01, 2012, 03:29:44
Yes it's cheating, you really are cutting out your natural ability to do this. But, if it gives new people just a glimpse of how fascinating the NPR is, then it's worth it.  :-)

I do not think it is cheating.  If it helps you to ap, you enjoy it and it makes you feel good then it is worth it to you.  It would be better not to rely on a device if you have a choice.  There are two things about it and that is, it could break down and it may cause epileptic fits with some people.  Everything in life has its negatives and positives.  I do not think you could buy something without a negative.  If we thought like that we would not buy anything at all.  I think it is a great tool to have to help with ap.  I am happy for you.  I hope it will work out for you.

Lionheart

I can AP fine without it. My research is on other's behalf. I believe if people got a taste or brief tease of the NPR that that alone might just give their awakening a jump start. That alone would have serious positive results!  :-)

Astralsuzy

I know Lionheart.  You said it before.  I think you are wonderful in wanting to help people like that.  I am wondering why does it mean a lot to you that people can ap and they can see for themselves what it is like.  Why do you want to spent a lot of money and time wanting to help people to ap?  As I said I think you are wonderful in doing it.  I am sure people appreciate what you are doing.

Lionheart

Quote from: Bedeekin on November 01, 2012, 04:42:20
Hmmm.... has anyone tried to back engineer one of these?
I could throw one at the guys at work... electrical engineers who work for the movie industry.
Make cheaper products. They are just sequenced LED lights.
My take on this is that "back engineering is fine when done to lets say an extra terrestrial vehicle or the technology found inside of it, since I believe that's the sole reason it was "sacrificed" in the first place. But I find it strictly "out of bounds" when it is done on a Patented Device from a small growing company like the ones that create the Laxman. We are also a small company, just Ma and Pa, but we hold our business ethics high as a high priority. We have had other people copy our products, so we understand what it feels like.
The technology behind the device is not new at all. There are a number of AVS devices on the market now and even more in he making. People have been doing this using the sun glare through trees for eons. Craig on his website does an excellent job telling you the pros and cons plus what makes each machine special or unique from the rest of them.

Lionheart

Quote from: Astralsuzy on November 01, 2012, 06:50:04
I know Lionheart.  You said it before.  I think you are wonderful in wanting to help people like that.  I am wondering why does it mean a lot to you that people can ap and they can see for themselves what it is like.  Why do you want to spent a lot of money and time wanting to help people to ap?  As I said I think you are wonderful in doing it.  I am sure people appreciate what you are doing.
Why, because once they get a glimpse of what is really important, it will change their entire "being". We always talk about change, well here is a way that we can jumpstart that process. We all came to this site for the first time because something occurred that was out of the ordinary to us, something that peaked our interest, that we had to find answers for. I made a vow to myself years ago to help others in any way I can. I really do realize this world is about other, not self.
I don't have a lot of money, so giving to charities is not an option. I have a lot of time on my hands due to my chronic pain. Healing and helping others, heals me also!  :-)

Bedeekin

Quote from: Lionheart on November 01, 2012, 11:40:50
My take on this is that "back engineering is fine when done to lets say an extra terrestrial vehicle or the technology found inside of it, since I believe that's the sole reason it was "sacrificed" in the first place. But I find it strictly "out of bounds" when it is done on a Patented Device from a small growing company like the ones that create the Laxman. We are also a small company, just Ma and Pa, but we hold our business ethics high as a high priority. We have had other people copy our products, so we understand what it feels like.
The technology behind the device is not new at all. There are a number of AVS devices on the market now and even more in he making. People have been doing this using the sun glare through trees for eons. Craig on his website does an excellent job telling you the pros and cons plus what makes each machine special or unique from the rest of them.

OMG... It shows how totally innocent and naive I was about it.. I didn't actually mean 'cheaper' as in to sell on the market... I used the wrong wording... I meant so people can get a chance to use one on here... made to order... with just the cost of materials... that would probably come to under £30... hand made... it would take a week to make one. I would be making no profit from this. 

The laxman obviously uses very simple tech and no doubt 'off the shelf' housings/goggles and headphones... they could make it so much more cheaper. Copying is usually elicited because of over-expensive goods.

Anyway... never mind... it was just an idea to help the community. 

Lionheart

My bad! That was my personal interpretation. No problem. Bedeekin, I know you are an artist as well, so you would understand wanting to protect your work/investment too.
Carry on!  :-)

Edit: The Ganzfeld effect technique found here http://web-us.com/ganzfeld.htm is probably the cheapest way to simulate the effect of a AVS unit. All you need is an accompanying Binaural Beat/Isochronic Tone MP3 and even that isn't a must.

Bedeekin

Also my bad really... I should have made it clearer the first time.  :-)

Thanks for the link, this is probably better information than what can be gleaned from deconstructing £180 worth of tech. lol

Dreamshards

Quote from: Lionheart on November 01, 2012, 13:04:30

Edit: The Ganzfeld effect technique found here http://web-us.com/ganzfeld.htm is probably the cheapest way to simulate the effect of a AVS unit. All you need is an accompanying Binaural Beat/Isochronic Tone MP3 and even that isn't a must.

Has that worked for you? That is quite interesting I might have a try.

Cue

I have been using the Laxman and done various sessions, this is one of the best purchases I've done. My older brother has also used it and definitely wants one now since it helps alter his moods quickly from stressed to relaxed (He has high blood pressure). I have been using the Laxman with a pemf machine that I had purchased, together they make a perfect combination.

Now to the interesting part...

My wife has also been using it a few times here and there but not nearly as much as I. Last week early Monday morning we went together for a long drive, so I decided to take the Laxman along. She drove to our destination and I did a couple of sessions (Underwater, and Didgeridoo), as always they were relaxing and helpful. On the way back I drove so she decided to do a session, she also chose the Underwater since she had done it before and liked it. She mentioned that she wanted to try and keep her eyes opened a little more through the session, but 2 minutes into it we were passing by something I wanted her to see so I stopped the Laxman since it was only 2 minutes in(She didn't mind, and said she was already feeling relaxed). After I showed her what I wanted her to see she started her session again, after 10 minutes into it I notice slight hand movements, my first thought was wow she must really be enjoying the experience. Then about 14 minutes into it she suddenly takes off the headset pulls up her goggles looks up for a second and closes her eyes for about 30 seconds. At that point I'm thinking that the session was to intense for her to finish it all the way through. Then she opens her eyes and looks down at the goggles, and starts asking what happened. I look at her and there's a state of confusion on her face, I quickly respond and say, " What do you mean what happened?... What do you think happened?...". She still has a puzzled look on her face and can't answer any question correctly, and then all of a sudden it hits me, I had dabbled in hypnosis A few years back and she clearly showed signs of someone that broke out from hypnosis with out fully waking up the mind. I started asking questions to test long term and short term memory for most part all her short term memory such as what she did the prior day was gone, and even some long term such as her name, although other long term memory was still there such as who I was and my name. I remained collected even though she was starting to look worried I told her she had to sit back, close her eyes and relax for just a bit so she can regain her memory, so she did. I walked her through it as you would to someone that's hypnotized. She started to look more relaxed as I went through it, but after a bit in it she snapped out again, so I started asking more questions which I seen she had gained more recollection but still not fully there. I then told she had to relax again so I can help fully awaken her mind, so she relaxed, and I walked her through it. The whole ordeal must of lasted about thirty minutes, but everything turned out fine at the end. After the whole thing she said she had a headache positioned in the cerebral cortex portion of the head, and I could feel her frontal lobes throbbing when I put my fingers on them. Thankfully my wife's a good sport and we both don't think the experience is as bad as it sounds, and she's still willing to try it again, but just at home. I recommend to use precaution while using the Laxman every brain is different, and you can't know how intense the experience will be for any particular mind.

Lionheart

Wow, that is quite the story Cue. Thank You for sharing that. I have found on a couple of programs that I needed to lighten the intensity as well. Just like you say, everyone is different. It says in the instructions that after a couple of minutes you may need to lighten the intensity, especially for someone that isn't used to it.
You had mentioned in your previous post that your wife had liked it as well. What do you think changed here? Do you think it might have been a combination of real time motion (car moving) + the Laxman program? I would turn down the intensity right away until she adapts to it. You can also lessen the frequency or start with a program that uses Beta waves. The Beta wave programs are the ones that are recommended for open eye sessions.
Vibrations is very relaxing, that's a great place for her to get used to it again, although it is 40 minutes long.
Leaves and I have both created our own White Light sessions in Lax-edit. Leaves is 1 hour, whereas mine is only 30 minutes. I have it in color too, but prefer the white lights. If you would like me to email you a copy, send me a PM.
Please keep us updated on any new developments or unique experiences!  :-)

Cue

I was leaning towards the motion also, but it could also be in the individual it's self. Something else that was different was some pills I ran into while doing research on effects of magnetite and the brain/body they're called the magnetic pill, it contains magnetitum extract with some other nootropics. While I knew that the makers were over exaggerating the effects of the product, I decided to give them a try since they weren't really over priced. I myself don't feel much when I take them except for a little better focusing ability which I supposed B-12 can do the same, but my wife recently stopped taking them because they made her feel a little dizzy (I don't know maybe I'm naturally smart j/k). She recently tried the Laxman again and everything went fine, but she said that she gets a feeling like if it sucks her in. The funny part is that a friend said the same thing when he tried them for about 10 minutes. I believe that the Laxman definitely has the ability to put one in a hypnotic trance, which is not a bad thing at all. I had read that theta waves can be healing for the body, and alpha waves help expand the mind (here's a good article on it http://healing.about.com/od/theta/a/poweroftheta.htm). As you have mentioned before, I think the next step is to get an EEG device to help monitor the brain waves before and after a session, the Emotiv neuroheadset might be the best bet  http://www.emotiv.com/store/hardware/epoc-bci-eeg/developer-neuroheadset/ , it might make my Christmas list. I think a good goal would be to have the ability to switch between brain waves with out the use of the Laxman throughout the day. I also have hypnosis mp3 tracks if anyone would like to load some on their Laxman, just pm me.

Lionheart

Quote from: Cue on November 13, 2012, 18:53:06
The funny part is that a friend said the same thing when he tried them for about 10 minutes. I believe that the Laxman definitely has the ability to put one in a hypnotic trance, which is not a bad thing at all. I had read that theta waves can be healing for the body, and alpha waves help expand the mind (here's a good article on it http://healing.about.com/od/theta/a/poweroftheta.htm).
We are finding that the Light/Sound, most likely the Light, could be responsible for releasing DMT from the Pineal Gland. It may be that your wife is consciously Phasing into the Astral/NPR without even realizing it. She could be so deep that there is no memory recall of what she is seeing at all.
There are many articles written that say that the Theta Waves are where our body does heal and finds the rejuvenation it needs to wake up fresh the next day.
Have you tried the Pulse Session, Create Theta?  it's a good one!  :-)

j360

Thanks for the review. I just ordered the laxman yesterday, if I like it I might also get the mindlights system.

I'm decent at AP, LD'ing, and phasing since I just set my intention, meditate for about 10min, I then let myself fall asleep and my mind snaps awake later in either focus 10 or a dream.  However, I'm not good at physical / mental relaxation, getting to a trance state, visualizations, or remaining conscious during a projection attempt so I'm hoping the laxman will help in those areas.   

Lionheart

Quote from: j360 on December 03, 2012, 20:17:24
I'm decent at AP, LD'ing, and phasing since I just set my intention, meditate for about 10min, I then let myself fall asleep and my mind snaps awake later in either focus 10 or a dream.  However, I'm not good at physical / mental relaxation, getting to a trance state, visualizations, or remaining conscious during a projection attempt so I'm hoping the laxman will help in those areas.   
I have a good feeling you are going to LOVE the Laxman. It will relax your mind and body and put you in a full deep Trance in under 20 minutes. A couple of us here have written a few of our own Laxman programs that we would be delighted to share with you. Just PM me if you are interested!  :-)

I would give the Laxman a fair chance before ordering the Mindlights too. Just my personal opinion!