Three questions about sleep paralysis

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

Okay okay, I think I have the basic idea of how to get into SP now. I know it's not the only way to do it but the last two times I had involuntary sleep paralysis I could easily slip into an OBE after, so I'm trying that again, but two questions:

1. When I woke up this morning, I laid on my side and I got a massive urge to roll over but I ignored it with the intention of going into SP but instead I fell asleep, is that a sign that it technically worked?

2. Will the intention to AP alone keep my mind awake?

3. My hands don't exactly know where to lie, I like to sleep on my side and the roll-over urge only really comes over me when I sleep on my side, but I don't know how to position my arms without it using unnecessary muscle or touching my skin.

Basically I just need a method of knowing how to keep my mind awake.

Lionheart

Quote from: Jdeadevil on March 21, 2013, 19:30:58
Basically I just need a method of knowing how to keep my mind awake.
Well I can answer this one.

Try to keep your mind busy. Create a scenario, write your script. Create a walkthrough. Anything that keeps your mind busy, while your physical body sleeps. ALLOW it to consume you.

You won't fall asleep if you can keep your focus on your chosen task.

Jdeadevil

But I'll still noticed it if I become too distracted by my busy mind won't I?

Lionheart

Quote from: Jdeadevil on March 21, 2013, 20:16:29
But I'll still noticed it if I become too distracted by my busy mind won't I?
You won't need to, the next thing you know is you will be there!

Why focus on hitting "sign posts, when you can go so much farther!  :?

Jdeadevil

Because I'll be in a lucid dream, and I've never managed to be conscious enough to go OBE from a lucid dream :P

Lionheart

This could be if you lost consciousness, fell asleep. But if you haven't, you will shift consciously aware into the NPR.

Both take place in the same place, just with different levels of awareness.

Jdeadevil

Oh okay, what does NPR stand for again?

Lionheart

Bedeekin

Quote from: Jdeadevil on March 21, 2013, 19:30:58
Okay okay, I think I have the basic idea of how to get into SP now. I know it's not the only way to do it but the last two times I had involuntary sleep paralysis I could easily slip into an OBE after, so I'm trying that again, but two questions:

You clearly don't get the basic idea about how to get into SP... or you wouldn't be asking the questions.

The only thing you need to do to allow yourself to get into SP is to take a nap prior to attempting. If you are doing it on a night take a short nap an hour before attempting. Job done.  :-)

Jdeadevil

Am I right in assuming you're saying it's normal to struggle without a prior sleep?

Bedeekin

Absolutely. You will just fall asleep... or lay there getting frustrated.

The nap or pre-sleep is the foundation of the Wake Back To Bed method. It primes you for tipping your awareness consciously into REM-atonia... in other words SP.

But... like Lionheart said, you don't need to have SP to get there. SP is a quick way into the right state but you will end up thinking you need to rely on it. It's what I've used for nearly 30 years.. I can't complain... it's worked for me so I don't mind 'promoting' the SP method.

I used to take a nap between 7 and 9pm... wait an hour or so then go to bed. I would lay there, generally on my back (but that's not essential) then I would repeat my name over and over in my head... or I would imagine I could hear a conversation and was trying to listen to what was being said. I would lose concentration and realise my mind was wandering off... so I would instantly bring my attention back to repeating my name or listening.... after a few minutes of this I would get a rush of relaxation and little spasms of rumbling in my ears and I would hear my name loudly as though it was spoken to me... then I would 'switch' into SP and onto the roller-coaster.

Jdeadevil

That's interesting, so you were imagining your name being repeated to you but then it was as if somebody was actually repeating your name? I'm totally WBTB'ing tonight, lol!

Thanks for the advice guys! :D

Jdeadevil

Hey guys your advice works, thanks! I laid there and just as expected, I experienced a really deep sinking feeling, and then felt like I was tipping towards a position where I was lying on my back, and then rolled over to face the wall (which I wasn't when in the physical), and then slowly started spinning. Tried to exit, or at-least escape astral blindness, but accidentally moved my physical body. Should have gone to astral specsavers, or more seriously, should have done it via thought. Was exciting!

I heard Steve G. Jones talking about the Rockafellers when I was falling though, and it faded out, what's that about?

Bedeekin

Congrats.

I don't know what the weird little sound-bites are when drifting into SP. Sometimes it's like tuning into a radio station.

Jdeadevil

Thanks. :)

And haha, I was trying to do what you did with repeating but it made me feel mentally out-of-breath so I decided to just imagine myself walking down a road or something random.

I'm going to keep at this