Not sure if I'm having lucid dreams or OBE's

Previous topic - Next topic

AntiDash

Usually when I wake up and go back to sleep, I get a lot of lucid dreams and sleep paralysis. I'm not sure if I'm having obe's or not, but during sleep paralysis I find myself sometimes waking up in random areas of my house or sometimes in entirely different places altogether in the out of body state, and not just in my bedroom. I've had the obe blindness before, bounced around my room on many occasions, been able to walk sometimes and float at other times, and one time I looked in the mirror and noticed I had a third eye, only it was beside my left eye on the side of my face.... I can also fly through walls but I find myself trapped in blackness if I do so. Also, things in my house and outside don't look entirely true to how they actually are, so I think it could just be a vivid lucid dream. But it does seem much more real than a lucid dream, almost like a physical space, where as lucid dreams seem less stable. I can also meet and have very detailed conversations with people I know in real life, and there's also things that mess with me during the experience. Like opening doors, moving things around in my house, and sometimes I meet complete strangers who are always silent and frozen like statues. The strangest of all was one time I hung upside down on a lamp post, and slid down it into the ground and kept sliding down it like some kind of ride...

This probably sounds weird, but I'm very fascinated by all of this and would love some insight!

Xanth

They're both projections... so it doesn't matter.  Just enjoy them.  :)

Lionheart

Congratulations AntiDash, it looks like you have opened up your "doorway" to the Non Physical Reality. All methods/techniques point towards this same goal/journey. Enjoy your stay!  :-)
Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

Contenteo

Well, you have a heck of a loaded question written there, and unfortunately, me saying OBE, lucid dream ain't going to solve it. In short, a lucid dream could be considered a type of OBE. It gets a little more complicated then that and there are differing schools of thought with different definitions, so I'll leave all the naming to your own research.

As for your experiences...yeah!...that's all pretty normal standard run of the mill OBE fun, it sounds like you are absolutely experiencing the phenomenon.

The best insight I could give you would be to read ALL around this site. Delve a couple of years back and read some of the posts. This stuff is thousands+ years old. Don't think a couple years back is irrelevant, just a different community.

Cheers,
Contenteo

roman67

It seems like an OBE.  When you realize that you are dreaming that is called lucid dreaming. So, Congrats for your first experience and welcome to AP forums. Feel free to share anything.

TheBest55x

I had two lucid dreams too where i dreamed that i have an obe but im nooooot happy with it .I want a real astral projection with full consciousness.
I dont like to read that this dreams are an obe its disappointe me a bit....

todd421757

Quote from: TheBest55x on September 18, 2012, 20:03:38
I want a real astral projection with full consciousness.

This is a great goal to have. Don't let anyone tell you to settle for less. I wish you the best of luck.

Lionheart

I had two lucid dreams too where i dreamed that i have an obe but im nooooot happy with it .I want a real astral projection with full consciousness.
In your dream were you sleeping soundly in your bed? If not then you were out of your body in a Non Physical Reality. Why should this disappoint you? To have a fully conscious projection you just need to become fully conscious in your Lucid Dream state, then prove it to yourself by creating a new focused intent outside of where your dream already is and go there. You need to experiment and see what will satisfy your own definitions of where you are going or what you are doing. Two Lucid Dreams is a start, but you really need more data than that. Practice getting to that state. Otherwise try to have an Etheric or Phase projection through meditation where you always stay in full control throughout the entire session.

TheBest55x

My plane is to astral projection without a dream. I want to float 2 meters over my body then i want to look at the room and check how it feels to be in this body. But i only want to be out of body for 10-15 Sec in the first obe because i heard that you can loose the memory very easy as a beginner. Then i have a good proof for myself and im happy.

Xanth

A "real"  astral projection...

You've already built up in your mind what a fake astral projection is.   All you've done is limit yourself.

Just enjoy the experience of being consciously aware in a reality different from this one.   Why can't people just be happy with that?   :-)

TheBest55x

Quote from: Xanth on September 19, 2012, 09:38:12
Just enjoy the experience of being consciously aware in a reality different from this one.   Why can't people just be happy with that?   :-)

Cause its not a proof  for me that we are more then our body (these dreams can be in the brain only and they are not very aware )!

Steve G. Jones wrote many books about astral projection he thinks that lucid dreams are only in our head and not real.
And Robert Monroe had some cool experience in the real time zone without dreaming Im jealous  :-D

Volgerle

Quote from: TheBest55x on September 19, 2012, 10:54:58
Cause its not a proof  for me that we are more then our body (these dreams can be in the brain only and they are not very aware )!

Steve G. Jones wrote many books about astral projection he thinks that lucid dreams are only in our head and not real.
And Robert Monroe had some cool experience in the real time zone without dreaming Im jealous  :-D
Isn't S.G. Jones this fake guy that was talked about here elsewhere? Anyway: He is wrong.

Not a single thought of you is "in" your brain. There is no "in" your brain. Consciousness transcends spacetime, so how can it be 'in'side sth? The brain is a receiver of the mind / soul self and also a filter to experience this physical reality, it acts like a radio - switch the channel and you switch the 'reality'. The brain has not "life" of itself. It is a machine, a computer, just like the whole body is a computer. A computer has always a user. And the user is NOT (in) the computer.  8-) :wink:

Monroe developed the concept of "Phasing" in later years. This shows that everything is consciousness applying a certain 'focus'. Dreaming is "in" the astral, it is as 'real' as a lucid projection or as this reality you observe/experience right now when "awake" or "conscious". In dreams it is just your subconscious (or higher self) at the steering wheel of your experiences. Your Higher Mind is complex, much more complex than your downloaded body-mind which is just a tiny little part of your TOTAL SELF. That's why you do not understand dreams. It's like another language about a subject you do not understand anyway. And it transcends linear time. That's why we often do not grasp the meaning of dreams when we remember them. However, when we are dreaming everything is perfect for your dream ego (did you ever notice that? strange, huh?). Later, the subconscious however does "understand" your dream or parts of it on a subtle level.

Lionheart

Quote from: Volgerle on September 19, 2012, 12:36:35
Not a single thought of you is "in" your brain. There is no "in" your brain. Consciousness transcends spacetime, so how can it be 'in'side sth? The brain is a receiver of the mind / soul self and also a filter to experience this physical reality, it acts like a radio - switch the channel and you switch the 'reality'. The brain has not "life" of itself. It is a machine, a computer, just like the whole body is a computer. A computer has always a user. And the user is NOT (in) the computer.  8-) :wink:

Monroe developed the concept of "Phasing" in later years. This shows that everything is consciousness applying a certain 'focus'. Dreaming is "in" the astral, it is as 'real' as a lucid projection or as this reality you observe/experience right now when "awake" or "conscious". In dreams it is just your subconscious (or higher self) at the steering wheel of your experiences. Your Higher Mind is complex, much more complex than your downloaded body-mind which is just a tiny little part of your TOTAL SELF. That's why you do not understand dreams. It's like another language about a subject you do not understand anyway. And it transcends linear time. That's why we often do not grasp the meaning of dreams when we remember them. However, when we are dreaming everything is perfect for your dream ego (did you ever notice that? strange, huh?). Later, the subconscious however does "understand" your dream or parts of it on a subtle level.
Excellent answer Volgerie!  :-) I truly couldn't have said that any better myself. It's easier for people to understand this concept once they realize or are shown, due to their own personal experiences in the NPR, that we aren't in our bodies to begin with. That these are Physical vessels that we use are for accessing our 5 senses or 6 in some cases. That we have these physical vessels so we may learn to experience all different emotions, scenarios etc. that a physical existence would allow us to have. We are here to experience the good, the bad and the ugly!  :-)

TheBest55x

Quote from: Volgerle on September 19, 2012, 12:36:35
Not a single thought of you is "in" your brain. There is no "in" your brain. Consciousness transcends spacetime, so how can it be 'in'side sth? The brain is a receiver of the mind / soul self and also a filter to experience this physical reality, it acts like a radio - switch the channel and you switch the 'reality'. The brain has not "life" of itself. It is a machine, a computer, just like the whole body is a computer. A computer has always a user. And the user is NOT (in) the computer.  8-) :wink:

Yeah you think this because you DONT like the idea that you are your brain.  But 1000  Dr.Dr.Dr.neuroscientists disagree with your opinion.

And a Computer dont need a user The computer can run his programmed tasks until the materie is exhausted . And the pogrammer of the humans can be (maybe) the biological evolution.

but i hope ap can  show me  the truth. I believe in the existence of a soul by 50-60%.

Volgerle

Quote from: TheBest55x on September 20, 2012, 07:51:07
1000  Dr.Dr.Dr.neuroscientists disagree with your opinion.
... 1000 "scientists" that frantically cling to an unlogical DOGMA because it would damage their CAREER if they would not submit to the establishment which bases everything on purely materialistic science.  :wink:

Science is a long process and a paradigm is changing slowly. What is fringe today is mainstream tomorrow. It will still take decades but it will happen and it already is. There are more and more real scientists now 'coming out' with their theories on the unlimited mind and consciousness as the basis of reality.

There is a lot to write and discuss about but I am a little tired of discussing this. Here's just two links on the discussion of backward materialistic science and its dogmas and the forces that young scientists have to undergo.
The first is by Dean Radin, parapsychologist who works according to the scientific method in lab settings, about the "taboo of psi in science", the second is by Sheldrake a 'controversal' biologist about scienific dogma.

Radin (lecture):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw_O9Qiwqew

Sheldrake (skeptiko interview):
http://www.skeptiko.com/184-dr-rupert-sheldrake-sets-science-free-from-dogma/

There are also nowadays many academic physicists, such as Haramein, Campbell, Haisch, Goswami and many more, who have this theory, they are just not being represented in the mainstream media (which is materialistic too).. Many also deal with the role of the brain such as Henry Stapp or Stuart Hameroff whose theory hypothesises a greater role of the microtubules (which are in every cell) in his "Orchestrated Objective Reduction ("Orch OR")"-model. (see: http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/documents/QSoulchap.pdf ). Henry Stapp also links the brain to quantum physics processes performing a kind of 'collapse' into one state from different reality probabilities.

Moreover, early quantum physicists were not at all materialistic, as science is today in an almost religious fashion. Just consider, for example, the famous Max Planck (the Planck length!), one of the "fathers" of quantum physics regarded consciousness as fundamental.

QuoteI regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.
(...)
As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.
- Max Planck

However, after this all being said, I agree with you on your most important point: It is indeed best if you get your OWN validations and proof. For others it possibly remains anecdotal evidence (not scientific) but it is important for the individual as personal proof is best!
Therefore I wish you good luck in your endeavours to find this proof. (Final recommendation: my link below with a large collection of personal and scientific evidence by astral projectors, it's interesting to read and might motivate you a little, it is possibly to get proof!  :-))

AntiDash

Yeah I kinda got excited for that post. And thanks everyone yes I'll read it more into it around here! :D