I think i almost did it

Previous topic - Next topic

Exclip

I was laying on my couch and trying to get into the trance state by just laying there and listening to the humming of the ceiling fan. it was working then i my body felt like it was floating and i felt so relaxed.  then i i tried using the rope technique, it was going good for awhile, but what i noticed was that it wasn't a rope it was a chain. Something i noticed as i was doing this, then i don't know i kept trying but couldn't get out, also  my head started to hurt the more i tried to pull myself up. So i ended it and just layed there for a bit and thought.
Any insight would be appreciated

bounda

i've never used the rope technique but it sounds like if you give it a little more practice, you'll eventually have an obe. usually when i try to imagine something in my head, such as a can of deadorant, itll come out different, maybe a different brand, or not even a can altogether. this could be why it was a chain and not a rope (but im not really sure its just wat i think)

Principle

I've tried a Spinning Technique, which induces strong vibrations throughout my body as well as other sensations. Unfortunetly, I have never been able to achieve a OBE conciously. Nor is it something that I practice in reality. (Even though I have read several books on the subject)

Selski

Hi Exclip

I agree with bounda - more practice and you'll be there. 

I think you need to relax even more before attempting to exit.  From personal experience, I tend to need 2 or 3 levels of relaxation before I know without a doubt that I can leave my body. 

My level 1 is a serious level of relaxation, where I've not only relaxed my body, but also lowered (or relaxed) my mind to such a state that it is having those "nonsense dreamy" thoughts.  This takes A LOT of practice, as this stage is very close to sleep, and 9 times out of 10, I fall asleep.

Stage 2 is where there is a change in awareness.  It's subtle and hard to describe.  The body is no longer sensed and the mind seems to expand slightly.  During this stage, my second arms usually start floating around and I know I'm nearly ready.  However, I also know that to move/try to exit would abort the attempt.  When I get to this stage, I double my level of relaxation and collapse into the feeling, rather than trying to escape from it.  This is key, in my opinion.  It's as if I'm turning in on myself and totally going into hibernation mode, whilst keeping very alert (my mind in this stage is very much awake and focused).

Then stage 4 is when I know I can exit.  I feel very fluid and sense that my second body is merely 'housed' in my physical. 

When this happens, I use the roll out technique as I find it's the easiest for me, and tends to get all of my second body out (I have found that invariably a part of me gets 'stuck' using other methods).

Keep going with the relaxation - it's a lovely thing to do in and of itself.  Try not to think of projection at the end, just enjoy the moment and keep relaxing.  When you think you can't relax any more, start relaxing your mind and tell yourself that you are going to go even deeper. 

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

lily moonsong

I think the rope technique is pretty difficult.  Imagine the rope is connected to a helicopter and it is pulling you out of your body... that would be easier.  Or do a mixture of more than one technique, until you get out.  Get pulled some of the way, climb some of the way, float like steam some of the way, etc...

Exclip

Thnx for the tips, i'm gonna give it another go tonight wish me luck!! hehe

Principle

I recommend using a Falling Technique, instead of Climbing.

lily moonsong

i agree with principle.. falling is easier than climbing.. most people fall out of their body by accident actually...

Skippy

Quote from: Selski on January 21, 2007, 13:41:57My level 1 is a serious level of relaxation, where I've not only relaxed my body, but also lowered (or relaxed) my mind to such a state that it is having those "nonsense dreamy" thoughts.  This takes A LOT of practice, as this stage is very close to sleep, and 9 times out of 10, I fall asleep.

That sounds similar to the stage I get to. I don't fall asleep, but my mind drifts off - rather like daydreaming - and for a few moments I'm unaware of where I am. I'm sure a lot of people have probably daydreamed once or twice in school - it's kind of like that. You zone out and your mind is elsewhere.

Then after a while,  I realise I'm daydreaming and my mind becomes focused again, and I start to focus on astral projection. I still haven't managed it, although when I do give up pracice for the night, I keep getting the sense that my astral body is straining to get out - as though with more effort, I could have done it.
The Bee Gees and Andy Gibb

Selski

Quote from: Skippy on January 22, 2007, 07:42:07
That sounds similar to the stage I get to. I don't fall asleep, but my mind drifts off - rather like daydreaming - and for a few moments I'm unaware of where I am. I'm sure a lot of people have probably daydreamed once or twice in school - it's kind of like that. You zone out and your mind is elsewhere.

Yes, it's exactly like that.  The key is to observe yourself zoning out which takes some doing!  :-)  It took me ages (perhaps a year or so) before I managed to hold onto it without falling asleep.  I still can only do it every once in a while.  However, what is much easier is to practice when you've just woken up.  I find my best times are when I naturally awake at, say 3am.  I've had plenty hours of sleep and I can very quickly get to Stage 1 because my body is so relaxed.  You are less likely to fall asleep at this time.  Alternatively, mornings are very good too.  But practicing when you are going to bed in the evening is pretty much a non-starter.  I still do practice though, mainly because I love the sensations associated with relaxation.

Quote from: Skippy on January 22, 2007, 07:42:07Then after a while,  I realise I'm daydreaming and my mind becomes focused again, and I start to focus on astral projection. I still haven't managed it, although when I do give up pracice for the night, I keep getting the sense that my astral body is straining to get out - as though with more effort, I could have done it.

The problem might be that you are focusing on astral projection.  Don't focus on it.  Don't focus on anything, let yourself gently fall asleep, but try and keep a tiny part of your mind awake.  That's all there is to it - but it's a lot harder than it sounds!  :lol:

And also, you don't need more effort, you need no effort, in fact you want to do the opposite and relax into the feeling, rather than straining to get out.  When you feel you might be on the brink, go really floppy, like a rag doll.  That way your second body seems to loosen inside your physical body and you know you can go!  That's how it is for me anyway.

Sarah

P.S.  I realised I posted Stages 1, 2 and... 4.  What happened to stage 3?  Ha ha, I'm not sure.  I think I mis-typed.  4 should be 3.  :roll: :-D
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Exclip

I tried again today with no luck, i tried entering the trance state, but couldn't really keep my focus. One good thing though during my try i got a call from an employer about a job woo woo. So not all that bad. I can get into the trance state sometimes, i just think i need to work on my focus.