OBE/phasing hybrid experience

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather B.

Actually, it started last night, while I was going to sleep... several times I experienced that rather alarming "falling" sensation, and it kept waking me up!  But I fell asleep, and nothing really remarkable happened.  

This morning, though, was a different story.  It gets bright in my apartment, so I put on a sleeping mask that I bought a couple of days ago.  I have found that wearing the mask really helps me "trance out."  Especially when I do noticing.  This morning I got really deep, very numb physically.  Visiting F3 is always my main goal when working on my projection, so I thought about that in the background.  But my mind was very actively stirring about and before I knew it...

I was exiting! :yikes2: Hehe, it wasn't scary, just shocking, because I've never really experienced a proper OBE, despite many attempts when I was younger.  Anyway, although many people have described rather frighetening shaking and loud noises, my experience was quite calm and peaceful.  I could definitely feel strong energy, but it was more like waves than vibrations.  :happy5:  And there was a rushing noise, sort of a combination between a jet going overhead and the roar of the ocean.  Familiar noises.

I felt my head and shoulders raising first, as if I were sitting up, and then my seat and my legs followed.  Once I was entirely out, the waves and noise stopped.  And I was hanging very still, and very, very light.  I couldn't see clearly.  It was like a light silver fog.  I could see light and shadow, but that's all.  At first, I tried to command that my vision become cear, but it didn't work.  Then I thought, "Well, it's because of the mask."  So I raised my hands to my face, and I could feel the mask, but I couldn't take it off.  It was like my hands went through it or something.  I wasn't too concerned, though.  

I was more curious about the floating, and wondered if I could move or fly.  I did a graceful pirouette (something I definitely can't do in the physical!), and I kept turning, completely weightless.  As I did, I decided to float upward, and I did.  If I wanted to spin more quickly, I could do that too.  I saw black blurs moving around me, and at first was startled, but then I realized, it was probably things like my TV, my fireplace, my little Christmas tree, my coat hanging by the door, and my cats lying on the bed--dark things in an otherwise very white room.  

I found it rather pleasant, but not really all that interesting.  I really wanted to work on phasing.  So I put myself back inside.  More waves and jet/ocean noises.  And I was back in my body.  I remembered my journal and wanted to get up and write about my experience.  I reached up to remove my mask.  No luck.  I tried about half a dozen times, and it finally occured to me that they were my astral hands!  So I settled down in order to get completely back into the physical body.  

As I waited, however, I automatically phased somewhere!  Within a heartbeat!  I was in a forest, walking.  Unlike the OBE, this was very sharp and very solid!  It wasn't like other F3 experiences I've had, though--no shining silver and gold city, no beautiful, shining countryside or park land.  It was rather gloomy, and there was no one around.  I walked through the trees, and after a while, I heard lots of voices.  

I eventually came out of the woods, and there was a wooden building, some kind of cabin.  And there were lots of people, mostly men in uniform.  They seemed to be Confederate soldiers from the U.S. Civil War.  I thought to myself, "Yes, this must be somewhere in F3.  I can imagine there being quite a number of confused, agitated Confederate soldiers in F3."  They seemed to be arguing amongst themselves.  About ships--one ship was called Lynchburg (the name of a Virginia town where there was a battle during the war), and the other... I can't remember its name, but it was another familiar, historical name that I recognized.  I can't remember the details of the argument... I didn't really understand what the heck they were talking about.

At last, they realized I was there.  They turned on me and were quite angry.  They seemed to think I was a spy or something.  They asked me what I was doing there, and what I had heard.  I tried to say I was just lost and meant no harm, but they didn't listen and began to come at me.  I panicked and turned around and ran back into the woods.

After that, I think I just came back to the physical and slept for a couple more hours.  When I woke up, I regretted that I didn't go with the OBE for longer, since it was such a new, different experience! :poh:  I should have also stood my ground with the Confederate soldiers, but I just didn't feel comfortable.  Physical world instincts apparently don't die easily!

I did a little research to see if there really was ever a ship at the time called the Lynchburg... I found a schooner Lynchburg that was captured by the USS Quaker City while trying to get coffee to Richmond during the blockade of the Confederate coast...  Maybe the soldiers were ticked off because they didn't have any coffee?   :dont-know:

Anyway... I'm so excited!  I hope maybe this will lead to more experiences!   :bouncy:
|*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*|
:sunny:  Heather B.
(formerly known as Almost Mrs. Murphy)

Sky, far away sky
A murmured voice:
"Your dreams now turn
the wheel of the stars."

--Arai Akino, "Tsuki no Ie"

Leannain

knightlight

Sweet.  I understand what you mean about instincts dying hard.  I dont have any quelms with going nuts and doing whatever I want in F2, I figure thats what its there for but F3 is so different.  I havent had enough experiences there to really get used to it to begin with and usually my experiences are nice.  Sounds like a good jumping block to more experiences.  Usually when I feel that sinking sensation eventually I will sink and just slip right out.  I cant think of a time I have had the sinking sensation and not phased.  It usually goes from a sinking into sort of a sliding, like I am all oiled up and sliding around on ice and then I will just release.  Good luck to you and good story.
Profound Impatience makes the blind struggle in Stupidity.

Heather B.

I know the sinking feeling too.  I always try to stay with it, but I usually can't for some reason or another.  Either it makes me uncomfortable, or the cat jumps on me, or some other silliness!  

The falling feeling I felt last night was that really jarring thing where you feel like you've fallen really far and hit your bed really hard.  :shock:  I feel that from time to time while falling asleep, or while in the early stages of sleep.  My friend said it was because the astral body gets out of synch and then falls back into synch... or something like that.  It's annoying, whatever it is.

Sky, far away sky
A murmured voice:
"Your dreams now turn
the wheel of the stars."

Jeff_Mash

Great post.  Ahhhhh!  Whenever I read experiences like that, it stirs something within me that has also experienced that hundreds of times.  =)

You said a key thing that most people don't realize.  You said, "Anyway, although many people have described rather frighetening shaking and loud noises, my experience was quite calm and peaceful. I could definitely feel strong energy, but it was more like waves than vibrations."

You see, most people THINK that an experience they may have read about from a so-called expert is what is ALWAYS supposed to happen to them, and that's just not true.

I would say in 90% of the books out there related to OBE's, they usually preface an OBE by saying that they'll be accompanied by strong, often violent vibrations.  This just isn't true.

Yes, depending on your focus, your relaxation, and your beliefs, you may feel something similiar to these violent shaking episodes.  But if you have the right frame of mind and focus, you can phase or project into the nonphysical realm without any sort of unpleasantness.  In fact, as you saw, it can be effortless and quite comforting.

There is nothing more exhilirating that the feeling of being in your spirit body and walking around, with the full knowledge of what you're doing, and knowing that you've succeeded in projecting.
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

NickJW

Interesting post! I am a little surprised though that the mask would effect your vision whilst in the Real Time Zone. I have projected quite a few times with a blanket over my had (acidently went in to paralysis like that), but my vision was fine once I exited my body.

The Present Moment

I'm curious why you went back to your physical body in order to phase. Is it not possible to phase from an OBE?

Heather B.

Thanks for your comments, everyone!

QuoteI am a little surprised though that the mask would effect your vision whilst in the Real Time Zone.

Nick, I have no idea why that happened.  I have no real experience with OBE and the RTZ, so I just accepted it.

QuoteI'm curious why you went back to your physical body in order to phase. Is it not possible to phase from an OBE?

Present Moment, this may just be my own perspective, but to me, OBE and phasing are two different processes that carry you in two different "directions."  OBE is projecting "outward" while phasing is projecting "inward."  The physical body is the border between what is "out" and what is "in."  As far as I know, both processes can take you to the astral; thus, both processes are "astral projection."  The big paradox is that the astral seems to exist both "inside" and "outside" of us.

I'm probably just confusing the issue even more... and maybe it's just me that is confused.  But that's why I went back to the physical body between the OBE and the phasing.  It makes sense to me, but what do I know?  :wink:

Sky, far away sky
A murmured voice:
"Your dreams now turn
the wheel of the stars."

mactombs

QuotePresent Moment, this may just be my own perspective, but to me, OBE and phasing are two different processes that carry you in two different "directions." OBE is projecting "outward" while phasing is projecting "inward." The physical body is the border between what is "out" and what is "in." As far as I know, both processes can take you to the astral; thus, both processes are "astral projection." The big paradox is that the astral seems to exist both "inside" and "outside" of us.

I think in Frank's theory, there is no "outward", everything is "inward". But I disagree. I think there is an outward, and a good possibility the etheric bodies, etc. exist. I agree with your assessment of the difference between OBEs and phasing, though I think some would claim they have the same result.

For me, phasing is going into a deep relaxation, nudging your still mind into a certain direction (such as API), letting the senses become entranced but not forcing the creation of everything, just suggesting the details and letting itself become ... then you let yourself phase into the creation. This is very "inward".

OBEs are when I'm going into a trance, get energy sensations, and get pulled out of my body into the RTZ. This is "outward".
A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud