The Gatekeeper - what is it?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nay

LOL..I'm right there with ya, FT.  I have no idea.[:(]

I did have a dream where I was facing a large cement wall, with a bunch of those star war guys in the white suits standing around.[:P]
Actually the beach beyond the wall was quite inviting, but I never got past the "guards".. *mumbles, stupid guards*

Nay [;)]

Naiad780

While in a trance state last week, I heard a distorted voice telling me it was the "Gatekeeper."  It may have also said, "Gamekeeper."

I thought both would be kinda cheesy!  But I didn't hear anything else, so ... *shrug*

Sorry, not much help here but I'd like to know, too.

DaDestroya

I'm assuming that the gatekeeper (or gatekeepers, whatever) could exist to make sure that there aren't people screwing around with the powers possible in the astral or mental planes..If things change at the speed of thought in these planes, there has to be someone to moderate it. Some monstrosity probably happened before and that's why there is some bit of moderation involved.

Eh, but this is only an assumption, I'm just as clueless if not more, than anyone else here. :)

-DaDestroya

SpectralDragon

Gatekeeper:

An entitiy that guards over the entrance of something, usually requires a specific state of mind to allow an individual or a spirit to pass. (a degree of "spiritual maturity" if you will) these beings usually work behind the scenes. You don't see them unless you specifically ask for them.

An example would be the gatekeeper of the bhuddic plane of existince. This gatekeeper requires that you have a calm demeanor and that you won't generally cuase trouble for the souls on the bhuddhic plane. His appearance will change according to how you think and what your beliefs are.

Jarthur

lol lola. I remember reading that somewhere here too.

Here's my offering.

An encounter with the Guardian of the Threshold marks the beginning of the journey in some traditional paths. For the ones following these paths, it's an experience that is sought out and prepared for with a lot of hard work.

No matter how much preparation you do though, the experience is extremely traumatic,  not because it inspires a terror of an unknown, but because it immobilises you in a horror of recognition. It lives in the deep of you and it's body is a large, black, symmetrical, emphatic demand.

The encounter, in someone who is prepared, begins a chain reaction that starts with an examination of this unspeakable horror. It leads to an ownership of the depths of your being, the part of you that will lead it's own life if you don't claim this ownership.  That's why the guardian is also called the doppelganger, the double..

It becomes the you that is outside of you in all your astral travels, reflecting back to you an illusion. Certainly there is a reality outside this bubble, but you only see parts of  it through a filter of distortion.

You don't have to worry about this if you just want to have astral experiences. If you meet a red eyed guy in a cloak as you pop out, tell him to p*ss off.

Fat_Turkey

I keep hearing and reading all this stuff on what a gatekeeper is or is supposed to be. I'm wondering, what is it / are they??

I mean, for all we know, they could also be imaginative, creations of our own...just could someone fill me in please?

Thanks
~FT
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.