News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Rainbow Gathering

Previous topic - Next topic

WindSong

Had a dream of a Rainbow Gathering last night. I've been wanting to go for a few years, but have never been. The dream memory is hazy, but I remember a dirt road with travelers coming and going, and everyone was happy.
I know this means happiness, but where? Dreams can be very metaphorical.

Szaxx

Rainbow gathering?
Not sure on what this is.
Enlighten me please.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

CFTraveler

Yeah... what's a rainbow gathering?
Why?

WindSong

To put it simply: A hippie festival.
Some people assume that "rainbow" means LGBT, but it represents all walks of life. I'm not sure how many of you have heard of Burning Man, but it involves the same type of people. Burning Man is more mainstream.
A Rainbow Gathering is a week long event. Actually, it is built around a week, but most people show up a week or two early to help set up, and stay after to clean up. People getting together in national parks throughout the year in Regionals, and the National is held once a year. There are multiple camps set up: Religious camps, non religious camps, rocker camps, and other camps. Most people find a pre-existing camp, and some stay by themselves.
Money is not needed. There is a barter system. It's pretty common to see people going from camp to camp, trading this and that to get a shirt, instrument, tobacco, or whatever. There is always work available, and among tens of thousands of people, chances are somebody needs something you can get.
Towards the end, there is a big "ohm"circle.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Szaxx

Sounds like our 'one world festival'. Mostly music being performed live on stage.
Peace and love for all being a prominent motto.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.