News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Falun Dafa (Falun Gong)

Previous topic - Next topic

distant bell

Hello!

As far as I know The Falun Gong group is a bit sectarian.
I actually meet with them and practiced with them, and they
are not bad people in any way, but they are ready to believe anything that the founder says. I know that they have the habit of reading "the book" many times. They read the book from beggining to end and then start over again. The problem I had with them was that they all believd the words of the leader blindely. So you could not discuss what they do and what teh methods are good for, you coudl not compare there system with any other system, or try to understand what actually is supposed to happen when you do the exercises.
So if you like to be part of a dogmatic group without the possibility of free thinking- then it'sthe thing for you. Otherviese you might have a problem fitting in.

they believe that the leader is something close to good, and that he possess al kinds of supernatural abilitys.  What Falun Dafa really is, is a mixture of buddhist ideas and new age, centered arounde a carismatic leader.

volcomstone

falun gong, (dafa)

is basically qi-gong but simpler,
opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away

shedt

quote:
Originally posted by astral-boy

Hi! Have you any experience of this?

yes, i once considered myself a practioner.

quote:
It´s 5 exercises and the purpose is to open energy channels (if that´s the correct term). it´s combined with meditation.

My perspective was it was more based on reasing your level and maintaining a good xin xing... grr was that how it was spelled ?

quote:
Many people say it´s a cult with one leader who is brainwashing everyone below him. Many people say it´s true love and what universe is all about.

most people that say its a cult are the chinese gov.

quote:
I have no idea. But i figured that if what he is teaching in his books are true i have no reason not to believe the rest.

I found that it was true. I think there was one thing i did not agree with. But everything else seemed correct. and what i did not agree on could just be a matter of perspective.

quote:
For example the "master" (author) writes that when we hurt someone we transfer our white mass to them. We then have more karma (black mass).

Master as in teacher yes.

quote:

He writes that when we practise an energy beeing will enter our lower abdomen and spin there forever.

i think that you are describe one of our main chakras. that is what i was wondering about today. the falun that you spin is described by Master Li the same way Robert Bruce describes a major chakra.

quote:

He also says we open up our third eye and develop psychic abilities.

What is your opinion?

Do you know other similar teachings?

Thanks  [8)]

yes, NEW and as someone else mentioned, Qi-Gong.

I would suggest you try it out. Myself I am on my own path, but I still have compassion and love for those who choose this noble path.

shedt

quote:
Originally posted by distant bell

Hello!

As far as I know The Falun Gong group is a bit sectarian.
I actually meet with them and practiced with them, and they
are not bad people in any way, but they are ready to believe anything that the founder says.

I used to be a practioner, and i found that this was far from true.

If anything it is up to you to learn why, and the choice is for you to believe.

quote:

I know that they have the habit of reading "the book" many times. They read the book from beggining to end and then start over again.

I've read Zhuan Falun many times, becuse each time I read it I learned something new !

quote:
The problem I had with them was that they all believd the words of the leader blindely.

I did not, I read his words and learned from them. I had the choice, and to be honest the maorjority of what i learned i already believed. if anything it just helped me to understand it more.

quote:

So you could not discuss what they do and what teh methods are good for, you coudl not compare there system with any other system, or try to understand what actually is supposed to happen when you do the exercises.

I don't know how many times you practiced, and where, but when I practiced we always had open discussions where we talked about other systems, and compared and talk about similaritys. We were open and shared what we have learned. It never was that Falan Dafa was the only way.

quote:

So if you like to be part of a dogmatic group without the possibility of free thinking- then it'sthe thing for you. Otherviese you might have a problem fitting in.

I feel sad that you have this perspective.

quote:

they believe that the leader is something close to good, and that he possess al kinds of supernatural abilitys.

yes that is true. its also the belief that you can do the same, and that many practioners already have. it was never to hold mater Li above anyone. He is just trying to help other  learns what he has

quote:

What Falun Dafa really is, is a mixture of buddhist ideas and new age, centered arounde a carismatic leader.

it also contains Taoism and other beliefs.

distant bell

"I don't know how many times you practiced, and where, but when I practiced we always had open discussions where we talked about other systems, and compared and talk about similaritys. We were open and shared what we have learned. It never was that Falan Dafa was the only way."

Yeah,of course, it depends on the people that are in the group.A group ususally starts with one person that is very dediacted, and starts a group in a town. Perhaps the person who started the gropu I whent to is different then the group you whent too.
But I still have to say that all the people in the group I have meet where pretty blind followers. No discussions about other systems. They are al wrong and not in acordance with the master..

shedt

again I'm not sure where you went to. I went to more then one practice site with different teachers, and it was very constant, following in line with Falun Dafa and its teachings.

The whole idea that i learned from it was to learn for yourself why such things worked, and questions were more then welcome. Never was it said that it was the only way, the only one true practice or beliefs.

astral-boy

Hi! Have you any experience of this? It´s 5 exercises and the purpose is to open energy channels (if that´s the correct term). it´s combined with meditation.

But it´s also about developing the right thinking. That killing, hurting and searching for fame and a big wallet is just hurting yourself and against universal laws. The body and mind are connected.

Many people say it´s a cult with one leader who is brainwashing everyone below him. Many people say it´s true love and what universe is all about.

I have no idea. But i figured that if what he is teaching in his books are true i have no reason not to believe the rest. For example the "master" (author) writes that when we hurt someone we transfer our white mass to them. We then have more karma (black mass).
He writes that when we practise an energy beeing will enter our lower abdomen and spin there forever.
He also says we open up our third eye and develop psychic abilities.

What is your opinion?

Do you know other similar teachings?

Thanks  [8)]