News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

N.E.W versus.Reiki

Previous topic - Next topic

Salubri

Dear shmuelbwll,

I do agree with you, but comparing these systems really depends on the practiotioner him/herself. How much time and mental effort is put into it depends on how good the energy flow develops. And because most people choose only one or two forms, its kinda hard to compare.

But, I do think NEW is one of the most effective ways, because it does not require the extra effort other styles depend on. For example special correographed movements in tai-chi, special martial-arts techniques for qi-gong, etc.

But, keep in mind that the other styles include other uses for their raised energy.. Qi-gong practitioners can litterally kick/hit everything without getting hurt,... NEW practitioners can't. Every other form has its own advantages... What I hope is that we can add all of these effects into the NEW system for an all-compassing easy to learn energy technique.

About reiki,....I recently got attuned over the internet, so I'm not very advanced yet.. But, keep in mind that Reiki sorts of techniques can heal almost everything without costing any energy from the practitioner... Just lay on the hand and the flow goes,..... No effort needed.....

So, which is better, I have no idea...
But I hope you can use the information Ive given anyway.....

Goodluck,
Salubri

Tom

Reiki has been very helpful for me. NEW has helped me when my progress with reiki has been stuck. This does not mean that I am done with reiki, though. It is still valuable to start the reiki and let it flow on its own. Reiki is something that was given to me, but NEW is something I do for myself. They work better together than either alone. At this point, I cannot say which by itself is better. Who can, who has used both successfully?

Donni_Joy

Howdy!

I have been doing Reiki for almost 15 years and am level 3. I have been doing NEW for maybe 4 - 5 years (my time flies!) now, sporadically from mega-disciplined to only evenings pre-sleep.

I can say that NEW and Reiki compliment each other wonderfully. In fact NEW is like an addition or extension to ANY system from energy work to martial arts to working with essences, etc.

I find NEW is more of a full-body practice, whereas Reiki is more confined to  hands (maybe eyes) and intention (if healing). I love them both but if I was pushed into a corner to make a choice, I'd pick NEW any day because it is a self-development process moreso than Reiki... but again, both are great!

(I also think Reiki works on bypassing the conscious mind by going direct to the sub-conscious through the archetypal symbols which have an energy field that maintains itself... and so embedded in your auric field, generate the energy, regardless of whether you believe or not... OK I could rave here forvere LOL)

What amazes me about NEW is that it is such an OBVIOUS way of working with the bodies' energies. Apply some common sense, and it is just soooo easy!!!!!

OK enough NEW fanaticism!

Cheers
Donni

'"Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?" In answer to Tennyson, I pose this question: truth lasts while there are dreams, and do we not dream in truth? ' from my whacky novel, "LUST"  http://dreamingspace.homestead.com/
"A balance of perspective must be maintained in order to preserve reasonable logic and truth." Robert the Brute, 2002

Two Bears

>the practiotioner him/herself. How much time and mental effort is >put into it depends on how good the energy flow develops. And

Could NOT agree more.

>because most people choose only one or two forms, its kinda hard to >compare.

For some people that is true; then there are others like myself that can speak to many different modalities.

I have studied the following

HUNA, Native American Shamanism, Zhan Zhaung Qigong, Reiki (M/T of five forms), and Master of two forms of Seichim.

>But, I do think NEW is one of the most effective ways, because it >does not require the extra effort other styles depend on. For

I have no experience with NEW so I will withhold  comment.

>But, keep in mind that the other styles include other uses for their >raised energy.. Qi-gong practitioners can litterally kick/hit >everything without getting hurt,... NEW practitioners can't. Every

Correct. It takes about a year or more of dedicated practise to become proficient at Qigong. However; there are thousands of different Qigong forms. Qigong is also spelled chi gong, chi gung, and chi kung.

>About reiki,....I recently got attuned over the internet, so I'm not >very advanced yet.. But, keep in mind that Reiki sorts of techniques

Congrats! Which form of Reiki? There are 30 or more different forms.

>can heal almost everything without costing any energy from the >practitioner... Just lay on the hand and the flow goes,..... No >effort needed.....

Correct. Reiki simply flows through the Reiki practitioner to the recepient. If a person practises Reiki, and feels drained. they are too attached to the outcome. and are unconsciously transmitting their personal Ki reserves along with the infinite supply of energy all around us. Reiki practitioners should simply lay hands amd remain detached.

>So, which is better, I have no idea...

I personaly seem to have better results qith HUNA

Two Bears

Aloha nui loa
Received the title "master" 8 times and still trying to master myself.

Two Bears

>confined to  hands (maybe eyes) and intention (if healing). I love >them both but if I was pushed into a corner to make a choice, I'd >pick NEW any day because it is a self-development process moreso

Hello Donni:

Can not speak to NEW; but CAN speak to Reiki.

However; have you ever heard of HUNA? HUNA takes a lot of internal work to get the three selves working together in harmony. but well worth it.

Two Bears

Aloha nui loa
Received the title "master" 8 times and still trying to master myself.

Donni_Joy

Two Bears

So glad you are here, for my own selfish reasons.

I read a book many many years ago on Huna, I cannot recall which one, but later on I got the Sergei King, "Mastering Your Hidden Self." I know you aren't too keen on King's stuff, but what do you think of this book? Is he at least correct with his analysis of the three selves? His exercises, although I didn't try them all, seemed rather good too. This book really related to me, and I loved it. I still have it, actually.

As you are unfamiliar with New Energy Ways, I'd like to give you a nutshell synopsis. It is something very obvious, and is actually very effective method of taking conscious control/working with the energy body.

Basically, one stimulates the energy body, starting with "brushing the feet" with imaginary hands, or awareness hands (or your energy body hands.) Stimulation proceeds upwards to the crown, followed by an energy raising ciruit, bringing the energy to the sub-navel energy storage area. Primaries are left alone until one is familiar with the process and energy sensations subside.

Robert roadtested the NEW system for many years and found people were becoming unstable metally/emotionally if they went straight to primary centres. So the method is well set out, step by step, to prevent the side-effects that occurred when NEW was being roadtested.

There are a couple of basic circuits, the universal practice of energy breathing and NEW can be used as a form of meditation and even with healing. I have explored -- dipped my toes in -- many healing practices and am a trained bodyworker and have done Reiki for 15 years (first two levels were Usuii, and the third was dear heart Wombat as my guide/teacher.)

NEW, to me, is an obvious and commonsense approach to energy development that once you have the concept, can just rely on common sense. There are also various exercises for dealing with blockages, keeping energy around draining people/circumstances, and a few other things as well. It does seem to enahnce many things from Reiki to martial arts to physical sports and healing.

One thing I admire about Robert is that he has come from a space that is unaffected by other streams and modalities. He has had no experience with energy systems per se, although is a natural healer and sensitive to energies. NEW is something so obvious as a system I am surprised it hasn't been replicated aeons before. "Nothing new under the sun" true but as a whole, NEW is unique and effective and best of all, easy!

Cheers Two Bears!!!!!!!!!
:)onni

'"Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?" In answer to Tennyson, I pose this question: truth lasts while there are dreams, and do we not dream in truth? ' from my whacky novel, "LUST"  http://dreamingspace.homestead.com/
"A balance of perspective must be maintained in order to preserve reasonable logic and truth." Robert the Brute, 2002

Winged_Wolf

OK, I'll bite--where can I find a detailed description of NEW?

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

Donni_Joy

Hi Winged Wolf

There are two tutorials for NEW online on Robert's website under articles (I think).

Cheers
Donni

Veo

There are a couple of ways to find out about N.E.W.:
On the main page of this site, select the link 'Training Guides' at the top. On that page you can read the information while online under the topic: N.E.W. Energy Ways (click on the words).

To dowload the same training manual to read offline, select the link 'Downloads' (near the top) and once there select the download link under 'N.E.W. Energy Ways'

Detailed information about N.E.W (as it relates to the practice of Astral Projection) is also provided in his book Astral Dynamics.

Good luck,
Veo

Winged_Wolf

Thank you, I hadn't been to that site yet.  (Found the address for this forum on a newsgroup).
Interesting!  A lot of stuff on this board has seemed a tad "newagey" to me so far, so I admit I was skeptical.  However, the NEW method does seem viable.  It was intriguing to note the similarities and differences of approach between it and the method I was trained in (part of which is online at http://www.thepsionguild.net/student.html).
There's much more of a focus on energy-sensing in NEW.  A few things I wouldn't do, like work with the dan tien (sub-navel energy storage or whatnot...this center actually "stores" a completely different TYPE of energy from the other areas of the body, and I was trained to work only with what we call psi-energy.  That center would be the life-energy center).
Aside from that point, however, the notion of working so intensively on energy-sensing is something I may just have to experiment with.  Many of my students ask how they can develop their energy-sensing ability, as our training is so output-oriented.  The only answer we had was that it will come in time, with continued use.  And, it does...but the methods you have there just may expedite that.
I look forward to many happy modifications and experiments with the NEW method.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

Tia

To Winged Wolf,

I am very interested in your comment;

"A few things I wouldn't do, like work with the dan tien (sub-navel energy storage or whatnot...this center actually "stores" a completely different TYPE of energy from the other areas of the body, and I was trained to work only with what we call psi-energy. That center would be the life-energy center)."

Could you go into this a bit further, the different energy types, and why you wouldn't work with the Dan Tien?

Winged_Wolf

Very well...
Here's what I was taught, and what I have observed for myself as well:

The human aura (as well as that of most animals, and even many plants), is comprised primarily of two types of energy--Life energy, which is a very heavy, "solid"-seeming energy carried at the core of their field, and psi-energy, which is a "lighter" seeming, static-like energy which comprises the bulk of the aura.  Life energy is very enduring--this is what the soul is made of.  In fact, I've come to believe that the dan tien IS the soul.  When a person dies, this "chakra" pulls the amazing trick of flying off on its own.  To me, that's pretty suspicious.
As well, people do not generate life energy.  They use it--it radiates from the energy center throughout their life, and although that center is somewhat depleted over the course of a lifetime, it is never tremendously depleted--it's like a diamond shedding minute bits of carbon dust, it's tremendously dense.  This radiated energy tends to circulate up toward the brain, but stays basically at the core of the aura.
Life energy is found in ALL living things....I personally believe that it is necessary for life to exist as life.  (In other words, the soul is utterly necessary for life).  This is supported by reports from people who have done OOB type astral projection that involves sending the soul out of the body (not the sort of thing I'd recommend, to be sure!).  Occasionally, one will be prevented from returning.  The body falls into a deteriorating coma, and eventually dies, even with life support.

Now, psi-energy on the other hand is only found in living things which have a nervous system, or a nervous-system-like structure (as some plants do).  It appears to be very HIGHLY interactive with electromagnetism, to the degree where electromagnetic effects can create psi, and vice versa.  As well, psi can be manipulated via electromagnetically active devices, and the vast majority of functional radionics devices, including those purporting to be orgone or chi devices, utilize or generate psi-energy.

Now, the more controversial part of this--which all of my observations have STILL born out so far, even though I keep a close eye out for any exceptions:
All born psychics naturally use psi-energy.
While people may be born who have an affinity for other energy types (much the same way Mozart had an affinity for music), none are born who have innate ability to use it.
This is the difference between Mozart playing music, and a baby laughing.  Mozart did have to learn to play, although he picked it up amazingly quickly.  A baby does NOT have to learn to laugh--that is instinctive.
For about 10% of the population, use of psi is INNATE--instinctive.  Most of these folks have only very weak abilities and no reasonable instinctive control of them--but nevertheless, the abilities manifest without any prompting, and they are there.
A small percentage of these are born with the instincts to use the abilities, as well as having active abilities, and so on.
And such folks ALWAYS use psi, until or unless someone teaches them to use something else (or they read it in a book :P).
Since many of the "high-psis", those born with abilities at higher levels, and instinctive use of them, find that other types of energies clash with their nervous system, the theory was formed that it may not be a good idea for born-psis to use outside-derived energies at all (at least, not directly).  Life energy isn't outside derived...but it's very different from psi, and folks are not born with an innate ability to manipulate it.  (In fact, folks are not born with an affinity for it, either--no one we have yet to meet, anyhow).

When I was younger, I learned Wicca--I learned to use earth energy.  Once I discovered psionics, and began training in pure psi, I stopped doing that....and my abilities skyrocketed.  I cannot discount that.  I do believe that born-psis are "wired" to use psi energy, and psi-energy alone.
I'm not personally willing to experiment to find out whether or not using life energy will damage my nervous system/energy system as earth energy did.  More power to those who choose to specialize in using life energy--it's great for healing, for one thing.
But, I'm born-psi, and psi is what I'm adapted to use best.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Donni_Joy

Hi

Quickie... NEW is also here in step by step lessons: http://www.dimensional-doorways.com/NEW/lesson_1.htm

Cheers
Donni

Tir13

Winged Wolf,

Are your exercises similar to NEW?  How does one develop PSI usage, or mainly focus on that.  How do you learn what your energy type IS?  I have my own theories on the latter question, but I am sincerely curious on yours!  Thanks.

Jason

Winged_Wolf

The exercises are on the website I mentioned--you can compare them yourself, if you like, just go to the training manual.
In some ways, they are similar to NEW, in that both methods involve energy manipulation.  However, the focus in NEW is far more on energy sensing, and the focus in the training method I learned is far more on energy manipulation.  I couldn't possibly say which is better--the method I trained in works extraordinarily well for bringing a person very quickly (in less than 6 months) from a bare beginner to a moderate skill level (competant to deal with most entity problems, for example).  It's very much focused on practicing skills that lead up to more complex energy-working and construct (artificial entities) abilities.  The very process of doing those exercises increases overall ability level, preparing a person for training other types of abilities (such as telepathy for example).
NEW seems to focus primarily on energy-sensing and awareness, and it also will increase ability levels overall, due to the intense working with and manipulating of energy during the course.  It's not impossible that NEW might lead a person to develop mental and physical abilities even sooner than the training I had, but on the other hand it may not prepare them as well to defend themselves psychically.  This I don't know, as I haven't used the system.

It would be highly interesting to take two groups of students, and have one use each system, and compare their progress!

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Tir13

shmuelbwll

Dear Robert or any one else,
Robert Bruce wrote  about new energy ways  " It is also more effective, I believe and intend to show, than any other energy body (bioenergetic) manipulation and/or development system available in the world today "..

I would like to know if N.E.W  in anyones  view   is also more effective,, than any other energy healing manipulation and/or development system available in the world today( like reiki,  chi gong etc...)or is ther anything better?  

thankx

pharmakeia

There are some interesting comparisons of disciplines and discussions on core human attributes in Michael Murphy's book : The Future of the Body: Explorations into the Further Evolution of Human Nature

I found this thread very iinteresting.

pharmakeia

Tyciol

*pokes Winged Wolf* Hiya!

Yep, NEW seems neat, I'm going to see if it works to compliment things. I backed up all the NEW teachings in case this site ever goes down, I love free stuff.

Has RB thought of making a PDF version? Then it could be shared over kazaa or bittorrent and stuff.