News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

HOW TO MAKE ENEMY ONLINE

Previous topic - Next topic

mon9999

FIRST: SHARE YOUR OPINION!

SECOND: YOU WAIT!

DID I MISS ANYTHING?

dreamingod

Quote from: mon9999 on January 30, 2012, 22:59:37

ha ha ha! too true sometimes   :-D

I have an opinion.
My opinion may differ to yours because of my reference points of view, my experiences, the way I interpret information & experiences ...
That does not necessarily mean that you're wrong and I'm right,
it just means that in my subjective reality, what I think really matters! pun intended :)

Since we each have free will, our ability to think whatever we like should not be censored.
If the internet was censored, what would the user's experiences be like?

People will either agree or disagree with you, -or don't care.
Let them, after all physical reality is not real (solid), it is a perceptual illusion, a perceptual construct.
This means, you need to be conscious to experience reality.
:-o What, you can think? You qualify to participate!

So yes, share your opinions because the thinking person who carefully considers the subject matter and information pertaining to it,
will have an opinion; or conversely the habitual person already has an opinion from inherited belief sytems.

Ultimately we each experience what we feel and perceive because we each create our subjective reality!

We are spirit, expressing what we will.
We act out perSONAs on our stage of iMAGEination.
We are both the dreamer & the dream.
I think therefore I am.
I am consciousness & potentiality

mon9999

Quote from: dreamingod on January 31, 2012, 00:30:52

ha ha ha! too true sometimes   :-D

I have an opinion.
My opinion may differ to yours because of my reference points of view, my experiences, the way I interpret information & experiences ...
That does not necessarily mean that you're wrong and I'm right,
it just means that in my subjective reality, what I think really matters! pun intended :)

Since we each have free will, our ability to think whatever we like should not be censored.
If the internet was censored, what would the user's experiences be like?

People will either agree or disagree with you, -or don't care.
Let them, after all physical reality is not real (solid), it is a perceptual illusion, a perceptual construct.
This means, you need to be conscious to experience reality.
:-o What, you can think? You qualify to participate!

So yes, share your opinions because the thinking person who carefully considers the subject matter and information pertaining to it,
will have an opinion; or conversely the habitual person already has an opinion from inherited belief sytems.

Ultimately we each experience what we feel and perceive because we each create our subjective reality!

very well said! I couldn't agree more! :wink:

Killa Rican

Gold lol. I Love this. I agree with mostly everything.

But accepting an interpretation of a certain subjective reality does it leave out the option(For YOU) of an objective metaphysical reality aside and it's effects on the human mind and it's nature?

What I normally see on this forum is the assumption that everything is "self-projected" but it makes it hard to understand through this lens how can an external realm of mind/soul seem plausible?
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. ~Joseph Dunninger

jeffd

Quote from: Killa Rican on January 31, 2012, 01:24:28
Gold lol. I Love this. I agree with mostly everything.

But accepting an interpretation of a certain subjective reality does it leave out the option(For YOU) of an objective metaphysical reality aside and it's effects on the human mind and it's nature?

What I normally see on this forum is the assumption that everything is "self-projected" but it makes it hard to understand through this lens how can an external realm of mind/soul seem plausible?

Right! Like in Robert Waggoner's book he says "The sailor does not control the sea." No doubt that our intentions have a much greater effect on the objects of perception in the 'astral' than in WR ,but we (the serial ego) are not the sole agency there or here and I think we shouldn't fool ourselves.For instance,we don't completely decide the exact dimensions,colors,script,scenery,etc,and we don't 'bind' it all together.There are consistent rules at work in WR and in the 'astral' and we didn't make them,but we are able to operate our limited freewill within them.

:-D I notice this sort of inconsistency too in alot of forums.In my opinion ,the objects of the external worlds(s) and our perceptions are relative and interdependent, relational constructs that are 'extended'. There's actually no evidence for such a thing as an actual internal image in a brain or on a retina.I don't think there are 'representations' or re-constructions,but I think we can be sure that there is data processing.I believe objects are 'out there' but not in absolute space or time.There's no good reason to believe that our perceptions are faithful depictions of reality;but there is a reality that modifies our perception and I believe we have species specific access to it.I think the same is true for the 'astral' or whatever word we use for it.

Not trying to make enemies BTW,I just like to discuss and spew my opinions...

AndrewTheSinger

Well said, jeffd.

I also don't like the notion that dying is just like a permanent astral projection, and that your silver cord simply snaps and you are not able to return. From my experiences an A.P. is like your own personal computer, in which you can mostly access what you can put in your hard drive, sort of like a virtual reality. Death would then be like the world wide web, a tottally different reality.
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

dreamingod

~

I too have often wondered about 'subjective reality' versus the collective 'objective' reality,
Is there an absolute collective 'objective' reality?

I looked towards one of the masters in explorations of reality and the wider reality for clues.

The Nature of Reality, Consciousness & Evolution with Tom Campbell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niip67BXkQE&feature=player_embedded

In this video, Thomas Campbell explains how there is no objective reality, because each person,
consciousness decodes/interprets the given information differently.
He states we each live in a subjective reality!
I think therefore I am.

CFTraveler

DID I MISS ANYTHING?
Or,
Wait until someone mentions something that can be interpreted.
Interpret it how you see it.
Then, get bag of popcorn and wait.
Cheers!

Rudolph

The problem is not sharing an opinion. That rarely ruffles any feathers.

Part of the problem is that most people do not know the difference between, opinion and fact.
Or relevant evidence versus hearsay. Or a true statement versus a false statement.

To be precise with language requires courage and strength. Which is one reason why it is so unpopular with so many.

Those who lack the strength to face the hard realities of this world refuse to admit that there even is a difference and claim "there is no such thing as fact" or "my truth may not be your truth" which is code for "I am in deep denial - please don't confuse me with facts". It is a coping mechanism.

Unfortunately if those of that persuasion are allowed to have control, most situations and general Life conditions go into steady decline.

The world is much worse off when those who wallow in denial are indulged.

The Truth will set you free.

Say there are two ice cream cones on a table, one chocolate and one vanilla. They are aligned between two kids on either end of the table and one says there is one chocolate cone on the table while the other says there is one vanilla cone. The adult looks down and correctly observes that there are two cones, one chocolate and one vanilla. The adult is correct. Both kids are wrong. Really... they both made false statements and they are both wrong.

One can say vanilla is best and the other says chocolate is best and they are both expressing opinion so right or wrong is irrelevant.

I wonder how many people will be able to understand this?
Beware the fake "seeker" who finds Truth to be abusive.

dreamingod

* Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
* The only source of knowledge is experience.

-Albert Einstein

People who study 'Linguistics' can aim to use language precisely, but then they will be communicating to others, most of who don't have such
control, finesse and  ambition. Ultimately assumptions are being made by both parties that certain meanings are implied, individual reference points of view are true, recorded history (according to whatever country/records) are completely unbiased and objective in its reporting ie 'fact'.

Well, one can see by watching so called news today that 'truth' and 'current history in the making' is often biased,
and years from now todays news will be recorded as 'fact'.

I think therefore I am.

Killa Rican

I used to have an "Everything is subjective" mindset until recently in the past year. It's difficult for me to go back to that way of thinking knowing what I've experienced, and what I already know now that vastly changed the way I see life. It just seems all so contradictory honestly. I'm willing to accept things like dreams/ap/obe are extremely personal, and the "things" that come forth and are revealed, are a message specifically for you. The experience itself is special and unique to "you". But does it end there? You can have an compelling OBE, and discover a great "personal" truth, but should you stop there?

I know not one person on this earth has full knowledge on how the spiritual planes function in relation to humanity and minds. This is why you see different cultures all over the globe telling the same storys in different ways. But People out there do in fact have more objectively shared spiritual "waking" experiences amongst each other. It's not all "subjective" and "interpretation" nor "projected". It may vary depending on what metaphysical asset it may be, but I'm not limiting this to AP/OBE I'm speaking generally.

I think it's in our best interest to learn as much as possible when it comes to the metaphysical, and what leads people to end up with certain conclusions, even if they seem "out there". Despite my experiences which I know happened objectively, I'm willing to entertain any argument and perspective, and "absorb" new concepts. At the very least whether we end up partly/fully agreeing or disagreeing , we can still benefit and learn something from each other.

The only time I will ever draw the line however is when I see people making posts seeking help because they are being attacked and tormented by negative entity's, and the majority of the posts responding are along the lines of;

"Stop believing they exist, and you will stop being attacked.".

^ That's where I unleash my passionate fury out to help someone in dire need, because those are DANGEROUS assumptions to start off with, in my honest opinion. First off It's difficult to do an internet diagnosis on someone Else's experience especially if you know nothing about there life or what they've exposed them self to.

I think People need to vastly broaden their intake of knowledge, and their perspective. New Age material is the "metaphysical" category most widely offered to the public, who often have no interest in digging further or are led to believe there is nothing more of value to them after this exposure... when you consider it, it's pretty disturbing.

Anyways, just some of my thoughts in relation to the main topic and the discussion of "subjectivity"  :-P
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. ~Joseph Dunninger

CFTraveler

DID I MISS ANYTHING?
*Slow clap*
Well played sir, well played.

dreamingod

~

What is reality?

Albert Einstein states:
* Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
* Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited.

Quantum physicists - Double Slit Experiment
proves how tiny particles behave differently when they are being measured. The observer determines the outcome.
This implies that there are multiple realities where every possible outcome is played out in a parallel universe.

So what is reality? A computer simulation? A multiverse?
Or is our human brain perceiving just one possible interpretation of the ultimate reality?

Three Types Of Reality is offered here:

Phenomenological reality is based on subjective experience. Whatever you observe is instantly real to you. This theory of reality means that unreality is non-existent. Therefore lucid dreams, hallucinations, spiritual experiences, and astral travel are all forms of one subjective reality.

Consensus reality is based on the opinions and observations made by a group of people. A few individuals may decide on an interpretation of an event, which spreads across entire societies and becomes a consensual truth. Religion is a good example of a socially constructed reality.

Non-reality simply means that there is no such thing as objective reality. Every possible observation or interpretation is tainted by subjectivity and therefore does not constitute truth. Nothing is real! This is supported by quantum theory, which states that prior to observation, nothing can be said about a physical system.
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/what-is-reality.html

Tom Campbell uses the analogy that reality is like a virtual Reality 'SIMs' game,
and each player experiences their subjective reality.

Terrence McKenna describes how 'Culture is your operating system' are like boundary defining engines
and plants/psychedelics eg DMT can transcend cultural Os, enabling one to return to first premises.
Here he is suggesting that perceptions from cultural programming once removed & replaced can allow the individual
eg. shamans to experience a different reality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctjNqQPnAk8

In this linear space-time limited human body expression, I can only know my own mind and what is 'true' to me.
To be concerned and automatically accept there is a reality of absolutes (true all the time) would deny me the possibilities
of experiencing such 'meta-physical' phenomena (positive and negative placebo effect, energy healing, sungazing, remote viewing)
that some have reported, but most have rejected as being 'not-true'.
I am more interested in directing my energy towards self-realised discoveries than what is being pushed in the media,
and I will naturally seek other possibilities.

The mysteries of creation & consciousness continue to elude us, and I think this is also what excites us and stimulates our curiosity.
I think we should all keep an open mind, while not succumbing to 'group think' and embrace our individual expression.
Everyone is in possession of thoughts, call it what you will, opinions, truths, beliefs, facts etc.
but understand this, when you enforce what you believe onto others as being the only absolute 'truth', without respecting and
understanding their experiences, you are condoning censorship and the possible beginnings of
an 'Orwellian' society. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orwellian

People will resonate to certain information/ideas, so let all opinions be communicated, and conscious minds will think for themselves.

-sorry just correcting some typos
I think therefore I am.

Killa Rican

Lionheart

How do people see this "silver cord"? Everytime I am in the Astral I am seeing everything from a point consciousness/first person view. To see any kind of cord i would have to be looking at a Astral imprint of my physical self, which would tell me this is more imagination than anything. I have never seen this "silver cord" before, could this be because of my technique, is Phasing really that different? When you guys Astral Project, do you see yourself as another image, or do you see from your Astral eyes per say? Do you actually see your form involved in activities there, as in watching a movie with you in it? That is the only way I would be able to see a cord of any kind protruding from my back or body. I have always pondered this phenomenon.

Rudolph

Quote from: Lionheart on February 01, 2012, 00:41:21
How do people see this "silver cord"? Everytime I am in the Astral I am seeing everything from a point consciousness/first person view. To see any kind of cord i would have to be looking at a Astral imprint of my physical self, which would tell me this is more imagination than anything. I have never seen this "silver cord" before,

(Did you ask this in the right thread?)

So many projectors have failed to 'see' the silver cord, even frequent and regular projectors, that many say it does not exist.

I have 'felt' something that is consistent with some of the cord mythology. I can understand those who say it exists. It may originate from biblical text. I can also understand those who have no experience with it saying they do not believe it exists. I do not understand making an issue out of it. What difference does it make?

All OBE recall is a reformatting of non physical experience into a format the brain can recognize and work with so individual mileage can and will vary.

Rudolph

Quote from: dreamingod on January 31, 2012, 17:36:36
People who study 'Linguistics' can aim to use language precisely, but then they will be communicating to others, most of who don't have such control, finesse and  ambition. Ultimately assumptions are being made by both parties that certain meanings are implied, individual reference points of view are true, recorded history (according to whatever country/records) are completely unbiased and objective in its reporting ie 'fact'.

Well, one can see by watching so called news today that 'truth' and 'current history in the making' is often biased,
and years from now todays news will be recorded as 'fact'.

Dreamingod, this is a great example that makes my point (note also that you rarely give examples to elucidate your point -- because in attempting to do so you might discover how wrong you are. And then you would have to start working harder... ohhhh noooooo.....).

If those who lack linguistic discipline are unable to know truth that is just an unfortunate reality. I for one will not indulge them.

Recorded history is not always unreliable. We can be pretty sure that Alexander the Great really did conquer Egypt.

Hitler really did invade Poland.

etc.

get a grip.

As far as assumptions being made?... speak for yourself.

", recorded history (according to whatever country/records) are completely unbiased and objective in its reporting ie 'fact'."

There is the deceiver's trick... reply to something no one said.
No one claimed reporting is unbiased. Bias is irrelevant at this point.
You can say that Nazi journalists were biased on their reporting of the invasion... but, So what? That is not relevant at this point.
Here you are just attempting to cloud your error with obfuscation.

Rudolph

Quote from: dreamingod on January 31, 2012, 23:49:24
I think we should all keep an open mind, while not succumbing to 'group think’ and embrace our individual expression.
Everyone is in possession of thoughts, call it what you will, opinions, truths, beliefs, facts etc.
but understand this, when you enforce what you believe onto others as being the only absolute 'truth', without respecting and
understanding their experiences, you are condoning censorship and the possible beginnings of
an 'Orwellian' society. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orwellian

People will resonate to certain information/ideas, so let all opinions be communicated, and conscious minds will think for themselves.

This line of argument is ridiculous.
The Nazi SS resonated with pushing Jews into gas chambers. They were thinking for themselves. (...gosh... maybe that's just their 'truth').

There is nothing Orwellian about precision with language. In fact, abuse of language is practically the DEFINITION of 'Orwellian' in common usage. " Less is More!"...
Or "True is False"
Your reversal of the definition is Orwellian!   :lol:

"when you enforce what you believe onto others as being the only absolute 'truth', without respecting and understanding their experiences"

There is the Deceiver's trick again... reply to something no one said. No one has claimed to have "absolute truth".
And I "enforced" nothing on others. I merely pointed out errors (usually bigoted type Lies).
Pure deception.

Simply pointing out blatant error is not a claim to "absolute truth".

Killa Rican

Just an example question , do mutually shared dreams between lovers and family members count as "subjective" or "objective"?

Stookie_

DID I MISS ANYTHING?

I just see a forum like this as a collection of people's thoughts, but not personal enough to call someone an enemy. I have to be able to look my enemy in the eyes. The computer has an off switch.

Also - why is this in the new member section?

Killa Rican

QuoteAlso - why is this in the new member section?
LOL. I just realized this, yeah this would be better suited in the astral chat section for such an interesting discussion.

Szaxx

Hi,
Find a linguistic smartass then send him back 1500 years to tell the world about retrograde motion of the planets. Would he really be objective and try or remain a quiet smartass?
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.