News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

New, and need some advice :(

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

Hey all.  :-)

I'm new, name's Jono. I need some advice, just to clarify, this forum is about astral projection in general isn't it? The few sub-forums confuse me a little, dividing Out of Body Experiences and Astral Projection to two different activities.

Reason I said I needed advice, is because I get stuck. When I try, I usually do it in the morning when my girlfriend is using the computer, I lie still. The sensations I feel is that my hands start feeling kind of numb, and then the palms of my hands and fingers feel powerful, but also feels like a force pushing my hands away from the bed, so it feels like my hands are resting in the air, but without a floating sensation. After that, soon enough, my arms start to feel twisted, and it starts to hurt just under my shoulder blade because I feel like my arms tangled up and my palms of my hands are facing upwards.

When all this is in play, my eyes start twitching rapidly. I read on this site before somewhere that it's more likely to be the astral eyes, and this makes sense because when I imagine sitting up in the astral body, my eyes start flickering even faster!

My legs meanwhile don't feel like anything, and my tongue and teeth don't know how to position themselves whilst trying to be still.

Any advice?

astraladdict

Well, OBE is while you're in the RTZ, while astral projection is while you are in the astral realm. Two different places, but you eventually drift into the realm when you're in the RTZ. As for your current situation, it seems like you have everything in order. Work on relaxation, that's the biggest piece of advice you can receive. It's not that you're "stuck" Will power is another thing needed to work on. You're astral body is so... used to being with your physical body that it needs a little nudge to get consciously.

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

Xanth

Hi there Jono,

Welcome to the Astral Pulse.

I'll point you to my own small eBook to give you some advice: http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/xanths-phasing-primer/
You can download it from the link at the top of that page.  :)

NoY

blis

Does it just feel like your hands are doing this or are they actually doing it?  If they're actually doing it I'd suggest relaxing more.

If not then idk. Maybe try moving them or willing them higher. They might have separated already, although I've never experienced partial separation while still having physical sensations.

Welcome to the Pulse   :-)

Greytraveller

Greetings Jdeadevil/Jono.
If you have been using one specific method to try to get out of body and it has not worked you might consider trying another method (or several different methods). There are a lot of different ways to have an OBEs. The two techniques that have worked the best for me are 1) the 'roll-out' method' and 2) projecting directly from a lucid dream.
Just keep trying different methods until something works.

Good luck
Grey

Jdeadevil

Sorry for the late reply everyone, I've read every post and I thank all of you for such good helpful advice! Ryan I've been reading that book, only just started reading the second technique where it speaks about turning the blackness to 3D, very informative eBook! :D

Blis, do you mean are my arms and hands actually moving? Haha it's weird because it feels like they does, this morning it felt like my left Funny Bone was going upwards whilst my hands were still going numb. Sometimes it's hard to tell, but I'm always scared I'll lose my AP'ness or something if I test, I mean, turns out this morning it wasn't actually moving, as I felt my astral body (which I assume it was) warp back into my physical super quick so I could move again.

Can someone give me some advice on relaxing emotionally and physically though? My eyes twitch at some point and they start making me tense the muscles (a bit) near the bridge of my nose. When I said emotionally though, my body gets excited every time I start to acknowledge I might be shifting, it might still be physical, but yeah. Also, how do I see through my eye-lids?

astraladdict

Use your third eye to tell it to relax

~astraladdict

Jdeadevil

Summerlander

Stop focusing on bodily sensations.  Also, you might want to check this seen as you mentioned that your eyes twitch rapidly:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/eyes_and_eyebrows_shaking-t34672.0.html

Jdeadevil

That's interesting, you seem to be experienced in brain surgery. :wink:

But seriously that's good, and informative, I'll remember that next time I try too exit, or should I say prepare to exit?

astraladdict

Quote from: Jdeadevil on July 30, 2011, 15:03:10
That's interesting, you seem to be experienced in brain surgery. :wink:

But seriously that's good, and informative, I'll remember that next time I try too exit, or should I say prepare to exit?
He actually eats humans brains after he kills them

Summerlander