News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Children? developmental help

Previous topic - Next topic

astralc

Ides315

my advice is just let is happen. I have worked with families with psychic traits and their 'help' has been more of a hinderance.

Most kids have this ability, but slowly lose it as they get more interested in life outside. From my experience again, children who have well developed psychic abilities have generally had unpleasant childhoods. The more trauma they have had the more developed they are. They spend so much time hiding from trauma and fear, that they tend to escape by living in their imaginations. By reading books and imaginative play, etc. they avoid unpleasant situations.

So may I suggest that you and your wife go very slowly, because it is rather frightening for little kids, especially the third eye thing you descibed. I think that you are doing enough by providing a good positive role model of how an adult handles their abilities, he needs that information and role modelling more than training.

Go slowly and gently, when he is 21 years old, or older he will have the maturity and life experience to make his own mind up for himself.

On a personal note, I am sensitive too, but I don't want to impose this sensitivity onto my children. I raised them the best I could, now it is up to them to decide if they are interested in spiritualism themselves. I have found that they have shown more of an interest later, because I didn't push astrology and psychicism when they were young. Other families, where they did push, have turned their children off it. I hope this helps.

Good luck Ides315, raising children is the biggest lesson you will have in this life.

Astralc

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
www.shoal.net.au/~astralc
"The marriage of the ancient arts of astrology, taoism, tantra and the modern science of psychology."

justine

As a child I was fairly psychic and still am, though usually I don't realize it until after the fact.
I spent most of my childhood reading. I wouldn't say it was especially traumatic though it could have been better.
Speaking of psychic abilities I had a disturbing psychic episode last week. As I was driving home from the video shop I suddenly went into a daydream/fantasy about what I would do if my sons ex girlfriend died, if I should go to the funeral, if her ethnic origins mean a different kind of funeral, if my son would be very upset and things along that line.
The next day the papers reported a body found in the park and I knew it was her, even though the name wasn't released. I spent all weekend hoping I wrong, they released her name yesterday and unfortunately I wasn't.

Hermits Unite
Hermits Unite

kakkarot

ouch. sorry to hear about that justine.

ides: let him know that he isn't normal. make it clear to him so that he won't delude him self. but also make sure he knows that, even though he isn't normal, you still love him and will help and support him with his abilities. and then DO help and support him with his abilities (as i am sure you will). don't give him any indication that you are weirded out by it; treat him the same as you always have.

and most importantly, don't let any of this become a taboo topic. keep the communication lines open. ask him questions about what he sees, and help him understand what is going on. if he knows that you guys are there with him, then he will be able to grow up more secure in his differences.

oh, and also, to go with telling him he isn't normal; also tell him that there are many others in the world like him though they are rare. telling him he isn't normal will prevent illusions from capturing his mind, but will also make him feel lonely and alone. by letting him know that there are others like him, especially his own parents (you), it will alleviate most of that lonliness and will let him know that you guys are there for him.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Ides315

Hey, Kakkarot

Yeah, we have been doing something similiar. He has already figured out that other people do not do that. It surprised him the first time I broadcast to him. We have talked that most people do not know how to do it.

He is not a lonely child, and is actually more social than my wife and I.  Since this runs in the family, we are not weirded out by it. We want him to know how to do it responsibly. We explain it to him as one of the things God gives people, and every body gets different things, or is better at some things. It helps that me and him interact mind to mind. He is not alone. He just has something a lot of people do not.

He is actually kinda jazzed about the visions, once he learned it was nothing to be scared of. All he has told me so far is kid stuff, but he likes it.

Take care

alchimiste

Kakkarot,
"let him know that he isn't normal"
As usual you're as subtle as a brick, If I were you I would wait till you have kids before you go giving advice on something as delicate as this.
Tell him he's special yes, but not normal is enough to turn him in on himself for keeps.
Did you know that the Jewish esoteric community will not initiate anyone into their secrets before the age of forty and also they need to be married as they consider celibacy a sign of underdevelopment and lack of solid stability in ones life.
Nice response astralc and good advice.
Take it easy Ides

Good luck

Alchimiste

Alchimiste
(A student of Evolution)

Demande a Dieu et il te repondra....Cherches et tu trouveras....Frappe et l'on t'ouvrira.

astralc

alchimiste

thanks for the vote, at 46 years of age my kids call me an old fart, but hey, I know a thing or two that they still dont'!

That was interesting about the Jewish tradition, didn't know that, but it sure is sound solid psychology in action to me. Good advice alchimiste.

Astralc

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
www.shoal.net.au/~astralc
"The marriage of the ancient arts of astrology, taoism, tantra and the modern science of psychology."

kakkarot

you're right alchimiste. i am as subtle as a brick. however, children don't want intricate and complex ideas and answers thrown their way. they just want the truth, plain and simple. i did. my brothers did. my sisters did. my nephews and neices did. my friends all did.  there is something to be said for bluntness, cause when someone goes on for an hour talking about something that the kid isn't interested in (or doesn't know about), the kid will get bored and stop listening.

you have to remember, alchimiste, that children aren't like adults; they have shorter attention spans and aren't as developed intellectually or spiritually.

besides, by sugar coating the truth when he is young, later in life he will realize that that were treating him like he was retarded or something, and may start to become introverted; feeling as though even his own parents didn't trust that he can handle it.

trust, love, care, and communication are all very important to the development of a child. sugar coating isn't.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

alchimiste

Kakkarot,
Did you know that children up to the age of 5-7 yrs old (this of course varies) share the astral body of their mother as they do not have one of their own as this develops later. Therefore this psycique ability may just be a result of the close tie with the mother, it could subside as he develops his own astral body or it could stay as an inherited ability.
You admit yourself that you are not normal Kakkarot but let others adapt to the world at their own pace, childhood is already too short what with the accelerated education system pushing kids to grow up too quickly; let kids be kids and let them work out normality in their own universe. Ides will be there to help IF necessary.
I never implied that we should sugar coat anything I just think that keeping your kid psycalogically balanced is a better option.

Alchimiste

Alchimiste
(A student of Evolution)

Demande a Dieu et il te repondra....Cherches et tu trouveras....Frappe et l'on t'ouvrira.

Ides315

Hmmm, sparked more controversy than I thought.

Well, for what it is worth, metaphysical discussions are not brought to our son. He brings them to us. Maybe not as such, always. We did not learn the vision screen until we asked him why he was not going to sleep. In this household, I was the only one that new about it in that description. (Just got A.D.) He is sleeping very good now.

I see your point kakkarot. I think what you are getting back is the protectivness that all parent figures have (or should). It is a fine line, he needs to know that it is not normal (or normally present), but at the same time he needs to know that he is not abnormal. I remember how mad I got when I found out things were not presented correctly. On the other hand, I also understood (later) when things were only presented to the level of my comprehension.

For what it is worth, I am not pushing him down this path, but rather standing with him, and holding his hand. If he wants to keep going, that is his choice. Standing and smelling the flowers is also fine. Or if he decides this path is not one he would go down at this time, that is good to. I will still be with him and hold his hand.

Thanks all.

kakkarot

i apologize, alchimiste, if it seemed that i was trying to say that ides should drop all the information he can on his child. i did not mean this. i meant that any info that he wanted should be given to him.

in my personal life, i would tell my child the things he can handle (if he wants to hear them), and would tell him that there are other things that he cannot yet learn, but if he would still like to hear them, then i would tell him.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

WalkerInTheWoods

alchimiste, where did you get your information that children do not have their own astral bodies until they are 5-7 years old? I personally believe this to be incorrect but am open to viewing your source or reasoning for this.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

alchimiste

Kakkarot,
There is a way of giving information that is niether sugar coated nor condesending..........it's called parental judgement (not effected by todays communication publicity bulllshit etc etc etc you know what I mean it runs in the blood kinda stuff!!!!!!???)
BTW  fallnangel my research on childhood astral bodies is 17 years young and still going, It conflicts  maybe with what you believe or know but I have had success in treating using this as a basis (it's not just me but assocates of mine that have been working on this for the last twenty years). Disagree if you want to but it works for me and NO I'm not going to divulge anything about this on this forum.

Fallnangel:::Question. Why do you personally believe this to be incorrect? prove me wrong!!!!!!!!!!

Alchimiste
(A student of Evolution)

Ides315

Hi, all

Our 5 year old son has been showing signs of psychic abilities.  For the last couple of years, he has percieved our thoughts off and on. This first manifested itself with him asking questions about things we were contemplating. It has progressed to the point, that at times we can send mental messages to him, with physical reactions. (head turns, expressions, etc..) He has been having a problem going to sleep. After questioning, he is seeing Roberts description of the brow chakra "waking up". It has been disturbing to him (A thunderstorm), and kept him from wanting to close his eyes.  We explained to him what is going on. It is not the first talk on the subject. He has also figured out that not everyone can readily percieve anothers mind, so has some reservation about discussing it.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas about continuing the devolpment, while assauging any fears a 5 (going on 10+) year old may have. We had thought about getting "telepathy" flash cards, and working with him in that way. This is our first attempt, and though abilities have run in our families, it was never encouraged, just accepted.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts