Ear ringing

Previous topic - Next topic

MaTi

This happens every time I try to project. I lay down, relax and eventually I start hearing a high pitch ringing sound in my ears. The closer I am to a successful projection, the louder it gets, to the point of being nearly painful. Most of the time I ignore it, but last night I actually stopped my projection attempt, because I was afraid that it might damage my hearing.

I am 100% sure that it's not Tinnitus, since the ringing stops as soon as I stop trying to project. I also never experience ear ringing during my normal activities.

Why does it happen? Should I be worried that it might damage my hearing, or should I just ignore it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

proyect_outzone

QuoteMost of the time I ignore it, but last night I actually stopped my projection attempt, because I was afraid that it might damage my hearing.

This noise is not physical. So it can not damage your hearing.

Loud noises occur very often during OBE-attempts.

kurai kokoro

i dissagree sometimes i'll just be sitting around and the only thing that changes is my breathing and thats what causes my ears to start ringing half the time, so just be carefull and see a doctor just in case, also it happins sometimes if i'm just tuning out everything so just thing to yourself "hello? is someone trying to contact me?" sometimes you may get an answer. but like i said be carefull and consult a doctor.
"I am the Phoenix that engulfed the dragon."

Lionheart

Welcome to the world of Astral Travel. The ringing you are hearing is caused by the "frequency" change you have undertaken. If you want to really prove that to yourself, put some earplugs in your ears and you will hear it much louder. A lot of people use this sound as a focus target when attempting Astal Travel. It will not hurt you.
Good Luck and Safe Travels  :-)

MaTi

I don't really think that consulting a doctor is a good idea. I can just imagine the look on doctor's face if I said "I have ear ringing when I attempt to leave my physical body".  :-D

I have to admit though, that this ringing is actually kinda useful, as it tells me that I am getting close to a successfil projection. However, I am still a little bit usnure about it. If these sounds are physical, and I don't really believe that they aren't, then aren't they as likely to damage my hearing as any other loud noise?

proyect_outzone

QuoteIf these sounds are physical, and I don't really believe that they aren't, then aren't they as likely to damage my hearing as any other loud noise?

A physical noise must have a source. What for a source do you expect? Dont forget, that also music and voices can be heared.

You can trust us, these loud noises are definitly not physical.

Szaxx

With a computer and a microphone it doesn't take much thought as to the rest.
Then you'll know its not physical.
Keep trying to get further and it will go. Look around at the scenery and enjoy.
Safe travels.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Athymari

I have heard it described as being the sound of the universe :0

Its like the sound of the current of energy that everything is made of.

It could also be the sound of your own energy as it intensifies.