Is astral projection / obe the same thing as lucid dreaming?

Previous topic - Next topic

luffy28

Ended up overworking when trying to use alarmy. I should've only used one phone (I used two) and it overwoke me I ended up shutting off both phones. It was also too loud.

Windwalker.

I created a 4.5 hr alarm that is having great results luff. Record silence for 90 minutes then add a quick "beep" or whatever alarm sound you want. Do that in three 90 minute intervals so it will equal a total of 4.5 hours. I did it in 90 minite intervals because that is when the brain cycles to REM. So each rem cycle you will have a brief alarm slightly jar you awake....hopefully into the obe state. Good luck!

luffy28

Quote from: Windwalker. on March 21, 2019, 16:26:58
I created a 4.5 hr alarm that is having great results luff. Record silence for 90 minutes then add a quick "beep" or whatever alarm sound you want. Do that in three 90 minute intervals so it will equal a total of 4.5 hours. I did it in 90 minite intervals because that is when the brain cycles to REM. So each rem cycle you will have a brief alarm slightly jar you awake....hopefully into the obe state. Good luck!

Yeah, every time I try to awaken 4 hours or more after sleep I end up staying up all night when I try to stay awake for five minutes or less.

This is an email Raduga sent to me.

Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 9:01 PM
To: Michael Raduga <obe4u@obe4u.com>
Hi,
I wanted to know if I can replace step 1 in the obe4u method? Instead of sleeping 4 to 6 hours I can sleep for two to two and a half hours. Also does awakening 2 to 3 hours before regular awakening work? The reason I'm asking is that every time I try to awaken after 4 to 6 hours of sleep and try to stay awake for less than 5 minutes I can't go back to sleep and end up staying awake all night long. I have a post on dreamviews asking about this. I also wanted to know how to participate in project Elijah once I have enough experience with the phase?

Thanks.

THE PHASE <obe4u@obe4u.com> Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 7:28 AM
To:
Hi,

You can wake up earlier, but there's no reason for this because your next sleep maybe too deep. Try to reduce 5-minute break, make less movements. We've been working on this problem.

You can participate in our researches even you can enter the phase once per month

- End

I don't understand what he means when he says "Try to reduce 5-minute break, make less movements." Can anyone interpret this for me?

Edit: I also wanted to ask if I can skip step 1 and do step 2 before sleep. Step 1 is awakeing after 4 to 6 hours of sleep. And step 2 is going to sleep with an intention to have a ld (or ap).

https://obe4u.com/how-to-lucid-dream/

Thanks.

Yodad

Luffy,
:?
You told Raduga that you have a hard time going back to sleep after only being awake for 5 minutes. So, he tells you to try to stay awake for less than 5 minutes instead!

It means, to try staying awake for less than 5 minutes. Try 0 to 4 minutes.

Try:
- Stay awake for 4 minutes. Can't fall asleep? Reduce time...
- Stay awake for 3 minutes. Can't fall asleep? Reduce time...
- Stay awake 2 minutes. Can't fall asleep? Reduce time...
- Stay awake 1 minute. Can't fall asleep? Reduce time...
- Stay awake for less than 1 minute. Can't fall asleep? Reduce time...
Understand? Any time LESS than 5 minutes.

When Raduga says "..., make less movements" he means to try to stay as still as possible. This is where your auto-shut off alarm helps. REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF BODY MOVEMENTS YOU MAKE TO A LITTLE AS POSSIBLE.

Crazy how it takes a paragraph to explain the most simple of things.  :cry:

luffy28

Quote from: Yodad on March 27, 2019, 17:02:01
Luffy,
:?
You told Raduga that you have a hard time going back to sleep after only being awake for 5 minutes. So, he tells you to try to stay awake for less than 5 minutes instead!

It means, to try staying awake for less than 5 minutes. Try 0 to 4 minutes.

Try:
- Stay awake for 4 minutes. Can't fall asleep? Reduce time...
- Stay awake for 3 minutes. Can't fall asleep? Reduce time...
- Stay awake 2 minutes. Can't fall asleep? Reduce time...
- Stay awake 1 minute. Can't fall asleep? Reduce time...
- Stay awake for less than 1 minute. Can't fall asleep? Reduce time...
Understand? Any time LESS than 5 minutes.

When Raduga says "..., make less movements" he means to try to stay as still as possible. This is where your auto-shut off alarm helps. REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF BODY MOVEMENTS YOU MAKE TO A LITTLE AS POSSIBLE.

Crazy how it takes a paragraph to explain the most simple of things.  :cry:

Can I awaken after two to two and a half hours of sleep? He said in the email that I can sleep for less time. Also if that doesn't work can I skip step 1 and do step 2 before sleep?

Thanks.

Phildan1

Luffy with all respect, did you even read what we or I said earlier? You are over-complicating it. Sleep for 3-4-5 hours then try it. On your back, don't move and dive into it deeply, let it happen. This is one way only. You need to sleep that much for first because you will be detached more from the physical reality and your mind is clear enough normally.
Visit my blog site: http://daily-spirit.com

luffy28

Quote from: Phildan1 on March 27, 2019, 18:35:37
Luffy with all respect, did you even read what we or I said earlier? You are over-complicating it. Sleep for 3-4-5 hours then try it. On your back, don't move and dive into it deeply, let it happen. This is one way only. You need to sleep that much for first because you will be detached more from the physical reality and your mind is clear enough normally.

Sorry for replying/asking the only reason I replied was that your posts / other posts were confusing and not simple. I'm going to sleep two to two and a half hours then do it.

Also in this URL Raduga says not to count during doing cycling techniques. This is the URL.

https://obe4u.com/typical-student-questions-2/

The problem I'm having is "Excessive Analysis" and "Excessively Alert Awakening (no Attempt or a Sluggish One)" from this URL. I'll explain it once I do it. Which I'm not doing till next Thursday / Saturday / Sunday.

Thanks.

Pandahead

I found an effective tool for "alarms" with Google Calendar. Android phones have it built in and iOS can download. All you have to do is set a recurring event and it will play a sharp sound a single time without any additional configuration. You don't even need a third-party app!

Luffy, have you ever tried meditation? To me, it seems like excessive analysis only happens when people don't know how to "control" their stream of thoughts.

That said, I feel the Excessively Alert Awakening (no Attempt or a Sluggish One) wording is poor. It says "you ought to follow instructions automatically" but that you also need to consciously do something. That seems contradictory.

It seems like you are getting caught up in theory.

Take this for instance:

You can memorize all the steps of the acronym B.E.E.F for how to properly shoot a basketball. But if you fuss over the details, you'll forget to shoot the ball at all.

luffy28

Quote from: Pandahead on March 29, 2019, 00:11:48
I found an effective tool for "alarms" with Google Calendar. Android phones have it built in and iOS can download. All you have to do is set a recurring event and it will play a sharp sound a single time without any additional configuration. You don't even need a third-party app!

Luffy, have you ever tried meditation? To me, it seems like excessive analysis only happens when people don't know how to "control" their stream of thoughts.

That said, I feel the Excessively Alert Awakening (no Attempt or a Sluggish One) wording is poor. It says "you ought to follow instructions automatically" but that you also need to consciously do something. That seems contradictory.

It seems like you are getting caught up in theory.

Take this for instance:

You can memorize all the steps of the acronym B.E.E.F for how to properly shoot a basketball. But if you fuss over the details, you'll forget to shoot the ball at all.

Hi,
Can you go into more detail about making an acronym?

I'm also going to attempt the techniques this Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday since I don't have school the two latter days. I wanted to know what Raduga means by this

Phantom wiggling (movement)
"Training. To train the technique of phantom wiggling, relax a hand for several minutes while lying down, eyes closed. Then, aggressively envision the following hand movements, without moving any muscles, for two to three minutes each: rotating, up-down, left-right, extending the fingers and drawing the fingers together, clenching and unclenching a fist." This is page 182 of his pdf book.

I don't know what he means when he says "rotating" "extending the fingers" "and drawing the fingers together"? While I wait for a possible response I'm going to practice what I understand.

Thanks.

Xanth

I'm honestly unsure if that was sarcasm (the last part) or you actually need us to explain how your hand works?  ;)
I need a bit more information.

luffy28

Quote from: Xanth on April 14, 2019, 01:32:37
I'm honestly unsure if that was sarcasm (the last part) or you actually need us to explain how your hand works?  ;)
I need a bit more information.

I think I understand it because I read it out loud multiple times. Also, I needed to know what he means when he says "What's most important is to establish the clear intention of trying them before falling asleep."

It's on this page

Thanks.

luffy28

Quote from: Windwalker. on March 21, 2019, 16:26:58

I think Raduga officially has a timer like yours.

This is it

https://obe4u.com/instruction-practical-alarm-clock/

It has silence. I don't know if it's an alarm with noise. Someone else online said it was a ramp timer (which I only know a little about what it is i'd be nice if someone could tell me exactly what a ramp timer is).

Thanks.

Windwalker.

Quote from: luffy28 on May 06, 2019, 20:30:54
I think Raduga officially has a timer like yours.

This is it

https://obe4u.com/instruction-practical-alarm-clock/

It has silence. I don't know if it's an alarm with noise. Someone else online said it was a ramp timer (which I only know a little about what it is i'd be nice if someone could tell me exactly what a ramp timer is).

Thanks.

Forget all about the name "ramp timer" luffy. It is only an alarm to wake you up. Have you ever set an alarm to wake up early in the morning to go to work or whatever? It is the same thing. It is an alarm to wake you up. But the key is you don't want to actually fully wake up. You don't want the alarm to wake you up so you are wide awake. You only want the alarm to awaken you a little bit. Have you ever woke up in the morning and you still feel sleepy and groggy when you first wake up? That grogginess is what you want to focus on. You want to become even MORE groggy BUT remain awake instead of falling back to sleep. So you want an alarm to only slightly wake you up so you are not fully awake. And you want to set this alarm when you are actively in REM sleep so when you slightly wake up you are waking up from your dream state. Do you understand this or not? What dont you understand?

luffy28

Quote from: Windwalker. on May 10, 2019, 16:23:26

Forget all about the name "ramp timer" luffy. It is only an alarm to wake you up. Have you ever set an alarm to wake up early in the morning to go to work or whatever? It is the same thing. It is an alarm to wake you up. But the key is you don't want to actually fully wake up. You don't want the alarm to wake you up so you are wide awake. You only want the alarm to awaken you a little bit. Have you ever woke up in the morning and you still feel sleepy and groggy when you first wake up? That grogginess is what you want to focus on. You want to become even MORE groggy BUT remain awake instead of falling back to sleep. So you want an alarm to only slightly wake you up so you are not fully awake. And you want to set this alarm when you are actively in REM sleep so when you slightly wake up you are waking up from your dream state. Do you understand this or not? What dont you understand?

The practical alarm is his voice waking you up in the middle of possible sleep. I tried doing it earlier this morning but when I awoke after 6 hours I ended up staying up for up to an hour to an hour and a half. The reason I stayed up is that I'm not taking the full amount of a med that was prescribed to me. The name of the med is Clozaril. I'm supposed to take 200 mg of it but most nights I take 100mg and 1/4 of the 2nd 100 mg if I take 1 and a half pills I ended up knocked out and virtually can't awaken after 6 hours because the med knocks me out for 12+ hours. When I take only one med I sleep lightly / can't go back to sleep when taking it. Either way, I'm screwed I want to tell my psychiatrist that I don't want to take psych meds but a person told me not to tell the psychiatrist that I want to get off them. I use state-funded insurance to pay for my doctor and psychiatrist since I can't work because of a disability I'm trying to go to school for engineering while not working (I'm not at college level math yet).

I'm trying to use the newest version of the obe4u book which I have physically. I'll tell the difference once I get a reply. Thanks.

Windwalker.

What happens when you dont take your clozaril? Ive had friends thru the years who were on those type psyche meds. They can definitely interfere with your practice!

luffy28

Quote from: Windwalker. on May 23, 2019, 19:57:32
What happens when you dont take your clozaril? Ive had friends thru the years who were on those type psyche meds. They can definitely interfere with your practice!

When I don't take it I can't sleep. I've at least been taking one pill a night. Also when I take it at the reduced level it's very hard to get into a deep sleep. When I take the prescribed amount I end up oversleeping.

An example of this could be trying to awaken after 6 hours and not being able to go back to sleep.

Thanks.

luffy28

Hi,
I'm practicing the practical quest on obe4u's sister site called project Elijah. I wanted to know I tried to set the practical alarm from my phone and it didn't awaken me at all. I'm trying to play two alarms at once with the 2nd alarm being 20 minutes ahead of the first one. These are the notes I made. Is the timing right? The points for the first alarm (like 1:00 meaning one hour) are the cue points in the practical alarm that are supposed to awaken the user. Any help / advice?

Thanks.

1:00

1:22

1:42

2:04

2:27

3:10

practical alarm 2 times

example 1:07

set the 2nd alarm at 20 mins each one beyond regular alarm / regular alarm starts a 1:07 - 21:07

40:00

1:00:02

1:22:00

1:44:00

2:07:00

2:40:00

Windwalker.

Quote from: luffy28 on July 01, 2019, 16:35:51
Hi,
I'm practicing the practical quest on obe4u's sister site called project Elijah. I wanted to know I tried to set the practical alarm from my phone and it didn't awaken me at all. I'm trying to play two alarms at once with the 2nd alarm being 20 minutes ahead of the first one. These are the notes I made. Is the timing right? The points for the first alarm (like 1:00 meaning one hour) are the cue points in the practical alarm that are supposed to awaken the user. Any help / advice?

Thanks.

1:00

1:22

1:42

2:04

2:27

3:10

practical alarm 2 times

example 1:07

set the 2nd alarm at 20 mins each one beyond regular alarm / regular alarm starts a 1:07 - 21:07

40:00

1:00:02

1:22:00

1:44:00

2:07:00

2:40:00

You said the alarm "didnt wake me up." All you need to do is turn up the volume a little bit so it does wake you up. And remember: you dont want the alarm to blow you out of bed because it is so loud. You want the alarm to gently rouse you to waking consciousness. Just enough to know you are awake. If you awake to much you have missed your window.

Lumaza

Luffy, for some reason, you seem to be neglecting your "Internal Clock". Perhaps that's what is being taught to right now. You can't rely on "tech" itself to project.

Common sense would tell me that if I wanted to awaken during the night, I would do something to interrupt my sleep pattern. That something is as easy as drinking a good amount of water or eating a heavy snack before you go to bed. That will fill your bladder or in case of the snack, force your digestive system into action. A full bladder with force you to awaken long enough to empty it, which in turn gives you a chance to AP. Your body will already be well relaxed at that point, so will your mind. You can then implement any of the AP techniques that you wish to use. There are a number of them to be found here in this Sub Forum. Just pick the one you feel comfortable with and have at it.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness-b30.0/

I don't awaken to a alarm clock at all anymore. I program my mind with intent before I go to sleep. Many times I will awaken a few minutes before my chosen time. At first, I used a alarm clock as a back up though. But like with anything else with this practice and other goal in "life" itself in general, you can learn to achieve it. Practice, Patience and Perseverance are the keys to success with any goal you wish to achieve.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Windwalker.

Quote from: Lumaza on July 04, 2019, 23:03:39
Luffy, for some reason, you seem to be neglecting your "Internal Clock". Perhaps that's what is being taught to right now. You can't rely on "tech" itself to project.

Common sense would tell me that if I wanted to awaken during the night, I would do something to interrupt my sleep pattern. That something is as easy as drinking a good amount of water or eating a heavy snack before you go to bed. That will fill your bladder or in case of the snack, force your digestive system into action. A full bladder with force you to awaken long enough to empty it, which in turn gives you a chance to AP. Your body will already be well relaxed at that point, so will your mind. You can then implement any of the AP techniques that you wish to use. There are a number of them to be found here in this Sub Forum. Just pick the one you feel comfortable with and have at it.

I don't awaken to a alarm clock at all anymore. I program my mind with intent before I go to sleep. Many times I will awaken a few minutes before my chosen time. At first, I used a alarm clock as a back up though. But like with anything else with this practice and other goal in "life" itself in general, you can learn to achieve it. Practice, Patience and Perseverance are the keys to success with any goal you wish to achieve.

Instead of drinking a bunch of water so as to awaken him at night to pee, how about Luffy maybe taking a shitload of exLax before bed? Thoughts?

luffy28

Quote from: Lumaza on July 04, 2019, 23:03:39

That also happens to me (awakening automatically especially if I take my meds early [5 - 6 pm]). I need to know some beautiful places to visualize it's for a research project called project Elijah at obe4u (I don't want to link to it because some dislike the obe4u method). I'm on a technique where you awaken 2 hours before your usual awakening time and try to visualize taking action in something for 5 to 10 minutes.

Thanks.

Yodad

Quote from: luffy28 on July 10, 2019, 22:23:41
That also happens to me (awakening automatically especially if I take my meds early [5 - 6 pm]). I need to know some beautiful places to visualize it's for a research project called project Elijah at obe4u (I don't want to link to it because some dislike the obe4u method). I'm on a technique where you awaken 2 hours before your usual awakening time and try to visualize taking action in something for 5 to 10 minutes.

Thanks.

http://www.astralpulse.com/astralpulseisland.html

luffy28

Hi,
I wanted to ask since every time I awaken and stay awake when doing the obe4u technique. Is there a way I can set a timer to let me stay awake for a minute and a half or less? I use alarmy for waking up but when I usually set off the alarm (with alarmy) and I stay awake for more than 2 minutes I automatically stay up and can't go back to sleep. Is there a way to set a timer for a minute and a half without having to log into my phone (unlocking the lock screen). I have an android Oreo phone. These are the apps I use.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=droom.sleepIfUCan&hl=en_US

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sportstracklive.stopwatch&hl=en_US

Thanks.