Long time no see. Something's up lol

Previous topic - Next topic

JustLikeThePill

Hey guys. Haven't been into this stuff for a long time, but within the past few months (I want to say three) something is up lol. Often, while going to sleep and not attempting to do anything (except fall asleep lol), I'll have sleep paralysis and I'll be dragged in one direction or another. I was raised up halfway once (like my torso, but not my legs). If you've ever had Salvia Divinorum, it feels just like that. Like someone is pulling you one direction or another. I'll feel Like I'm being pulled backwards on my stomach (and it actually feels really pleasant lol, like my muscles are being stretched and it feels great!). It's continuous. Imagine being tied to a car and being pulled to your stomach (but it's not scary lol), it's like there's a treadmill under me and there's nothing to fall off of. It's a continuous pull, so I hope you guys understand what I mean.  Other times I'll feel like something is pulling me off of the bed on one direction towards the floor, and that's less than pleasant but I'm getting used to it. I used to get some anxiety (not fear) by this, and my heart would race, but now I take it as it comes. I do experience some strange things, like viewing things/setting (night before last I saw a man. A formless man, like I saw him without SEEING him, but I did see him. Makes no sense lol. I got a negative vibe from that :( ) but I can't interact with them or move around. I should note that I haven't used drugs or alcohol since like, last December.

I used to be into AP for a while and had very minimal success with hours and hours of nightly attempts, and now I've got something going on and I'm not trying at all lol. I'm fully conscious (I could be more lucid, but I'm conscious) and I've seen settings/places but just havn't "phased" into them yet. It seems like when I try to do anything, other than go with the flow, I snap out of it. It's actually interesting. As I lay there I can feel snapping out of it (but still having that drugged out half-asleep feeling) and snapping back into it. Fully paralyzed.

So yeah. What's up with the sudden change? I've been without any sort of "activity" since my last visit here in Feb. of 2007 (but honestly thought it was longer than that, but that's what my last post before this said).  What's up with this recent development? I'd like to take advantage of what's happening if I can. It just seems like every time I try to, I ruin it. I can't help but get an overall negative feel whenever I'm able to "see".

I guess I should mention on one occasion I felt like I was in two places at once. I was laying down looking up at myself, and also looking down on  myself from about a foot or two away. I didn't literally see myself (but I DID literally see myself. Does this make ANY sense at all?) and I felt as if I was fully in both places at once. Pretty weird.

JustLikeThePill

Zante

Go with the flow, unravel the mystery without trying to force it. Make an attempt to communicate, be clever with your use of emotions, and don't panic etc...

CFTraveler

Forgive me for being Miss Obvious, but you're obviously having uncontrolled projections and sleep paralysis with dweller.  Those kind of experiences were what got me to look into learning to induce them, and control them.
If you just wanted an opinion that's it.
If you want to take control try doing energy work while it happens and it'll put you back in the driver's seat, at least it did me.
If not, just enjoy.

JustLikeThePill

I wouldn't call them "projections" would I? Maybe the one time I was floating but that hasn't happened since. What does "with dweller" mean?  I want any opinions, whatever they are :P

Other day this weird thing happened where I was "strobing" in and out off the weird dreamy paralysis... I mean it's like you literally feel like you're "slipping under" or something. I'd come out of it,  go back into it, over and over. The whole time this weird african-sounding chant was going through my head. I heard it but I didn't intend to hear it, nor do I remember what it said but it was constant. Weird lmao.

The big mystery is why :P

Endless Dave

I'm reasonably new to all this, but I can already see something which should provide many answers for you...read Robert Bruce's "Astral Dynamics". The bit I was reading last night introduced me to the concept of the mind split - quite complicated but a definite answer for your feeling of being in two places at once. According to Bruce's theories, your physical body had projected a carbon copy of your consciousness into a higher subtle body, probably etheric as opposed to astral (if this all sounds bizarre the book will provide answers!), which means that you can have two sets of consciousness and memory running parallel. Crazy s**t!

I presume the Dweller reference is the "Dweller on the Threshold". You can read about that in Bruce's book, also try putting it into Wikipedia. Again according to Bruce, any forms you see at the point of exit, no matter how seemingly malevolent, are nothing to worry about and can be ignored. Quite possibly just manifestations of your own fear or uncertainty. Move away from your body and they will begone!

Despite my noviceness, hope this helps! Just have a read of the book, I can't say for definite if it is all accurate for everyone but it does seem to make a lot of sense.

JustLikeThePill

I had AD years ago but it disappeared. Lol, I didn't lose it, it just disappeared. I think someone at school probably picked it up or stole it. I need to buy it again.

I wiki'd Dweller on the Threshold and that's interesting. I don't believe in reincarnation, but it's interesting that I've really been trying to change personality flaws lately. Namely trying to not be so judgmental and presumptuous of the beliefs of others (kind of like if someone tells me they're Christian, I automatically assume they're homophobic republicans. The irony is I'm a gay Christian lmao... Have a bible thumping-grandmother and assumed she was Republican.. until I found out she voted for Hillary Clinton. Shocking!). I've been trying to be a nicer person in general, not that I was ever a mean person lol. We could ALL be nicer. I've seriously been working on that.. Not judging others by income/clothes/lifestyle choices/typical teenage stuff (i'm 18.. so nothing unusual here). Really trying to not judge and presume if I expect not to be, but this started before I ever started working on that. It's not malevolent per se....  It's like it's smiling or happy, but negative. Like it's mischievous or wants to scare me but not actually hurt me, for kicks. I dunno..... really interesting. I have never gotten the impression that it wanted to do me any harm, and I know nothing can hurt me physically anyway. The best analogy I can think of is that it strikes me as manic or something... psychotic, but not in a necessarily bad way but still frightening. Of course frightening things could just be good things that are misunderstood. Salvia REALY taught me that, in a huge way. It was so intense and meaningful, it took a year for me to be ready to do some inner-exploration with it again (and I still haven't!). Definately a spiritual tool and not recreational at all.  This is the first I've heard of this concept and it doesn't happen every time, and it only started relatively recently... I dunno. It's very interesting. I am glad that the whole process of "slipping into" the state of consciousness doesn't excite me and make my heart race anymore. It feels very fluid. I should mention i don't ever get vibrations. I've only gotten vibrations once or twice while trying to AP years ago. It was... unexpectedly intense.

This normally happens when I'm on my back, but also when I sleep on my side. I've been having strange dreams where for short periods of time I'm aware that I'm dreaming, but to be honest I don't know if that's a fuzzy lucid dream or if I just dreamt that I was aware I was dreaming. I'm never in a fully-immersed 360 degree environment like waking life. It's always ike everything is in front and to the sides of me, with nothing in back. Like a movie. I dunno if I'm having fuzzy lucid dreams or dreaming I'm having a lucid dream. Weird.

CFTraveler

Quote from: JustLikeThePill on July 07, 2008, 22:46:00
I wouldn't call them "projections" would I? Maybe the one time I was floating but that hasn't happened since. What does "with dweller" mean?  I want any opinions, whatever they are :P
I would, because your conscious awarenss is going 'places', or shifting phase, if you like this term better.  The guys above explained mind split well, so I won't go into that.  But bilocation happens, and I think it's happening to you.
Dweller on the Threshold usually happens to people who have separated already, but their conscious awareness is still in the body.  At least their primary point of view is 'located' there.  The presence of their own projected energy then turns on the 'stranger in my room and I'm asleep' alarms, and the fear associated with this (primal) is fed into the energy body, which in turns feeds it back to the physical body, and it continues feeding back until it becomes panic.
Dweller manifestations don't always include a 'visual monster'- sometimes the 'feeling' of something there can indicate it, if the ebody is close enough or far enough.  But if it's 'just' right, the projected e-body will take the form of something scary.
Traditional mysticism classifies the dweller as an independent entity that is there to avoid your 'going' somewhere you're not supposed to go to-Sometimes for your protection.  I don't see it as independent, I see it as an aspect of yourself.
Whichever it is, it's not dangerous.

QuoteOther day this weird thing happened where I was "strobing" in and out off the weird dreamy paralysis... I mean it's like you literally feel like you're "slipping under" or something. I'd come out of it,  go back into it, over and over. The whole time this weird african-sounding chant was going through my head. I heard it but I didn't intend to hear it, nor do I remember what it said but it was constant. Weird lmao.

The big mystery is why :P
You were bilocating.  Part of you was somewhere else and part of you was here, and you integrated it in your consciousness as 'in and out'. 
This tells me that:
You have a lot of experience projecting and your brain is starting to accept the bilocated information.
You're a natural projector, and  probably project more than you think.

JustLikeThePill

I wish I could say I have a lot of experience :P The idea of being a natural projector is appealing lol. If only any natural talent had manifested it's self when I purposely try lol. Do you know what might have started this stuff happening without me trying anything lately? Any ideas?

Today is happened again. Just a few hours ago when I was trying to take a nap. Then I saw a "porthole" in the blackness... a hypnagogic image, and within it it was like a video and to me it looked like someone videotaping a kitchen with a camcorder lol, but a little closely so I couldn't tell it was a kitchen at first. I tried to focus on it to make it larger, or to "phase" into it or whatever, and poof. Gone. Every time I try to do anything other than observe, I "snap out of it". If I think about observing, I also snap out of it. C'est la vie I guess.

I used to daydream a lot as a kid you know. A lot. I could hold onto a very vivid and realistic scenario and really "see" it in my head for a very long time whenever I would daydream. Now I can't really make a mental construct. I can't hold onto an image in my head, not even a simple image like a simple two-dimentional shapes (like a red square or something) I see it and then poof, it's gone. Rarely do I daydream... I stopped daydreaming when I started prozac, I think. Or it may have been just because I was growing up, and taking prozac was a coincidence. I stopped taking prozac and switched to Wellbutrin a few months ago. Wellbutrin has a side effect of CRAZY weird and vivid dreams. You know the dreams you get when you eat like pork or something before bed? I get those every single night since starting Wellbutrin. I enjoy it, it's all very nonsensical and crazy and vivid :) I wonder if the drugs have anything to do with anything. I always felt very emotionally anesthetized on Prozac, and I'm much more emotional (in a good way) on Wellbutrin. I could never cry over a sad movie on Prozac, for example. I was almost always neutral and when I would feel a strong emotion, it wasn't as strong as it should have been. After prozac withdrawal I'm doing great. Maybe prozac suppressed something, and wellbutrin at worst got rid of that blockade when I switched, or at best enhances something. There were studies done, IIRC, that found that Wellbutrin shortened REM latency and increased time spent in REM sleep.

Harliquin

I had that stomach feeling the other night, where i felt my stomach being pushed down really hard, like a rope was round it from below. I wonder if someone is trying to pull me out during my sleep, but becuase the rest of my body isnt relaxed enough its not able to pull the rest of me?

Any ideas?

It does seem though the more relaxed about the whole thing you are, ie when you are not trying to do it, it all starts happening. I think people i know on the astral are aware i want to experience stuff, and are attempting to help me, but also dont want to scare me, so they tend to do it in odd ways?
OBE enthusiast

Harliquin

Oh and a message to my astral people, I want you to yank me out now WHAT EVER IT TAKES!!

I might get slightly scared though. :oops:

:-D :-D
OBE enthusiast

JustLikeThePill

And last night There was flashing red and white alternating light and some noise that went along with it, the normal body dissociation (but I wouldn't call it projection... I didn't float up or anything lol. ) almost orgasmic sexual feeling (Don't ask me why that happened, but it was intense and I dunno what's up with that, either).

I heard deep whispering, I have no idea what it said. I got that spooky presence feeling and said something like " That's just my dweller!" or something like that lol, and it went away more or less. I also heard LOUD Piano/keyboard music. Like there was a piano player in my room lol.

I did the "pulsing" thing where I would slip in and out of this state.... and the physical feeling that went along with going in and out (I wish I could describe it!) And of course, once I tried to do anything, or even think about just observing and not doing anything, I started to exit this whole "process" and return to normal. Argh. I tried to lay there and "do it", but I couldn't. It happens spontaneously and never when I want it to happen.

It feels REALLY good... like I'm on some dissociative drug like Dextromethorphan or something lol. Like floating in water and having the tide pull me while my body is stretched out like Gumby. I've only had that intense sexual feeling last night, though. Awkward to talk about but honesty is the best policy, right? lol

Harliquin

I totally can relate to where your at with all this. I am the same. I think the sexual thing is something to do with energy suging throug the chakra related to the sex organs (could be wrong).

I get all the tugging stuff, and stretching etc, maybe even a bit of wavey type feeling. But no release from body.

I cant seem to get my head round how to feel my astral body as opposed to my phisical either. Do you suddenly feel like you are swapped into your astral body and so move it out of your physical as if you were slipping out of bed. ??
OBE enthusiast

JustLikeThePill

Nope, I feel like I'm in the same body, just without the physical limits of how far it can contort and stretch. My body feels different (Best I can explain it is I feel drugged, sorry lol), but I never have any sensation of leaving it. Except like that one time I mentioned.

Harliquin

Oh ok, yep i know what you mean, kinda relaxed and drugged, and without the pains and itches of the physical body.

I think thats where im going wrong, im not moving the new body because im afraid of moving the physical. So i just keep totally still and therefore dont shift the projected body out of the realm of the physical?  :evil:
OBE enthusiast

JustLikeThePill

Pains and itches? Maybe you should see a doctor lol.

All of this stuff is so weird to me, and it seems like there are really no rules, so it's possible that the two of us are exiting our physical bodies and shifting into astral bodies without any sensation of doing so. For me, it feels like I'm going inward rather than outward. If I was "projecting", it feels like i'm "projecting" into an "inner space" instead of outside my physical body. I have a hard time calling what's happening to me "projecting" because to me that means exiting... but maybe I'm exiting inwards? I don't know.

It's all very exciting :) I really feel like prozac held me back.... I'd REALLY like some input on the whole prozac/wellbutrin thing, and how Wellbutrin affects REM. More or less, this started when I quit prozac and started Wellbutrin. It may have happened a little bit before, I am TERRIBLE with time. To me, something that happened four years ago feels like it happened siz months ago. Something that happened a week ago feels like it happened three months ago. I'm worse with time than I am directions hehe.

CFTraveler

I just gotta comment because I think everyone gets too caught up in 'labeling' and semantics.
An astral body and a physical and an etheric and a mental body are not different vehicles we get in and out of- they are degrees of energy expression that our conscious awareness can extend into and perceive.  So the physical body is just the material expression of our perception in a specific range of existence, while our etheric body is the subtler expression of our being, and so forth, all the way to the mental body.  They are not 'separate' from you, they are ways for you to experience.
We tend to call them different names and assign different purpose because it's easier for classification purposes, but they are all expressions of how we gather information- In a nutshell.
.02, JMO, and all that good stuff.