White Noise??

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

The easiest way I can think of is to use a radio with stereo headphones. Somewhere between stations, where there is nothing but static. Actually, plain music serves the same purpose for me, because as soon as I start concentrating on something I stop hearing it. That is why I usually listen to a book on tape instead of music at work. It is easy to go through my work day in a trance.

Frank

In the summer I find the bedroom air-conditioning fan quite relaxing. Have drifted off to it many times.

Yours,
Frank

Tisha

The sound of driving.  OY.   I'm better off as a passenger.

Tisha

"As Above, So Below"
Tisha

Tisha

repetitive dance steps  

the sound of tribal drums

the rhythm and cadence of the voice of a particular friend of mine

Orators of the Martin Luther King variety (an effective speech puts the audience into a trance)

the ocean

All of these things have worked for me . . . although I trance pretty easily.  Anything repetitive can put you in a trance, it proves that you don't need $100 on props to progress with this kind of work!

Note that all of these things have a rhythm, a repetitive nature.

Tisha

"As Above, So Below"
Tisha

waterfall

quote:
Originally posted by overworked:
Outside of basic med. CDs, etc.  anyone ever use basic "white noise" to get into a trance?

quite often when I'm going into trance I hear a white inner noise... that gets deafening.. before I slip out. I kind of lean into the noise and it helps me go deeper.
waterfall

overworked

Outside of basic med. CDs, etc.  anyone ever use basic "white noise" to get into a trance?