A self-introduction/question concerning Dark Elves

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Faced Liar

Dear Violet

Have you listened to Whitley Strieber's show on Lord of the Rings. There is a guy who is on the radio show, who talks all about it, might want to give it a listen. Go to www.unknowcountry.com  and click on the green listen now in the top right hand corner. Its Feb. 16th that you would want to listen too.

Dog Faced Liar

Hi Violet

It seems that the Lord of the Rings segment starts at 37:00 into it.

Violet

Dear Dog Face Liar,

Thank you very much.  I have listened to part of it now and did indeed find it very interesting.  I found his tracing of the root meaning of  words very interesting and how the Christian church basically stripped choice from the people.  I never knew the word "haresy" meant "choice".  

Many Thanks,
Violet

Winged_Wolf

So, are you talking about the antisocial psychic vamps who steal energy, or the polite ones who ask first?  (Times change).  In modern vamp culture, predatory behavior is frowned upon.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

travrai blue robes

uh oh, I caught you guys talking about alternative perceptions of good and evil.

here's one:

in the beginning, there was silence. we were all part of the silence, united, asleep, undisturbed, at peace. until one jerk wakes up, we'll call him god. he becomes the creative force, and what the creative force does, is construct, make noise, and bind together... he creates form, the forcing together of the darkness, and he insists on waking everyone one of us up to join him and play the same games he is playing. some of us are notably ticked at this jerk who won't stop trying to disturb our natural state. we might even lash out to defend our peace. others agree, that, what the hell, you woke me up, but you're a fun bloke. I'm going to hang out with you and help spread this fun. the most wise of the 'evil' are above distractions and clear in the purpose of silence and peace. the most wise of the 'good' are above distractions and clear in the purpose of creativity and sharing. which side is right? who can say. they are just different.

that's just some fiction I made up. I'll be the first to tell anyone who should catch such imaginative thought from me that there is a truth but you don't get it by imagining.

PeacefulWarrior

travrai blue robes-
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  I found your reply quite thought provoking, not the words necessarily...but where it trasnported my thoughts, if you know what I mean.

There's one point, however, that I beg to put under the microscope of thought.  Good and evil ARE different and they BOTH have to be in order for the other to exist... BUT I delcare that good (light) is better than evil (darkness).  Why?  Maybe it's because I am in the light, or striving to be in the light, and I like the way it feels.  I also see that evil always desires to drag light down with it to it's miserable state.  I also know, from my own experiences, that darkness never feels good about itself and always despises evil, while on the other hand light feels bad for darkness and wants to pull it forward.  

Forgive the ill used metaphors and weak stylistic flow of my thoughts...

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

Winged_Wolf

Eh, I think too many people spend too much time dwelling on the whole good and evil question.
Good and evil are both in the mind of the beholder only.  They have no other existence.  I can make up a concept called dwoit, and say it's the opposite of fnord, but that's all in my head, see?

If something makes you happy, and benefits you and yours, you call it good--if something ticks you off and tries to hurt or harm you and yours, you call it evil.
To the deer, the wolf is evil--to the wolf, the human is evil.
But are any of them, REALLY?  I don't think so.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

Tir13

Oh you little monkeys....

Here is my take on it.  First, get rid of those quaint little good/evil labels, with humans its all "shades of grey" especially when working with post-conventional moral reasoning.  To keep things simple there are two main forces at work within our little universe.  Order and Chaos.  Humans are creatures working within 'Order', we like our laws, places, positions, gov't, tra la la.  The idea of 'destructive' energies and lack for a better word, 'anarchy' rarely fit within our mainstream way of thinking.  With Chaos, everything is its opposite, but "not" (it gets more confusing)...and Chaos creatures are just a pleasure to work with *sarcasm*.  These two models (especially Order with humans) set boundaries for us, showing us what brings us pleasure and pain, at least from a behaviorist perspective...I dunno, who really knows?

Night,
Jason

Winged_Wolf

I think we are as everything else is--living within chaos and order.  I do not think chaos and order are opposed, I think they exist within one another.  This is a paradox, but paradox may be the fuel for motion, and motion is what makes all of this possible....
I once had a....thought, insight, whimsy, whatever....of the universe as a paradox chasing its tail.  It is infinitely small, yet infinitely large, and this paradox going around and around like a computer stuck on resolution of a problem creates the motion that allows things to change.
Without change, nothing we know is possible, certainly not life.  Nothing moves, nothing grows, nothing thinks.  This is the ultimate of "order"--complete stagnation.  Its opposite is pure nothingness because without pattern nothing can exist, even briefly.  So much for chaos and order.  It takes both, one within the other, to make reality.

Perhaps paradox is at the foundation of everything....if so then when we come down to the basest level of something and find a paradox there, perhaps we really have found the truth, instead of made a mistake or missed a bit of information.....
or perhaps all paradoxes are resolved, only to reveal more paradoxes below them...and so on into infinity.....

Just something to think about. :)

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Anonymous

Fallen Karma- I suggest you train heavily in Shaolin kung fu and "Empty Force" Qi Gong. Both styles are highly effective. Let me put it this way: To hit my instructor is to hit a solid steel wall. Look for kung fu brothers in the astral plane who have passed from this world and ask them for advice.

"Everything you see or hear or experience in any way at all is specific to you. You create a universe by perceiving it, so everything in the universe you perceive is specific to you."

-Douglass Adams

"Shaolin men and women NEVER give up!"

Fallen Karma

I've led an extrodinary life as far as the paranormal is concerned. I looked everywhere for a place to ask my questions, and I'm glad I finally found it here. My concern is with Dark Elves. They can be described as the manifestation of the collective unconcious belief that "something" is lurking in the dark. Well, recently, I believe the Dark Elves in question have visited the physical plane more often and plan on doing so in the future. I'm curious if any of you have any experience with Dark Elves regarding physical or astral battle with them, known weaknesses etc. I want to know as much as possible, as I believe I was told by an Astral Father that I was to be involved in "dealings" with them in the future. I'm also curious if anyone has heard of the psy-astral vampiric group called the House of Druis. Very interested in hearing a reply...