News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Spirits I saw once years ago.

Previous topic - Next topic

Shivers

Thought this may be an interesting story for those who wish to read it :-)
I'm a mum of three kids and while I was giving birth(no gory details I promise :wink:) the midwife asked right towards the end if I wanted a mirror to watch my baby being born.  As I was struggling, I didn't want to be freaked out so I said no and closed my eyes.

When I opened them, there was a young woman's face(I knew in an instant who she was) floating right up near my own face(midwife and hubby were behind me).  She seemed very concerned and kept asking if I was ok.  Now, there was no sound but I just knew in my mind what she was saying.
The woman then looked over her shoulder towards the back of the room and a large white glow appeared.  Out of that glow, I could see shapes forming in the shape of people.
My grandfather(who died about 20 years ago) was at the forefront and behind him seemed to be many of my deceased relatives.
The woman then started to back away and a man appeared behind her and rested his arms on her shoulders, then they both disappeared and then so did my own grandfather and relatives.

A week or so after the experience, I described the woman and man to my mother-in law who then went into shock.  She brought out photos which I'd never seen before and they were spot-on.

The funny thing is was that I wasn't allowed any painkilling drugs in my labour as my baby was distressed and the midwife wanted him out asap, so there wouldn't have been any hallucinations.  I'm also not a religious person and never believed that there was any afterlife until that experience. 
What's made me curious, is how would someone be able to see something like that?  Has anyone else had a similar experience with seeing spirits while completely conscious?

proyect_outzone

I had once an similar experience under other circumstances.

I made an OBE attempt. But i heared suddenly an realistic metallic mechanic voice. Yes, i know, voices and noises are common. But now it somes. I was scared and opened my physical eyes. Now i saw i green sphere very detailled floating above me. It was a bit bigger than a basketball and looked like some kind of plasma. Flames or spikes floated lively around. A yellow transparent core was in a green shell. The glowing of this sphere enlighted the enviroment. But then faded it away. It lasted only 1 or 2 seconds. I saw never anything like this again. I saw also never again anything supernatural in this way.

This (self made) image is by far not as detailled as the real sphere was.

Ident

I firmly believe that stress weakens the veil between our world and spirit.

proyect_outzone

It is right. Some kinds of stresses and several reactions to stresses can make much more sensitive for supernatural things.

CFTraveler

Quote from: Shivers on January 27, 2012, 07:47:12
Thought this may be an interesting story for those who wish to read it :-)
I'm a mum of three kids and while I was giving birth(no gory details I promise :wink:) the midwife asked right towards the end if I wanted a mirror to watch my baby being born.  As I was struggling, I didn't want to be freaked out so I said no and closed my eyes.

When I opened them, there was a young woman's face(I knew in an instant who she was) floating right up near my own face(midwife and hubby were behind me).  She seemed very concerned and kept asking if I was ok.  Now, there was no sound but I just knew in my mind what she was saying.
The woman then looked over her shoulder towards the back of the room and a large white glow appeared.  Out of that glow, I could see shapes forming in the shape of people.
My grandfather(who died about 20 years ago) was at the forefront and behind him seemed to be many of my deceased relatives.
The woman then started to back away and a man appeared behind her and rested his arms on her shoulders, then they both disappeared and then so did my own grandfather and relatives.

A week or so after the experience, I described the woman and man to my mother-in law who then went into shock.  She brought out photos which I'd never seen before and they were spot-on.

The funny thing is was that I wasn't allowed any painkilling drugs in my labour as my baby was distressed and the midwife wanted him out asap, so there wouldn't have been any hallucinations.  I'm also not a religious person and never believed that there was any afterlife until that experience. 
What's made me curious, is how would someone be able to see something like that?  Has anyone else had a similar experience with seeing spirits while completely conscious?
That is a wonderful story, Shivers.
I'm sure you saw your relatives 'being with you' in that momentous occasion.

Shivers

It's really thrown a spanner in the whole works as I've never believed in any kind of afterlife before then.  Used to be an athiest, but now there seems to be much more to life and death and astral travel I think is all tied up in it.

Proyect- that's cool :-)  I think I read something about how entities/guides and others can appear as a ball of light during Obe's.  Do you remember at all what the entity said to you?

proyect_outzone

QuoteI think I read something about how entities/guides and others can appear as a ball of light during Obe's.  Do you remember at all what the entity said to you?

Sadly i was not able to understand this voice. It was some kind of mechanic and probably an other language.

I was physically complete awake. I saw it, after the voice roused me out from the relaxation, which was intended to archive an OBE.

melanie

That story is amazing. Sounds like your relatives were checking you were OK and to see the arrival of your beautiful baby :)