News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The winter black sky reveals things

Previous topic - Next topic

Everlasting

I have seen these multicolored "stars" for years but now there are more it seems, I see 4 just to the south from my balcony, there are probably many more. They blink red, yellow, green, white. They are in space and must be freaking huge. I'm now convinced they are alien crafts.
Priests of hippocratic love talk of peace and Christ, Power is their only goal. Now they all shall die.

TofuAttack

ive seen them too, usually they are just a bit bigger than regular stars but if you stare at them long enough you can see different colours radiating from them. im not so convinced that they're aliens because if they were spacecrafts i doubt you'd be able to see them with the naked eye.

CFTraveler

I saw one around August in the Southeast sky that shone in different colors.   We looked at it with a telescope and it still couldn't be clearly identified.  I thought it was some sort of satellite, but it wasn't moving at all.

Taoistguy

Jarrod

I once saw a bright neon green shooting star pretty close to me.  I think it was just falling space junk though, burning a different color than a natural meteorite because it had synthetic parts with chemicals that burn freaky colors.

personalreality

stars twinkle and change color because of their light interacting with our atmosphere.

that was one of the first things i learned about astronomy because i always though stars were aliens because they twinkled and changed color.
be awesome.

Jarrod

Here's a fun trick you can play on people.  When you're outside at night with somebody just be looking at the sky and then pretend to see something "That star just moved!" and start semi-freaking out and pointing at it and getting them to look at it to.  "Just keep looking at that star, I swear it moved."  If you look at a star for long enough it appears to start wiggling around and moving slightly.  That's just because of your eyes twitching though and since there isn't much reference in the black sky except the point of light you're looking at...it looks like the star is moving around.  It's very hard to stare at something with completely still eyes.  They always want to be twitching around.  I remember my dad playing this trick on my cousin.  It was pretty funny.  My cousin was totally convinced he was looking at a spaceship.

Taoistguy

Well you're a barrel of laughs! ;) Not coming to yours for xmas. What do you do for an encore? Put fish-shaped carrots in a bowl and eat them as you walk around a fairground? LOL ;)

Only teasing. ;)

CFTraveler

Quote from: personalreality on December 07, 2010, 11:23:29
stars twinkle and change color because of their light interacting with our atmosphere.

that was one of the first things i learned about astronomy because i always though stars were aliens because they twinkled and changed color.
I gotta tell you, I've done a lot of stargazing and never saw them change colors.  Twinkle yes, strobe green and blue and red no.  But maybe it's that now I wear glasses and it contributes to the 'prism' effect.  But in my case, it was only one star.

So,  :?

CFTraveler

Quote from: Jarrod on December 07, 2010, 11:59:40
Here's a fun trick you can play on people.  When you're outside at night with somebody just be looking at the sky and then pretend to see something "That star just moved!" and start semi-freaking out and pointing at it and getting them to look at it to.  "Just keep looking at that star, I swear it moved."  If you look at a star for long enough it appears to start wiggling around and moving slightly.  That's just because of your eyes twitching though and since there isn't much reference in the black sky except the point of light you're looking at...it looks like the star is moving around.  It's very hard to stare at something with completely still eyes.  They always want to be twitching around.  I remember my dad playing this trick on my cousin.  It was pretty funny.  My cousin was totally convinced he was looking at a spaceship.
Your family sounds like a lot of fun.   :-P

personalreality

Quote from: CFTraveler on December 07, 2010, 13:12:48
I gotta tell you, I've done a lot of stargazing and never saw them change colors.  Twinkle yes, strobe green and blue and red no.  But maybe it's that now I wear glasses and it contributes to the 'prism' effect.  But in my case, it was only one star.

So,  :?

well i wouldn't say they strobe, but you can notice one star appearing to be a different color at different times.
be awesome.

EscapeVelocity

The closer to the horizon, the more pronounced this prismatic effect can be, with stars, and especially planets. More atmosphere for the light to travel through, I guess. Here in the USA, Mars, Jupiter and especially Venus are great to observe when they are low in the sky.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

personalreality

exactly.

the angle that the light hits the atmosphere changes as the earth rotates and revolves, producing different colors.  but like i said, i would expect the colors to strobe.
be awesome.

CFTraveler

This wasn't low on the sky.  It was around 70 degrees due southeast.  Higher than the highest trees.  I still think it was a satellite.

Unabomber

i started noticing them between 1-2 years ago. I suspect they are space battles or simply big ships.
The Iceman was his nickname
...wasn't a very nice man
but a dedicated family man

Psionic

Quote from: Everlasting on November 29, 2010, 00:56:32
I have seen these multicolored "stars" for years but now there are more it seems, I see 4 just to the south from my balcony, there are probably many more. They blink red, yellow, green, white. They are in space and must be freaking huge. I'm now convinced they are alien crafts.

I thought I was the only one who saw this type of thing with the stars... I don't know if they are alien crafts or not and I don't want to speculate.

Warlexx

These are not spaceships or spacebattles.This thing happen because of atmosphere temperature differences. :wink:

blis

Ten years or so ago I looked out my window and saw stars flashing different colours. I asked my mate if he could see it too and he said yes. I got my binoculars out and even in close up they were flashing different colours. I came to the conclusion it was because we'd been watching TV for ages; the colours we were seeing were the same colours that a TV picture is made up from. I thought it must have done something to our eyes.

It's funny to see this thread just now because I saw flashing coloured stars again a few weeks ago for the first time since all those years ago. I hadnt been watching TV this time so it's nice to find out what's really going on.

schockstuhh

Quote from: CFTraveler on December 07, 2010, 18:44:28
This wasn't low on the sky.  It was around 70 degrees due southeast.  Higher than the highest trees.  I still think it was a satellite.

i wouldn't think so if you mean that it was in one place. i've done my share of stargazing as well and i've seen a number satellites. satellites look like stars and they don't twinkle as well. However, they move across the sky at a steady speed. they actually aren't that hard to spot.