News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

God versus Belief.

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuvo22

:cry:  I'm just so tired.  Tired of the pain I've had lately. With a freshly broken heart that still hasn't healed fully after a year and a half since my ex left me. Even with all these self improvements I've been making, braces, getting out more, meeting new friends and trying to find my place to "fit in", it's just so hard for a boy like me who likes piercings, has tattoo's and wears tight black jeans and platforms.

It's not always been like this for me though. And even through all of today's misery and pain that I see in my clients who come to me weekly, I will always have this lingering comforting knowledge that there's meaning behind meaning.  This is because my background as an afterlife researcher has landed me with resources to empirical evidence for life after death. A good read for laymen is //www.victorzammit.com

I find it interesting how many people question their own beliefs constantly as if they are terrified to believe in something that might turn out to be "wrong". It's neurosis if you ask me. This constant need for to "do the right thing" is ingrained in us culturally. Most of us need lots of therapy to undo the damage of this neurotic behavior.
I have met a lot of people who claim that they do not believe in God. Most are young people my age who haven't yet even formed a model of the world. Most of us don't even know the names of 10% of the countries on our planet, some of which we buy our name brand clothing from!
These young "atheists" are merely searching for a release from dogma and all of the "shoulds" that our neurotic adults try to ingrain into us. I have observed though that most atheists don't actually behave like people who have no beliefs. In fact they often engage in debates and arguments to support their view of a chaotic God-free universe.  This suggests simply to me that even Atheism is a belief system.

A lot of atheists have come to me and said "Bro' I simply am not weak minded enough to depend on a God to blame for all of the wrongs in the world. I can accept that this world is horrible and I am proud to be closer to the truth for it".  It's often cynical minded individuals who take to this atheistic view.
These atheists who I've met tend to blame human ignorance and nature for the cause of suffering. And the sorts of rituals most atheists follow are more self based, to improve self standards (which can be wonderful), but often lead to building defense mechanisms to shelter themselves from all of the insane "believers" that exist in the world- who are so delusional.

Admittedly, it must be horrifying for Atheists to be alive in this day and age. Seeing a man like Bush in the media saying he's killing innocent Iraqi's because God told him to seems to lend a lot of credence to an Atheistic view point doesn't it?
Obviously we all know a universal entity would never condone causing pain and suffering on others- and we all know Bush is NOT in contact with that kind of intelligence. For one, if he were, he would know how to speak properly.

I must point out that this post is not about God.  It's about our beliefs, and anyone is open to share their personal belief here. I don't believe that anyone will persecute you on this forum. :P
It is my observation that we must remember belief is subjective and as a rule of thumb belief must always change when science and discovery bring forth fact that challenge it. Fact is:  fact changes what you believe in. This is recorded in history time and again. Such as Christopher Columbus sailing around the world, proved-in-fact that the world was not flat as the majority believed. In stages the popular belief changed to accept the fact that the planet is a sphere. (Note: The Greeks had already theorized the earth was round six hundred years prior, but in the days of Columbus, this notion was merely a myth. Today many intelligent and advanced individuals theorize the existence of a god, yet it has been seen as myth up until now).

Facts today are showing that there's an afterlife, and yes, a being we can call God. Even N.A.S.A. has experimented with trance communication and has made contact with intelligences from the afterlife who affirmed that life after death is real and there is a creator. The N.A.S.A. was involved in the scole experiments during the late 20th century which were basically a series of sittings in pitch black rooms where several voices and bodies of entities that we would call "dead" had appeared and conversed directly with the scientists and mediums present. This may be new to you and unbelievable, but it's all documented and can be researched on line if you look up The Scole Report. The documented experiments were reviewed by a committee of top scientists and found to be legitimate. Several of the scientists who were a part of the side of the committee who negated the scole experiments later came out in the media and announced their resignation from the scientific board because they found out that their fellow scientists who had voted negatively against the scole experiments were fabricating lies about the proof to protect their own career interests in fear of losing jobs if they supported evidence for the afterlife.
It should be noted though that these intelligences who spoke through at these seances are not pleased with how dogmatic the religions of earth can be and have also stated through highly credible psychic mediums that the only true religion is service to others. Service mankind as a servant, that is the true meaning of religion.

Check it out for yourself.

UniOne

http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/265334/UnificationTheorem.doc
http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/265334/Uni-Force.doc

There is very much you know... yet so little you understand...
The links above indicate research that has progressed for nearly two years now...

There is science in religion...

Open your mind friend... and share my research... I hope this might bridge some gaps in what we know...

Pass it on... and E-mail me anything for more...

P.S.: I'm also continuing this research... More will include the mystery behind the Holy Trinity... and the full evolution on the world...

beavis

Quotemany intelligent and advanced individuals theorize the existence of a god, yet it has been seen as myth up until now).

QuoteFacts today are showing that there's an afterlife, and yes, a being we can call God.

Afterlife can exist without god. If you disagree, explain without talking about "heaven", "angels", etc. Where is your proof of god?

QuoteEven N.A.S.A. has experimented with trance communication and has made contact with intelligences from the afterlife who affirmed that life after death is real and there is a creator.

I once made contact with an intelligent being who predicted an apocalypse few years ago. I think his name was Joe, on yahoo chat.

QuoteThe N.A.S.A. was involved in the scole experiments during the late 20th century which were basically a series of sittings in pitch black rooms where several voices and bodies of entities that we would call "dead" had appeared and conversed directly with the scientists and mediums present. This may be new to you and unbelievable, but it's all documented and can be researched on line if you look up The Scole Report. The documented experiments were reviewed by a committee of top scientists and found to be legitimate.

True or not, all you have is HEARSAY about god. From dead ppl or from the living, its still not credible. Extreme claims (infinite or very powerful god) require extreme evidence, far above talking to someone who may have seen it, and probably misinterpreted it.

Ben K

Afterlife is a funny word, It implies that there is "life" which in itself is funny. Concsiousness cant simply dissapear, you are as alive today as you will be the day after you "die".
EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEDGE

UniOne

Don't be too sure of yourself... God exist... He created a system of checks and balances in this world... Which is maintained by light and darkness....

Beware... scoffing the balance will cause it to go against your way of life...

For of all the things that we experience...

We reap what we sow...

no_leaf_clover

QuoteI find it interesting how many people question their own beliefs constantly as if they are terrified to believe in something that might turn out to be "wrong". It's neurosis if you ask me. This constant need for to "do the right thing" is ingrained in us culturally.

Constant questioning of our own beliefs doesn't strike me as unhealthy in any regard. Christianity would've never have evolved if our ancestors never questioned their early beliefs. Similarly, I wouldn't hesitate to bet that Christianity will become outdated just as Greek and Roman mythologies.

Here in the US, and western world in general, Christianity and the concept of God are ingrained on our minds culturally. Those that question what they are brought up with, rather than seeming neurotic to me, seem more as though they recognize the potential fault in human logic and simply wish to search for answers on their own, in a more personal fashion. It seems less logical to simply believe what others tell you, especially when there is nothing to back it up, save more words.

QuoteSeeing a man like Bush in the media saying he's killing innocent Iraqi's because God told him to seems to lend a lot of credence to an Atheistic view point doesn't it?

The fact that he's even in office is the sign of our times.  You'd think we'd learn something from WW2. :(

QuoteFacts today are showing that there's an afterlife, and yes, a being we can call God. Even N.A.S.A. has experimented with trance communication and has made contact with intelligences from the afterlife who affirmed that life after death is real and there is a creator.

If, say, dolphins or octopuses learned how to communicate telepathically to human beings, what would we tell them if they asked such questions?

Many people would say yes, there is a god. Many others would say no, or refer to various other belief systems. There is no reason to believe those that have died are the end-all. There's been a lot of talk around the forums about an area of consciousness where, after death, belief constructs are shed before moving on. The only thing we can factually say, is that we simply don't know.

QuoteDon't be too sure of yourself... God exist...

Oh, the irony!...
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

UniOne

Trust me... just read my work in the links on my first post... If you know your religions well enough and the history behind them, then everything will click...

I will say this though, Each believe we have is a puzzle piece in God's grand perspective, if you can put the pieces together and see where they link up... Then you can see how vital our believe is, and how much we actually know...

An awful lot... I might add...

Ben K

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use."
EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEDGE

UniOne

If I may... It is mass religion that does not want us to think... They wish that we do not question faith and to follow obediently....

God gave us brains, God wants us to use brains, Man just doesn't understand...

Ben K

You just basically restated my quote. Mr. Galelei was quite the rebel  :lol:
EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEDGE

UniOne

Oh... sorry... It's just everyone is attacking me left and right... even the moderators are poking fun now...

Ben K

Anyone who comes here proclaiming they are gods gift to the world and the rest of us have been in darkness since the beginning of our species deserves it, IMO.

If you cannot understand a simple quote i laugh at your understanding of reality.
EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEDGE

no_leaf_clover

QuoteTrust me... just read my work in the links on my first post... If you know your religions well enough and the history behind them, then everything will click...

Nothing to really prove the existance of god. Trace the origin of the Bible back to Sumeria and compare the tales of the two. Or read works by Zecharia Sitchin, because he does just that. A lot of what's in the Bible is probably based on actual events, but the Old Testament largely originated from Sumerian texts which often went into much greater detail (such as the beginning of Genesis, which is the Sumerian Enuma Elish and includes much more information). And the Sumerians were polytheistic. The Jews just took their texts and added a monotheistic spin, so you tend to sort of credit a polytheistic religion with a lot of that anyway.

The Enuma Elish outlined 12 important celestial bodies, which in the text are referred to, as we interpret them today, 'gods'. They were the Earth, Moon, Sun, all the planets we know of today, plus an extra one. It also included the Asteroid Belt, described as the 'Hammered Bracelet'. They described Pluto as being a former moon of Saturn, the outer planets' orbits being effected by a planet we have yet to discover (and it has since been shown mathematically that such a foreign force does indeed exert its gravitational pull on the outer planets), Jupiter as being the largest body besides the Sun, and the Asteroid Belt as being created during a set of collisions. They also note that the planets revolve around the Sun, in terms of 'stations' centered around the main body in our galaxy.

Coupled with this, Sumerian mathematics and astronomy was extremely advanced. They were aware of the rate of retardation in the Earth's spin, and thereby, of course, the fact that the Earth is round, revolves around the Sun, and spins while doing so. This was, of course, hundreds and hundreds of years ahead of its time, and even today, some of their mathematics tablets are yet to be understood by experts even today. So if you want to use sections of the Bible to compare with what modern science is finding, it would only be fair to go back to those from whom the Bible's text originates.

Proving the existance of a single, almighty and judgmental god is much more difficult than a scientific review of the Bible, however. If science could prove or disprove an almighty god, it would've done so by now. Science simply can't take on that which isn't physical, so we're all just going to have to go with personal experiences and logic on issues like these.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

coolbreeze

Atheism can also be considered the simple belief that "all people are generally good" without constant supervision.

I believe in a higher god, but not all the restrictions churches and religions place upon worship, its just not personal enough for me.

QuoteThe fact that he's even in office is the sign of our times. You'd think we'd learn something from WW2.  

And the whole Bolton/UN thing!! Whats up with that?! The UN is SO important. Why would anyone even think about nominating that idiot and hypocrite?

nighttrooper

belief is useless.  the only thing that means anything is investigation into the afterlife and what we need to do right now to eliminate our psychological defects.

Ryu-Kanjin

no_leaf_clover: Iv honestly never heard of the Enuma Elish or the Sumerians lol

Any books or websites you reccemend? I would looooovvveee to know more about those peoples ^^

Back on tipic, i dropped the belief in god ,in the christian sense,  years ago and formed my own beliefs ^^

Its hard to explain, but its a combonation of all the science and mathmatical knowlage i have and what iv experianced in my 18 years of life. It continues to grow with the more i understand ^^

For me, there is no gods, just higher forms of conssensess ^^ i can answar any quiestions if anybodies interested.
Dont look at the world around you with your eyes, use your soul, and you will see more then you have ever imagined.