News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Where does the time go?

Previous topic - Next topic

Kdog

Hi everyone,

There has been something I've noticed about the time... It's not just about "you get older and time goes by faster" that's not what it is. I feel as if it is being sped up on purpose.  Not to mention to me, it feels as if minutes have literally turned into seconds, years to months, it is so crazy.  I mean really, I'll be doing something, I don't know what.. maybe petting my dog and the next thing I know from 3:14 it is now 3:25, I mean is there something going on? Like some time loop I'm missing.  Another example is, it is May in the summer time and I'll be telling my mother that Christmas is coming up again, and she'll say, "Oh but it's so far away".  I said to her, "No. It's really not, you'll see what I mean once we get there" And sure enough the months absolutely just..flew by! Before I know it, I'm opening Christmas presents under the tree.
Has anyone else experienced this?
"It's time to wake up"

Awakened_Mind

Time is relative. Sit on a BBQ and see how fast time goes while you're on it. Seconds will turn to eternity.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

Stookie

Some days my 8 hour work-day seems like 15 hours, some days it seems like 3.

If you're really enjoying your life, it's going to fly by.

Kdog

hehe never mind, it seems like nobody is understanding what I am talking about here.  Time is being sped up. It doesn't matter, fun or not it's still flying by at a ridiculous speed.
"It's time to wake up"

Awakened_Mind

It's so much time that is speeding up as it is creation. More things happening in the same time. More things being compressed into the same time. I think a lot of people are percieving this as time speeding up. Creation is accelerating.

-AM

Stookie

Quote from: Kdog on November 13, 2007, 23:37:22
hehe never mind, it seems like nobody is understanding what I am talking about here.  Time is being sped up. It doesn't matter, fun or not it's still flying by at a ridiculous speed.

I understand, I just don't experience it. For everyone's perception of time to speed up, wouldn't the Earth have to spin faster and rotate around the sun faster?

Awakened_Mind

I think a lot of the problem is 2012 sites are interpreting the acceleration of creation as being an acceleration of time. Do you know those days where you sit at work and there's not much on and the days just drag. Then the days when you are so busy you don't have a spare minute and time just zooms by? Well metaphorically speaking, things are becoming more and more busy each day so it is definitely more likely to perceive the time as accelerating.

I think the statement "time is speeding up" is a little too radical without empirical evidence, given the fact that one's perception and consequent interpretation are entirely subjective.

-AM

Stookie

I see what you're saying: a larger number of people are experiencing the perception of "faster" time because of the amount of things happening on a number of levels. Like 9-11 and it's endless trail of situations, things are pushed into the forefront of mass-consciousness, causing a new perception of time.

Rob

This is an idea popularised by Art Bell, I believe he has a book called "The Quickening" which goes into this and other "earth ascension changes" in some degree of depth.

Could be tricky to seperate this concept from the consequences of getting older  :wink: - not to mention effects like diet, length of daylight, % time in certain activities, etc etc.
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Awakened_Mind

Might have to have a look into that book Rob, seems like something I may be interested in.

In terms of getting older and percieving time quickening fitting in somewhere, it is definately something you here a lot from older people and a phenomenon that is need of some explanation. One perhaps being that change is speeding up, not only in the external world but within the individual. Again producing a new perception of time. Things can be busy internally as well! :lol: Older people do become wiser and probably closer to an eternal mind than an adolescent.

Since time and space are linked together, if time were quickening, it would be rational to expect people saying "Wow! Have you noticed how small everything is becoming?" (As space compresses, time accelerates.)

Perhaps time is speeding up, and space is shrinking and we simply cannot percieve it because everything we use as a reference is under being effected also. I simply do not percieve it to be that way. I can't see it.

-AM

Embodied Words

I read on psipog.net (speaking of which, can someone tell me if I can actually trust that website?) that it's possible to slow down time and speed it up slightly will. This isn't completely relevant here, but it is somewhat.
There are in every man, always, two simultaneous allegiances, one to God, the other to Satan. Invocation of God, or Spirituality, is a desire to climb higher, that of Satan, or animality, is delight in descent.

- Charles Baudelaire (1821-1867)

MisterJingo

At our current time and place, time is pretty much constant, it simply changes relative to the observer. Time does not speed up or slow, your perception of it does.
Something interesting to note is the area of the brain which is used for time perception degrades as we get older. It means we becoming less accurate in our estimate of times passage, and explains why when we're younger, even ten minutes seems an age, yet when we get older, time seems to speed up. Time remains at our childhood rate, we simply become less able to experience it accurately. This gives the effect of time speeding up as we age.

-lines-

If time was speeding up, you would not be able to perceive it. If time stopped, then started again, you would not be able to perceive it. To put it bluntly, it is not; you are imagining it.
- Skeptical until proven otherwise -

loppoppy

As i've grown older it seems that time has sped up. sometimes i stop and think wow seems like only yesterday i was in secondary school.
Today has gone by rather quickly, but if i stop to think about it, the time spent seems to fit with everything i've done. Right now it's 2 AM where i am, my day began at 9 AM where i slipped to and from sleep for a while, made a few phone calls, spent some time on this site =P, met up with my girlfriend, hung around and watched a movie with her came home did some meditation and chakra work met up with some friends, ate dinner, did some more meditation, and now here i am! sounds like a 17 hour day to me considering the time it took to do each of those things.
The reason my life seems to have gone by so quickly since i was 14 or whatever is just coz i don't remember every single little thing i did until the point i'm up to now...and if you've lost the memory, you lose the time with it. So it seems like it wasn't so long ago.

But of course, as previously mentioned, if time was speeding up we wouldn't notice. But when i consider it time seems like it always has been, just theres gaps in time coz of loss of memory.

"Something interesting to note is the area of the brain which is used for time perception degrades as we get older."

now that is interesting! where did u get this information?

for what shall it profit a man if he is to gain the world and lose his own soul?