News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Destiny doesnt allow

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaskans

Phew! I really got grilled on this one.  :-D

You're right, society today being bad is an opinion I formed, that I never really looked at with a microscope, highly unusual for me.

The world is perhaps better, children are murdered by terrorists today, and they were likely murdered by marauders then. The evil has changed forms but it hasnt changed it's essence.

I really cant even say violence is worshiped now more than ever (arenas.)

I cant say we havent benefited from government, genocide aside. Medicine, though misdirected, has given people another chance. Logic, I believe, is very important for development of the individual and the universe. A brain using both sides is far more powerfull than one specializing in one area.

However, I get this nagging feeling that peoples souls are far more empty now than they have ever been. That people are more self centered, and well... thats exactly opposite of what we must achieve is it not? To become open, one with the universe, and in that way gain a great deal, reaching higher levels of paradise?

I'm always hearing about people in pharmacutical research sacrificing the greater good, often indirectly killing thousands of people, just to make money. They dont care about curing cancer or any other disease, the cures are already out there, but if they cant make money off it they wont distribute it.

I suppose what it all boils down to, why I formed this opinion.. I HAVE to beleive humans are better than this. I want the world to be set right, in my mind that means stepping back, but if this is how it is and always has been... well.. that means humans are hopeless, that God has given up on us and will not set things right, as there is no 'right' to set.
Every single person is an enigma of wonder waiting patiently to be realized.

Scoff if you want; soon we will be leading the race to new heights and you will wish you had followed us in our search for truth.

DH

Alaskans,

I think I feel your pain.  Witness my earlier post:

Quote from: DH on March 03, 2007, 02:35:18
      Science and technology have done a lot to raise the quality of life for those who are fortunate enough to have it, but I can't see that human nature has changed.  In my reading of history it seems there have always been those who are radically self-centered, those who are radically self-giving, and the multitudes who slide somewhere in between.  Are we evolving into something better?  That's my hope, but there has been a lot of great spiritual teaching for the benefit of humankind in the past 3500 years, and as far as I can see, the jury is still out.  DH

Things are better some ways, and in other ways we (humanity) have screwed ourselves royally.  But I get back to the thought:  It's about human nature and the attempt to satisfy the ego.  Material things will satisfy us, and even help us (as in medical advances and human rights advances).  But what about the human desire to "get what I want and screw everyone else"?  Thus, the continued atrocities around the world.

I'm afraid, my friend, that you are a philosopher, and these deep questions will continue to haunt your mind.

Personally, I think there is hope.  The inclination of humanity is still toward the good, despite the ego.  My belief is that is God trying to get through our selfish ego filters.  It is a slow process, but one that will continue to move toward both justice and mercy -- the two sides of love (tough love versus kindness).  God has established love in all of its fullness.  Look inside and I believe you will hear God say, "Keep the faith and LIVE IT OUT".   :-)   DH
God created the Universe for His 7th grade science project -- and got a C.     - Swami Beyondananda