Body of light: is there anyone mastering it ?

Previous topic - Next topic

grrla

I just read the body of light method by Ophiel,
basically, you perform a precise ritual with your physical body, then you sit eyes closed, and then imagine yourself doing it with a body made of thoughts, then you must shift your consciousness to this body (called body of light)

It look like an advanced visualisation (sense of sight) technique, but which also include movement (sense of touch) and speaking (sense of hearing)

It interest me mainly because it seem to be possible to do it while in the waking time, and it would make your possibility to project independent of your sleep cycle (more freedom)

Is there anyone who have mastered it ? Or at least tried ?
What do you think of this method ?

Does it make you more tied to eart while projecting this way, since you are somehow copy pasting things from the physical plane?

Subtle Traveler

Quote from: grrla on March 19, 2017, 16:25:07
basically, you perform a precise ritual with your physical body, then you sit eyes closed, and then imagine yourself doing it with a body made of thoughts, then you must shift your consciousness to this body (called body of light)

It look like an advanced visualisation (sense of sight) technique, but which also include movement (sense of touch) and speaking (sense of hearing)

It interest me mainly because it seem to be able to do it while in the waking time, and it would make your possibility to project independent of your sleep cycle (more freedom)

Is there anyone who have mastered it ? Or at least tried ?
What do you think of this method ?

Does it make you more tied to eart while projecting this way, since you are somehow copy pasting things from the physical plane?

Not sure what mean by "mastering" ... projecting to our second body (light body) is the basic essence of the out of body experience for an etheric OBE ...

My first projections beyond the body were using Buhlman's target technique with affirmations ... this resulted in an etheric experience where I targeted my light body into another room our home for my initial exit ... in one experience, I created this body by imagining it (using the target technique) and I could see this second body spinning on the other side of my room, because I was still near my sleeping body ...

If imagining or visualizing a body of light helps someone with targeting, then this technique may be the best technique for them ... but in the end it is no different than climbing a rope or ladder, imagining rolling out, etc. The end result is a perceived separation from our physical apparatus (and senses) ...

There are certainly light bodies ... everyone has one ... it is etheric ... this is something I have physically seen myself (with my physical eyes) ... HOWEVER it's a story I am not going to elaborate upon here, but I mention it to share that light (etheric) bodies are real things ... this is something clairvoyants often see (along with auras)

If you wish to experience your light body ... then I can tell you (from experience) that working with the chakras does enhance the odds of your light body becoming your 'target' or the place you end up for your OBE ... it is etheric, if that's the place you want to go ...

This is not to be confused (however) with the aura ... which is a differing vehicle and a bit higher on the energy scale ...

I do not know about Ophiel ... but I do know about Egyptian Alchemy (which is what Jesus and Magdalen used) ... it is simply another way to prepare the light body ... there are lots of choices we have in how to do that (Taoist Practice, Egyptian Sex Magic, and Indian Kundalini).

Personally ... it is my experience that knowing how to charge up the light body is a very useful skill to have while living and extended here in the physical. It's usefulness is not limited to creating etheric-focused OBE's.
As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...

grrla

By "mastering" I mean: being familiar with the technique and having it working almost every times

My main goal is to know why the process of life, and to go to melt in "the one" (if it does indeed exist)_ so I guess etheric plane is not for me, but if it is a great start to go the astral, why not ?
And if it can help me to get money and women, it would be a great (but somehow futile, imo) feature

Subtle Traveler

Quote from: grrla on March 19, 2017, 19:26:00
By "mastering" I mean: being familiar with the technique and having it working almost every times

My main goal is to know why the process of life, and to go to melt in "the one" (if it does indeed exist)_ so I guess etheric plane is not for me, but if it is a great start to go the astral, why not ?
And if it can help me to get money and women, it would be a great (but somehow futile, imo) feature

Having goals is useful. It does help focus. And ... money and women are perfectly valid focuses for physical manifestation ... if that is what you have real "joy" about. However, if you have a mixed vibration about a desire, my personal experience is that manifestation does not flow as easily (and sometimes not at all).

In my own out of body experiences, probably the most significant experience I have had is meeting non-physical guidance. It has created the most opportunities for my own expansion. I met my guide on the etheric level, and she also shows up in many non-lucid dreams.

Overall, my experience personally is that life is rather mysterious (intentionally). There is certainly oneness, but in my own exploration I have consistently found more "inter-connectedness" than oneness. The diversity within the Universe seems to increase the need for inter-connectedness.
As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...

Xanth

Quote from: grrla on March 19, 2017, 16:25:07
Ok... so what's REALLY important here is to realize "WHAT IS IT THIS TECHNIQUE IS ASKING YOU TO DO?"
*ALL* techniques are essentially the same thing - they all tell you to focus on *something* to the exclusion of all else. 

Take this "Body of Light" technique as an example.  I've read this one countless times over the last decade.  The "focus" of this technique is this "body of light".  You place your focus into "creating" this body which you then further switch your focus to "moving your awareness" into this body.  That's the gist of *EVERY* technique ever created.  The act of "creating" this "body of light" is the act of putting your awareness towards something outside this physical reality.  This is the act of pushing away the physical.  Essentially, if you "finish" this technique, you've done it wrong as the more you push the physical away, the projection reflex should naturally trigger.

1. Create or find a focus.
2. Use that focus to push away everything physical.
With this knowledge, you can then use it to

Give me a "technique" and I'll tell you exactly how it works. 

http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2015/01/21/design-effective-astral-projection-technique/

grrla

Quote from: Xanth on March 20, 2017, 16:44:48
Ok... so what's REALLY important here is to realize "WHAT IS IT THIS TECHNIQUE IS ASKING YOU TO DO?"
*ALL* techniques are essentially the same thing - they all tell you to focus on *something* to the exclusion of all else. 

Take this "Body of Light" technique as an example.  I've read this one countless times over the last decade.  The "focus" of this technique is this "body of light".  You place your focus into "creating" this body which you then further switch your focus to "moving your awareness" into this body.  That's the gist of *EVERY* technique ever created.  The act of "creating" this "body of light" is the act of putting your awareness towards something outside this physical reality.  This is the act of pushing away the physical.  Essentially, if you "finish" this technique, you've done it wrong as the more you push the physical away, the projection reflex should naturally trigger.

1. Create or find a focus.
2. Use that focus to push away everything physical.
With this knowledge, you can then use it to

Give me a "technique" and I'll tell you exactly how it works. 

http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2015/01/21/design-effective-astral-projection-technique/

Yes I know this, you are copy pasting this link in every new technique thread created after the 01/21/2015 ;)

But most of the techniques include focus on only one sense, and most of them are mean to be done within your sleep cycle
The most appealing particularity with this technique, is that is it mean to be done while awake, this is why it interest me (and all those pentacles visualisations look very badass).
To quote "Selea" who was an user of this forum talking a lot of the body of light, this would allow you to "not be a leaf in the wind" at the moment you project

To know there is people mastering for real the body of light, would encourage me to start to learn it. It seem like most of the people repeat what they have read and did not actually done it

Xanth

Quote from: grrla on March 20, 2017, 18:41:06
Yes I know this, you are copy pasting this link in every new technique thread created after the 01/21/2015 ;)
There's a reason for that.  As long as people are asking the same questions, I'm going to post the same response. ;)
And no, you don't "know this"... or you wouldn't have asked the question in the first place.

QuoteBut most of the techniques include focus on only one sense, and most of them are mean to be done within your sleep cycle
The most appealing particularity with this technique, is that is it mean to be done while awake, this is why it interest me (and all those pentacles visualisations look very badass).
To quote "Selea" who was an user of this forum talking a lot of the body of light, this would allow you to "not be a leaf in the wind" at the moment you project

To know there is people mastering for real the body of light, would encourage me to start to learn it. It seem like most of the people repeat what they have read and did not actually done it
All techniques can be done "whenever".  That doesn't change what the technique is about though.  It's all about finding a focus that works for you.  That's why all techniques don't work for everyone.  
This body of light might work for you, and it might not.  It has to do with how YOU learn and how YOU operate as a person.  

grrla

You are telling me that, this:

is the same thing that these ones:

I'm not okay

Xanth

Quote from: grrla on March 21, 2017, 09:49:17
You are telling me that, this:

is the same thing that these ones:
They're both potatoes.  They're both food.
Outside of how they're prepared, yes, on many levels they're the same things.
How you decide to look at something is your choice.  Hell, if you look even beyond the physical, you'll see that it's all ONE.  It's all energy/consciousness/whatever you want to call it.
That's the illusion you're stuck in.

All techniques are the same aside from the focus you wish to use. 
You're still using a focus in each one to accomplish the exact same goal.

I ask this to many people, but nobody has taken me up on it yet...
Give me ANY technique/method you can find out there and I'll explain the "focus" of it to you and how it works.
I have a feeling you might be the kind of person to take me up on that offer.  :)

QuoteI'm not okay
I'm trying to show you a huge shortcut I discovered regarding ALL techniques/methods... you seem absolutely determined to take the long way around.
If you want to waste time, go nuts.  I can only lead you to the water... you have to drink yourself.

SCHMUSTIN

I would tent to agree.. A potato, is a potato, no matter how its cut up.
The only thing that really changes is the way it is cut and how the outcome looks.

No to make things interesting if you were to compare a potato to a piece of paper.

Are they made of the same stuff/matter?? I would venture they are.

They are all made of atoms (electrons/protons) the only differences is the arrangement and the vibrational frequency they give off. In the end everything on earth is the same, that is why the mind is so powerful. EVERYTHING IS ENERGY! Ever heard of the "Law Of Attraction"?? The power of the mind is amazing!

Tow quote that I really like....

"Weather you think you can, or you think you can't... Either way you're ALWAYS right. It's the THINKING that makes it so." - Henry Ford

"Whatever, the mind of man can conceive, and bring its self to believe... It can achieve." - Napoleon Hill

Just my $0.02.

grrla

I understand what you are trying to say
The difference is that you look at the macro scale, vs micro scale
On the macro, you are right
And I'm still okay with myself: go to McDonald and ask to get the second picture, and receive the first one: you'll not be okay

Xanth, I've read you don't like debating. I don't neither
I'll keep at my plan of working on hypnagogia, but I tend to get it only for a few seconds then fall asleep
And I might work at the BoL technique later in parallel

On my previous post: what is your English words to call the things in pictures ?

SCHMUSTIN

Quote from: grrla on March 21, 2017, 17:17:55
And I'm still okay with myself: go to McDonald and ask to get the second picture, and receive the first one: you'll not be okay

On my previous post: what is your English words to call the things in pictures ?

I see that we are on the same page and as I was reading your post, it is a great example if "intent". You go to Mc Donalds with the intent to get a Big Mac and French Fries.

That is your intent.

You suddenly receive the order; they have given you chips. Still the same product just represented in a different way.  

The "micro" is really all that counts, if your looking at the big picture. Don't know if that makes sense.

Some places call the first picture french fries and others call the second pictures french fries. They are both french fries so to say.

I am curious to see how you look at all this... I think a the fork, I went right and you went left so to speak LOL.  

Not trying to be rude (please don't take this the wrong way), but I think you need to open your mind to possibilities. That may be beyond your comprehension at this point.

I may be wrong, and if I am, interpreting this totally wrong, would someone please correct me?? I am still new to this process as well; learning as I go. I like strike up conversation as it helps me grasp information allot easier. I do not mean to come off rude... just really enjoy open discussions LOL.

Xanth

Quote from: grrla on March 21, 2017, 17:17:55

Xanth, I've read you don't like debating. I don't neither
I'll keep at my plan of working on hypnagogia, but I tend to get it only for a few seconds then fall asleep
And I might work at the BoL technique later in parallel
It's all good.  :)
If you have any other questions please feel free to PM me.

QuoteOn my previous post: what is your English words to call the things in pictures ?
The top one are potato chips and the bottom one are french fries!  :)

grrla

Quote from: SCHMUSTIN on March 21, 2017, 18:39:48
You suddenly receive the order; they have given you chips. Still the same product just represented in a different way.  
Some places call the first picture french fries and others call the second pictures french fries. They are both french fries so to say.

The first picture is mean to be eaten cold
The second, hot

I did understand that English people might call both by the same name, but in my country they both have distinct name
And here if someone ask for the second and you bring them the first, they will look at you astonished and have a seizure. Then they will sue you and the judge will hang you by the feet and make a fire under you

I'm open minded