what exists without consciousness?

Previous topic - Next topic

catmeow

Hello jub jub.  I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  Thanks for the insight.  Yes you're quite right, all the philosophizing in the world doesn't alter the fact that we think and breathe and have lives which come and smack us hard in the face, real, imaginary or whatever.  In the end it doesn't matter two cents, we're here for sure, and we dunno why!
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

Aquarious

Quote from: catmeow on July 29, 2008, 17:04:49
Hello jub jub.  I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  Thanks for the insight.  Yes you're quite right, all the philosophizing in the world doesn't alter the fact that we think and breathe and have lives which come and smack us hard in the face, real, imaginary or whatever.  In the end it doesn't matter two cents, we're here for sure, and we dunno why!

Agreed. Maybe the 'Why's' aren't as important as people think they are.

jub jub

I do have a theory as to how our existence can be explained but, it's more from an electrical engineering point of view. And if you know anything about radio frequency (RF) and RF based test equipment, it makes perfect sense.

I won't bore you with the details unless you really want to know. Suffice it to say, it's a pretty basic concept.
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

Harliquin

We are, thats all there is.

We exist and generate the universe as we exist, we also percieve it.
OBE enthusiast

Synergy

Quote from: jub jub on July 30, 2008, 08:20:23
I do have a theory as to how our existence can be explained but, it's more from an electrical engineering point of view. And if you know anything about radio frequency (RF) and RF based test equipment, it makes perfect sense.

I won't bore you with the details unless you really want to know. Suffice it to say, it's a pretty basic concept.

I'd be interested... as I am starting to learn more about quantum physics etc. I am also very interested in the holographic universe theory... does your theory touch on these?
My Site: SPIRIT-QUEST An OBE community w/ mbr jrnls, ebook lib, music dlds, video, forum & more! 
Read my free 105 pg OBE E-Book

catmeow

"The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot - yes it's a good book.
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

Aquarious

Quote from: Synergy on August 02, 2008, 07:37:01
I'd be interested... as I am starting to learn more about quantum physics etc. I am also very interested in the holographic universe theory... does your theory touch on these?

If you want to know more about Quantum Physics try http://www.advancedphysics.org/ There are a lot of medical students and Professors there that try and wrap their brains around the quantum world. I remember going through a faze of wanting to learn more about it but the extreme Mathematics and the debates and disagreements on different theories from respected academics meant I was out of my depth and just simply couldn't keep up.

Interestingly, Most of the Quantum Physics students that blog have no religious or spiritual belief systems.