News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Phasing methods

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustardseed

Still Frank,all things considered and my own inability or whatever, I did have an experience that I still struggle with, what do you think happened, as per my last post.

Regards Mustardseed
Words.....there was a time when I believed in words!

Mustardseed

Dear Frank and all

For a while I have been mulling things over and have a few questions, to ask. The answers seem to elude me and the whole issue seems to be a bit of a catch 22 so bear with me.

If we assume that the constructs people have been putting on the OBE/Phazing experience, be it a mystic or more traditional religious one are only constructs, to make the experience fathomable to the mind, what makes the phasing model "better" "correcter" or more accurate, as a tool to describe what actually happens. If they are all tools (constructs) to describe an experience that seem to have no real definition or explanation, using  the parameters of the known universe we all inhabit, would it not stand to reason that the phasing idea is just another construct?

I confuse myself so if you do not understand the above its OK.Ha

So far I must admit the phasing works at some level with me, yet the exit experience seems so real that my mind battle with just seeing this as a elevation of awareness. In this I mean that moving from one place to another as in a conscious exit, tricks my brain, and makes it difficult for me to cope with the idea of phasing. It seems so abstract, and the exit so "down to earth" :D

If we see all these experiences for what they are without getting tangled up in what and how they happen, the mechanics of it all if you will, it seems to become easier to focus on why they are happening. This may be a springing point for some as here the belief seem to have an effect. A religious person may look for "the path" and a non religious person may just wander around thinking or trusting it all to be a fiction, however real it may appear, none of them KNOW.

What is the deeper meaning to you guys, why are we having these experiences? Does the Phasing model have something on this? it seems the Mystic and religious people do but what say ye......

Regards Mustardseed

halfphased

I guess what is important is why do you think you are having these experiences.

It is the old analogy of the snake and the rope.  If I walk into a dark barn and see a snake I am going to be scared, because in the past I have encountered snakes or heard about people encountering snakes and their description of the snake and all the terrible things that it can do to you.  But then someone turns on the light and I see that the snake is actually a rope.  

I know it is a rope, because I have used this braided length of twine before to do many tasks like tying my horse to a post or stringing it up to hang my laundry up to dry.

Of course, what happens if I have never seen or heard of a snake before?  I go into my dark barn looking for a rope only to pick up what I thought was a rope and have it bite me.

We find it convenient to trust in our beliefs, but we must get to a point where we are always aware.

A rope is not a snake and a snake is not a rope no matter how similar they might appear to be in the dark.  We must know a thing for what it is and not what it appears to be based upon false belief.

But I must give the mystics of old credit.  They were scientests to a certain extent.  They did a lot of work for us and helped to widdle away much of our false beliefs.  However, they made the mistake of widdling away a layer of false belief just to accept the next layer as fact.  

And of course they are going to warn you of demons and all the lot, because they don't want to see  you get hurt.  Thus all the love and light stuff.  If your thoughts are pure and you are full of love then when you go within yourself, you are going to experience nice things.  But if you are full of fear and angxiety when you enter focus 2 then you are going to encounter all sorts of terrible things.

For the mystics, it made more sense to say that they were traveling to some place outside of themselves where all these crazy beings existed.

For Frank, it makes more sense to say that you are going within yourself and encountering aspects of your mind, which tells me that these mystics were pretty fearful people.  But you would be too if every day you had to worry about having enough to eat or worry about being killed for the food that you did have.

Heh, it kind of makes sense now that the mystics of all people would be the ones to seek power and security.  Heh, they are so high and mighty yet the only reason they are high and mighty is because they are so scared to be brawling over scraps of food.  No wonder they saw demons and hellspawns everywhere they turned in focus 2.  And of course, they had to spread the good news of their own consciousnesses and make everyone else as scared as they were.  Thanks guys!  We owe you one.

Mustardseed

ha let me guess, you are a city boy.......ehhh maybe around 20 :lol:

halfphased

Mustardseed

Glad you take my little poke in good humor. In my experience those who speak as do you have built their "Faith" on the notion that fear by definition in un-real a bluf and does not "really" exist.

This might be very well and work in certain circumstances but in others maybe not. You just wait till you happen to come face to face with "Old Red" the meanest bull west of............ well whatever  :lol:   one day down on the farm. When that 800 kg of muscle and horns come charging down the side of your old barn because you forgot to close the fence.....you turn mystic mighty fast, and I tell you it will do you no good telling that bull he don't exist. Trust me.
I bet you get my point

:D

Regards Mustardseed

greatoutdoors

Mustardseed,

I love the analogy! Our bull was "Beau" -- a red Beefmaster. And yes, he could be mighty crabby! Do I take it that you are a country boy?

On the subject of fear and fearful things, that would be a major reason to know whether the astral is inside or outside of "us."

If we do not actually exit during an OBE, then all the things we see, whether good or bad, are aspects of our own nature. That being the case, nothing can harm us during an OBE.

On the other hand, if we do actually "exit," then the astral is outside of ourselves, and so are the spooky things. If that is so, then there could be harmful things/beings "out there."

Interesting...

Ben K

mustardseed needs some medicine.
EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEDGE

Mustardseed

very funny you should say that Ben I actually do. I am presently in a cellar room with 102 fever and needs some headache pills and electrolytes. Ha what are the chances of that.

Actually I spent a good deal of time in the country side but born and bread city. My experience are with spiritual things. You assumption that only things on the outside are harmful is also an assumption.

In the astral there appears to be no outside/inside each apparition, experience and manifestation has  to be tested on its own.

Regards Mustardseed

halfphased

Hrm, I guess I need to clarify myself a bit.  

My analogy about the snake and the rope was not suppossed to prove that something does not exist.  Rather, I was using it to show how someone can place their own personal views ontop of reality and thus distort what reality really is.

i.e. a person who has no idea what a snake is would have a worldview that did not include snakes.  So when they encounter something in their dark barn that has a shape that resembles a rope they will most likely think it is a rope.  It will not even occur to them that it could be a snake, because due to their limited knowledge about the world, they do not even know what a snake is.  Of course, they will soon find out when that rope decides to bite them.

We are always in the dark, so-to-speak, in that we never know everything.  There is always the chance that when I encounter something new I am going to mistake it for something else that I do know.  For all I know, someone could of soaked a roap in some sort of poison that can be absorbed throught the skin.  I, never being paranoid enough to think that someone would do something like that, come across this wet rope and believe that it is a roap that has been soaked in water.  So, I pick it up and next thing I know I'm dead.

If we do not actually exit during an OBE, then all the things we see, whether good or bad, are aspects of our own nature. That being the case, nothing can harm us during an OBE.

I am willing to say that we harm ourselves all the time due to aspects of our self.
I am sure there are things about yourself that you would like to change because of their adverse affect upon you or you know people that harm theirselves just because of their personality or bad habits etc.

NickJW

What exactly are the differences between F12 and F15? Can't anyone on these forums answer that???

Shinobi

Nick,

Try this link:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160894&highlight=f12+f15#160894

Pay special regard to the postings by Frank - he does a pretty good job of outlining the Monroe model in this post, and mapping it to his FoC model.

Take care,

Shinobi

greatoutdoors

I guess I need to do some clarifying as well.

When I say
QuoteIf we do not actually exit during an OBE, then all the things we see, whether good or bad, are aspects of our own nature. That being the case, nothing can harm us during an OBE.
I mean things separate and apart from our own mind/brain.

So far as our own minds harming us, that is a given. Even hard science is now getting on board with that concept. Just a few examples pop to mind: heart problems, migraine headaches, high blood pressure, etc. I am pretty sure we can also create purely mental problems for ourselves as well.

But, while the above examples are "real," they aren't initiated by an outside force -- it's not like running into a tree while OBEing.

Okay, I may have succeeded in confusing even myself.  :wink: