News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Am I on the right track?

Previous topic - Next topic

Okay, about a month ago I started reading (again) the posts on this forum about phasing, astral projection, and OBEs. Then, a couple weeks ago I decided to read Frank's What is Phasing and How Can I Do It? and decided to start trying it again.

After about a week of trying (phasing), I noticed that after 10-20 minutes of noticing (after reading this, I hate this sentence) it feels like I begin to steadily lose awareness of everything, then, suddenly, run full speed into a wall, but instead of sudden, horrible pain, I lose ALL awareness of my body and everything around it, and it feels like I am more awake than usual. I can stay like this for a few minutes, but I usually fall asleep. If I don't fall asleep, after a couple minutes I will start seeing flashing blobs of light, hearing strange, random sounds, and eventually seeing random pictures (windows, faces, fish). At this point, if I haven't already fallen asleep, I do.

I try this twice a day, and if I feel like it three times a day. The first time is when I go to bed at night, second (sometimes several times) is when I wake up, and, if I feel like it, sometime in the afternoon. The reason I said "several times" on the second is because I will usually reach the imagery, then fall asleep, wake up about 30 minutes later thinking I was waking up the first time, and try again, only to have this repeat itself several times.

So, after that long post, I have a few questions:

Is it normal to lose all body awareness that suddenly, after that little bit of time, and to feel more awake than usual?

Beyond "noticing", is there anything else I should be doing?

Other than practice, is there another way to keep from falling asleep?

Most importantly, am I on the right track?

Stookie

Quote from: 3588897 on January 06, 2010, 01:08:59
Is it normal to lose all body awareness that suddenly, after that little bit of time, and to feel more awake than usual?

In this game, I don't think anything is normal. It sounds like you've entered trance, the hypnogogics start, and then you fall asleep. But this is good, because you're aware of the process as it's happening, even if you still fall asleep. In other words, you're building skills that'll eventually get you there.

Beyond "noticing", is there anything else I should be doing?

Have you tried a rundown? Sometimes I'll use noticing to get me into a deep trance and when I feel deep enough I'll switch to my rundown. This might help you stay more aware during as your body is falling asleep. Here's what Frank told me back in 2005:

"A good rundown is something that captures the attention and engages the senses. Make it too simple and you'll get bored and give up or fall asleep. Make it too complex and you'll likely lose the thread of it, then get bored or fall asleep. Also, it would be helpful engaging the Monroe focus 3 state before initiating your rundown."

Other than practice, is there another way to keep from falling asleep?

See above

Most importantly, am I on the right track?

Sure as heck sounds like it. Keep at it and it won't be long. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Thank you for your response, Stookie.

QuoteHave you tried a rundown? Sometimes I'll use noticing to get me into a deep trance and when I feel deep enough I'll switch to my rundown. This might help you stay more aware during as your body is falling asleep. Here's what Frank told me back in 2005:

"A good rundown is something that captures the attention and engages the senses. Make it too simple and you'll get bored and give up or fall asleep. Make it too complex and you'll likely lose the thread of it, then get bored or fall asleep. Also, it would be helpful engaging the Monroe focus 3 state before initiating your rundown."

Actually, that is the first time I've heard of a "rundown". The next time(s) I get that far in, I'll be sure to give it a try.

QuoteGood luck and keep us informed of your progress.
The first time I get anywhere beyond a trance state, I'll definitely to post something about it.