Experiences with obe4u.com techniques

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanth

Quote from: luffy28 on July 23, 2014, 00:36:44
Thanks, but then what's the big difference between an obe and a LD?
How most people use the terms... nothing.

QuoteI had some recall (not total) of a vivid dream today and I remember kissing a girl through a partially open door and the kiss (not also minding she was good looking) was like a video game emulator. I could feel her tongue, the saliva, her lips, etc...
Any experience you have is real.  It doesn't matter where or when it occurs... it's something that happened.  How "vivid" an experience is, is secondary to the fact you experienced it.

QuoteAlso when talking to the dead / current living people in LD's is it really communication with the dead or is that only in obe's?
Nobody can know.
Are you okay with the possibility that you'll never know?

Instead, ask yourself if what you gained from the experience with the communication was beneficial to you.  That's the more important question.

dust8879

Quote from: luffy28 on July 22, 2014, 20:24:18
I awoke this morning at 8 something in the morning and it didn't work. I've been trying it everyday since the first post and am deciding to take two weeks off and after that I'm only going to try it three days a week because I do feel that it has tired me out. Also I just wanted to mostly get lucid dreams not obe's until I had more experience. I remember posting on this forum that when I was doing it three times a week I was having lucid dreams. Thanks for all the support, when the two weeks are over I'll post in this topic again and restart the conversation or we can even continue this conversation until then.

How many times a night are you trying to project? If you're trying 3-5 times you have a higher chance of success than if you tried only once. But if you're using an alarm to wake you up I can see how that would tire you out.

luffy28

Quote from: seán7781 on July 23, 2014, 12:21:46
How many times a night are you trying to project? If you're trying 3-5 times you have a higher chance of success than if you tried only once. But if you're using an alarm to wake you up I can see how that would tire you out.

I wasn't trying before I went to sleep or during the night, but upon awakening all the times I tried. I tried it upon awakening. Also most of the time I would only awaken once during the morning. I remember waking up twice in the morning, but that was only once or twice. For most of the days (or at least the first week) I would try setting various alarms on my cell phone to wake me up during the night at various times. When I resume I'm going to only set one or two alarms to wake me up so I can re-read the instructions, then trying upon my first awakening. Also it was very annoying waking up to the alarm no matter what volume it was.

Thanks.

dust8879

Quote from: luffy28 on July 23, 2014, 17:10:21
Also it was very annoying waking up to the alarm no matter what volume it was.

Thanks.

In Raduga's book, he mentions how critical it is to get the best sleep possible for the first six hours. It's this that allows you to wake up with more awareness later in the night. You don't want to be disturbed by alarms during these first six hours. If you happen to wake up naturally during the night then still spend 3/4 minutes focusing on affirmations and visualisations, but it may work better for you to have your alarm going off only during the last 2-3 hours of your sleep.

luffy28

Hi,
I set my alarm for 4am this morning (didn't realize it wasn't two weeks yet) and reviewed the techniques I was going to use then went back to sleep.

I woke up this morning two or three times. Within those two or three times I had a vivid / partial LD. In one of my dreams I met a celebrity. But the thing was that during the dream / recall it felt like I was half awake half asleep. I'm not going to try until next week because I made a mistake of not practicing for two weeks.

Thanks.

luffy28

I've been reading a book called "A field guide to lucid dreaming". It's virtually a couple of new facts mixed with what a person (like me) who's been studying LDing for a year or a couple of years, has already known.

It says to not move when awakening (just like the phase book from obe4u), and to say an affirmation before sleep etc... To anticipate the dream recall / actual LDing etc... it's virtually a rip off of knowledge available on the internet.

I might try to do the techniques from the phase book earlier than I committed to only because of boredom. Should I?

Also can someone comment on the half awake half asleep post I put previous to this one?

Thanks.

soarin12

If your excited to try again then go ahead IMO.  Affirmations are VERY powerful.  I usually don't project 2 nights in a row, but I did last night and the night before.  I said my affirmations before bed both nights, and both mornings I projected.  The second morning I didn't even try.  It just happened because of the affirmation.

Don't worry about the half awake half asleep thing.  It happens.  Just keep practicing and your first fully lucid one will just happen out of the blue.  Then after that, you'll recall the way that experience felt and you'll be able to much more easily bring yourself to full lucidity again.

Also, if you have another half awake half asleep one, if you're lucid enough to remember these instructions, interact with your environment- rub your hands together -touch a wall and feel it's texture -ask yourself who am I?  Where am I?  That should bring you around to full lucidity.  You probably already knew that with all the reading you've been doing!   Good luck! :)

luffy28

Quote from: soarin12 on August 03, 2014, 02:19:58
If your excited to try again then go ahead IMO.  Affirmations are VERY powerful.  I usually don't project 2 nights in a row, but I did last night and the night before.  I said my affirmations before bed both nights, and both mornings I projected.  The second morning I didn't even try.  It just happened because of the affirmation.

Don't worry about the half awake half asleep thing.  It happens.  Just keep practicing and your first fully lucid one will just happen out of the blue.  Then after that, you'll recall the way that experience felt and you'll be able to much more easily bring yourself to full lucidity again.

Also, if you have another half awake half asleep one, if you're lucid enough to remember these instructions, interact with your environment- rub your hands together -touch a wall and feel it's texture -ask yourself who am I?  Where am I?  That should bring you around to full lucidity.  You probably already knew that with all the reading you've been doing!   Good luck! :)

Thanks,
This morning I had three to five lucid / vivid dreams but didn't remember / process them because I just laid in bed.

I'll also have to make up an affirmation and look up some exit techniques.

I'll post an update tomorrow.

Lionheart

Quote from: luffy28 on August 03, 2014, 19:31:17
Thanks,
This morning I had three to five lucid / vivid dreams but didn't remember / process them because I just laid in bed.

I'll also have to make up an affirmation and look up some exit techniques.

I'll post an update tomorrow.
Affirmations are VERY POWERFUL. I use them every day. No skipping, lol.

I found that you have to be quick to write all the important stuff down right away after awaking from a Dream. But your Dream recall will improve the more you exercise it, just like a muscle. Try not to skip a day though, because one day will become two days, then a week and so on. Stick to your guns.  :wink:

Also, when writing down your Dreams. Do a section under your current Dream on "Dream triggers" that led you to become Lucid in them. This will be very helpful for you in the future. EscapeVelocity came up with this up recently and it is very good technique for continuing to become Lucid in your Dreams.
Here's the thread talking about it: http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_dreams/how_to_avoid_a_ld_despite_9_easy_dream_triggers-t44860.0.html

luffy28

Quote from: Lionheart on August 03, 2014, 19:52:11
Affirmations are VERY POWERFUL. I use them every day. No skipping, lol.

I found that you have to be quick to write all the important stuff down right away after awaking from a Dream. But your Dream recall will improve the more you exercise it, just like a muscle. Try not to skip a day though, because one day will become two days, then a week and so on. Stick to your guns.  :wink:

Also, when writing down your Dreams. Do a section under your current Dream on "Dream triggers" that led you to become Lucid in them. This will be very helpful for you in the future. EscapeVelocity came up with this up recently and it is very good technique for continuing to become Lucid in your Dreams.
Here's the thread talking about it: http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_dreams/how_to_avoid_a_ld_despite_9_easy_dream_triggers-t44860.0.html

Thanks,
I read it in a little hurry, but will have to re-read it maybe a couple of times to understand it. Also I've got a couple of affirmations I've been saying since last night and they're pretty good.

Again thanks.

luffy28

I recorded a dream this morning and have been noticing for the past two days that I forget some of the dream. I usually write keywords, then go back to sleep. I'll go back to the keywords a couple of hours later and I notice that I forgot a part of the dream (a certain keyword).

Also I'm not going to do DT's until I at least get twenty to thirty dreams in my dream journal.

Thanks.

Lionheart

Quote from: luffy28 on August 05, 2014, 20:18:35
I recorded a dream this morning and have been noticing for the past two days that I forget some of the dream. I usually write keywords, then go back to sleep. I'll go back to the keywords a couple of hours later and I notice that I forgot a part of the dream (a certain keyword).

Also I'm not going to do DT's until I at least get twenty to thirty dreams in my dream journal.

Thanks.
Keywords or basic point form descriptions give us the "gist" of the Dream. But they seem to lack deeper revelations of the Dream. It takes a while of becoming Lucid in these Dreams to see what's really important to the plot or lesson shown.

DT's will help you get to those twenty or thirty Dreams for you journal much faster.

DT's are basically anything that's occurring in your Dream that consists of anything other than you sleeping peacefully in your bed.

But I find that certain people from my past, entities and destinations do occur quite regularly in mine.

luffy28

Thanks LionHeart,
I've kept re-reading a certain part of the book and it says to do a reality check every time you do something (a certain action). Or set an alarm every hour or two to do a reality check. Instead I've been saying four affirmations I've made up every time I go into / out of a door. An example could be I'm about to exit a room I then say affirmation 1, then I go into another room affirmation 2, then I go out that same door affirmation 3, and the process keeps repeating its self.

Also I say all affirmations at the start of a song I'm listening to on YouTube, then in the middle of the song (a minute or two depending on the length of the song), then at the end of the song or when it's stopped.

You're right affirmations are very powerful because I remember repeating an affirmation to myself for two or three days in high school and actually believed it.  

I'm also not ready to do an actual / physical reality check until I record more dreams so I can notice more dream signs / DT's.

Again thanks.

luffy28

Hi,
I awoke multiple times this morning thanks to the affirmations, also I remember either last night or early this morning having vibrations. I also recalled at least one dream.

Thanks.

luffy28

Found this website

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-remember-your-dreams.html

I couldn't go to sleep hardly last night because I was trying to visualize for the MILD technique and I figured out that visualization right before sleep keeps me up.

I'm going to try to visualize during the day and an hour or two before I go to sleep.

Thanks.

luffy28

I finally had a partial LD / very vivid dream last night.

Also I remembered between three to five dreams, but only remembered to record two of them last night.

One of the dreams was where I was going to get into a fight with a bold European guy because he was xenophobic against me for my appearance.

Another dream was where I was in a restaurant in Atlanta,Ga and the police were interrogating / about to arrest an employee that didn't want to do his job.

I remembered the dreams doing the 90 minute technique I put in an earlier post.

Who Am I

2 tips and advices

1) do exactly as Raduga suggested. wake up after a few hours, drink a glass of water and back to sleep with an intention of projecting. then the second you wake up again, try to separate without opening your eyes or moving your body. the best and most easiest method for me is rolling side to side, which is confusing in Raduga's book since he doesn't verbalize it this way. just roll your body side to side as you're laying on your back and you should roll out with your astral body onto the  floor. other methods that worked for me were... the rope technique, imagine there is a rope going to the ceiling, visualize extending your astral arms, and pull your astral body out by climbing the rope. and the third, but the most rarest working method, is to 'jump' into your visualization. but that would usually project you to the visualization itself, like a beach or another place. if you're a beginner, i'd suggest to sticking with projecting into your room/house. you want to explore step by step and not jump into the deepest ocean, if you know what i mean

2) experiment. yes, Raduga suggests you sleep 6 hours, and stay awake for 30 mins. but from experimenting, i found that the best method FOR ME is to sleep 3-4 hours, and stay awake 3-4 hours as well. i dont even need to do Raduga's method anymore, because as i go back to sleep and relax, my body tends to go into the vibrational stage and i would have an OBE. everybody's body is different. you gotta find what YOUR body prefers and how YOUR body functions. for example, staying up 5-10 minutes for me doesn't work. i just go back to sleep. and staying up for 30 minutes is even worse, because I have a really really really hard time falling back asleep for a few hours at least. so, like i said, experiment and find what works best for you. but do stick to Raduga's method for now, unless you already had a bunch of OBEs.

luffy28

Quote from: Who Am I on August 12, 2014, 16:30:32
2 tips and advices

1) do exactly as Raduga suggested. wake up after a few hours, drink a glass of water and back to sleep with an intention of projecting. then the second you wake up again, try to separate without opening your eyes or moving your body. the best and most easiest method for me is rolling side to side, which is confusing in Raduga's book since he doesn't verbalize it this way. just roll your body side to side as you're laying on your back and you should roll out with your astral body onto the  floor. other methods that worked for me were... the rope technique, imagine there is a rope going to the ceiling, visualize extending your astral arms, and pull your astral body out by climbing the rope. and the third, but the most rarest working method, is to 'jump' into your visualization. but that would usually project you to the visualization itself, like a beach or another place. if you're a beginner, i'd suggest to sticking with projecting into your room/house. you want to explore step by step and not jump into the deepest ocean, if you know what i mean

2) experiment. yes, Raduga suggests you sleep 6 hours, and stay awake for 30 mins. but from experimenting, i found that the best method FOR ME is to sleep 3-4 hours, and stay awake 3-4 hours as well. i dont even need to do Raduga's method anymore, because as i go back to sleep and relax, my body tends to go into the vibrational stage and i would have an OBE. everybody's body is different. you gotta find what YOUR body prefers and how YOUR body functions. for example, staying up 5-10 minutes for me doesn't work. i just go back to sleep. and staying up for 30 minutes is even worse, because I have a really really really hard time falling back asleep for a few hours at least. so, like i said, experiment and find what works best for you. but do stick to Raduga's method for now, unless you already had a bunch of OBEs.

Thanks,
I asked on another forum and the person said I didn't need to do the ninety minute technique because over time I would remember more dreams.

I think I'm going to stick with the 90 minute technique for at least a week more and if it doesn't work, then I'll go back to the obe4u techniques. So far the most dreams I've gotten to record is two doing this technique.

Also yesterday I had a dream that felt like an obe, but I didn't have full control of it.

Yesterday I really wanted to recall my dreams because of the breaking news of a celebrity death and wanted to see if I could meet that celebrity in the astral realm through a dream.

Also I got this from another forum but saying "What was I just dreaming?" out loud also helps in recalling dreams. I did it this morning and that's how I got the details feelings it was an obe dream.

Thanks.

luffy28

Hi,
Over last week one of the days I awoke consciously in the middle of my sleep between three and four times. I was too tired / didn't focus on the techniques within those wake ups. Does anybody have any tips on how to wake up consciously in the middle of sleep like the book (the phase from obe4u) says? Do I just need to have a strong intention?

Thanks.

EscapeVelocity

Waking up like that takes a lot of instant willpower to fight off the urge just to roll over and go back to sleep.

Have you tried affirmations?

Set your alarm across the room so you have to get up to turn it off; then stay up for twenty minutes or more.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Who Am I

takin a nap after I come from work works the best. Something about sleeping during a day makes my body automatically wake up within 3 hours. and after that I can't sleep again for a while. this only happens during the day at around 6 or 7pm... I'd wake up around 9 or 10 by default. If I were to go to sleep at night, that would be a different story...