have you projected with your eyes open before?

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaxen_2008

Have you? what happened? were you trying? please only answer if you have.

roman67

I have never projected with open ayes and never tried it.

Xanth

Have any of you ever done that thing where you stare at yourself in a mirror on a single point... then after a minute or two of staring you start to see distortions appear?

Those distortions that appear are the start of entering the void.  The same thing occurs when close your eyes and focus on the blackness you see... the noticing exercise is entirely based on this premise.

That's the beginning of projecting with your eyes open.  The problem comes when the distortions cause your field of vision to change, and you end up blinking ruining the experience.  Projecting with your eyes open, while would be EXTREMELY difficult (you'd have to be able to ignore all visual stimulus), isn't outside the realm of possibility.  :)

You're consciousness... as such, you can project from anywhere, at any time... as long as you can push away all physical stimulus.

Klaxen_2008

Quote from: Xanth on June 14, 2013, 13:39:52
That's the beginning of projecting with your eyes open.  The problem comes when the distortions cause your field of vision to change, and you end up blinking ruining the experience.  Projecting with your eyes open, while would be EXTREMELY difficult (you'd have to be able to ignore all visual stimulus), isn't outside the realm of possibility.  :)

what are these distortions? can you explain them more please. You think this would work staring at a flame?

also have you projected like this before? how did it happen please if you did.

Szaxx

Try it for yourself. Keep a relaxed position and look at a point infront of you and don't move or even blink. Dont examine what you're looking at just look with no expectations.
Your eyes and mind attempt to change the rest and it results in a blackness, a grainy blackness. From here your thoughts have more meaning and can produce a vision of another location. Make sure you can't fall if you crash out. You're close to sleep if you do it correctly.
Try it when bored.
Let us know after a few attempts what appears.
These visions are very detailed too once you are familiar.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

proyect_outzone

But one major detail should not be forgotten. If you try to leave your body while the eyes are open, you should keep in mind, that the physical body must be asleep to leave it.

Its not impossible, but it needs patient learning and experiencing.

You can blink, but you should let the blinking happen unconsciously (dont think about blinking or not blinking during relaxation). If you do it right, it does not affect your relaxation at all.

You should also observe unconsciously and try just to notice the objects or environment and not follow or focus anything with your eyes. You will maybe see some supernatural stuff, mostly shapes and colors. Dont follow or focus anything with your eyes, only then it becomes more clearly visible. Otherwise it fades, and also the relaxation fades. Sometimes the common hypnagogic images fill the field of view.

If you make all right, you fall into a full sleep paralysis and the visible things become suddenly or really fast much more interesting. You will feel and see the sudden change. After reaching this point, it cannot be far to the time of the actual leaving of the body. This point is the most near point before exiting, which i can reach with open eyes. Maybe i do just not pass because i focus during this state just on studying the visible stuff.

Xanth

David Warner

The best recommendation I can offer is to video tape yourself when you try to project. I have done this on many occassions and have captured my physical body using three camera's. Viewing all physical reactions during the OBE process.

A few twitches here and there, one time eyes opened then closed then re-opened but on the end of the experience upon returning.

Hope this helps for future experimentation.

All the best,

Dave
InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us

roman67

Thanks for the suggestion David. I really want to try it once when I am going to project.

majour ka

Klaxen_2008

proyect_outzone

QuoteI wrote something about this very thing a couple years ago for my website:
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2010/12/02/a-theory-visual-fading-away/

Enjoy

You describe a phenomenon similar to this:

http://www.clickege.net/2013/05/soccerery.html

The brain tries during long observation of a not moving colored object to remove it by adding the respective negative color. Yes, during long staring on one pont, the whole environment becomes absolutely grey. But no focus 10 is there because letting the field of view become grey does actually need some concentration. The automatic eye movements should not be supressed. Only the by reflexes caused movements (reflexes, which force to do a consciously movement) should be avoided. Completely unconsciously done movements (mostly very slow and more or less constinously) should be ignored. The problem is to learn to distinguish the consciously and the unconsciously actions of the eye.

If one has learned to distinguish these kinds of movements, one can achieve easily near sleep states without much efforts. Reaching the actual sleep paralysis does need some efforts (concentration), but it can be done.

majour ka

Quote from: Klaxen_2008 on June 19, 2013, 13:46:11
what bout if eyes half closed?

Erm no just open or closed for me, but I guess half open is open...its not closed :o)

Szaxx

How about driving at 70 mph and experiencing the hypnagogic noises while attempting an RV experiment.
Everything in total control. Safety is paramount.
It's half way in my book lol.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

enlightnd

Quote from: majour ka on June 19, 2013, 19:40:26
Erm no just open or closed for me, but I guess half open is open...its not closed :o)

Depends, Is the glass half full or half empty ?  :-P

majour ka

Quote from: enlightnd on June 20, 2013, 04:55:36
Depends, Is the glass half full or half empty ?  :-P

well if the eyes are open, they are not closed.

But more to the point are they seeing anything  :-D

MHCS

My eyes once pulled a left eye real world, right eye outside in rtz...It was crazy...

Little Bibble

In one of Bob Monroes books he describes separating while he opened his eyes. I don't think it's a big thing. Bruce Moen (although not going OBE (but equating to the same thing) enters the NPR while walking and driving.

pm1978

I can lay in bed half asleep and see the RTZ through closed eyes sometimes :-D

Lionheart

Quote from: pm1978 on July 05, 2013, 04:23:36
I can lay in bed half asleep and see the RTZ through closed eyes sometimes :-D
I have this happen as well.

I think a lot of accomplished APers get to this stage or level after awhile.

It's because they are ALLOWING it all to happen and are not fighting it through fear.

The trick is to just passively observe it will an air of curiosity just like all the other Astral signposts.