The Astral Pulse Hotline

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

Okay, you're actually doing really really well. I suggest the moment you realize, 'oh wow I was out' that at that point instead of allowing your consciousness to come fully online/aware that you stay in that half sleep state and drop back into where you left off.

On your next attempt look for things that are different when you feel you've failed. Since you KNOW you were out once you really woke up before then you KNOW you can do this and that it IS happening. So next time go with whatever is happening, that is falling on the floor or whatever. Perhaps the lights are on but you know they were off. Or the doorknob is not the one you know is on the door. Little things like that and those little differences will tell you you aren't in Kansas anymore Dorothy.

Good going, you CAN do this
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

EscapeVelocity

First- In my opinion, you are not doing anything wrong.

In your first post you don't exactly state just what it is that you are thinking is wrong, so I will assume that your frustration is with just how short in time your OBEs have been, and the fact that you are not immediately launching off into some adventures.

The simple truth is that this is how it is for most all of us early on in our efforts.

There are several aspects at work here and I am not sure anyone can really pinpoint just which ones apply directly to you; so I will present some ideas.

1- Your OBEs are very brief because you are learning to utilize the etheric energy body which requires a fair amount of energy and only has a short time of operation. It is like a scuba tank with only 40 minutes of air; this energy body early on only has a few minutes at most. Also there is the question of storing and maintaining the memory and transferring it to the Physical Reality (PR) consciousness. This can actually be a bit difficult early on.

2- If your first OBEs are etheric in nature, then you only have a very small range to operate within, proximity to your physical body...50 feet at most. So you need to stay within your apartment or house, maybe the backyard at the most. Moving beyond that boundary will often cause loss of consciousness.

3-If you can find yourself operating beyond that 50 foot distance, then it likely means that you have activated your consciousness within your astral body, and that will begin a whole new area of development, and this is where your initial idea of "adventures" may begin...

4-There is learning to take place at every level, and as Nameless pointed out, this learning begins right there in your bedroom/living room at the etheric level. Slow down and take careful notice of everything that you can. Just observe. Is the room the same as the PR version? Has some furniture re-arranged? Have some new fixtures appeared? Look at your energy body; how do you move? Are you floating; can you put your hand through the wall? What does that feel like?

Do not rush the process. There are very specific lessons to be learned in these early OBEs. We cannot define each and every one of them for you; they are often very definite and personal insights that need to be experienced and learned before you can move on; one of these insights is in fact the patience of allowing the space to learn these very insights!

5-I will say this, that it seems apparent to me that you are in fact being forced to slow down and focus on these subtle aspects of your current experiences...that your training has already begun, that some outside influences are taking an interest in your education. So accept that and go with it; relax a bit and go with the flow of what is presented. Push when it feels right but don't fight.

Also, don't try for six hours...that was no doubt a beautiful effort; but it does not have to be that difficult. 20 minutes to an hour. Sometimes you just need to take a break. If you feel the absolute need for the three day shamanic sweat lodge, then go for it...I have found that much can be done comfortably at home :-).

Great post and thank you for sharing!

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

elMago

Thanks for these words of encouragement. They mean a lot to me. I feel better now. I know I have the tendency to rush into things. To always try to push and accelerate the learning process without respecting the abc's. I would like to add a bit of background as to my energy work. I was blessed to manifest a group with whom I have been training pure energy (psi) work. We have successfully done telepathy exercises and other energy related tasks. Like moving someone with your energy and without touching them. We have learned about intake, grounding and centering. I have been also introduced to shamanic plant medicine work. I received the blessings of San Pedro ceremony and recently Kambo and Rapè.

To sum things up and give a better understanding of my purpose here, I feel the call to become a healer. A life coach of sorts that integrates practices and knowledge from all sorts of spiritual and energetic practices. I have been researching O.B.E, Buddhism, Taoism, shamanic, wicca, trauma work through inner child, shadow work and other mindsets and techniques to develop a way to better help my fellow brothers and sisters.

I appreciate all the guidance that can be given to accomplish this beautiful task.

Lighthouse4

Hi All! I thought I'd ask for any advice if that's okay.

I just began trying to astral project from a meditation state about a month ago. I've tried in the morning, afternoon and evening. I also learned how we can AP from a lucid dream, so I also began the process of trying to become aware of when I am in a dream. The following has happened five times so far. I am aware I am dreaming. I "go back" to my body and begin vibrating. The vibrating just happens. I don't make it happen. The vibrating seems to last about 15-25 seconds, I suppose (although it's hard to be certain). The first time I vibrated, it was intense; and I also heard a rushing wind and beautiful music. It was a fantastic experience. The next four times I vibrated were soft and pleasant. I heard a soft wind the second time and not the other three times. I've tried to exit during vibrations, and I've tried to exit after the vibrations have subsided. One time during vibrations, I lifted my astral arms but couldn't sit up, so I lifted one leg but couldn't lift the other. Then my body woke up and the experience ended. I was not totally sure whether this lifting of my body parts was a dream or the astral body. Although, it felt quite real, physically. This last time upon "coming back" from a dream and the vibrations came on, I felt my head sort of come back into position and softly adjust to the comfort of my pillow (I realized later, it was actually my astral head I felt). I then instinctively (because this is how I prepare to meditate) pulled my hair back (I don't like it touching my face or neck), I put my head back down on my pillow and put my arms to my side. Again, I realized later this was not my physical body doing this. When I "came to" and the experience ended, my body was on its side and NOT on its back at all, but I definitely "physically" felt all these motions when I was doing them (in other words, it was NOT like when I dream and feel nothing physically). I have tried to exit using the rope method, the lines of force method (this method seems to do something in me like make me feel...dizzy), the floating up method while also picturing the ceiling (and I do feel a bit of sloshing in my head), and lastly, imagining myself standing in front of my bedroom door with my hand on the doorknob.

I have a feeling that part of the reason I haven't been able to project is due to fear. I'm a recovering fundamentalist Christian (LOL) and I recently came across The Law of One where the ET entity who is called Ra (social memory complex existing on higher level of consciousness, who also happens to have evolved from Venus) said that one must be careful exiting the physical body. (Another similar entity Q'uo said something like that as well). There is supposedly a chance (although slim) a negative entity (existing on a higher level of consciousness) can *trick* a novice into following them to a negative space/time existence and their physical body will die.

Okay, I know this sounds very new age and being that my personality type has always sort of gravitated to the spiritual, this is what I've been reading. However, I *don't* want to get all fundamental about it, like I did with Christianity. That's the last thing I want to do! But I know myself and because of some of the things I've read, it's now in my subconscious and now I have to work harder to get past the fear. When I read that about a negative entity being able to do that, in all honesty it didn't resonate as something that could happen. I'm trying harder to trust my gut these days.

I don't think my gut is taking over yet, though. Two times this week, I dreamed I was in a house (first dream with my sister and second dream I don't remember who but it was more than one person) and went around closing all the windows and shades in every room. In my dream this morning, I saw that some gorillas got loose and I wanted to shut them out (I had watched a sweet gorilla video the day before). Some of the people in the house with me deliberately went outside to see the gorillas. I heard them laughing like they were having fun with the gorillas. Something about these dreams made me think maybe I was still having some fear to explore and maybe the folks who went outside to enjoy the gorillas were another part of me saying, "You're missing out."

So, I thought maybe I should focus on WILDs for now. From what I understand, one waits for hypnagogic images and that's sort of a window into a lucid dream. I just started practicing that. Seems so similar to what I do when trying to deliberately project (OBE). But, unfortunately, I don't really get much of those hypnagogic images. Not yet anyway. I'll keep trying.

Well, that's it. Any advice? :-D

EscapeVelocity

This is a great post Lighthouse4!

Despite your apparent frustration, you are making good progress and the clarity of your description is excellent; it's really a bit difficult for me to make sure that I comment on all your noteworthy insights! Personally I am lousy at doing quotes, so I have to give an abbreviated mention of them to get started.

First, a point of clarification that might help: You state that you are aware that you can AP from a dream, and then you describe doing it and becoming lucid enough in a dream to then imagine going back to your Physical body and making an 'etheric' exit. The truth is that you are already 'out'! More than likely, once you become lucid within a dream, you are now in your astral body. And you can move on from there into more important experiences. But instead, you are trying to return and manifest an etheric body exit...now that is all fine and good, but you are encountering some difficulty. You are, in fact, close to an etheric exit when you do this; you are noticing many of the various etheric exit sensations (vibrations, body-loosening, etc), but you become stuck. Bcause your Higher Self wants you to realize the distinct difference between the states. And another big aspect of this is encountering and overcoming any remaining FEAR issues, as you have properly recognized.

So, one way to deal with the fear is to re-program and reassure yourself with some simple pre-practice/pre-meditation affirmations-

I ask permission of my Higher Self to move Out of Body. I know that I am safe and protected.

I wish to experience the out of body consciousness. I ask for permission and grant it to myself. I trust in the protection and experience of my Guides.

This is a bit of re-programming the personal computer and asking for and allowing permission from the subconscious safeguards that are in place for all of us. I had to figure out my own safeguards and gently lower them. And actually, I think that you are doing quite well all on your own.

Your FEAR insight is likely right; it can be any kind of 'fundamental' belief system that does not recognize this other-world possibility. We have to overcome this natural, built-in, cultural rejection. proper affirmations and repeated exposure will accomplish this. And you are already making progress on your own. Dismiss the ideas of negative entities or experiences; this is nothing worse than taking a walk in the woods; there are subconscious fears to be aware of but really not much more. And you do have protection. With that said, if you are a personality subject to aberrant delusions, then no, definitely this is not for you. Your insight that a negative entity could affect you to this degree is exactly right. Again, this is a good confirmation of your 'gut' and insights being trustworthy perceptions. A newfound ability, as it were...

Your dream is an excellent symbolic and metaphorical representation of the development your consciousness is undergoing, so pay close attention to these dreams; always write them down. The fact that it repeated should tell you something. In my experience, any dream of a house represents a metaphorical construct of my personality, my ego, my place in the world. The other people who populate it represent aspects of myself, whom I am observing in their actions/reactions. A person represented by your sister may indicate a closer resonance to you (either good or bad), (nonetheless, it is an aspect you are giving special credence to). I think that your analysis of the dream is exactly right and in this the 'feel' is very important. The gorillas were a recent image of your subconscious dredged up to represent the interesting but inherently unknown aspect of the Non-Physical Reality which you are contemplating exploring. The other aspects of you were allowed to venture outside and explore and the laughter was your insightful confirmation of it's safety. Nicely done! And you understood the 'feel' of the situation very well.

So, you can also explore the WILD but I think you are doing great with what you have. You just have to learn a bit more of recognizing the messages and insights, which you are doing quite well.

This period of learning for me felt like a lot of 'scrambling around' from experience to experience and I felt some confusion in making sense of it all. This may just be a simple fact of learning during this time, so just be aware of that and let it continue. This is all a form of very subtle teaching.

You could also add an affirmation, asking to start putting it all together, asking for something like-

Okay, I have all that and thank you for it. What is the next important lesson that I need to learn?
                                                          -O. Wilde

Lighthouse4

Thank you so much for your reply, EscapeVelocity. Your words are very encouraging to me.

The few times I have become aware I'm in a lucid dream, I seem to automatically "come back" to my body. I think it's because when I first read about going from LD to AP it mentioned coming back and then projecting from there. I think my subconscious is a powerful thing. :-D I need to remind myself that I can project straight from LD to AP without "coming back" to my body. You are correct, when I come back I get stuck even though I'm right on the edge. :-/

Your comment that my Higher Self wants me to realize the distinct differences between states is interesting to me. Since I began researching this, I have been very fascinated by the nuances of each state.

I will definitely begin your suggestions of reprogramming myself with pre-meditation affirmations to get rid of all the fear.

I am excited to see what happens tonight and in the early morning hours.

Where is the best place to update on my progress? Here? Or another thread?

Thanks again for your insight and encouraging words!

EscapeVelocity

You are welcome!

The subconscious is a powerful thing and it does push us in subtle ways from place to place. The possibility of your Higher Self wanting you to experience different states is a subtle and interesting thing and can create a fair amount of frustration here on our 'ground level', Lol. Your sensing of the nuances is a good indicator to trust in this newfound perceptual ability of your psychic sense, in other words, your intuition.

These are multiple, non-physical senses, just like our 5 physical senses, that you are now becoming aware of. It is exciting and just a little overwhelming. Just let it happen in its natural course. Just follow whichever one takes you. It's like riding different horses...

When you realize that you are LD, then you are already AP. The next step is to apply an 'intention' to change your environment; either go somewhere, visit someone or do 'something'. Just understand that your 'learning' may intrude and offer you something unexpected or slightly different then your original expectation.

Early morning hours are great opportunities for exploration; my personal favorites! Right on the edges of dreams, in between...sometimes it works, but not always...

Here is a fun exercise: Next time you become fully aware in a lucid dream, command it to stop! Then collapse the scene into blackness and you may find yourself in the 3D Void/Blackness. Either way, if you can stop the scene, then you can simply announce your desire of where you wish to go, whom you wish to visit or what you wish to experience...give that a try...after all, it is your personal dream space and you can do with it what you want...

You could start your own personal Dream Log or OBE Log, either here or down with some notable others in the Dream Board...your choice and we look forward to it!

Pleasant dreams,
EV

-O. Wilde

Lighthouse4

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on October 02, 2019, 05:26:23
You are welcome!...

Hello again! Not much success so far. I haven't had any other lucid dreams. :-/

When I try to project during the afternoon, I simply allow my body to think I'm going to take a nap and when I start to slip, my mind wakes up and I begin to focus on the blackness behind my eyes. I'm not sure how this "technique" is different than focusing on the blackness behind my eyes right away. It takes like 20 minutes before I'm deeply relaxed, so that's a lot of focusing. So, I changed it up and just allow myself to almost fall asleep before focusing. Is this okay to do? Also, I don't really get any distinct images, let alone 3D images, during that time. Is that okay?

Many nights I find myself "coming to" every couple  hours, probably as I am ending the sleep cycle. I try to focus my mind but I usually fall back to sleep. I have been having/remembering lots of crazy dreams. The other night I felt something strange happen, and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I *think* I was dreaming about something first and then as I slowly came out of it, perhaps I began to subconsciously try to project? My body felt like it was being... massaged and as I "came to" I realized it was my astral body feeling the sensations. It was different than the vibrations I had felt before but it felt similarly exhilarating. I suppose it could have been related to some kind of transition. When I was totally awake, I wondered if I had been groped by "another" or if it was just my own energy. I really couldn't make sense of it. I wasn't afraid as I sat there. I was kind of irritated, though, like it had interrupted my process of projecting. Any thoughts on that odd happening?

Lumaza

Quote from: Lighthouse4 on October 05, 2019, 01:35:17
When I try to project during the afternoon, I simply allow my body to think I'm going to take a nap and when I start to slip, my mind wakes up and I begin to focus on the blackness behind my eyes. I'm not sure how this "technique" is different than focusing on the blackness behind my eyes right away.
It's not any different. The key is to strengthen your ability to hold onto that focus until the "natural shift" occurs.

QuoteIt takes like 20 minutes before I'm deeply relaxed, so that's a lot of focusing. So, I changed it up and just allow myself to almost fall asleep before focusing. Is this okay to do? Also, I don't really get any distinct images, let alone 3D images, during that time. Is that okay?
Just curious, what's the rush? You are fortunate, when I first began practicing non physical exploration, it took me anywhere from 45 mins to an hour and half to be able to get into a good deep relaxing mental state. Now it only takes me about 2 minutes. But that came after a lot of practice. I questioned every little thing that happened. Things changed when I was told to just passively observe everything and allow things to happen the way they will. There was plenty of time to question it afterwards.

QuoteMany nights I find myself "coming to" every couple  hours, probably as I am ending the sleep cycle. I try to focus my mind but I usually fall back to sleep. I have been having/remembering lots of crazy dreams. The other night I felt something strange happen, and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I *think* I was dreaming about something first and then as I slowly came out of it, perhaps I began to subconsciously try to project? My body felt like it was being... massaged and as I "came to" I realized it was my astral body feeling the sensations. It was different than the vibrations I had felt before but it felt similarly exhilarating. I suppose it could have been related to some kind of transition. When I was totally awake, I wondered if I had been groped by "another" or if it was just my own energy. I really couldn't make sense of it. I wasn't afraid as I sat there. I was kind of irritated, though, like it had interrupted my process of projecting. Any thoughts on that odd happening?
I think you need to learn something that most of here already have and that's that you need to change your mindset on things. By changing your mindset, you change your reality. Check out this video link, It has been very helpful to me. I have my own process for that begins with a quick mantra that I visualize as well. By asking "who is it" that is seeing, hearing and feeling while I am focused on the darkness before my eyes, it somehow deepens the experience. Sadhguru and Deepak Chopra talk about that very thing in this fantastic video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMhJgdpj1d0

From what I have read from your previous posts here on this Forum, you have already had a number of non physical experiences, it's just that for some reason your expectations seem to be getting in the way. Whenever you find yourself in a experience wherein you are not consciously aware of this "physical" waking reality here in this realm, you are then in a non physical realty. It can only be one of two things, waking reality or non waking reality, also known as the Astral, Otherwhere, etc.

I allow my Dreams to occur unabated. I am consciously aware in them what is occurring, but I don't attempt to change the narrative. Instead, I find out what the purpose of that Dream scenario is itself. I keep the fact that I am Lucid in it as far back in my mind as I can. I found that too much focus on the fact that I am lucid in the Dream ends the Dream right then and there.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Lighthouse4

Quote from: Lumaza on October 05, 2019, 04:10:53
It's not any different. The key is to strengthen your ability to hold onto that focus until the "natural shift" occurs.

Okay. Hold the focus. Should I allow my eyes to drift here and there or should I strain to keep them focused on a particular dot of light? It's just a bunch of scribbles and whatnot of light behind my eyes. Not sure what particular piece to focus on.

QuoteJust curious, what's the rush? You are fortunate, when I first began practicing non physical exploration, it took me anywhere from 45 mins to an hour and half to be able to get into a good deep relaxing mental state. Now it only takes me about 2 minutes. But that came after a lot of practice. I questioned every little thing that happened. Things changed when I was told to just passively observe everything and allow things to happen the way they will. There was plenty of time to question it afterwards.
Twenty minutes is when I begin to relax. I lay there for up to two hours, sometimes, just focusing. 

QuoteI think you need to learn something that most of here already have and that's that you need to change your mindset on things. By changing your mindset, you change your reality. Check out this video link, It has been very helpful to me. I have my own process for that begins with a quick mantra that I visualize as well. By asking "who is it" that is seeing, hearing and feeling while I am focused on the darkness before my eyes, it somehow deepens the experience. Sadhguru and Deepak Chopra talk about that very thing in this fantastic video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMhJgdpj1d0
Thanks! I will check it out. :-)

QuoteFrom what I have read from your previous posts here on this Forum, you have already had a number of non physical experiences, it's just that for some reason your expectations seem to be getting in the way. Whenever you find yourself in a experience wherein you are not consciously aware of this "physical" waking reality here in this realm, you are then in a non physical realty. It can only be one of two things, waking reality or non waking reality, also known as the Astral, Otherwhere, etc.

I know the non-physical is real. I have experienced it several times in my life. I do have high expectations because my belief is all there. Maybe I'm too grounded? LOL Expecting too much too soon...the story of my life. LOL

QuoteI allow my Dreams to occur unabated. I am consciously aware in them what is occurring, but I don't attempt to change the narrative. Instead, I find out what the purpose of that Dream scenario is itself. I keep the fact that I am Lucid in it as far back in my mind as I can. I found that too much focus on the fact that I am lucid in the Dream ends the Dream right then and there.
Perhaps I need to find contentment in simply tuning in to the purpose of each dream. But, yes, it seems as soon as I realize I am lucid it ends the dream. Interestng.

Lumaza

Quote from: Lighthouse4 on October 05, 2019, 04:59:53
Okay. Hold the focus. Should I allow my eyes to drift here and there or should I strain to keep them focused on a particular dot of light? It's just a bunch of scribbles and whatnot of light behind my eyes. Not sure what particular piece to focus on.
I let my focus drift into the darkness before my eyes. I don't  use a single point anymore. Nowadays, after a few minutes of doing this, I get  a really strong urge to readjust my vision. I fight that urge and immediately I feel a wave of energy sweep over/through me. It's difficult to put that sensation into words. But after that wave has passed, I see that I am now experiencing a 3D depth and can now set my intent for that session. Frank Kepple and others here have talked about it being necessary to stop chasing imagery with our physical eyes. When you do that, your "Mind's Eye" takes over.

QuoteTwenty minutes is when I begin to relax. I lay there for up to two hours, sometimes, just focusing.  
Thanks! I will check it out. :-)
During extreme bouts of my Trigeminal Neuralgia I would lay for hours unable to sleep. This is what actually led to me understanding and experiencing what the Tibetan's called "Dream Yoga". I would be totally consciously aware of my entire Dream cycles. At first it was very tiring. But even though I was aware of my Dreams, my physical body was still resting and sleeping
I also found that too much of that noticing, led to many sleepless nights. There came a point where I couldn't turn it off. So, be careful what you wish for!  :-o.

QuoteI know the non-physical is real. I have experienced it several times in my life. I do have high expectations because my belief is all there. Maybe I'm too grounded? LOL Expecting too much too soon...the story of my life. LOL
Perhaps I need to find contentment in simply tuning in to the purpose of each dream. But, yes, it seems as soon as I realize I am lucid it ends the dream. Interestng.
It sounds like you already can see what is hindering you. You seem to answer your own questions in many of your posts here. Perhaps posting here helps you think out loud. Keep it up!  8-)

Practice, patience and perseverance will be your key to success, as it is in any other goals you set in your life. You are doing good. You just need to release the pressure you are putting on yourself here. Calm down, set the stage, per se, and go enjoy the show, for now at least!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Lighthouse4

Quote from: Lumaza on October 05, 2019, 20:11:44... Practice, patience and perseverance will be your key to success, as it is in any other goals you set in your life. You are doing good. You just need to release the pressure you are putting on yourself here. Calm down, set the stage, per se, and go enjoy the show, for now at least!  :-)

Thanks for engaging. :-) Yes, it definitely helps for me to write my thoughts out.

Ozzy

Hello guys!

First time participating here, I have had some experiences of becoming lucid during some dreams very sporadically starting when I was 16 but unhappily I was never too dedicated so have had few results.
Trying to stay in my back in my bed during relaxation, I would always or drift into sleep or feel so exhausted to turn into another position before feel sleep paralysis/hypnagogic state. Is there any good trick to achieve this state or I have to boost my determination and keep trying?
In the last two weeks had two experiences, slept 8 hours then woke up and back to sleep again after 30 minutes. Most of the tries I just slept normally but 2 times I became conscious during what seemed to be the vibrations I roled out of body and start to use stabilization techniques could activate my vision that was unstable at first.
1- First experience saw my bedroom as it is, daylight and everything. Decided to go in to the apartment next door, so I passed through the door of my apartment as it is, same color, shape etc. but the corridor seemed larger, passed through the door of the other apartment, I was conscious and could see and feel carpet tried to keep my awareness after a bit of exploring I woke up. Problem my perception of the color of the walls in the corridor were different, lighter. The configuration of the other apartment was different, but I know all the apartments have the same configuration.
2- Second experience saw my bedroom as it is, decided to jump through the window direct into the parking, as I passed through the window I found myself in a parking but the buildings around have the exterior in brick (not as my condo, wait that's not my parking!!!  :-o), I demanded awareness now, vision now, as I realised my vision was partial. I felt really aware (not like hyper reality but..) walked around and tried to talk with people walking around, realised I could not talk, I tried to force and force and woke up speaking what I wanted  :cry: the intention was to talk/ask questions to my higher self as I saw one video about lucid dreaming talking with dream characters.. am I mixing up thing?
I read all 3 books of Robert Monroe loooong ago, read some Laberge, Robert Waggoner and some William Buhlman. Any suggestions why I'm not getting to sleep paralysis or why I feel overwhelmed for the feeling to turn in the bed?
Any theory why after being in my bedroom when I transition to other place it seems like not the physical (well it is physical but not the place I was supposed to be).
Thanks for the patience of reading/ or giving some suggestions.
Ozzy

Lumaza

Hi Ozzy and Welcome to the Astral Pulse Forums!  :-)

You have some great adventures under your belt now and have definitely done your research on the how to's.  8-) All 4 of those Authors have great info to share. Robert Waggoner seems to target LDing (Lucid Dreaming) more than he does OBEs. If I remember correctly he says they are completely different. I believe they may use a different system or vehicle, per se, but they all end up with you being in a "non physical" realm/reality.

Our first adventures are normally very short, more like a "sneak peak". Our first adventures are normally of a "etheric" nature as well, just as yours was. You are finding yourself in a realm that is very much like your real physical one, but it is not the same. You are witnessing that fact yourself now. The Etheric realm can be a seem to be a mirror of this one, but if you look around and explore further, you will find a number of things that are new about the realm you have found yourself in. This is because when we shift out of our body, we have also shifted to a new dimension and that now you are experiencing the same place, but at a different frequency. If that makes any sense to you!

It sounds like you are knowledgeable about the grounding process as well. This is good, for this will help you to extend your adventures. Feeling the ground, touching a wall or some other object, all of those are fantastic for grounding you further into the scenario at hand. The key is to stay the course and don't make the error of thinking about your physical body at all. To do that is a instant OBE killer.

At any time, you could make a new intent and just be there. When you are experiencing a new realm/reality, you will find that it is very thought responsive, as in thought = action, pretty much immediately. Here we need to pick up the grass  with our hands, there it is already in your hands with just a thought. Try your "Happy Place". That will usually lead to some great experiences.

Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

EscapeVelocity

Hello Ozzy and welcome to the Pulse!

Lumaza has given you some good perspective to add to the knowledge base you have started with Monroe, Buhlman, Waggoner and LaBerge. I will back up what he says 100% and add a little to his comments and offer ideas on some other areas you mentioned. This is all MY opinion but includes much of what you have read and a few of my own favorite authors filtered through my own experiences. This is my personal 'provisional perspective'...if future information requires me to update, then I gladly remain open to that!

-Usually our first direct attempts to shift our focus into these new areas do result in a number of short experiences which can get timed-out for a number of reasons: Sometimes we simply run out of energy or staying-power, sometimes we lose concentration/focus/intent, sometimes too many questions arise and confusion sets in. In fact, when confusion or frustration sets in, it can seem that an outside force ends the experience for us so that we can contemplate and digest what we have experienced.

-These first experiences are most often what is described as Locale 1/ the Etheric Plane or Dimension/ the Real Time Zone. This dimension closely approximates the Physical Dimension, but as Lumaza wrote, this is a misperception which can lead to some confusion about actual locations such as you described. It can appear to be your apartment building but there can be confusing differences such as you have noted. This dimension appears to be a mirror-image of the Physical, but it is actually an 'energetic' version with notable differences which can confuse your perspective. Doors and windows may change places, as well as furniture or pictures...the exterior may appear different, as you've noted. Historical changes, maybe both past and future, can intrude in the form of visual overlays (such as the furniture was different 50 years ago), and this environment is susceptible to your subconscious introducing unexpected elements. Ghosts can show up, if their energy is still strong enough within that proximity. A lot of interesting phenomena can show up here, so don't just expect it to be a simple 'mirror' of your Physical Reality. A lot of distortion can occur here.

What's more, as your experiences grow and your Non-Physical (NP) energy bodies and senses develop, your experiences in this dimension will naturally evolve into the next- the Astral. You have already experienced this in at least two ways I noticed from your adventures: In the first, you explored the neighboring apartment which may have pushed your etheric body beyond its rather limited 20-50 foot physical range. At this point, you either lose consciousness and return or you shift your focus into your astral body, if it is developed enough. I ran into this limitation many times until I understood it and moved beyond it. In the second instance, you tried to communicate verbally and physically, and found out that this is useless...you are Non-Physical, NP. Now you will need to learn another aspect of Intent and how it applies to communication. Communication in the NP is by thought or telepathy. It is not by delivering a linear sequence of words or symbols; it is by forming complete gestalts or thought-paragraphs and mentally sending them. Think of comics and thought balloons. It's more than that but it is a good starting point. You think of the complete idea of what you wish to communicate, add some visual component if you think that helps; and very importantly, you add some sincere feeling/emotion of the idea you wish to convey. And then with 'Intent', you push it out and toward its intended recipient. Kurt Leland calls this 'feel/think'.

In its more complex form, it is like Monroe described as a ROTE. For me, receiving the communication happens the instant I send mine and it is like a PDF. file and it unfolds immediately...I just sort of hurriedly transcribe it within an instant. A ROTE is often a much more complex thing and feels like a 'compressed file' downloading.

This is just another aspect of the NP that shows you the demand and necessity for understanding and controlling your thoughts and emotions; as you pursue this, the skill level requirements will astound you as to what may be required within certain environments.

You will be learning that these 'energy' bodies have new senses beyond the five PR senses; Location and Communication are just two that you have noticed- Where am I and how do I talk to people?

Your NP experiences will likely begin involving dream elements or elements introduced from your subconscious; this will help you resolve leftover personal issues, so don't preoccupy yourself with it, just be aware of it. As your experiences merge from the Etheric to the Astral, then to the Mental, you will encounter Personal Astral or Dream Zone experiences (designed specifically for you)...so don't take everything at face value, there are many distortions that can take place.

Sleep paralysis- This is a natural stage of sleep that very few of us become aware of; it occurs almost always between dreams and sleep stages. To me SP is not readily accessible from a meditative/relaxed state or while trying to remain conscious as we drift into sleep...so don't waste time trying to look for that. If you gain awareness between sleep stages and notice that you are in SP, then certainly take advantage and explore what you can do within the state. Also any time you get vibrations. Sometimes you can make them work, sometimes not. It is always nice to have multiple methods to explore.

Now, drifting to sleep and looking for the hypnogogia to start- yes, that is a perfectly valid transition method and if you are adept at it then go for it. I like the Wake, Back To Bed (WBTB) technique for this plus you could try not laying flat and reclined, but sit up in bed with pillows or move to a recliner chair. Sad to say but often an illness such as a cold or flu or indigestion can offer difficult but great opportunities. One of my breakthrough experiences was during a night of severe indigestion and no sleep. About 4am, I propped myself up in bed for some gastric relief and was then able to drift off and completely observe the hypnogogic process and have multiple NP exits. Successful but exhausting! Lol.

If you liked those other authors, then I would highly recommend checking out Kurt Leland. His website and the two books, Otherwhere and The Multidimensional Human are among my favorites. MDH will give you great insights into his ideas of the many NP senses that need to be developed...great stuff!

Great adventures await!
                                                          -O. Wilde

Ozzy

Hello Lumaza and EscapeVelocity!

I'm sorry I disappeared, I read your answers and you guys rock  8-) 8-)!!!
I was reading about etheric plane, Kurt Leland and preparing to ask some more questions ... but my contract finished  :cry: so now I'm not having so much time as I'm looking for new contracts.
As soon as I fix that and get more time to try some more OBEs and read more, if does not bother you guys I will come with more doubts  :evil:
Thanks!!

Nameless

I'm a little late to the party, so to speak but do want to applaud Lumaza and EscapeVelocity for their more recent excellent responses here. Nothing to add, just dropping by.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

InspireMe7

Hello everyone.
My name is max I'm from germany and I really want to learn out of body. In the past I tried to learn it about 2-3 times but I gave up really quickly out of frustration :(

I feel alone with the topic and I'm really happy that I found this website. I feel pretty lost. I read Robert Monroes book and I watched YouTube videos on how to go out of body. Also when I first joined the website xanth (from this forum) gave me his book: my Astral projection truth which I read recently. I also watched a YouTube video I found in the forums here can't remember the name it was about obe (obviously). The first time I heard about the akashic records I had a deep feeling of I have to go there and it felt like someone was reminding me of smth I know...

I consider my diet to be spiritual. I heard it's easier to go out of body when you support your body with the right foods. I'm a full vegan I avoid sugar as good as I can chemicals in my food even gluten and I try to eat organic stuff. I try to eat things that help me with obe and things that support the production of dmt in my body.

I Recently started trying to learn obe again because there is something about it... It just can't stop trying to learn It.

So if you want to know why I wanna learn it It just feels right. And I also want to see if everything my spiritual teacher teached me is accurate. I have to see it for myself. I also feel as if I could learn so many new things about myself and the universe. I could grow as a person. I could do so many interesting things with it. Flying to countries, visit spiritual teachers, and maybe most Importantly atm see if I have guides and talk to them, get help and guidance from them and talk to my higher self. I could explore my subconscious and heal myself more, learn to use my third eye, learn what I came here to do and how to create abundance etc etc there is soo many reasons for me and I feel as this is the next step. I can feel it. But I'm stuck.

This is how far I came so far in one week, I know 1 week isn't that Long but I feel If I can't exchange thoughts and ideas and get some help with it my frustration will overwhelm me again.

So I lay down on the ground on my sleepingbag with covers. My head should be pointed to north legs to the south. Then I'm supposed to relax, right? which I feel as if I am pretty much always. So I lay down and try to breath and relax. And then I'm not sure what to do. I also wonder if meditating before helps. I only tried it once and felt as if I was closer in meditation to have an obe then when I was laying down after.

I tried a few times with affirmations as my spiritual teacher suggested;
I'm consciously out of body,
and I could feel some sensations as if my light body tried to get out. It felt a bit like bubbles popping on the bottom of my legs and my light body raising but my body always also moves upwards too which frustrated me today for example. Then I try to relax again and allow my light body to leave but then just nothing happens.

I also tried to focus on the darkness behind my eyes but so far I saw some images and landscapes but that was it because I read that we want to focus away from our body, I also tried to imagine myself leaving my body several times.

Sometimes I try to focus on my third eye and then I get some sensations too. Today I had my eyes closed but I saw some blurry whiteness! For 1-3 seconds maybe for 3 times. Which was interesting.

I'm also always asking my guides to help me if anyone wants to help but I only imagine or see them standing there when I try the rope technique. I imagine them helping me to get out by pulling me out.

I also tried binaural beats. One time I fall asleep and when I woke up again I think I experienced what people call the vibrations.

Sometimes I just fall asleep. I mostly have to try obe at the evening and sometimes I'm tired then. I can only try it in the morning on the weekend. But when I'm tired I just try to stay awake and see it as practice.

So my main problem is I don't really know what to do after I relax. I can't seem to reach the vibrational stage where I feel any vibrations in my body no matter what I do! At least that's how I feel. Do you have any tips? Should I choose one way (only affirmations for example) or mix them? It's like laying on the floor totally relaxed waiting for anything to happen but nothing happens. :(

Greetings from Germany,
Max

Volgerle

Quote from: InspireMe7 on November 15, 2019, 13:32:52
So my main problem is I don't really know what to do after I relax. I can't seem to reach the vibrational stage where I feel any vibrations in my body no matter what I do! At least that's how I feel. Do you have any tips? Should I choose one way (only affirmations for example) or mix them? It's like laying on the floor totally relaxed waiting for anything to happen but nothing happens. :(

Hi Max,

First of all, what I was taught by a guide once in a 'cut-the-crap'-lesson (as I later called it) is the fact that you do not need to wait for vibrations. That is what most beginners think. You might already be earlier in sleep paralysis (mind awake body asleep) state and thus be able to 'climb' or 'roll' or 'phase/teleport' out to an astral scenery or your bedroom (or an overlaying astral version probably) without experiencing symptoms like vibes.

During that teaching the nonphysical guide was actually laughing at me a little when I was lying there and waiting, before she then just grabbed me by my (astral) wrists/arms and dragged me out/up. I had these helpers quite a lot in my early times of learning AP (about 2009-2011) but later I was all alone. So I am now.

So maybe, as a AP beginner, you could ask for a 'helping hand' from your guides if you dare so. Normally they should hear you.

Since during exit phases you most likely are in the Dark / Void you might not see them first or not even afterwards since they can stay invisible to you later on, but you need just mentally ask for being helped and it might work.

On the other hand, well, I know many don't like or trust this method since you do not know what or who is really grabbing you then. And I understand that, it takes a bit of courage and trust that the helper will be there.

Anyway, still the lesson is valid: do not necessarily wait for any 'vibes' or other symptoms but try it first alone to get up/out or phase.

Another tip would be the time of day. You say you also tried in the morning a few times when you try it but it is not clear to me after how many hours of sleep. Also in the evening, did you sleep before trying to induce AP?

Many (also here) have had their first and then also constant success with the so-called WAKE-BACK-TO-BED technique (although it is better called a strategy than a technique):

Try sleeping (normally!) for 3 or 4 hours, then get up for a little while, some even stay up for half an hour but I do not find this necessary, for me I use my usual bathroom bladder emptying break at night and go straight back to my place of rest.

Then you are in a right physical state and somewhat 'primed' for success because too sleepy is not good and too awake also might rather make you fail. Use your alarm clock if you do not automatically awake after 3-4 hours of sleep and then give it a try. Lay back on your back after your short (bathroom) break and try whatever method suits best for you.

Quote from: InspireMe7 on November 15, 2019, 13:32:52
Greetings from Germany,
Max
Greetings from a fellow German. (You can guess my first name by my nick here). Nice to have s.o. from my country here.
8-)

Lumaza

Hello Max and Welcome to the Astral Pulse!  :-)

Reading your post here, I can see that you are getting stuck in the "release" and "let go" of the process. I see this often here. People say they are ready to experience "everything", but when something begins to occur, they shut it down. Tom Campbell says you need to go into this with an attitude that if you don't return, so be it. How many people do you know that are willing to "risk" that?
When they do finally "get out", thought equals action immediately occurs and they scare themselves or over anxiety themselves back "in".
For further info on "possible" symptoms and signposts check out this thread here:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/exit_symptomssignposts-t46206.0.html
This thread that was made in the past here will show you that you are not alone with your difficulties:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/you_have_to_give_everything_on_your_first_attempt-t11722.0.html

Now to the techniques. Bedeekin's "pre nap" technique that Volgerle spoke about above works very good. But only for a few times. After a few times, your system gets used to it and for some reason it doesn't work anymore. I find that many times techniques you do will only work for so long before you are forced to find another way or another focus target. Other people here on this Forum have found that to be true as well.

My first actual conscious OBE occurred during a "Candle staring" session I had and it led to a RTZ (real time zone), otherwise known as "Etheric" experience. I did what the video on youtube said and stared at the flame of a candle for about 20 minutes. I then blew the candle out, closed my eyes and focused on the "visual imprint" that was left behind. Soon I heard a sound that sounded like Helicopter blades overtop of my home. I was also experiencing vibrations. The sound became deafening and the vibrations felt like I was in earthquake (living in Minnesota I knew better though). I was hooked. It was the most extraordinary thing I have consciously experienced.

I have awoken in full SP (sleep paralysis) many times as well. I still do today. One time, I became aware of the Astral winds and vibrations then just "passively observed" it and saw it through. The next thing I knew, I was being raised up by my ankles, turned upside down and spun through my ceiling. I could only hold my conscious awareness for so long before it overloaded me and I clicked out.

There are a number of great techniques to be found in these Stickies here. Have a look. Find one that you think will work for you and have at it!  :-D
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness-b30.0/

Volgerle

Quote from: Lumaza on November 15, 2019, 22:31:22Now to the techniques. Bedeekin's "pre nap" technique that Volgerle spoke about above works very good. But only for a few times. After a few times, your system gets used to it and for some reason it doesn't work anymore. I find that many times techniques you do will only work for so long before you are forced to find another way or another focus target. Other people here on this Forum have found that to be true as well.

I agree that every technique/method wears off after a while or does hardly work at all. This is why I am always somehow a 'beginner' again trying other and new methods that hold up for me at least for a while. So far have not found the 'perfect' one but maybe it does not even exist at all (for me).

However, I don't see Wake-Back-To-Bed as a technique. I also was not aware of former Pulse member Bedekin posting it as 'Pre-nap' but rather referred it to Albert Taylor's book "Soul Traveler" because he coined that very name iirc. I suppose Bedekin also got it from him somehow.

I see WBTB as a strategy especially suitable for beginners, that is why I always recommend it to them and as said: to myself when I reboot my 'AP career' after a long dry period because it really is the one that seems promising to get your 'first' OBE despite the fact that it all wears off again later on. And honestly, so far it seems the only thing working for me after all.  :|

WBTB is thus not a technique for me but more of a done preset / priming / preparation strategy regarding the timing of when you do it. (Lumaza, that's a bit similar to your strategy of 'soak sessions' when you let in the water for the bathtub). Techniques is what follows then for induction and 'exit' when you lay down again (which in your case would e.g. be energy work and/or your Doorway phasing method combined).

But okay, hey, I'm a nitpicking nerd, I guess you know that already.
:-D  :wink:

Lumaza

Quote from: Volgerle on November 16, 2019, 15:02:21
I agree that every technique/method wears off after a while or does hardly work at all. This is why I am always somehow a 'beginner' again trying other and new methods that hold up for me at least for a while. So far have not found the 'perfect' one but maybe it does not even exist at all (for me).
When in doubt go back to the drawing board. Return to what initially got you "there". I find a good way to have a Etheric projection is to place a chair in the middle of your room. Before you sit in it, memorize everything around you. Be aware of how far the walls are away from you, where the Mantles are (if any are there), doors, stairs, etc, Now sit down, close your eyes and recreate everything around you in your mind. Next, take a few deep breathes. Now on the inhale feel you feel your Etheric body expanding towards your walls. On your exhale you feel your Etheric body shrinking back into your chair. Do this for about 20 minutes and you will all of a sudden be able to "see" your room like you could with your eyes open. A blindfold of some type will aid you in knowing that what you are seeing is a NP vision. Now, you can will yourself to your door, window, touch your walls, move up or down your stairs, etc.
I used that technique when I was new to this practice and had some great experiences with it. Another good technique is to simulate the tactile feeling of a moon walk, as in walking in 0 gravity. That's a fun one.  :-) 8-)

QuoteHowever, I don't see Wake-Back-To-Bed as a technique. I also was not aware of former Pulse member Bedekin posting it as 'Pre-nap' but rather referred it to Albert Taylor's book "Soul Traveler" because he coined that very name iirc. I suppose Bedekin also got it from him somehow.
I heard Albert talk about that in one of his video interviews as well. I enjoy Albert's interviews. He has so much passion for this practice!  8-) Albert said he got that technique from William Buhlman.
Here is a link to Bedeekin's write up. I like it because in it he dispels many of the Astral projection "falsehoods":
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/fantastic_obe_technique_bedeekins_method-t31819.0.html

QuoteI see WBTB as a strategy especially suitable for beginners, that is why I always recommend it to them and as said: to myself when I reboot my 'AP career' after a long dry period because it really is the one that seems promising to get your 'first' OBE despite the fact that it all wears off again later on. And honestly, so far it seems the only thing working for me after all.  :|

WBTB is thus not a technique for me but more of a done preset / priming / preparation strategy regarding the timing of when you do it. (Lumaza, that's a bit similar to your strategy of 'soak sessions' when you let in the water for the bathtub). Techniques is what follows then for induction and 'exit' when you lay down again (which in your case would e.g. be energy work and/or your Doorway phasing method combined).
I see WBTB more of a Lucid Dreaming 101. That's basically what it entails. Very rarely do you experience exit signs or signposts. The challenge seems to be in "grounding" yourself in the scenario you are experiencing. That and keeping your anxiety level at a minimum.

QuoteBut okay, hey, I'm a nitpicking nerd, I guess you know that already.
:-D  :wink:
LOL  :-D

Volgerle

I think I never read that Bedekin thread, thanks, will check it out.

Yeah, I got my first success with Buhlman's book, so maybe I got it from there then too.

And I remember the 'etheric' technique also from Buhlman's book well with going around in your room and touching things described there. I could give this another shot again although then I might have an etheric instead of astral projection. This was indeed the case back then in 2009 when I projected etherically into my room and flew to the ceiling, looked down on my physical body and then just went back again.

It was a 'heavy' experience I love to remember.

Panda Beast

I have been seriously interested in AP for about 6 months now. I think that I might have overloaded my brain with too much information, as I have been reading so many different books. Robert Monroe's 3 x books, 2 of William Buhlman's books, My Big Toe, Toth tablets decoded, Astral Codex, Frank K Practical Guide book, Astral Dynamics. I've also watched countless Youtube videos & have researched on a lot of websites too. I guess I'm just too confused about which techniques to use. I was wondering if someone could give me some hints on what I need to focus on to have my first OBE.

Lumaza

Quote from: Panda Beast on November 17, 2019, 19:15:14
I have been seriously interested in AP for about 6 months now. I think that I might have overloaded my brain with too much information, as I have been reading so many different books. Robert Monroe's 3 x books, 2 of William Buhlman's books, My Big Toe, Toth tablets decoded, Astral Codex, Frank K Practical Guide book, Astral Dynamics. I've also watched countless Youtube videos & have researched on a lot of websites too. I guess I'm just too confused about which techniques to use. I was wondering if someone could give me some hints on what I need to focus on to have my first OBE.
Hello and Welcome to the Astral Pulse!  :-)

It sounds like you have done your research. Each one of those Authors has great techniques in those books to aid you in your first OBE experience. Use them as "blueprints", but not something set in stone, per se. You can tweak them to your own liking or comfort level. I can't say I have been really impressed by YouTube videos though, unless they are seminars or talks by the famous Authors of AP. Many people there haven't quite handled their own "fear tests" and because of that they seem to share some bad info.

Your first experience will likely be a very brief "sneak peek". Normally this is just enough to "wet your appetite".

A few posts above I replied to another new member with this link to help them find something that they would be comfortable with. so, once again I will post it here for you too. This time I will put in bold letters so it is definitely noticed by anyone else searching for actual techniques to aid them in their NP (non physical) explorations.
There are a number of great techniques to be found in these Stickies here. Have a look. Find one that you think will work for you and have at it!  
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness-b30.0/

Another great thread to read is this one here. You won't necessarily experience all or even any of the many signposts or symptoms of a approaching OBE. If you do experience one, "passively observe" it with a air of curiosity and see it through.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/exit_symptomssignposts-t46206.0.html

Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)