News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

alluminum foil

Previous topic - Next topic

beavis

if it's possible to cover something with alluminum foil, in order to protect it from psychic influence?

No. My psi wheel is aluminum foil. It is moved by my psychic influence.

The AlphaOmega

Never heard this idea before.  Just be sure you don't chew it.  Not good for the denchers.
"Discover your own path to enlightenment with diligence".
              - Buddha

mattrox

if you chew on it you also have a 90% higher chance of getting alzheimer's disease [:O]

beavis

But chewing could be the result of stupidity instead of the cause.

kiauma

Non semper ea sunt quae videntur.

James S

LOL Beavis! [:D]

I've often wondered where people got the idea that Aluminium (That's Australian/English for Aluminum [;)])foil is going to stop psi 'waves' if that's what you want to call them. It does bugger all to stop most other kinds of waves as thin aluminium foil is mostly transparent to EM emissions. Stick a sheet of it it in a microwave and you'll see what I mean - goes right through the stuff!

If you're intent on shielding something, go with copper or tin.

James.

Logic

no, the alluminum reflects it, which melts your microwave [:D]
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

kiauma

Thanks James, now we are gonna see a bunch of people wearing copper hats!  [:D]
Non semper ea sunt quae videntur.

Aries

Sure Aluminum works.. didnt you see Signs??
Hey if you want to try something, there is a Telepathy Blocking Helmet out there, why dont you just buy that?
-Aries
How can the spoon know the taste of soup?

SpectralDragon

quote:
Originally posted by darstar

Does anyone know if it's possible to cover something with alluminum foil, in order to protect it from psychic influence? I am asking because I suspect that my attacker has the ability to use certain objects that I own to spy on me and influence me. It seems that whenever I think of her, she has the oppurtunity to influence me. So, in my efforts to lessen my attacker's influence over me and me myself, I've been trying to store anything that reminds me of her in a place where I don't have to see or think about it. I have been having some success with this, but at times random thoughts of her just seem to pop up. Also, I still often get the sense that she knows what I'm doing. Therefore, I think that just having these objects around (even if they are stored away where I don't have to think about or see them) allows her to influence me and spy on me. Also, there are some things I can't just throw out. Therefore, I would like to know if there is any way that I can keep these things in a drawer, and protect the drawer with something, in order to keep my attacker from using these objects to influence me. thanks :)

Jen :)

I find that the smudging ceramony works wonders on these kinds of things. Just get a smudging kit from your local shop if you can find one otherwise order it online. Or maybe anyone here knows how to make a smudging kit?
Basically in smudging you are smoking out negative influences. I hear cedar is good for this I will check at local shop and see what kinds of materials they use for this for you Jen.

volcomstone

essentially any incense or herb could be used for smudging, there are many that claim different herbs will have different metaphysical effects, but im sure you can just make that up

a smudging kit is basically just a big conch shell, and a nice feather

burn the incense in the conch shell and wave the feather around to spread it, while chanting some sort of thing ie
"you can't control me, what i say what I do"

or "there once was a man from nantukit"

<quote> LOL Beavis!

I've often wondered where people got the idea that Aluminium (That's Australian/English for Aluminum )foil is going to stop psi 'waves' if that's what you want to call them. It does bugger all to stop most other kinds of waves as thin aluminium foil is mostly transparent to EM emissions. Stick a sheet of it it in a microwave and you'll see what I mean - goes right through the stuff!

If you're intent on shielding something, go with copper or tin.

James.
</quote>

Ive heard of studies done by william crookes (physicist) who was very interested in the paranormal (most physicists are)

anywho he took measures to make sure that the effects of any sort of magnetic fields or EM radiation would cause on the "target" object to be moved by TK,

so aluminum foil won't help you, nor would copper,

I think you'd have a better chance with leaves or some sorta bio-material

or you could stick your head in a bucket full of water, and wait untill it freezes firmly in place.
opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away

darstar

thanks for all the suggestions. I was allready pretty sure alluminum foil wouldn't do anything. I shall try the smudging and see if that helps. basically what I would like to do is to use something to contain (in a certain drawer in my case) whatever psychic things are going on with these objects that I believe my attacker is using.

p.s. I actually did sort of line a hat with alluminum foil once even though I was pretty sure it wouldn't do a thing. turns out it only gave me a headache lol

chromed

Generally speaking, most magicians I know shy away from aluminum, atleast in ritual settings. Concensus is that it has a bad magical vibe as opposed to metals that have a more established planetary association. I imagine it wouldn't have the effect you intend.

Unfortunately, you're at a pretty big disadvantage in getting rid of this person's influence since you really don't have any magical training of your own. You have to play with the kiddy toys of the magic world (sympathetic magic) while it sounds like she might have access to more interesting methods. In fact, if I had to guess, her influence is probably tied to something she has of yours, not the other way around.

However, there are some things you can try on objects that you believe might be "tainted":
-Just get rid of them. Your already putting some psychic distance between yourself and them, so put some physical distance too. If you don't want to throw them out, just return them. Burning is also effective (and fun!).
-If she's really bothering you, burying the stuff somewhere nasty like a graveyard. That should send the message of "get the hell out or else" to whomever is trying to use the stuff to get at you.

Of course, the best advice I can give is learn to defend yourself. From previous posts, it sounds like you're just a walking psychic experiment lab for this person, and they're not going to stop until you make them. If you make it even a little bit difficult for them to manipulate you, they'll eventually go on to easier prey.

just my .02$
chromed

kakkarot

i read in a book (psychic discoveries behind the iron curtain, isbn 13-732230-5 if you want to check it out) that some researchers did some experiments with long distance tp, and after getting the tp to work they tried shielding both the sender and reciever in such a way that no type of known waves could get through (and they tested to make sure, and sure enough no known wavetype could get through), and yet still the tp worked with no hindrance.

just some food for thought ^_^

~kakkarot

darstar

quote:
Originally posted by chromed

Generally speaking, most magicians I know shy away from aluminum, atleast in ritual settings. Concensus is that it has a bad magical vibe as opposed to metals that have a more established planetary association. I imagine it wouldn't have the effect you intend.

Unfortunately, you're at a pretty big disadvantage in getting rid of this person's influence since you really don't have any magical training of your own. You have to play with the kiddy toys of the magic world (sympathetic magic) while it sounds like she might have access to more interesting methods. In fact, if I had to guess, her influence is probably tied to something she has of yours, not the other way around.

However, there are some things you can try on objects that you believe might be "tainted":
-Just get rid of them. Your already putting some psychic distance between yourself and them, so put some physical distance too. If you don't want to throw them out, just return them. Burning is also effective (and fun!).
-If she's really bothering you, burying the stuff somewhere nasty like a graveyard. That should send the message of "get the hell out or else" to whomever is trying to use the stuff to get at you.

Of course, the best advice I can give is learn to defend yourself. From previous posts, it sounds like you're just a walking psychic experiment lab for this person, and they're not going to stop until you make them. If you make it even a little bit difficult for them to manipulate you, they'll eventually go on to easier prey.

just my .02$
chromed

you're right about her influence being tied to things she has of mine. In the past I have lent her many things including books and cds ect, some of which she still has. they're not important to me as far wanting them back so that I could use them as they are things I have no interest in anymore. However, I see what you mean about her influence being tied to those things. She has a bad habit of borrowing things from people and keeping them for herself and refusing outright to give them back to people. She has done this to another of her friends along with me. She uses her psychic influencing that I mentioned in my first post to get people to lend her the stuff in the first place.
Despite what I said in my previous post (I think that was tied to how many times she's told  me I have no pyshic ability and it would take a lot of work for me to get some), I do have some ability of my own.
Lately, I've been practicing and have been able to sense my own and various other energies a little bit and have been able to sort of mentally reach out and get to the very surface where I can read other people's emotions. Also, I have been working on sheilding a bit and plan to continue with that of course.
Also, lately I've been trying to very much distance myself from this person. in fact, in the past week and a half I've only had one about five minute phone conversation with her. So far, the attacks have become slightly less frequent, so I plan to continue with this. As far as burying the stuff in a graveyard, I in fact live right near a graveyard when I'm not at school. Next time I go home I'll see what I can do. Thanks for all the advice :)

proudtobeanmt

It's none of my business, but if she is attacking you and you want to be mentally and physically away from her, you shouldn't associate yourself with her at all.  If she is your so-called "friend" she wouldn't do things of this nature to you.

Jon_88

Hehe if your so sure shes the source to your trubles , why dont you take a down to earth aproach to fix the problem?[:D]

Ask for your stuff back!!

Sophistik

I once saw a skitzo on the street corner with an aluminum-foil helmet.  It was to keep the voices out.  But I'm sure it didn't work, but I'm not that person.  As far as aluminum foil goes, I'm sure it has no powers whatsoever, unless it really means something to you.  People give power to all sorts of things, and if it means something, then perhaps it does.

twstedrage

I know this isn't helping for an answer but when I read this post, I can't help but think of the little kids in the movie Signs.
Well I am breathing so I guess I am still alive even though the signs seem to tell me otherwise -- TOOL

darstar

Does anyone know if it's possible to cover something with alluminum foil, in order to protect it from psychic influence? I am asking because I suspect that my attacker has the ability to use certain objects that I own to spy on me and influence me. It seems that whenever I think of her, she has the oppurtunity to influence me. So, in my efforts to lessen my attacker's influence over me and me myself, I've been trying to store anything that reminds me of her in a place where I don't have to see or think about it. I have been having some success with this, but at times random thoughts of her just seem to pop up. Also, I still often get the sense that she knows what I'm doing. Therefore, I think that just having these objects around (even if they are stored away where I don't have to think about or see them) allows her to influence me and spy on me. Also, there are some things I can't just throw out. Therefore, I would like to know if there is any way that I can keep these things in a drawer, and protect the drawer with something, in order to keep my attacker from using these objects to influence me. thanks :)